• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's just a bummer to know that, best case scenario, they'll go with big grass munkey when there are options like goblins and Sirfetch'ds and even sword doggos and whatnot.

Greninja is cool but I don't like the precedent he's set.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's just a bummer to know that, best case scenario, they'll go with big grass munkey when there are options like goblins and Sirfetch'ds and even sword doggos and whatnot.

Greninja is cool but I don't like the precedent he's set.
I don't think he's set any precedent, just a coincidence at this point. IIRC, all Sakurai had to work with at the time was the Alolan starters for Gen 7.

Last edited:

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I hope the last character of this FP is Aggron, my favorite Pokémon deserves to be in.
Aggron follows the trend of every character being heavier than the last one so I think my boi has a pretty good shot at being the big reveal at TGA.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think he's set any precedent, just a coincidence at this point. IIRC, all Sakurai had to work with at the time was the Alolan starters for Gen 7.
I think there's a precedent of TPC/GF gearing up to push the starters early on, and unless the Smash choice isn't made early on, or there's a new Lucario/Zoroark that attracts a lot of the marketing (which there hasn't been this time), I'm gonna stand by it.

But yeah, if the choice isn't made til next year, we could possibly see a different result. I just think if there is a Gen 8 Pokemon in the pipeline, it's been decided already.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think there's a precedent of TPC/GF gearing up to push the starters early on, and unless the Smash choice isn't made early on, or there's a new Lucario/Zoroark that attracts a lot of the marketing (which there hasn't been this time), I'm gonna stand by it.
Weren't you a big advocate for Lycanroc during the speculation period?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Weren't you a big advocate for Lycanroc during the speculation period?
I probably mentioned Lycanroc once or twice as the choice I'd prefer, much as I just said I'd prefer the goblin or Sirfetch'd, but I thought we were going to get Decidueye. Or failing that, Incineroar.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
The idea of a Gen 8 rep getting in at this point fills me with a great dread, but then I remember that that isn't how Nintendo's playing the DLC game at all, and relief returns.

Incineroar already pulled in as many of the current Pokemon base as any Alola-mon would have, and Smash Bros and Pokemon already have so much overlap that a Galar candidate would barely sell any more Switches than Sword/Shield itself. I believe that Nintendo knows these DLCs have way, way more potential than that.

D

Deleted member

The idea of a Gen 8 rep getting in at this point fills me with a great dread, but then I remember that that isn't how Nintendo's playing the DLC game at all, and relief returns.

Incineroar already pulled in as many of the current Pokemon base as any Alola-mon would have, and Smash Bros and Pokemon already have so much overlap that a Galar candidate would barely sell any more Switches than Sword/Shield itself. I believe that Nintendo knows these DLCs have way, way more potential than that.
Gen 8 DLC is something I would see in a future Smash game, though assuming that first-party DLC is gonna be the theme of next pass, I doubt we will have one until Smash 6.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
What signature moves or Tekken concepts could fit into Heihachi’s moveset? I don’t know anything about Tekken and currently only view Heihachi’s potential as Ganondorf’s moveset with Ryu’s model.
You're way off, buddy.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Watched that vid like, a couple times , man.
I mean, it's THE most comprehensive proof that Heihachi could be translated into Smash.
The idea that Heihachi is just a mix of Ganondorf and Ryu is fundamentally ignorant.
Tekken's moves aren't even based on stick moves like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, or Fatal Fury.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Judging by the Pokemon SwooSh talk, I'm guessing nothing actually related to potential leaks has popped up?

Regarding Heihachi, I don't have any concrete evidence when I say I just can't see it happening. I think he'll be a Mii costume again alongside a Tales Of rep, namely Lloyd. Nightmare would be awesome, but I can see him getting the Mii costume treatment too. As for KOS-MOS, she's got potential, but I find it hard to believe that she would beat out Lloyd or Heihachi.

That just made me think of a new speculation game! Who would be our 5 Mii fighters if our FP5 was from:

- Bandai Namco
- Bethesda
- Capcom
- Activision Blizzard

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
That just made me think of a new speculation game! Who would be our 5 Mii fighters if our FP5 was from:

- Bandai Namco
- Bethesda
- Capcom
- Activision Blizzard
If it's Monster Hunter as another Capcom character, I could see them being a good opportunity to bring back these 5 Mii Fighter costumes...
  • Hunter's Blademaster Armor
  • Rathalos Blademaster Armor
  • X
  • Mega Man.EXE
  • Chocobo Hat
And I know you only specified 5, but in addition to those, I could also see a sixth, brand new Mii Fighter costume based on the Nergigante Armor from Monster Hunter World.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace

- Bandai Namco
- Bethesda
- Capcom
- Activision Blizzard
Disregarding any specific game as a theme, and just going for a general company focus...

Bamco:
- Heihachi
- Lloyd Irving
- Gilgamesh
(or Splatterhouse Rick standing in for one of the above)

Bethesda:
- Vault Boy/Girl
- Commander Keen?
- "Meh"

Capcom:
- Joe
- Captain Commando
- Dante/Virgil

Activision/Blizzard:
- Call of Duty Shootyman
- Crash Hat
- Lost Viking

and then 2-3 random characters from another company since that is what tends to happen.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Judging by the Pokemon SwooSh talk, I'm guessing nothing actually related to potential leaks has popped up?

Regarding Heihachi, I don't have any concrete evidence when I say I just can't see it happening. I think he'll be a Mii costume again alongside a Tales Of rep, namely Lloyd. Nightmare would be awesome, but I can see him getting the Mii costume treatment too. As for KOS-MOS, she's got potential, but I find it hard to believe that she would beat out Lloyd or Heihachi.

- Bandai Namco
- Bethesda
- Capcom
- Activision Blizzard
namco:
- Lloyd
- Heihachi
- Gilgamesh
- Nightmare

Bethesda:
- Vault Boy
- Dohvakiin
- Doomguy
- Cimmander Keen

Capcom:
- Jill Valentine
- Leon Kennedy
- Dr. Willy
- M. Bison
- B. B. Hood

Activision:
- Crash Bandicoot. (Of course it’s the famous mascot suit)
- Call of Duty Soldier #236409
- Coco Bandicoot
- Spyro
- Someone from WoW?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I am far from Sword/Shield's biggest fan right now, nor do I have any plans to get it. However, I don't think saying "this game is bad, so it shouldn't be in Smash" is a good argument. Even the worst games can have content that's worth getting into Smash. If content from Sonic '06 can get into Smash, I think Sword/Shield content isn't out of the question.

Besides, even outside of the starters, there's still Zacian and Zamazenta. Not only would they be the first time Smash got a legendary (some of the most popular and iconic Pokemon) since Mewtwo in Melee, but they both have a lot of moveset potential. Sure, we have swordsmen, but do we have sworddogs? Plus, John Romero would finally get his dream of a quadruped in Smash.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I am far from Sword/Shield's biggest fan right now, nor do I have any plans to get it. However, I don't think saying "this game is bad, so it shouldn't be in Smash" is a good argument. Even the worst games can have content that's worth getting into Smash. If content from Sonic '06 can get into Smash, I think Sword/Shield content isn't out of the question.

Besides, even outside of the starters, there's still Zacian and Zamazenta. Not only would they be the first time Smash got a legendary (some of the most popular and iconic Pokemon) since Mewtwo in Melee, but they both have a lot of moveset potential. Sure, we have swordsmen, but do we have sworddogs? Plus, John Romero would finally get his dream of a quadruped in Smash.
The best quadrupedal representatives would be Spyro the Dragon and Amaterasu.
Damn these humans that make Smash Bros. showing their obvious anthropomorphic bias!

Droodle

Smash Lord

- Bandai Namco
- Bethesda
- Capcom
- Activision Blizzard
Bandai Namco (Leaning towards Lloyd/Yuri but I can see it being KOS-MOS):
- Lloyd/Yuri (Depending on who gets in.)
- Luke
- Heihachi
- Gilgamesh
- KOS-MOS/T-ELOS (I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Xenosaga costume at the very least.)

Bethesda (Leaning towards Dovahkiin being playable):
- Deathclaw
- Power Armor
- Cacodemon
- Doom helmet
- Daedric Armor

Capcom (Leaning towards Phoenix Wright):
- Miles Edgeworth
- Apollo Justice
- Maya Fey
- Dante's clothes
- Rathalos Armor

Activision Blizzard (Probably Crash)
- Neo Cortex
- Aku Aku Mask
- Coco's clothes
- Spyro
- Tracer

D

Deleted member

- Bandai Namco
- Bethesda
- Capcom
- Activision Blizzard
I'm not the biggest fan of speculation games, but it's still quite takes away some boredom

Bamco:
- Yuri Lowell
- Velvet Crowe
- Gilgamesh
- Nightmare
- Siegfried

Bethesda:
- Vault Boy
- Dovahkiin
- (I'm not too versed into this company so sorry)

Capcom:
- Morrigan (since I hate myself)
- Strider Hiryu
- Captain Commando
- Vergil
- Rathalos-based armor (assuming we don't get Monster Hunter)

Activision:
- Soldier outfit a la CoD
- Spyro
- Coco Bandicoot
- insert Blizzard rep
- Cortex

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So how would the feels be if this happens...

Three years after Ultimate’s release, Nintendo announces a final video presentation. 10 characters have been released since the first fighter pass finished.

Sakurai recounts having started the production by promising Iwata to make the best Smash ever.

Sakurai shares some memories of developing Ultimate and how even though he thought he couldn’t continue, he did for the fans and Iwata’s memory

He then goes back and starts from the beginning when Smash 64 development and recounting Melee, Brawl, and 4. He focuses on just how much the games changed him and how it was a privilege to work on them.

He announces that all good things must come to an end and says Smash Ultimate is finally done and will cease additional content. Thanks the fans.

but then says “we have one more spot to fill”. This one is a gift from me to you.” He then presents the final character: the intended main character for “Dragon King”. Announces a special song intended for Dragon King made by Nobuo Uematsu as well as the same stage seen in the Prototype taken from HAL Laboratories of Mt Fuji is a stage. Stage is called “Legacy”. All of it is free.

Sakurai talks a bit about Dragon King and was sad he never could work on it but is overjoyed at what Smash has become. He shows how the character plays and goes into nostalgic mode. He then says he is saddened that this will be his last appearance in talking directly to fans about Smash.

Thanks everyone for two decades of playing Smash and wishes the future generations to pursue their love of video games and development.

He bows with a tear in his eye. He looks at the camera hesitatingly as if he doesn’t want to but swallows his fear and strengthens his resolve.

He pulls out a paper and signs on it. Placing in firmly on the desk, he swallows and his voice cracks. Sakurai then formally announces and tenders his retirement in front of the camera with Miyamoto personally receiving it.

He then stands up, one final bow, and leaves. The camera pans out and a single Kirby is shown sitting on the side of the desk which was hidden from view.

The screen fades and then shows the entire Smash cast from start to finish in a scrolling Melee intro-like cinematic before panning out and showing the entire cast jumping into the air and performing the up punch pose. Above them “Thank you, everyone!”

What would your feels rating be?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Three years after Ultimate’s release, Nintendo announces a final video presentation. 10 characters have been released since the first fighter pass finished.

Sakurai recounts having started the production by promising Iwata to make the best Smash ever.

Sakurai shares some memories of developing Ultimate and how even though he thought he couldn’t continue, he did for the fans and Iwata’s memory

He then goes back and starts from the beginning when Smash 64 development and recounting Melee, Brawl, and 4. He focuses on just how much the games changed him and how it was a privilege to work on them.

He announces that all good things must come to an end and says Smash Ultimate is finally done and will cease additional content. Thanks the fans.

but then says “we have one more spot to fill”. This one is a gift from me to you.” He then presents the final character: the intended main character for “Dragon King”. Announces a special song intended for Dragon King made by Nobuo Uematsu as well as the same stage seen in the Prototype taken form HAL Laboratories it Mt Fuji is a stage. Stage is called “Legacy”. All of it is free.

Sakurai talks a bit about Dragon King and was sad he never could work on it but is overjoyed at what Smash has become. He shows how the character plays and goes into nostalgic mode. He then says he is saddened that this will be his last appearance in talking directly to fans about Smash.

Thanks everyone for two decades of playing Smash and wishes the future generations to pursue their love of video games and development.

He bows with a tear in his eye.

He formally announces and tenders his retirement in front of the camera.

He then stands up, one final bow, and leaves. The camera pans out and a single Kirby is shown sitting on the side of the desk which was hidden from view.

The screen fades and then shows the entire Smash cast from start to finish in a scrolling Melee intro-like cinematic before panning out and showing the entire cast jumping into the air and performing the up punch pose. Above them “Thank you, everyone!”

I don't know if it's the fact that I just finished KHIII but this hit me dead-center in the feels.

D

Deleted member

but then says “we have one more spot to fill”. This one is a gift from me to you.” He then presents the final character: the intended main character for “Dragon King”. Announces a special song intended for Dragon King made by Nobuo Uematsu as well as the same stage seen in the Prototype taken form HAL Laboratories it Mt Fuji is a stage. Stage is called “Legacy”. All of it is free.

He bows with a tear in his eye.

He formally announces and tenders his retirement in front of the camera.

I'd shed a bajillion tears. This was the same game that influenced my future. And to see this game to end with a great finishing note...it all just lets me smile that all of this couldn't be possible without the fans. Despite our constant bickerings and whatnots, we still managed to make this the most enjoyable fighting game period.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Personally, I feel torn. If such a scenario happened but Smash continues.... 15 years later, kids are still playing Smash but have no idea who Sakurai is but can still enjoy the masterpiece he started two decades ago

D

Deleted member

Personally, I feel torn. If such a scenario happened but Smash continues.... 15 years later, kids are still playing Smash but have no idea who Sakurai is but can still enjoy the masterpiece he started two decades ago
Plus I would not know the direction the game would take.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

but then says “we have one more spot to fill”. This one is a gift from me to you.” He then presents the final character: the intended main character for “Dragon King”. Announces a special song intended for Dragon King made by Nobuo Uematsu as well as the same stage seen in the Prototype taken from HAL Laboratories of Mt Fuji is a stage. Stage is called “Legacy”. All of it is free.

He bows with a tear in his eye. He looks at the camera hesitatingly as if he doesn’t want to but swallows his fear and strengthens his resolve.

He pulls out a paper and signs on it. Placing in firmly on the desk, he swallows and his voice cracks. Sakurai then formally announces and tenders his retirement in front of the camera with Miyamoto personally receiving it.

Yeah, this makes me feel all kinds of sad.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman

...then the Smash Bros Ultimate intro rolls (where the screen cuts open) and we finally get a reveal for Geno. It cuts back to Sakurai and he says, "Don't ever ask me for anything ever again."

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace

Even if Pokemon Sword and Shield were instead the great franchise evolution that we were all hoping for, it'd still be a poor fit for Ultimate's pattern of DLC. Pandering to an audience that Nintendo's already got by the balls (let alone the ones willing to overlook SwSh's shortcomings) is pretty much completely opposite to the reasoning behind the previous four picks. Gen 8 won't get a character not because it's bad, but because it's redundant.

Spirits are easily in the realm of possibility though.

EDIT:

Dragon King would be cool, but I think Sakurai is one of those people who'll only stop making games when he's dead. Not sure either if a public retirement announcement would be a polite way of doing it as much as a publicity thing.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
The problem I personally have with Dark Souls is that if it IS the Chosen Undead, how would they even play? Dark Souls is known for the slow methodical gameplay, which really doesn't translate to Smash. Sakurai is a stickler for detail (especially for 3rd party characters) and he would pretty much try to make DS character as close to the actual game as possible.

So most likely you'd have a:
1. Sword character that also has a shield.
2. The character can also use magic. Can also heal himself using Estus Flask.
3. Probably has really simple moves, just due to the nature of DS not being combo heavy.
4. The character emphasizes dodging, and rewards playing it safe. (Probably hit and run, but I can't see the character being fast).

Hero already does 2 of these 4 things, and I can't see dodging being an interesting mechanic. Sakurai could definitely make the character work, but I don't think it could be done without some serious deviation from the actual DS series. Obviously they could add a DS boss as a playable character, but I doubt Sakurai would do that. Even if he does, it would probably still have a ridiculously limited moveset.

In my opinion it's the exact same problem with a Monster Hunter rep, but I'd say MH this pass is unlikely due to the fact that we already have Rathalos in game. And I say this as someone who's probably spent a couple thousand hours in both series.

Lloyd/Yuri would at least bring in a pretty easy mechanic in overlimit. And the faster pace of an ARPG like Tales carries over far better than an ARPG like Dark Souls/Monster Hunter.

KOS-MOS would be pretty cool just due to the amount of weaponry/range she has; but again, I'd say she's more unlikely than Tales.
It’s probably gonna be Solaire since Solaire is more popular and they always choose most popular over protagonist (Pikachu<Pokemon Trainer)
Also I really think we are getting 10 fighters after fighter pass, and since FP5 is probably already done then that’s very possible because of how fast these characters are coming.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Plus I would not know the direction the game would take.
Ultra Hyper Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Unlimited Millenium Match 2034 Turbo 12k Xbox Live Edition™

To be honest, though, I feel like if they stop building off Ultimate anytime soon it's going to be a huge missed opportunity and people are going to be Pokemon levels of upset that everyone isn't here anymore.

D

Deleted member

Ultra Hyper Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Unlimited Millenium Match 2034 Turbo 12k Xbox Live Edition™

To be honest, though, I feel like if they stop building off Ultimate anytime soon it's going to be a huge missed opportunity and people are going to be Pokemon levels of upset that everyone isn't here anymore.
By direction I also meant choice of characters, as well as the expectations for future games.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

They really shot themselves in the foot by doing that. People will come to expect that is the Smash norm.

Even if Pokemon Sword and Shield were instead the great franchise evolution that we were all hoping for, it'd still be a poor fit for Ultimate's pattern of DLC. Pandering to an audience that Nintendo's already got by the balls (let alone the ones willing to overlook SwSh's shortcomings) is pretty much completely opposite to the reasoning behind the previous four picks. Gen 8 won't get a character not because it's bad, but because it's redundant.

EDIT:

Dragon King would be cool, but I think Sakurai is one of those people who'll only stop making games when he's dead. Not sure either if a public retirement announcement would be a polite way of doing it as much as a publicity thing.
Probably not but it would have that emotional effect on people. He’s stated several times he may not return to direct Smash but he knows he’s the Director that Smash needs. I’m not even sure if he would be willing to allow someone to take over what has become his magnum opus, his life’s work, his legacy, and his crowning achievement.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

EDIT:

Keep in mind, Sakurai's not picking DLC as an advertising board for the Switch. We've never seen any statements or content that would suggest that. Plus, the idea of someone purchasing an entire console solely to play as one DLC character in one fighting game seems farfetched. The combined price of the Switch, Smash Ultimate, and a DLC pack in the US is $386, you'd have to be a super-fan of the franchise or character.

Ultimately, Sakurai's gonna pick characters he thinks are cool and have good moveset potential. While this pack has been focused on 3rd parties, I highly doubt he'll deliberately ignore characters who would be fun solely because they aren't hype enough.

D

Deleted member

Ultimately, Sakurai's gonna pick characters he thinks are cool and have good moveset potential. While this pack has been focused on 3rd parties, I highly doubt he'll deliberately ignore characters who would be fun solely because they aren't hype enough.
I feel so tempted to answer to this but can't help be salty over gender...again. I kinda feel like it isn't worth talking about it now.

WarriorWho85

Smash Rookie
Hello, all. Big fan. Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for having me. I normally just read, but I've had a couple beers and I feel like sharing.
Most wanted (Alphabetical):
-Crash Bandicoot
-Doomguy
-Lara Croft
-Leon Kennedy
-The Prince (of Persia)

On the Mii Leak: If it's real, I believe it's for post-pass #1. I think FP #5 would have been Doomguy, if not for the delay of Eternal. Two hats (Mallow and Cacodemon) and four costumes with a focus on Gunners (Geno and 3 others (Cyberdemon?)) would mirror Joker's pass.

On FP #5 now: As mentioned I believe FP#5 would have been Doomguy. It would have been announced with Terry's reveal in time for Eternal's release. However, since the delay, I belive FP5 and PP (Post Pass) 1 have swapped. At this juncture, it'll be either a Bamco or Capcom rep. Most likely a ResE rep as it's the biggest untapped franchise. (I hope for a Hero sitch with Chris, Claire, Jilll and Leon.)

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice

Really I think that Smash should really take a very long break after this. Just port Ultimate to the next Nintendo console with some minor fixes (and the one after that maybe) and call it a day

D

Deleted member

On FP #5 now: As mentioned I believe FP#5 would have been Doomguy. It would have been announced with Terry's reveal in time for Eternal's release. However, since the delay, I belive FP5 and PP (Post Pass) 1 have swapped. At this juncture, it'll be either a Bamco or Capcom rep. Most likely a ResE rep as it's the biggest untapped franchise. (I hope for a Hero sitch with Chris, Claire, Jilll and Leon.)
Verge essentially deconfirmed him for FP5 but he would be slated for a post-pass release. The Miis do look real but imo it's all more on post-pass content that is still at the beta testing.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Keep in mind, Sakurai's not picking DLC as an advertising board for the Switch. We've never seen any statements or content that would suggest that. Plus, the idea of someone purchasing an entire console solely to play as one DLC character in one fighting game seems farfetched. The combined price of the Switch, Smash Ultimate, and a DLC pack in the US is $386, you'd have to be a super-fan of the franchise or character.

Oh, what a coincidence then that the fanbases of Persona, Dragon Quest, Banjo-Kazooie, and SNK are full of super-fans who'd buy consoles just for a single entry.

The entire Fighters Pass so far has been a two-way street of endorsement. Sakurai gets to highlight games that, from a Japanese perspective, don't have as much international exposure as they deserve (such as Fatal Fury or Dragon Quest). Nintendo and Sakurai know they have the power to boost any franchise they want, and Sakurai has been honest in the fact that he delights in that opportunity.

In return, they get the attention of those franchises who were never particularly Nintendo-loyal before (or in Rare's case, forced to migrate away). Nintendo can't force third-party companies to make games for their platforms, but Smash gives them the opportunity to draw the attention of those companies' fans towards their systems, even if the latest entries are exclusive on competing systems. A person who could only get into Smash because of Pikachu ends up learning about Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, and all the other great Nintendo-exclusive games; imagine having the power to repeat that scenario with a whole new crowd of players for every new franchise you add to Smash.

Spending any of Ultimate's DLC slots on a first-party is a waste of that power. And since good movesets can be made out of pretty much anyone these days, then there is no reason for them to squander their power like that.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Spending any of Ultimate's DLC slots on a first-party is a waste of that power. And since good movesets can be made out of pretty much anyone these days, then there is no reason for them to squander their power like that.
Wrong.
First Party DLC.png

There exists no such thing as a "wasted slot". Wasted resources? Perhaps, but every character is someone's main.
There is no limit to how many characters can be added. If Nintendo so chose, they could have a roster as big as Pokémon, and I don't just mean the half-assed Sword and Shield.

WarriorWho85

Smash Rookie
Verge essentially deconfirmed him for FP5 but he would be slated for a post-pass release. The Miis do look real but imo it's all more on post-pass content that is still at the beta testing.
Hey Lesley. I know Verge deconfirmed Doomguy for FP5, but IIRC it was after Eternal's delay and the Mii "Leak". Were Doomguy originally slotted for FP5, it would explain the seeming confusion among leakers over FP5 and how ready the Mii hats look. I expect to see word of him before March.

PS I'm also rooting for a woman as a fighter.

Salamat, po.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom