• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
To anyone saying Ike should be cut, either because you want another Fire Emblem character in his place or just think Fire Emblem has too many characters, your clown makeup is stage left.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I wholeheartedly agree with this. I don't intend for this to sound like I'm saying the final roster will be 90 strong.
Yeah, I agree. I don't think we'll get 90 characters exactly by the end. I only say the WoL placeholders give an indicator the limit itself might've been planned at least is because of those placeholders, and how World of light's CSS is a carbon copy of the Smash mode's CSS after you collected all the fighters. Meaning that it may be a bit universally telling in that way.

So yeah, we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To anyone saying Ike should be cut, either because you want another Fire Emblem character or just think Fire Emblem has too many characters, your clown makeup is stage left.
Ike main bias has no need here, my child. :240: Ike isn't unnecessary, but he isn't necessary either. He's just the middle child.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Looking at the content we got for both games, it seems likely that Sakirai planned ahead and made the deal to have Cloud, the stage, and the tracks for two (3 if you count 3DS and Wii U separate) games. Because we got 0 new content from 4 to Ultimate.
It's also worth noting that the three companies that did not have new characters in base Ultimate were all significantly less focused on as a whole for Ultimate. Sega got out the best with 3 Assist Trophies in Knuckles, Rodin, and Akira alongside 3 new Sonic tracks and a handful of Spirits, Square Enix gained a single Spirit, and Bandai-Namco got a couple of new remixes and lost a stage and several trophies.

Compared that to Konami and Capcom, who got all of the damn love in base game Ultimate. Seriously, they were the two third parties that got bosses, got large segments in World of Light, got Assist Trophies, an absolutely massive amount of music between their different franchises (34 Castlevania songs, and Street Fighter went from 6 songs to 30+). It's clear where the priorities for base game third party additions were.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
My dream team of FE at it's bare minimum would be Marth, Lyn/Hector, and Robin.

Marth started it all, no brainer. Lyn/Hector mostly because FE7 was the international bridging gap between a Japan-exclusive and internationality as a series. Lyn/Hector are equally interchangeable and could be either/or for whomever you wish to pick, since they're both unique in their own ways and have their own moveset appeal. Robin is the most accurate to FE's game mechanics, a mage user, a representative of the new Fire Emblem gimmick of the avatar protagonist, and from the game that revived FE as a series when it was at its lowest. Robin and FE13 are both very important, and I might argue that Lucina and Chrom are also viable if they give a damn to update their movesets to be less of a clone. FE15 is really up to Sakurai, since it's routine to shill the newest installment of the series like Pokemon at this point.

Personally, as a Golden Deer, I see a lot of potential in the likes of Claude but I know damn well that will never happen.
Being 100% with you, as someone who has casually played the franchise, I really think your lineup looks great. Give us Marth (and an easy Lucina), Lyn, Robin, and a 3H rep and I honestly think that would shut up 99% of the critics.

It's still baffling to me how Ike and Corrin both got in before my girl Lyn. She was such an ambassador.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
It's also worth noting that the three companies that did not have new characters in base Ultimate were all significantly less focused on as a whole for Ultimate. Sega got out the best with 3 Assist Trophies in Knuckles, Rodin, and Akira alongside 3 new Sonic tracks and a handful of Spirits, Square Enix gained a single Spirit, and Bandai-Namco got a couple of new remixes and lost a stage and several trophies.

Compared that to Konami and Capcom, who got all of the damn love in base game Ultimate. Seriously, they were the two third parties that got bosses, got large segments in World of Light, got Assist Trophies, an absolutely massive amount of music between their different franchises (34 Castlevania songs, and Street Fighter went from 6 songs to 30+). It's clear where the priorities for base game third party additions were.
I’m still incredibly disappointed and confused as to why we didn’t get Pac-Maze back. It’s literally a black background with minimal details all around, and if you’re gonna say it’s because the gimmick wouldn’t have worked, they could’ve just changed it into how it works for the NSMB2 stage.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I’m still incredibly disappointed and confused as to why we didn’t get Pac-Maze back. It’s literally a black background with minimal details all around, and if you’re gonna say it’s because the gimmick wouldn’t have worked, they could’ve just changed it into how it works for the NSMB2 stage.
Agreed. I don't understand why they couldn't just drop the mechanic and let us have the stage. It would be so much better than... whatever the hell Pac-Land is actually supposed to be

D

Deleted member

PAC-LAND is kinda meh for me tbh. Honestly didn't know why they cut it, since it's basically teh prime representation of Pac-Man himself.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
That is probably my single biggest disappointment in regards to Ultimate's otherwise phenomenal stage selection. I like PAC-MAZE's aesthetic.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Where's Poke Floats tho

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In terms of FE15, I'd go for Edelgard as I think she'd have the most intresting moveset though as a character I prefer Claude.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I doubt it. Echo Fighters existing make corners a lot more appealing to cut now than ever before. Why put effort when you can just make them a clone?

I mean, being playable is better than anything, but is it truly the fate Dark Samus deserves?
All alts have the exact same animations from one another. Echo fighters are essentially alt costumes that were required to be separate due to animations being different. For example: Dark Samus floats around, Samus doesn't. Dark Samus can't be an alt costume. That being said. But there's no reason why some other echoes couldn't be alts. Marth has such basic and generic lord-like animations that he really could have a bunch of alts of other Fire Emblem heroes.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I don't really have a problem with an FE character, especially if they can make it interesting like they did with Robin and Corrin, both of which are super fun fighters to play.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Because we don't have a lance or bow user either. :4pacman:
:ultpit:Am I a joke to you?:ultdarkpit:

Side note: Claude would be the one who works best in his pre-and post timeskip looks, given how Edelgard goes full plate armor and Punished Dimitri has a different stance.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I see it being Byleth mostly. Personally, I'd find it hard to make a character from a specific route an exclusive character without making it seem like it's the official Nintendo canon route and all of the other playthroughs are meaningless. That's just me, though.

Byleth with a gambit final smash including Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Jeralt, and Flayn is probably the move though.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Public Service Announcement:

On the new decree of the human race, it is officially declared that if you don't like Ike you are objectively wrong.

:ike::4myfriends::ultike:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Public Service Announcement:

On the new decree of the human race, it is officially declared that if you don't like Ike you are objectively wrong.

:ike::4myfriends::ultike:
Without Ike, I can't have a Guts mod in Smash to work properly.

1573781585895.png

Therefore, he must stay.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I see it being Byleth mostly. Personally, I'd find it hard to make a character from a specific route an exclusive character without making it seem like it's the official Nintendo canon route and all of the other playthroughs are meaningless. That's just me, though.

Byleth with a gambit final smash including Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Jeralt, and Flayn is probably the move though.
If we do go with Byleth, what I'd like to see is a house choice mechanic.
Namely, you pick whether Edelgard, Dimiti or Claude back you up when selecting them like PKMN trainer but you're stuck with your choice for the match.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If we do go with Byleth, what I'd like to see is a house choice mechanic.
Namely, you pick whether Edeldarde, Dimiti or Claude back you up when selecting them like PKMN trainer but you're stuck with your choice for the match.
So basically just making the Adjutant mechanic a fighting skill?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So basically just making the Adjutant mechanic a fighting skill?
Something like that.
I see it working akin to Mortal Kombat 10's character variants where Bylteth has most moves in common but a few change. Mostly specials.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What would the stage be if FE15 had a rep?

Garreg Mach?
Enbarr?
Gronder Field?

Fire Emblem is just lacking in specific maps from specific games.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I don't know how the FE discussion got started, but Ike is the most popular FE character according to Choose Your Legends 1, so he should have the highest priority among Fire Emblem characters (unless you think being chronologically first is more important, which I don't).
All alts have the exact same animations from one another. Echo fighters are essentially alt costumes that were required to be separate due to animations being different. For example: Dark Samus floats around, Samus doesn't. Dark Samus can't be an alt costume. That being said. But there's no reason why some other echoes couldn't be alts. Marth has such basic and generic lord-like animations that he really could have a bunch of alts of other Fire Emblem heroes.
There's no law of the universe prevent alternate costumes from having different animations.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

Garreg Mach?
Enbarr?
Gronder Field?

I think the ruined cathedral at post-timeskip Garreg Mach would make for a great stage.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Garreg Mach?
Enbarr?
Gronder Field?

I think Garreg Mach would be the best especially if it were like Delfino Plaza where you go to different locations. Gronder Field would be a close runnerup and its inclusion would pretty much guarantee one of my favorite songs from TH.

Now that's just a ****ing lie. I don't even need to quote all the times you called others opinions trash or objectively wrong.
The only lie is what you just posted.
You've literally gone onto people's character threads in the past just to trash on their characters, but whatever you say bud :rolleyes:.

https://smashboards.com/threads/bos...hear-me-out-first.454815/page-3#post-22953144

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think the ruined cathedral at post-timeskip Garreg Mach would make for a great stage.
It'd be hard to imagine how it looked. I would imagine something more along the lines of one of those travelling stages like Skyloft that take you around certain areas, and maybe that big battlefield from the last map of pre-timeskip.

D

Deleted member

Imagine Garreg Mach playing like the Reset Bomb Forest where it starts out normal and happy, and then it skips five years to the future after the war started. That'd be great even if it isn't original or exciting.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
For me the 3 houses reps go for want

Edelgard > Claude > Byleth > Dimitri

If we can't get a playable 3 houses character(which there should be for a number of reasons), I at least need the music, especially Fodlan Winds

Also, Corrin should have never made it into the game even though I really like playing as him. I really didn't like Fates in general

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Imagine Garreg Mach playing like the Reset Bomb Forest where it starts out normal and happy, and then it skips five years to the future after the war started. That'd be great even if it isn't original or exciting.
Or just nuke the place like they do Fort Merceus and Sothis uses Divine Pulse to turn back time.

D

Deleted member

Or just nuke the place like they do Fort Merceus and Sothis uses Divine Pulse to turn back time.
Yeah! I mean, nuking it seems unnecessary because it's not what happens to Garreg Mach. They could probably just

have Edelgard storm Garreg Mach, and then play out a battle in the background. This would correlate with all of the stage cameos the DLC stages like to put in by having Three Houses units fighting random mooks. Then after enough of that, Sothis can reset the clock. I like that idea.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Agreed. I don't understand why they couldn't just drop the mechanic and let us have the stage. It would be so much better than... whatever the hell Pac-Land is actually supposed to be
Pac-Land is Hell for all the bad boys and girls if you disconnect from too many matches that's the only stage you can play forever

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean, nuking it seems unnecessary because it's not what happens to Garreg Mach.
***** you know you were going crazy once they brought nukes to fire emblem

EDIT: ooo what about shambala

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I will say though, if Byleth is in and uses Sothis' power in their moveset, I think that soft disconfirms Tracer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom