• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Chief, I don't mean to stir anythin' up, but I am pretty sure saying that liking a certain thing means you have garbage taste equates to saying that thing is objectively bad.
It absolutely doesn't, but points for trying.

Even if you're exposing interesting opinions about your point of view about Ultimate with unfortunate comments like this one you're doing nothing but hurting your own argument. People won't take you seriously.
:shrug: Don't care. You can lead a horse to water and all that.

All that's missing are claims of "Sakurai bias" and this thread will have officially become GameFAQs.
What, you mean with those posts where you sarcastically parroted common talking points that had absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying? Yeah, granted, I guess they do that at gameFAQs.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Did I say it was objectively bad? I said "I don't care about your garbage taste and you're free to like those awful games", but those were entirely subjective opinions. Objective would be me saying it was buggy, janky, badly coded and poorly written, which I never did say. Me calling the game 'awful' isn't a valid objective complaint.
I mean, even if you did not word it that way, you chose the most hostile and demeaning way possible to respond. Maybe don't tell people their taste is garbage? There's really no way to take that other than as a personal insult. Just food for thought. :)

PsychoJosh

I mean, even if you did not word it that way, you chose the most hostile and demeaning way possible to respond. Maybe don't tell people their taste is garbage? There's really no way to take that other than as a personal insult. Just food for thought. :)
I knew precisely what I was saying and I stand by it. That's just how I am. Ain't I a stinker.

This week's been a great week for armchair game devs huh
Well I don't mean to gloat but I mean, unlike you, I'm an actual gamedev soooo....

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Again, I disagree.

Look at it this way, if they were different enough, people would still be playing Brawl and 4. They wouldn't have almost completely abandoned those games. New entries in the Smash series constantly obsolete the old ones. This is because they don't have itinerant designs where each game in the series is wholly unique, but rather just builds on the previous one. No one has any reason to go back to 4 now that Ultimate exists. Compare this to SF where people are constantly playing all the previous games in the series. This is because new entries in the SF series don't "obsolete" the old ones, they do their own thing each time.

Yes, people still play Melee and 64, but that's because those games have just enough to differentiate themselves. The others don't.
Sure Ultimate is just a better version of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but Brawl has a ton of stuff to differentiate itself from the other games in terms of core gameplay. The reason why nobody plays it anymore is because all of the differences make the game much less fun to most people. The game's slow, you can trip randomly, some of the only advanced tech exclusive to Brawl is an "I win" button, and the ledges are so dumb. Seriously, try to recover with Wolf in Ultimate, then in Brawl. You will miss the ledge.

On another note, building upon a design isn't inherently bad. If it was then Super Mario Galaxy 2, Okamiden, and literally the entire Super Mario Bros. series (And Super Mario World and Super Mario Land) would be awful games.

People go back and play older games in a series because it's more of the game they like, and also there are mechanics that they liked that weren't brought back in any meaningful way, or just because the game feels good and none of the new games have captured that feel. Sometimes this is a good thing (Street Fighter III: Third Strike) and sometimes it's Pokémon.

MooMew64

What's funny to me is my most wanted character is at best gonna be a semiclone if they make it in, lol.

Everyone would probably rage, yeah, but as long as a character looks cool and fun, that's all I care about.

PsychoJosh

Sure Ultimate is just a better version of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but Brawl has a ton of stuff to differentiate itself from the other games in terms of core gameplay. The reason why nobody plays it anymore is because all of the differences make the game much less fun to most people. The game's slow, you can trip randomly, some of the only advanced tech exclusive to Brawl is an "I win" button, and the ledges are so dumb. Seriously, try to recover with Wolf in Ultimate, then in Brawl. You will miss the ledge.

On another note, building upon a design isn't inherently bad. If it was then Super Mario Galaxy 2, Okamiden, and literally the entire Super Mario Bros. series (And Super Mario World and Super Mario Land) would be awful games.

People go back and play older games in a series because it's more of the game they like, and also there are mechanics that they liked that weren't brought back in any meaningful way, or just because the game feels good and none of the new games have captured that feel. Sometimes this is a good thing (Street Fighter III: Third Strike) and sometimes it's Pokémon.
Granted, but like, there some areas in the older games where they are just OBJECTIVELY obsolete, precisely like that ledge thing you mentioned. People can revisit them for nostalgia but will they ever take it as seriously as a modern entry in the series? Probably not, and this is because there's no reason to go back to them outside of nostalgia. Compared to SF3 and the other SF games, people are still playing those games en masse, there's a huge competitive community for them and tournaments with huge turnouts, even as new games in the series have come out. This is because 3rd Strike wasn't made objectively obsolete by the existence of 4 and 5, it stood the test of time and carved out a niche for itself, which is more than I can say for Brawl. In fact the other day I played Brawl with family and they were talking about how awful and floaty it felt and how they do not miss that game. Anecdotal, sure, but I think it kind of represents why people aren't going back to Brawl now that Ultimate's out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well I don't mean to gloat but I mean, unlike you, I'm an actual gamedev soooo....
And I don't mean to come off as insulting, but none of your games will ever become more successful than the series you think needs to "objectively" reboot. Reevaluate your position a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
If I stumbled on in to give my opinions and I was almost unanimously disagreed with, I'd probably consider if perhaps I need to rethink my stance.

Troykv

Smash Master
What's funny to me is my most wanted character is at best gonna be a semiclone if they make it in, lol.

Everyone would probably rage, yeah, but as long as a character looks cool and fun, that's all I care about.
My most wanted is a Fire Emblem character

So I guess everyone would equally rage, I don't care that much.

PsychoJosh

And I don't mean to come off as insulting, but none of your games will ever become more successful than the series you think needs to "objectively" reboot.
That's... fine? I'm not competing with Smash. Hell, even if I had a AAA multimillion dollar budget, I still wouldn't be competing with Smash. That's not really the goal. If you think people get into gamedev to become millionaires, you are sadly mistaken.

And whether my game succeeds or not is irrelevant, it definitely doesn't mean I can't critique other games.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If I stumbled on in to give my opinions and I was almost unanimously disagreed with, I'd probably consider if perhaps I need to rethink my stance.
I'd less so say it's about the opinion being unpopular as it is the ****ty attitude.
There's an actual discussion to be had on the matter, but not with someone so arrogant, so ignorant and just downright obnoxious.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All this talk of reboots.

We all know the Ice Climbers are long past due for a new game. I'd personally make it a cutsey metroidvania with an emphasis on controlling two characters, kinda like Luigi and Gooigi in Luigi's Mansion 3. I have a feeling Nintendo would do something more arcadey.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
All this talk of reboots.

We all know the Ice Climbers are long past due for a new game. I'd personally make it a cutsey metroidvania with an emphasis on controlling two characters, kinda like Luigi and Gooigi in Luigi's Mansion 3. I have a feeling Nintendo would do something more arcadey.
I just want Quinty to come back.
Game Freak wants to do non-Pokemon stuff? Cool. Give me Quinty. :-(

Would make for a fun Smash character too. Focus on shuffling with a bit of summoning thrown in.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Honestly, being ever-so-slightly more realistic, a Swordfighter costume depicting Madotsuki would be really, really great, and definitely more than enough.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
No, I'm using the entire SF series as an example, not simply 5. You missed the point. Also 5 actually did fix most of its flaws and it's doing just fine now,
Mmm, no Street Fighter V's base gameplay had always been a broken pile of misinterpreted game mechanics. The fundamental mechanics within Street Fighter V are broken, they're boring, comboing usually dumbs down to 1, 2, special move, the footsies game it pushes is fundamentally uninspired and boring. This is coming off of Street Fighter IV's overdeveloped defensive game that made playing against certain characters a waiting game and fighting an opponent who did nothing but Poke to Hado for the entire match, this in turn inspired Capcom to go for more offensive characters from then on but this caused the game to become even more broken. Yun and Yang were absolutley overpowered and then after the release of Evil Ryu and Oni the game became even more one sided to those 4 characters. This would be fine if the crouching defense gameplay from the base game was still withheld but it's not. If you play that game against these new characters you lose. Plain and simple. Ultra Street Fighter IV even being the most balanced version of the game is still fundamentally broken. Street Fighter III? Vanilla and 2nd Impact are broken to an absolute infamy and only when 3rd strike happened did people finally realize the beauty of the game. II? Well it's II. And Super Turbo II will always be the GOAT even after Ultra II because it built fighting games in general.
"Love and care put into each one" lol. Saying the bare minimum amount of effort shows love and care. If there was real love and care there wouldn't be any redundancy.
You literally JUST praised ****ing Street Fighter, a game infamous for it's over saturation of Shodo characters and their redundancy to each other...

You also told Schnee117 Schnee117 that you were a game dev so you saying this paints the picture that either you're a student who hasn't quite grasped the full picture or are purposefully denying the minutiae of development so that you can improve your point. But you saying the above means that you didn't take into account that every character that missed Smash 4 got a brand new model and animations. That alone is... what 7 characters that were essentially new. Not to mention the new characters that were added Inkling, Ridley, Simon, K. Rool, Isabelle, and Inceneroar. Not to mention characters like Zelda and Link who were completely redone. So what that's basically 15 brand new characters just from what I listed. Not to mention Echo fighters who mostly have the same animations as certain other characters but whose models had to be made from the ground up. And finally not to mention that every single character in the game was in one way or another touched up and reanimated to better differentiate them from the rest of the cast and balance then on top of that. On top of 100 stages, technically 300, at base. So please, gamedev, explain how that is "bare minimum" I'm genuinely curious.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's... fine? I'm not competing with Smash. Hell, even if I had a AAA multimillion dollar budget, I still wouldn't be competing with Smash. That's not really the goal. If you think people get into gamedev to become millionaires, you are sadly mistaken.

And whether my game succeeds or not is irrelevant, it definitely doesn't mean I can't critique other games.
So using your flawed mindset, because your work isn't notable, your opinion on game design is objectively inferior to Sakurai's and his teams because he's doing something more successfully than whatever you're pitching.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoJosh

Mmm, no Street Fighter V's base gameplay had always been a broken pile of misinterpreted game mechanics. The fundamental mechanics within Street Fighter V are broken, they're boring, comboing usually dumbs down to 1, 2, special move, the footsies game it pushes is fundamentally uninspired and boring. This is coming off of Street Fighter IV's overdeveloped defensive game that made playing against certain characters a waiting game and fighting an opponent who did nothing but Poke to Hado for the entire match, this in turn inspired Capcom to go for more offensive characters from then on but this caused the game to become even more broken. Yun and Yang were absolutley overpowered and then after the release of Evil Ryu and Oni the game became even more one sided to those 4 characters. This would be fine if the crouching defense gameplay from the base game was still withheld but it's not. If you play that game against these new characters you lose. Plain and simple. Ultra Street Fighter IV even being the most balanced version of the game is still fundamentally broken. Street Fighter III? Vanilla and 2nd Impact are broken to an absolute infamy and only when 3rd strike happened did people finally realize the beauty of the game. II? Well it's II. And Super Turbo II will always be the GOAT even after Ultra II because it built fighting games in general.

You literally JUST praised ****ing Street Fighter, a game infamous for it's over saturation of Shodo characters and their redundancy to each other...

You also told Schnee117 Schnee117 that you were a game dev so you saying this paints the picture that either you're a student who hasn't quite grasped the full picture or are purposefully denying the minutiae of development so that you can improve your point. But you saying the above means that you didn't take into account that every character that missed Smash 4 got a brand new model and animations. That alone is... what 7 characters that were essentially new. Not to mention the new characters that were added Inkling, Ridley, Simon, K. Rool, Isabelle, and Inceneroar. Not to mention characters like Zelda and Link who were completely redone. So what that's basically 15 brand new characters just from what I listed. Not to mention Echo fighters who mostly have the same animations as certain other characters but whose models had to be made from the ground up. And finally not to mention that every single character in the game was in one way or another touched up and reanimated to better differentiate them from the rest of the cast and balance then on top of that. On top of 100 stages, technically 300, at base. So please, gamedev, explain how that is "bare minimum" I'm genuinely curious.
There's a lot to unpack here, and a lot of it is wrong. I don't even know where to begin with your word salad of subjective complaints about 5. So if it's all the same to you I'll take this to DMs.

I'd less so say it's about the opinion being unpopular as it is the ****ty attitude.
There's an actual discussion to be had on the matter, but not with someone so arrogant, so ignorant and just downright obnoxious.
Judging from my past interactions with you, if you think that criticism only applies to me you really need a long period of self reflection.

So using your flawed mindset, because your work isn't notable, your opinion on game design is objectively inferior to Sakurai's and his teams because he's doing something more successfully than whatever you're pitching.
:shrug: Tell Schnee this, not me, I'm not the one who brought up "armchair gamedev". I was simply giving her **** in kind for what she gave me. I don't really consider myself "above" anyone for this.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
If anyone is interested, I did a full analysis of Smash Ultimate's Max CSS compared to the game's current placeholders. And why I think the current CSS limit might have been deliberate and influenced the planning of post-game content.

You can find a link to the original here. But I will also post it as a quoted post just for convenience.

Before you read this post, there's some prior information that I'd recommend you go through before going into this one. It provides some additional context to how the Max CSS was found and explains the basis for this update.

Although, the Tl;DR is that 91 is the CSS maximum before the game crashes.

Anyway, after I took a picture of the max CSS, I did some digging with some help from Ehm (one of the co-admins at the TCRF) and found something kind of interesting.

Now, I sort of mentioned it in the past thread, but after thinking about it, I thought I'd explain it in more detail.

So it turns out that the CSS limit might be connected to a previous datamine from earlier this year.

Found within the parameter files (the filename is spirits_campaign_enc_foto_param.prc for those curious) of World of Light were 16 placeholder entries for additional characters. These have been somewhat gradually filled (although Hero and Banjo added new entries, and one was removed in 6.0.0) overtime with DLC updates.

However, there was also 16 placeholder entries in the attack_log_parameter.prc (which some is also filled by DLC.) It seems 16 is a magic number for the team.

Now, at first glance, this kind of looks like a future proofing measure for just in case they want leeway with adding more. Which.. hey... makes sense. The game is built to be evergreen.

Although, when you factor in the max CSS number with these placeholder entries, things get weird. Very weird.

If you look at the Max CSS and count the spaces from Incineroar to Mii Brawler, you get 16 spaces. And if you add up the base game spaces (75 with random included) with the 16 entries, you get a total of 91.

I originally thought that the limit of the CSS was due to technicality reasons, like they might've just forgotten something. It imagine it may happen sometimes in game development.

However, after looking at the math, I think this was a very deliberate choice by the team.

And no, in my opinion, the Max CSS being square would not be a good supporting reasoning for this. Yes, it looks badass, but CSS square positions I've learned are the least reliable way to tell something in speculation. And even moreso with Smash 4 and Ultimate, since those CSS's can grow.

It just stems from the fact that those placeholders work out so well with this limit, that I personally think it lines up too much to be a coincidence. I mean, sure, it's still definitely possible, but even as a coincidence, they're still weirdly placed together imo.

And not to mention, looking at a game like Smash Wii U, it's CSS barely had any realistically defined limits that crashed the game as far as I'm aware (if anyone actually knows, please correct me.) The CSS would break after adding 60 CSS icons graphically, but would at least continue to function and not crash.

To me, it's normal for a game like Smash to leave some leeway for content in the future. It's a given and helps the team. But when that leeway is finite, to me, that's when it gets weird.

This is a limit, that as I'm aware, was present since the base game. And to possibly speculate, was something, given the nature of the placeholders, the team either knew about as some sort of bug and worked around it, or it was intentionally implemented.

Now, the game did have 30 placeholders within its executable at launch. But during the purge that was update v2.0.0, it was removed in its entirety along with other datamined stuff. The only things that still exist in this game as of the latest update are the placeholders in both param files mentioned earlier.
To me, if I were to speculate. The executable placeholders being removed maybe showed that they were accidentally added in possibly. While maybe the param placeholders still being in the game is more accurate to their original planning methods?

Again, that part is just unfiltered speculation and is not really definitive.

But in regards to the CSS limit, if that was intentionally implemented, then it could mean a lot of things.

Now, I don't want to get into all that speculation, because there are thousands of things that it can mean. But, what I will say is, in my opinion, this limit might have had a factor in planning post-game content.

What does that entail? I honestly don't know. All I know is, based off the data alone, my theory is that this was a pre-determined limit.

But again... who knows. Future observations might entail something different, meaning none of this is truly definitive. But just something to think about.
I do want to stress again though that this does not mean 11 characters in total are coming as DLC. Again, development can change to go below the limit, or beyond the limit. It is a possibility.

But all I wanted to do was bring my two cents into this and say why I think this limit could have pre-planned. Along with the weirdness around it.
If you have any additional inputs on this at all, and whether you think this limit was pre-planned for just coincidental, definitely let me know. This is a weird thing that I think could definitely spark some discussion.

Once again, I'd like to thank Ehm for making me remember the WoL placeholders! Without him, this wouldn't have been all pieced together.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*shrugs*

Oh dear...these arguments are just...you know what? I'm glad I have more important issues to deal with right now, so yeah

Troykv

Smash Master
I used to be against more FE, but I really don't care about "reps" anymore.

Heck, FE could use more. Lots of untapped potential with different weapons!
That is nice!

Are you interesting in checking about why I like Micaiah? xD

... I think I would need to update the Micaiah moveset now that I think about it (is based around Smash Wii U the one I have).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My stance on Smash is that I honestly can't comprehend the notion that it's stagnant. Like every game except for maybe 4 has its own feel and plays quite differently. Plus I really don't see how you overhaul Smash while still making it feel like Smash, Smash is Smash because of a few simple mechanics, so there isn't a lot of leeway to change it up.

Plus, y'know, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm sure everyone has at least one problem they'd like fixed - I want less cutscene Final Smashes, dammit! - but nearly everyone can agree that the basics of Smash are still as fun as ever.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If anyone is interested, I did a full analysis of Smash Ultimate's Max CSS compared to the game's current placeholders. And why I think the current CSS limit might have been deliberate and influenced the planning of post-game content.

You can find a link to the original here. But I will also post it as a quoted post just for convenience.
do the 91 total slots line up with the current WoL placeholders?

MooMew64

That is nice!

Are you interesting in checking about why I like Micaiah? xD

... I think I would need to update the Micaiah moveset now that I think about it (is based around Smash Wii U the one I have).
I think I've seen something with her once. She's a mage, right? I'd love to see more magic users in Smash! Her design also looks super cool.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Ah yes, the FE defense force is coming out in spades.

Look, guys, I don't care about your garbage taste in video games, you're free to like that awful franchise all you want. That isn't the point of my post. I'm talking about how Smash hasn't evolved for almost 20 years.

I'm not talking about changing its fundamentals, I'm talking about evolving it.

See, Street Fighter 5 Guile does not play like Street Fighter 4 or Street Fighter 2 Guile. This is because of the addition of new mechanics like V-Trigger and V-Skill. The fundamentals of Smash are there and they're fine, but they haven't put any effort into improving it and it's starting to show.

Answer me this, why is it that all the new DLC characters from Smash 4 onwards get brand new mechanics that are exclusive to them, yet Kirby is still using his completely obsolete N64 moveset? Why is Ganondorf still mostly a Falcon clone? Why don't any of the N64/Melee vets have anything new to let them compete against these wildly new characters that are actually adding new things? This mentality of "we can't change anything because we might alienate the existing fanbase who likes it that way" is absolute crap, and it's holding Smash back. Smash has lots of flaws and mistakes, and instead of fixing them, they're just sweeping them into a corner and it's piling up and starting to stink up the room. It doesn't benefit the game in any way to pretend those flaws don't exist.
Ok, You say you want smash to be different? Literally all of the games have something that adds on and changes the game.
Melee added new moves, more specials, and wavedashing and directional airdodging etc
Brawl added Tripping, floaty gameplay, and made more complicated movesets
Smash 4 Added rage and other stuff idk
Ultimate added Perfect shields, brought back DADs and made faster gameplay
Also characters are still similar to the past because that’s what people are used to, people have mains for a reason.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Granted, but like, there some areas in the older games where they are just OBJECTIVELY obsolete, precisely like that ledge thing you mentioned. People can revisit them for nostalgia but will they ever take it as seriously as a modern entry in the series? Probably not, and this is because there's no reason to go back to them outside of nostalgia. Compared to SF3 and the other SF games, people are still playing those games en masse, there's a huge competitive community for them and tournaments with huge turnouts, even as new games in the series have come out. This is because 3rd Strike wasn't made objectively obsolete by the existence of 4 and 5, it stood the test of time and carved out a niche for itself, which is more than I can say for Brawl. In fact the other day I played Brawl with family and they were talking about how awful and floaty it felt and how they do not miss that game. Anecdotal, sure, but I think it kind of represents why people aren't going back to Brawl now that Ultimate's out.
Well...Not every game in a long running series is going to be immortal like Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart Wii, Portal, or Street Fighter 3: Third Strike. Pokémon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow are glitchy messes, most people look at Street Fighter and wonder how the series got off the ground, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl will (hopefully) be forever deemed as the worst one.

Also, here's what I know of the last three Street Fighter titles:
  • Street Fighter 3: Everyone hated it until Third Strike added some of the legacy characters back. Then people recognized it's fun mechanics.
  • Street Fighter 4: Seems to be the Smash Ultimate of the Street Fighter series, but I mostly only got a look at its roster, and the fact that people didn't like Decapitate.
  • Street Fighter 5: Everyone hated it until the cash grab edition came out and the roster had a respectable size for a billionth game in the franchise.

Also characters are still similar to the past because that’s what people are used to, people have mains for a reason.
Hot take: Even if the characters from Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee were redesigned from the ground up most of them would still be remarkably similar to how they are now. They'd just have a few more bells and whistles.

EDIT: For example, Donkey Kong could jump out of his dash to launch him forward like he can in the Donkey Kong Country series, and he might have something involving barrels, but everything else would be more or less the same.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Ok, You say you want smash to be different? Literally all of the games have something that adds on and changes the game.
Melee added new moves, more specials, and wavedashing and directional airdodging etc
Brawl added Tripping, floaty gameplay, and made more complicated movesets
Smash 4 Added rage and other stuff idk
Ultimate added Perfect shields, brought back DADs and made faster gameplay
That's not really much, like I said, 64 to Melee was the last significant evolution with the addition of spot dodges and side Bs. The rest of those have been way less significant, I mean you considered "tripping" and "floaty gameplay" to be game changers, those aren't really game changers so much as they are annoyances that make the game worse. And perfect shields were in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I think I've seen something with her once. She's a mage, right? I'd love to see more magic users in Smash! Her design also looks super cool.
Yep, she is a mage, also the only main character that doesn't use actual weapons, and because of this, the only one is actually associated with Magic instead of a particular weapon type.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
First mistake is assuming you can change peoples' minds on the internet. :secretkpop: Even if they're wrong.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well...Not every game in a long running series is going to be immortal like Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart Wii, Portal, or Street Fighter 3: Third Strike. Pokémon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow are glitchy messes, most people look at Street Fighter and wonder how the series got off the ground, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl will (hopefully) be forever deemed as the worst one.

Also, here's what I know of the last three Street Fighter titles:
  • Street Fighter 3: Everyone hated it until Third Strike added some of the legacy characters back. Then people recognized it's fun mechanics.
  • Street Fighter 4: Seems to be the Smash Ultimate of the Street Fighter series, but I mostly only got a look at its roster, and the fact that people didn't like Decapitate.
  • Street Fighter 5: Everyone hated it until the cash grab edition came out and the roster had a respectable size for a billionth game in the franchise.

Hot take: Even if the characters from Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee were redesigned from the ground up most of them would still be remarkably similar to how they are now. They'd just have a few more bells and whistles.

EDIT: For example, Donkey Kong could jump out of his dash to launch him forward like he can in the Donkey Kong Country series, and he might have something involving barrels, but everything else would be more or less the same.
you mean Decapre right?

D

Deleted member

First mistake is assuming you can change peoples' minds on the internet. :secretkpop: Even if they're wrong.
Yeah. Like Will for example will refuse to believe Poopyhead is a terrible name for my Dragon Quest heroes no matter what I say

MooMew64

Yep, she is a mage, also the only main character that doesn't use actual weapons, and because of this, the only one is actually associated with Magic instead of a particular weapon type.
That sounds so cool! Robin never satisfied my desire for a magic user fully, so Micaiah sounds like just the kinda character I'd love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom