• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It'd be hard to pin down exactly who, but I feel that Furukawa's the safest bet. He's not only Nintendo's President, but also Ultimate's Excecutive Producer. Outside of him, I could see the producers and general management also being involved in making that decision.

AFAIK Plant wasn't finished on time anyway, so I'm not too sure how much of a factor that was. The compromise was likely Sakurai getting absolute final say in exactly who (as opposed to Corrin). And Furukawa's evidently more than okay with that, the results have been splendid it seems.

Aside from that... just came up with a little forum game:

Suppose Kirby's Inhale got a buff, namely that he gains the opponent's last used B move (Side-B, Up-B, Down-B, Back-B in Terry's Case, or Neutral B) with the same hats. Which move would be the most fun to use as Kirby?
KIRBY COMMAND MENU

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

osby

Smash Obsessed
It'd be hard to pin down exactly who, but I feel that Furukawa's the safest bet. He's not only Nintendo's President, but also Ultimate's Excecutive Producer. Outside of him, I could see the producers and general management also being involved in making that decision.

AFAIK Plant wasn't finished on time anyway, so I'm not too sure how much of a factor that was. The compromise was likely Sakurai getting absolute final say in exactly who (as opposed to Corrin). And Furukawa's evidently more than okay with that, the results have been splendid it seems.

Suppose Kirby's Inhale got a buff, namely that he gains the opponent's last used B move (Side-B, Up-B, Down-B, Back-B in Terry's Case, or Neutral B) with the same hats. Which move would be the most fun to use as Kirby?
Rebel's Guard, so I can make Kirby summon a copy of himself in Arsene cosplay.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Behold the one true Square-Enix Mario rep.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
They might as well add the best Black Mage as an echo fighter.

Kirby yelling backslash would be adorbs af.

"See! Popularity doesn't matter! James Pond actually has a shot!".
It won't but you know full well that sh*t should happen. lmao

Last edited:

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Well, at the very least, I'd want there to be a 16 total additions worth of characters for Ultimate sense that seems to be the average for most smash games. Discluding some of the echoes that are practically the same as the echoed fighter and taking into account the current amount of new fighters we have in now I'd say 3-6 more new fighters would make sense to me.
However, given the circumstances, this really is the bare minimum I'm expecting and I figure we'll get more than this. Best case scenario would be 100 total characters in Ultimate (with the help of echoes) but this doesn't seem like a very reasonable prospect unless they supported the game till the very end.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m just forever disappointed we don’t get to hear Kirby say in his adorable smol voice, “AW U OKEH? BUSTAH WOWF~!”

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Plank08

Smash Lord
In my opinion, I think that worst case scenario, we get 5 more fighters after the first pass. But best case scenario, they keep doling out DLC until the Switch dies, which could be 20+.
I feel like best case scenario is 100 characters, but worst case still sounds pretty good to me
No one ever talks about him, but the indie character I’d want is CommanderVideo. I believe he was the first indie representation in Smash Bros, as he got a trophy in Smash 4, and his games practically defined Wiiware. It would be cool to get another flat character based around sprite art as well.
Flat characters? We already have Lucina! :ultpacman:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

andree123

Smash Ace
Springtrap wanters are everywhere in 4chan because of the FNAF series coming to the nintendo switch, I wished that vergeben should say that springtrap is not challenger pack 5, they are freakin' annoying.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Springtrap wanters are everywhere in 4chan because of the FNAF series coming to the nintendo switch, I wished that vergeben should say that springtrap is not challenger pack 5, they are freakin' annoying.
Yeah, we all know it would obviously be Freddy Fazbear.

twitch

Ow, it hurts to even joke about.
No offence to any Freddy Supporters I just don't like the FnaF series.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
It's 4chan. The want for Sprigtrap isn't legitimate. It's all just for the sake of ****posting. Vergeben making a statement would probably not put a stop to that.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Another hypothetical, if you were a leaker wanting to hint at your most wanted character who was just confirmed internally to be the next fighter, what hints would you give that wouldn’t completely get you in trouble with higher-ups?

https://www.perlesandco.co.uk/image...clair/im-Hollow-square-28mm-Light-Blue-x1.jpg
I'd show them this picture in the link:
https://www.gateworld.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/stargate_sgc_unending-640x360.jpg

And watch as everyone scratches their head trying to figure out who it could be

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
That would work if you mindlessly believe everything Veggiebin says.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What about fans of characters that are echoes/clones?
I'd like to think putting a character in without giving them anything unique would be grounds for complaint about the treatment of their franchise without being entitled, especially if they have a moveset in their home series that could have been translated into Smash but just wasn't.
I mean, they weren't gonna get into Ultimate without being an echo in Sakurai's head, so I'd take what you can get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Any big updates? Playing catch up
Well we're still at 5 disconformations for who exactly is character 5 and FnaF 1-3 are coming to Switch so expect the poop-posting to increase.

D

Deleted member

Again, it's still super ironic to me that we still argue about relevancy and popularity when Sakurai himself said recently "Nah man I just care if they're fun".

This fanbase is just always gonna be a certain way, eh?
He's not a god. We can if we want to.
Nut kissing, eh?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
What gets me about Dark Samus is that despite how I got over how she's an echo, we didn't get a single battle theme she has. She's literally the Metroid Prime and we never got any of her boss themes? ****ing wild
You're totally right. I was relatively disappointed with Metroid (and Donkey Kong) music in general, honestly. The music selection for Metroid is average in my opinion, and as a fan it hurts a bit.

I mean they don't have to remix everything, for me it's enough to have the original theme. I don't think including Dark Samus own theme is something complicated. :( I love his theme.

Also other bangers they should have included:

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord

Power Dunk would just be broken on Kirby

KillerCage

Smash Master
You're totally right. I was relatively disappointed with Metroid (and Donkey Kong) music in general, honestly. The music selection for Metroid is average in my opinion, and as a fan it hurts a bit.

I mean they don't have to remix everything, for me it's enough to have the original theme. I don't think including Dark Samus own theme is something complicated. :( I love his theme.

Also other bangers they should have included:

WHY WEREN'T THESE INCLUDED!?

Plank08

Smash Lord
Another hypothetical, if you were a leaker wanting to hint at your most wanted character who was just confirmed internally to be the next fighter, what hints would you give that wouldn’t completely get you in trouble with higher-ups?

https://www.perlesandco.co.uk/image...clair/im-Hollow-square-28mm-Light-Blue-x1.jpg
For Sackboy I would probably just have it be a gnome in a garden cause that’s the first level in LBP
Springtrap wouldn’t get in before Freddy imo.
Springtrap would make a great boss though

Also, Speaking of Metroid, Samus needs a different Moveset more than Ganondorf by a long shot, her one now is so bad compared to the potential, watch Duke of Dorks video to see just how good a samus moveset could be

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
https://nintendoeverything.com/nint...ltimate-fighters-pass-made-huge-contribution/
Second, sales of add-on content have also been growing. Up until the previous fiscal year, the main contributors were add-on content for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2, but this fiscal year the Fighter Pass for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has made a huge contribution.
Maybe I'm thinking this too much, but honestly, I have a feeling that the pass being successful may have a giant impact on what future DLC characters may come down the line, even though that'd likely just mean more third-party characters.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
What about fans of characters that are echoes/clones?
I'd like to think putting a character in without giving them anything unique would be grounds for complaint about the treatment of their franchise without being entitled, especially if they have a moveset in their home series that could have been translated into Smash but just wasn't.
Maybe it's just me but the characters I like being playable means more than their status in general. Completely unique or an echo doesn't really matter to me as long as they do a good job with the character and so far all the newcomers have been good. Echo fighters shouldn't be considered insults. They're literally a thing because people were requesting characters like Daisy and Chrom but there wasn't enough to make them different from others so they made it an official game concept to get them in. Feels like the opposite of bad treatment to me

I would just take one of the landscape scenes from Uncharted, cut anything that might give away the character and post it like that but change the sun to have the smash logo in it. Seeing people scrambling around and either shut it down as fake right away or seeing people throw out wildly wrong guesses would be fantastic because nobody actually thinks we're getting a Sony rep

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have a feeling that the pass will all be 3rd parties but after that it'll be open season.

Maybe we'll get another Fire Emblem character, maybe a Gen 8 Pokemon, maybe another fan favorite who missed out on the base like Dixie Kong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom