• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Public Service Announcement:

On the new decree of the human race, it is officially declared that if you don't like Ike you are objectively wrong.

:ike::4myfriends::ultike:
That’s cool and all, but you don’t probably know which place Ike loves to visit the most.

EC05751B-8800-4855-ACCC-5238219CBD13.jpeg

D

Deleted member

***** you know you were going crazy once they brought nukes to fire emblem

EDIT: ooo what about shambala
I haven't gotten to there yet, but from what I saw from the screen shots, it looks like the most visually un-Fire Emblem stage you could choose for Fire Emblem. And I mean that in a good way. Plus it gives us dubstep in Smash and that's always a plus.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
"Blizzard did the thing with Overwatch 2 and now we're doing the thing too. Smash 6 is just Ultimate + a new single player campaign and both versions will continue to be updated accordingly."
Is it possible to preorder a game from a post?
Yeah, I kind of agree with you. I'm also a Fire Emblem fan (I still have to play Genealogy, Thracia and the second Marth game) and I think that the representation of the franchise in Smash could be a lot better. It's bad? I don't think so, but it's certainly not the best they could achieve.
From the point of view of a Fire Emblem player I don't think that characters like Roy and Corrin are that popular among FE community, not at least in comparison with the other we already have in Smash. This could be my perception, though.

In any case as you said I think that Roy, Lucina or Chrom could be a lot more unique. Sure, they all have their differences and some different moves, but you know what I mean. This is a 'problem' that comes with "everyone is here!" and all that, I guess. Then there's Awakening, a game that obviously deserved at least one playable character. While I liked Chrom and Lucina more than Robin in their original game, I don't know, maybe 3 characters from the same game feels a bit strange, even if it's the one that saved the franchise. Echoes are cool and a nice way to add fan favorites without much problems, tho.

I know it's easy to speak about these things when you're not the actual director or developer behind it, but I don't know. I feel that Fire Emblem representation could be better if they would have added more fan favorites like Hector, Lyn, Micaiah or Ephraim. At the same time these characters would be unique and different compared to the other FE characters we have in Smash because they wouldn't work as echoes of Marth or Ike.
I'll be honest, I'm actually hopeful that FE representation will be much better from now on, if only because Sakurai did the surprising thing and included Chrom. To me, that shows a willingness to double back and include old fan favorites.

Imo the ideal FE representation would be:
Marth (representing the NES games)
Roy (representing Melee :4pacman:)
Lyn (representing the GBA era and FE making it to the West)
Ike (representing his duology)
Someone from Awakening (representing the 3DS era and the salvation of FE)
Byleth (representing Three Houses)

Marth you gotta have, I won't even bother explaining.

Roy is the one with the flimsiest explanation, but given how much the Smash fandom loves him I think he's allowed to stay.

Lyn is one of the most popular characters with both fanbases and she has a claim to being a protagonist for FE7. The unique moveset is a plus.

Ike is also extremely popular, and the dude has two games so he's very representative. Plus he's really the most unique Lord ever.

For Awakening I think the best choice is a decloned Chrom, he's the protagonist and if you cut him people will be calling for him again. However a lot of people like Robin's moveset and he does bring variety and represents the series' mechanics best. You can probably go either way, or maybe have them both (it is Awakening), or maybe do something bold and have them be one character using the Pair Up mechanic for even more representation.

And finally the massive success that is Three Houses. Again, I don't think it's logical to assume anyone but Byleth getting in, anything else is showing favoritism to a route.

It's not perfect, there's no villain and maybe we should have a rep for the SNES games rather than Roy, but I think that showcases variety, while being a much more manageable number of characters - for one, it's not more than ****ing Zelda. I completely understand that having 3 uniques and 4 Echoes is actually less resource intensive than 5 uniques, but the perception improves to the point where people don't bemoan swordies and FE newcomers in general. The key here is having characters people get behind of before adding them, otherwise it's a Pokemon situation and nobody wants that.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Saw Shambala and my mind went straight to Uncharted 2.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Public Service Announcement:

On the new decree of the human race, it is officially declared that if you don't like Ike you are objectively wrong.

:ike::4myfriends::ultike:
Well, it doesn't matter what I think, does it? Let's ask Dedede, Gordo and Hammer what they think of Ike, their opinions have been known to leave a more lasting impression-- oh

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Me and the boys jamming to official Fire Emblem dubstep on the Shambala stage

images.gif

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The only Three Houses rep that deserves to be in Smash.

Absolutely nobody.
People really think you gotta deserve to be in Smash in 2019.

This isn't the good boy and girl mentality, my bait posting friend.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Man I can't wait for the Three Houses DLC where Drake finally gets to Shamballa
only to blow it up, the ****ing idiot.

D

Deleted member

The only Three Houses rep who deserves to be in Smash

insert your favourite Three Houses character here

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yeah so it hasnt really changed much.
It is a small change true, but one that makes a pretty big difference in the competitive scene. (The mechanic as a whole doesn't really apply to casual matches though.)

Overall I just kind of get the sense that Sakurai's trying to do a lot more by adding new mechanics to the Ultimate newcomers but he cant because he has to work within the confines of Smash the way it is.
Pretty much every character from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3Ds/Wii U onward is incredibly creative so I'm not sure how exactly this point makes sense. What large general mechanics would you add without making things overly complicated? Even Rivals of Aether, a completely different game, is pretty much just Smash without shields and ledges at the most basic level.

Roy is the one with the flimsiest explanation, but given how much the Smash fandom loves him I think he's allowed to stay.
He does have his fans but from what I've seen just as many if not more people hate him.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Just one question to ask before I shut down this account for the VGAs next month, there hasn’t been any single credible leak of late, right?

PsychoJosh

Pretty much every character from Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3Ds/Wii U onward is incredibly creative so I'm not sure how exactly this point makes sense. What large general mechanics would you add without making things overly complicated? Even Rivals of Aether, a completely different game, is pretty much just Smash without shields and ledges at the most basic level.
"Creative" is not the issue, I'm talking about how they seem to be restricted by the controls of Smash. For example Terry has a back+B move but as a result his ability to turn is kind of limited and he controls awkwardly in the air. He also has two super specials that require inputs to perform. Hero has the most specials of any character but they're all confined to his down+B and he has no other way to use them.

Rosalina is a fairly standard puppet character, but she's also kind of weak. Two of her attacks can't be performed without luma, one is strictly for recovery and doesn't do any damage, and one is a utility special with limited use.

This is off the cuff, but some of the things I would propose changing are...

-The Neutral B/Up+B/Down+B/Side+B formula. Why do all characters have to be restricted to just this simple formula of pressing a direction + special button to do a move? Seems some characters should be able to do more. I don't propose making this that different, but instead I'd give characters unique inputs for certain moves that only they would be able to do. For example, Kirby has a move in Kirby Super Star where inputting down, then up+attack with the Yoyo ability causes him to do a tricky top spin that sends him up and down in the air. I'd give Kirby this move, and others similar moves where appropriate, so they're not always limited to having only four special moves.
-Analog movement/"Tiptoeing". Why is it there? It doesn't seem to serve any purpose. During a normal match it's rare to see players making really tiny microadjustments with just pushing their stick a little to the left. Pressing the stick all the way left or right seems to immediately send you into a run anyways without even considering the analog movement and completely disregarding the double tap to run feature. I would just make it so that the movement is entirely digital, and also velocity/momentum based, so that characters can both accelerate and slow down with weight and velocity like in Mario or Sonic. Your speed would carry over into jumps and you'd be able to access new moves, like running jump aerials. It would play closer to a real platformer in this sense while still being obviously Smash.
-Enhanced specials. This borrows a bit from SF, but essentially what this does is make Cloud's limit break a universal mechanic. All characters would have a little meter under their portraits with two segments to it - whenever they have a full segment, they can perform an enhanced special move by pressing A+B+Direction (this would also get rid of the "easy smash attack" input that uses that same input, sorry). These specials would draw on all the benefits of the custom moves from Smash 4, for example DK's enhanced down+B would be his "hot slap" custom move where he causes these little flame pillars to come out. His enhanced side+B wouldn't be a headbutt at all, but instead he pulls out a barrel and plonks it down in front of him, and anyone within the sweetspot would be captured within the barrel which he can then attack with a fully charged punch or however he sees fit, unless they break free. If he doesn't capture the enemy he still leaves a barrel in front of him for him to use as a thrown item or a shield against projectiles.
-Underwater combat. The swimming mechanic seems to serve no purpose and only a few stages use it. I'd make it so that underwater stages could be possible and provide an interesting new flavor of combat where you can swim through the water, but still get spiked and be sent flying as normal. Swimming would operate how it does in Mario Bros, where pressing the jump button causes your character to paddle and ascend, but doing nothing causes them to descend. There could be stages that only temporarily go underwater and stages that are permanently underwater.

Those are just a few things off the top of my head that could shake up the formula in interesting ways without changing it TOO drastically. I've proposed changes like these a couple of times to different sectors of the Smash community, and they mostly agree it would be welcome, with arguments against these changes seeming to only be about how "it would go against tradition". That's kind of the point, honestly. I think it would change up the game and make it more action-based without making it too difficult.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
"Creative" is not the issue, I'm talking about how they seem to be restricted by the controls of Smash. For example Terry has a back+B move but as a result his ability to turn is kind of limited and he controls awkwardly in the air. He also has two super specials that require inputs to perform. Hero has the most specials of any character but they're all confined to his down+B and he has no other way to use them.

Rosalina is a fairly standard puppet character, but she's also kind of weak. Two of her attacks can't be performed without luma, one is strictly for recovery and doesn't do any damage, and one is a utility special with limited use.

-The Neutral B/Up+B/Down+B/Side+B formula. Why do all characters have to be restricted to just this simple formula of pressing a direction + special button to do a move? Seems some characters should be able to do more. I don't propose making this that different, but instead I'd give characters unique inputs for certain moves that only they would be able to do. For example, Kirby has a move in Kirby Super Star where inputting down, then up+attack with the Yoyo ability causes him to do a tricky top spin that sends him up and down in the air. I'd give Kirby this move, and others similar moves where appropriate, so they're not always limited to having only four special moves.
-Analog movement/"Tiptoeing". Why is it there? It doesn't seem to serve any purpose. During a normal match it's rare to see players making really tiny microadjustments with just pushing their stick a little to the left. Pressing the stick all the way left or right seems to immediately send you into a run anyways without even considering the analog movement and completely disregarding the double tap to run feature. I would just make it so that the movement is entirely digital, and also velocity/momentum based, so that characters can both accelerate and slow down with weight and velocity like in Mario or Sonic. Your speed would carry over into jumps and you'd be able to access new moves, like running jump aerials. It would play closer to a real platformer in this sense while still being obviously Smash.
-Enhanced specials. This borrows a bit from SF, but essentially what this does is make Cloud's limit break a universal mechanic. All characters would have a little meter under their portraits with two segments to it - whenever they have a full segment, they can perform an enhanced special move by pressing A+B+Direction (this would also get rid of the "easy smash attack" input that uses that same input, sorry). These specials would draw on all the benefits of the custom moves from Smash 4, for example DK's enhanced down+B would be his "hot slap" custom move where he causes these little flame pillars to come out. His enhanced side+B wouldn't be a headbutt at all, but instead he pulls out a barrel and plonks it down in front of him, and anyone within the sweetspot would be captured within the barrel which he can then attack with a fully charged punch or however he sees fit, unless they break free. If he doesn't capture the enemy he still leaves a barrel in front of him for him to use as a thrown item or a shield against projectiles.
-Underwater combat. The swimming mechanic seems to serve no purpose and only a few stages use it. I'd make it so that underwater stages could be possible and provide an interesting new flavor of combat where you can swim through the water, but still get spiked and be sent flying as normal. Swimming would operate how it does in Mario Bros, where pressing the jump button causes your character to paddle and ascend, but doing nothing causes them to descend. There could be stages that only temporarily go underwater and stages that are permanently underwater.

Those are just a few things off the top of my head that could shake up the formula in interesting ways without changing it TOO drastically. I've proposed changes like these a couple of times to different sectors of the Smash community, and they mostly agree it would be welcome, with arguments against these changes seeming to only be about how "it would go against tradition". That's kind of the point, honestly. I think it would change up the game and make it more action-based without making it too difficult.
I'm not sure you understand the point of Smash being accessible. More serious inputs would make it less accessible and drive more of the player base away, which Nintendo definitely doesn't want. And a bunch of Smash players probably wouldn't like some of these changes either for that matter. An underwater stage might be cool, but that can be implemented in without having to do too many changes to the game and just as a super special little stage.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
"Creative" is not the issue, I'm talking about how they seem to be restricted by the controls of Smash. Hero has the most specials of any character but they're all confined to his down+B and he has no other way to use them.

Hero's Command Selection is kinda weird, though if he had access to all of those special attacks at the same time he'd be super broken. A smaller special count that used more buttons might be interesting though.

Rosalina being weak on her own is by design. The two are supposed to protect each other in order to achieve victory just as the Ice Climbers are powerful together but vulnerable alone.

The first change would make the game harder to play, which kinda goes against it's more casual nature. It's not a bad idea for specific characters but I don't think it suits Smash as a general mechanic. (Also, your issues with Terry would become a bit more prevalent. Unless you were talking about his always facing the opponent thing which doesn't help your argument because that's an intentional change of the controls.)

Momentum based movement is a bad idea in fighting games. Just ask Super Smash Flash. It would also go against most character's source material since the platforming characters typically have tight controls. Even Mario can stop on a dime nowadays.

Could be interesting depending on the implementation. My only issue is that it might force a lot of characters to get attacks that don't really make sense for them to have in a base moveset (like Hot Slap).

This would make an interesting stage gimmick, but I wouldn't exactly call it an innovation. Everyone just gets infinite jumps, and perhaps a bit floatier.

FEH would be a goldmine for Fire Emblem character reworkings. Solid line up right here.
That Lyn design wouldn't get past CERO though. :4pacman:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
There's no law of the universe prevent alternate costumes from having different animations.
Yes there is. Sakurai said that if the alts move even slightly different, even in idle, it can effect the course of battle. Therefor if they do move even slightly different they should be considered a separate fighter. All alts must move exactly the same. The exception would be on the victory screen where it doesn't matter.

PsychoJosh

I'm not sure you understand the point of Smash being accessible. More serious inputs would make it less accessible and drive more of the player base away, which Nintendo definitely doesn't want. And a bunch of Smash players probably wouldn't like some of these changes either for that matter. An underwater stage might be cool, but that can be implemented in without having to do too many changes to the game and just as a super special little stage.
Keep in mind the input example I chose is from a Kirby game and it's not necessary to succeed, it's just a little gimmicky move that isn't even very complicated to perform. Most of the input changes I proposed aren't complicated anyways. As for Smash players not liking some of the changes, that's just another form of the "it goes against tradition" argument.

Hero's Command Selection is kinda weird, though if he had access to all of those special attacks at the same time he'd be super broken. A smaller special count that used more buttons might be interesting though.

Rosalina being weak on her own is by design. The two are supposed to protect each other in order to achieve victory just as the Ice Climbers are powerful together but vulnerable alone.

The first change would make the game harder to play, which kinda goes against it's more casual nature. It's not a bad idea for specific characters but I don't think it suits Smash as a general mechanic. (Also, your issues with Terry would become a bit more prevalent. Unless you were talking about his always facing the opponent thing which doesn't help your argument because that's an intentional change of the controls.)

Momentum based movement is a bad idea in fighting games. Just ask Super Smash Flash. It would also go against most character's source material since the platforming characters typically have tight controls. Even Mario can stop on a dime nowadays.

Could be interesting depending on the implementation. My only issue is that it might force a lot of characters to get attacks that don't really make sense for them to have in a base moveset (like Hot Slap).

This would make an interesting stage gimmick, but I wouldn't exactly call it an innovation. Everyone just gets infinite jumps, and perhaps a bit floatier.

That Lyn design wouldn't get past CERO though. :4pacman:
No, giving Kirby Gazer Spiral wouldn't give him the same issues Terry has. It's not a QCF/QCB input, I'm not talking about doing that, but more simple things that give the characters more to work with than just the standard moveset. Gazer Spiral is one example, but I also had an example of another character who could input a dash in the air to be able to run in the air as if she were on the ground and then while in the air she could perform grounded Smash attacks. This is the kind of stuff I mean, just moves that are specific to characters that don't rely on the typical inputs.

Smash Flash didn't work because it had numerous other design flaws, not the least of which being that the characters and hitboxes were too tiny and the maps were too huge,, Of course it would never work in that game. I think more experienced game designers would make it work, and besides, this isn't really meant to be a list of absolute changes, just stuff I would at least experiment with. If it doesn't work it doesn't work but I only think what held the idea back in SSBF is the execution, not the idea.

With DK, it doesn't have to be hot slap, I'm just leading by example of what enhanced moves could do for characters, it could make up for their shortcomings in certain situations, Like Little Mac could have an enhanced up+B that gives him a bit more recovery power at the cost of meter, which is a valuable resource that you'd have to spend strategically.

And yes, underwater combat is a gimmick, but it's another way of mixing things up a little.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

That goes against the entire point of Smash. Giving every character the same inputs is what makes it so accessible, that control scheme is as integral to Smash as the damage percentage or KOs being achieved by ringouts.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Can this argument just end? Seriously it’s pointless we probably aren’t getting a smash 6 anyway, I’ll give you guys a trademarked Game Show With Plank as a distraction:
Who do you guys think are our most likely candidates for future dlc, you can do FP5, and the other 10 placeholders, all original fighters no echoes, but they have to be realistic.
I chose:

FP5:Solaire of Astoria
2nd Fighters pass:Geno, Doomslayer, Shantae, Ryu Hayabusa, Crash Bandicoot
3rd Fighters Pass(Nintendo): Paper Mario, Bandanna Dee, Isaac, Skull Kid, Master Chief(it seems enough like a Sakurai move to have Master ####ing Chief as a surprise character, and I feel like they would go big for our last game)
Most of these characters have evidence supporting them, Nintendo characters are probably gonna be requested characters, and Shantae was just because she’s really requested and I feel she would genuinely shock people.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
No, that's unrelated. Giving Kirby Gazer Spiral wouldn't give him the same issues Terry has. It's not a QCF/QCB input, I'm not talking about doing that, but more simple things that give the characters more to work with than just the standard moveset. Gazer Spiral is one example, but I also had an example of another character who could input a dash in the air to be able to run in the air as if she were on the ground. This is the kind of stuff I mean, just moves that are specific to characters that don't rely on the typical inputs.

Smash Flash didn't work because it had numerous other design flaws, not the least of which being that the characters and hitboxes were too tiny and the maps were too huge,, Of course it would never work in that game. I think more experienced game designers would make it work, and besides, this isn't really meant to be a list of absolute changes, just stuff I would at least experiment with. If it doesn't work it doesn't work but I only think what held the idea back in SSBF is the execution, not the idea.

With DK, it doesn't have to be hot slap, I'm just leading by example of what enhanced moves could do for characters, it could make up for their shortcomings in certain situations, Like Little Mac could have an enhanced up+B that gives him a bit more recovery power at the cost of meter, which is a valuable resource that you'd have to spend strategically.

And yes, underwater combat is a gimmick, but it's another way of mixing things up a little.
QCF and QCB are some of the most simple inputs though. They could do stuff like diagonally downward specials but that would be a bit more prone to misinputs in practice then you might realize.

Ignoring SSF's implementation of it, having slippery controls would change how a fighting game works so fundamentally that the game would have to be built around it. That actually sounds interesting but the result probably wouldn't look like Smash.

I feel like your main argument only makes sense in your head. You don't like how the Super Smash Bros. series hasn't innovated in your eyes and feel like the game's controls hold back the potential of the newer characters like how Hero's Command Selection is a byproduct of all characters (Except Terry and technically Bayonetta) only having four special moves. But then you say that Terry, who breaks the usual control scheme seems clunky which is a bit subjective and more because of the nature of the platform fighter rather than the controls. And when you suggest ideas to fix the control issue most of your ideas don't actually address it, and probably wouldn't lift your view of the series' stagnation.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

That goes against the entire point of Smash. Giving every character the same inputs is what makes it so accessible, that control scheme is as integral to Smash as the damage percentage or KOs being achieved by ringouts.
Again, you didn't read what I said. I didn't say I'd change it, I said I'd add to it in specific areas.

Can this argument just end? Seriously it’s pointless we probably aren’t getting a smash 6 anyway,
I don't understand the people who say this. Smash is one of the biggest franchises ever, what makes you think we're not getting a Smash 6? Is the world going to end right after Smash Ultimate is finished? Because that's the only way Smash 6 isn't going to happen.

Shroob

Sup?
Again, you didn't read what I said. I didn't say I'd change it, I said I'd add to it in specific areas.

I don't understand the people who say this. Smash is one of the biggest franchises ever, what makes you think we're not getting a Smash 6? Is the world going to end right after Smash Ultimate is finished? Because that's the only way Smash 6 isn't going to happen.
It's gonna be a long ass time til Smash 6 regardless.

If and if we're getting 11 more characters like World of Light's 11 empty slots says we are, that's at least another 2 years of DLC, and I can't see them dropping the Switch yet when there's still rumors of the Switch Pro in development.

PsychoJosh

QCF and QCB are some of the most simple inputs though. They could do stuff like diagonally downward specials but that would be a bit more prone to misinputs in practice then you might realize.

Ignoring SSF's implementation of it, having slippery controls would change how a fighting game works so fundamentally that the game would have to be built around it. That actually sounds interesting but the result probably wouldn't look like Smash.

I feel like your main argument only makes sense in your head. You don't like how the Super Smash Bros. series hasn't innovated in your eyes and feel like the game's controls hold back the potential of the newer characters like how Hero's Command Selection is a byproduct of all characters (Except Terry and technically Bayonetta) only having four special moves. But then you say that Terry, who breaks the usual control scheme seems clunky which is a bit subjective and more because of the nature of the platform fighter rather than the controls. And when you suggest ideas to fix the control issue most of your ideas don't actually address it, and probably wouldn't lift your view of the series' stagnation.
Yes, it would be built around that, that's the point. It would be a smash game built from the ground up. Honestly all I can really see from your counterpoints is a negative bias against the idea, possibly stemming from the same nonsensical traditionalist point of view. You keep saying things like "it wouldnt work", "it wouldn't be smash", based on absolutely nothing. It's time to just admit you have a bias against any alterations to the game. Because either you don't understand how this idea would work or you just dismiss it offhand for being too different to what you're used to. How do you know it wouldnt work? Why can't they add character specific inputs, or an extra attack button, or new techniques like EX specials? What's stopping a momentum based movement platform fighter from being Smash in the hands of capable devs? Your answer to all of these is basically the same: "it wouldn't be the Smash I know". Which as I said for the umtpteenth time is the point. It's trying new things that, if they worked, would vastly increase the scope and depth of Smash and possibly make it more fun.

We would never find out unless we tried. But we're never going to try because of this view that Smash needs to stay the same forever. "If it ain't broke dont fix it". That's a backwards and unimaginative view. I feel, if it ain't broke, break it. Take it apart and rebuild it, only better.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It still amazes me that people can say that "Leaks have never happened"

*Cough cough*

When this game's had 3 either directly from Nintendo or someone playtesting the game.

Castlevania music

SNK leak

and I dunno but

Ken image leak?

Like, sure, hate on Verg if you want, but to say leaks have never happened is ****ing ignorant when 2 of those 3 came directly from Nintendo, and the other has undeniable photo evidence since it's the same model we got in Ultimate.

Plank08

Smash Lord

Sakurai wouldn’t do all this grand stuff if this wasn’t a finale of sorts, and he’s probably gonna stop making smash games and the chances of a new one aren’t likely for years, just stick to ultimate please

D

Deleted member

I'm going to make a write up in regards to the content that we have, I feel that a few theories like the power of 6 are quite faulty and I think writing could very well give insights as to what to expect in the future.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It still amazes me that people can say that "Leaks have never happened"

*Cough cough*

When this game's had 3 either directly from Nintendo or someone playtesting the game.

Castlevania music

SNK leak

and I dunno but

Ken image leak?

Like, sure, hate on Verg if you want, but to say leaks have never happened is ****ing ignorant when 2 of those 3 came directly from Nintendo, and the other has undeniable photo evidence since it's the same model we got in Ultimate.
If you say that too many people are too quick to hop on a leak train, I'd say that has a lot of merit. If you say that leakers carry too much clout and co-opt an unnecessary amount of attention and devotion, I'd say that has merit too. If you say leaks should always be questioned, I can get behind that.

But if you say there's never been a real leak, you just lose all your credibility and come off sounding like someone who won't accept reality.

Shroob

Sup?
If you say that too many people are too quick to hop on a leak train, I'd say that has a lot of merit. If you say that leakers carry too much clout and co-opt an unnecessary amount of attention and devotion, I'd say that has merit too. If you say leaks should always be questioned, I can get behind that.

But if you say there's never been a real leak, you just lose all your credibility and come off sounding like someone who won't accept reality.
Like, don't get me wrong, if people don't wanna put stock in what Vergeben says, that's completely up to them.

But it's ignorant to say "It's never happened" when these 3 leaks exist.

Hell, I'd honestly throw Piranha Plant leaker up there as well, since he not only nailed how Piranha Plant would function, but "Incineroar summons like, a fighting ring rope. That's not even a Pokemon move is it?"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Like, don't get me wrong, if people don't wanna put stock in what Vergeben says, that's completely up to them.

But it's ignorant to say "It's never happened" when these 3 leaks exist.

Hell, I'd honestly throw Piranha Plant leaker up there as well, since he not only nailed how Piranha Plant would function, but "Incineroar summons like, a fighting ring rope. That's not even a Pokemon move is it?"
Forget the Grinch leaker, the ESRB leaker managed to create gameplay that was basically identical to the finished product. That's real talent.

Shame it was fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom