• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
For me, in this case, its not a matter of choosing the 3 pokemon the trainer cycles through, its about figuring out a trainer that fits with an intergenerational lineup like the one you described. A gym leader with a selection of various pokemon across generations, all with a shared type, is something that could work. Or a champion with a strong lineup of multi-gen pokemon, like Iris.
Why don’t we just use eevee and give them the evolution gimmick?

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I might post a video of our Cassandra vs. Sophitia matches.
Too late. I bet it looks like this. Probably.

Not only that, we've played the match-up so many times throughout the years, and understand the characters so well, we tend to Double-KO more often than not. There's a lot of clashing and hitting at the same time and stuff.
Hah!

Even when that **** is preventable she goes for the anime ending.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I'm afraid to post my usual greeting today, largely due to the mess I made yesterday. But hear me out: my stance still stands firm. Female FP5 or riot.

Also good luck to Smash for getting Game of the Year.
lol where you bouta riot? the local gamestop?

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see Sir. Daniel Fortesque in Smash someday on the topic of PS associated characters. Did anyone play him in PS All Stars Battle Royale?

Guess we can just wait for PS All Stars Battle Royale 2 Directed by Sakurai and developed by Capcom for his true form.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Kinda late to the party, but I skimmed people where talking about a Pokemon Rep.

What is everyone's thoughts on a second pokemkng Trainer with a Gen 3,5,8 mix? Who would you choose in this case?

For me it's Scorebunny, Dewott, and Sceptile.
Gardevoir, Meloetta, and Hatterene

Gardevoir could be swapped with Kirlia and Meloetta with Lilligant if need be.

Jassassino

Smash Apprentice
*folds bottom hem of trousers to ankles*
Oh, don't mind me. I'm just going for a cycle and my trousers get caught in the chain.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Honestly in regards to gender, a female fighter for FP5 would at least be more interesting than whoever they end up picking...which is probably gonna be Lloyd or a Ubisoft character. Going back to the previous conversations, I'd absolutely love to see Shantae or Blaze, those two are great characters in their own right, or even just seeing a female first party like Mipha or Urbosa, but something tells me It's gonna be a low-key boring choice that'll appeal to some but be seen as a overall "meh" announcement.

I don't know, all I know is I'm probably not gonna be interested in whoever FP5 is.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
I'm afraid to post my usual greeting today, largely due to the mess I made yesterday. But hear me out: my stance still stands firm. Female FP5 or riot.

Though fearful I’m opening up a can of worms not suited for this thread, why do you insist on reiterating your stance without adding anything new? I think we all know that you want a female fighter, to perhaps an unhealthy degree, but why? Is it because you think a specific female fighter would bring an interesting moveset or are you simply looking for representation for the sake of representation? I want to know why you’re so passionate about your stance and I feel that an elaboration on your viewpoint might help us all understand better while also negating hostility.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master

I am happy with the female characters we got in Ultimate.
More female characters are WELCOME, not NEEDED in my mind.
I already got Ridley (who was my most wanted) and I would die happy if my dream character Master Chief got into Smash.
If you are going to continue bemoaning the lack of female characters in the Fighters' Pass, please take it somewhere else or just stop.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Honestly in regards to gender, a female fighter for FP5 would at least be more interesting than whoever they end up picking...which is probably gonna be Lloyd or a Ubisoft character. Going back to the previous conversations, I'd absolutely love to see Shantae or Blaze, those two are great characters in their own right, or even just seeing a female first party like Mipha or Urbosa, but something tells me It's gonna be a low-key boring choice that'll appeal to some but be seen as a overall "meh" announcement.

I don't know, all I know is I'm probably not gonna be interested in whoever FP5 is.
To each their own, I suppose. The female characters I want stand next to no chance for CP5, so the remaining ones wouldn't be as hype to me. It's funny, because overall the last two DLC were my favorites in the Pass and they're generally seen as "only appealing to certain people".

I know about the stuff on Lloyd, but why are you banking on Ubisoft? Just curious - though I've seen some people here say that Assassin's Creed is very slept on, I have trouble envisioning Ubi getting a character right now.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace

While I actually rather like Mipha and have no particular issues with Urbosa, any of the champions would feel kind of dull as a new fighter to be honest.
For a first-party female though, I'm down. Alexandra Roivas is still my top choice on that front, but Lip, Krystal, Ayumi, Captain Syrup, Ashley Robbins, etc. would all be pretty cool too. Not in the first-class cars of my hype-train, granted, but business-class at least. >_>

For female Zelda reps specifically, I say hit up the Oracle games. There's always Midna, Lana, and Linkle too, but the Oracle games have a special place in my heart and are woefully under-represented in general. Din, Nayru, Farore, or Veran are the obvious choices, but as per usual, I say go more out-there and give us Maple. >_>

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
So a question for everyone is... Assuming we get a reveal for FP #5 during The Game Awards, which character do you think has the best chance of being revealed during the show? For me I think it's a Capcom character, which is either Leon/Jill (especially since the Resident Evil 2 remake got nominated as GOTY) or Dante (the latter is more of a gut feeling, so don't take my word for it).
Steve.
Or, yeah, Resident Evil.

3 Houses is up for Stratagy Game of the year
Hopefully Three Houses wins the Strategy game category. might make up for the fact it didn't atleast get a nom for music...maybe...
I personnally hope for Wargroove, to boost even further the chances for an Advance Wars revival.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I am happy with the female characters we got in Ultimate.
More female characters are WELCOME, not NEEDED in my mind.
I already got Ridley (who was my most wanted) and I would die happy if my dream character Master Chief got into Smash.
If you are going to continue bemoaning the lack of female characters in the Fighters' Pass, please take it somewhere else or just stop.
This is essentially my stance on the whole "female characters for Smash Ultimate DLC" debacle going on here.

Would I think a female character being in Smash Ultimate as DLC would be cool? Yeah, there's plenty of female characters who would be cool to have in Smash. Do I think it's absolutely necessary? No, a character's gender shouldn't be the be-all-end-all when it comes to having any character in Smash (or any other fighting game, really). If Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider games were to get into Smash, it should be because she could have a fun moveset and represents an important part of gaming history, not just because she's a female character.

FP5 is gonna burn our crops, poison our water supplies, and deliver the plague unto our houses.
He will?!

Last edited:

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
To each their own, I suppose. The female characters I want stand next to no chance for CP5, so the remaining ones wouldn't be as hype to me. It's funny, because overall the last two DLC were my favorites in the Pass and they're generally seen as "only appealing to certain people".

I know about the stuff on Lloyd, but why are you banking on Ubisoft? Just curious - though I've seen some people here say that Assassin's Creed is very slept on, I have trouble envisioning Ubi getting a character right now.
I mean power to you but if I'd have bought the fighters pass before Joker was announced and got hyped for who we might get, I'd be pretty miffed right about now. I mean I bought all of them but Terry thus far, but only because I had the money and was bored enough to not care, but none of them have appealed to me at all, and the very least a female fighter adds some layer uniqueness compared to what's likely gonna be another male human character. As for Ubisoft, it's just due to how close they are to Nintendo. If they're picking solely third parties it would be weird to not include a Ubisoft character.
While I actually rather like Mipha and have no particular issues with Urbosa, any of the champions would feel kind of dull as a new fighter to be honest.
For a first-party female though, I'm down. Alexandra Roivas is still my top choice on that front, but Lip, Krystal, Ayumi, Captain Syrup, Ashley Robbins, etc. would all be pretty cool too. Not in the first-class cars of my hype-train, granted, but business-class at least. >_>

For female Zelda reps specifically, I say hit up the Oracle games. There's always Midna, Lana, and Linkle too, but the Oracle games have a special place in my heart and are woefully under-represented in general. Din, Nayru, Farore, or Veran are the obvious choices, but as per usual, I say go more out-there and give us Maple. >_>
I don't want to see HW in Smash (especially Linkle)...it's not really part of "Zelda" and wouldn't feel right being classified under the same series as say BOTW Link or ALBW Zelda. Also I said Urbosa or Mipha because coming up with moves for them seems easier than the Oracles or Maple who for the most part don't due much in their respective games, and as such would need a wholly Smash made moveset, which is something I'm not a fan of. That said I'd be fine with any first party characters male or female my mind just went to Zelda first because it's my favorite series.

WarriorWho85

Smash Rookie
Kinda late to the party, but I skimmed people where talking about a Pokemon Rep.

What is everyone's thoughts on a second pokemkng Trainer with a Gen 3,5,8 mix? Who would you choose in this case?

For me it's Scorebunny, Dewott, and Sceptile.
Before the Mii costume, and when rivalries were big in the marketing, I had the idea of a Team Rocket trainer with 3 Pokemon. Loosely based on Pokemon TR used, I figured Cubone, Houndoom and Gengar would be unique enough, but still mirror Pokemon Trainer. I know my picks are dated but I'm not very familiar with more modern Pokemon. The same logic would apply to a modern team, if anyone has suggestions.

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
Considering my most wanted characters are female too, it would definitely be nice if we'd get some women as DLC too. I'm mostly looking towards post pass for that now, as I'm kinda expecting Lloyd now to be #5 considering a fighter from Bandai Namco is likely imminent. I would prefer KOS-MOS, but I think a Tales rep has a higher chance of happening at this point (but go ahead and prove me wrong on this one).

I've never played Tales but I generally like swordfighters so I I don't think I'll mind either way. And if a Bandai Namco rep isn't coming until post pass then almost anything can happen of course.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I don't understand what the point of wanting a female character just for the sake of having a female character is.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Come to think of it, most of the characters I'm rooting for right now are female too, though I want them in because they'd be fun to play as, not because they're female. Though for me, the pass is worth it just based off of what we got already so I have no worries over who fighter 5 is

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I don't think we'll get a Bandai Namco character as FP5. If anything I think it's gonna be from Capcom, and my money is on Resident Evil.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I wish Pokemon spin offs were still a thing, I saw a Pokemon ranger custom character in Rivals of aether and that looks really fun, I think it would be great to have a Pokemon ranger in smash but good luck with that lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The reveal trailer will be 2 hours long and make no sense.

The audience won't know its about Smash until Nintendo tweets a clarification.
Then Kojima goes "Actually Reedus Fetus is the best character in the game, you just need 60 billion IQ to understand how to use his normals. Typical Americans, dumbasses. Go back to your fortnites and FPS games troglodites" after Leffen places him at midtier or something

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I mean power to you but if I'd have bought the fighters pass before Joker was announced and got hyped for who we might get, I'd be pretty miffed right about now. I mean I bought all of them but Terry thus far, but only because I had the money and was bored enough to not care, but none of them have appealed to me at all, and the very least a female fighter adds some layer uniqueness compared to what's likely gonna be another male human character. As for Ubisoft, it's just due to how close they are to Nintendo. If they're picking solely third parties it would be weird to not include a Ubisoft character.
Well, my point was exactly that - you're going to end up with some people dissatisfied with DLC no matter who #5 is - but does that really matter when we have more incoming?

As for the bolded part... dunno, depends on who it is and who you're talking to, really. For example, of the choices you suggested in the earlier post, Shantae is the only one I'd care enough about, even if she's not on my top list.

Right now, 3 of my top 5 are girls. Doesn't mean any female character will get me hyped. Honestly, I'm more hopeful for them and my other most wanted pickss next season, tbh. I'll just accept whoever comes as CP5.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Ayyy Smash Ultimate is nominated for GOTY and Best Fighting Game! Here’s to hoping it wins both! (Also, Sackboy was in a GX thumbnail, is this a sign?:4pacman:)

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we'll get a Bandai Namco character as FP5. If anything I think it's gonna be from Capcom, and my money is on Resident Evil.
I'm thinking it'll be a Capcom character too. I think the top three choices for the Capcom rep for #5 is the Resident Evil rep, Dante, or Phoenix Wright. Right now, the Capcom frontrunner seems to be the Resident Evil rep due to being Capcom's biggest available and most well known IP atm. However, don't sleep on Phoenix, as while he seems to be an odd choice on paper, Sakurai would most definitely come up with a moveset for him.

D

Deleted member

Though fearful I’m opening up a can of worms not suited for this thread, why do you insist on reiterating your stance without adding anything new? I think we all know that you want a female fighter, to perhaps an unhealthy degree, but why? Is it because you think a specific female fighter would bring an interesting moveset or are you simply looking for representation for the sake of representation? I want to know why you’re so passionate about your stance and I feel that an elaboration on your viewpoint might help us all understand better while also negating hostility.
To put it simply, the Fighters Pass does not feel right without a female character. If Smash 4 gave us Bayonetta, why not now? Why act later when you can act now? Why set your hopes for the future when you can have easy hopes at the present time?

It feels incomplete to me.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I think if Sakurai continues to pick 3rd parties via DLC these are the characters to look out for. For FP5 its possible that no company will repeat so that should eliminate Sega, Square-Enix, Microsoft, and SNK. After FP5 all bets are off.

Bethesda
Doom Slayer (Doom)
Dragonborn (Skyrim)

SNK
Kyo Kusanagi (King of Fighters)
Nakoruru or Haohmaru (Samurai Showdown)
Marco (Metal Slug)

Activision
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
Tracer (Overwatch)
Spyro (Spyro)

Koei Tecmo
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Kasumi (Dead or Alive)

Level 5
Jibanyan (Yo-Kai Watch)
Professor Layton (Professor Layton)

Ubisoft
Ezio Auditore (Assassin's Creed)
Rayman (Rayman)

Capcom
Jill Valentine or Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)

Namco
Heihachi, Jin, or Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
Siegfried/Nightmare (Soul Edge/Calibur)
Solaire or Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

Konami
Frogger (Frogger)

Microsoft
Master Chief (Halo)
Steve (Minecraft)

Square-Enix
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)