• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 5 - Game Over! Who lives happily ever after in Newbieland?!

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
I think Mason should stay quiet. He could still be a Wolf, and a Mason claim now is unconfirmable, since the other Mason is dead.

Right now, I'm pretty sure SSBF is one scum. His most recent post solidified that in my mind. However, this is a very unique situation for town. Our best option here, in my opinion, is a No Lynch. Notice that even if we lynch scum, after the NK it will be 1vs1, which means a win for whichever scum faction did not get lynched. Weird, at this point lynching town is better for us than lynching scum >.>

Right now, it is 2T(own)/1M(afia)/1W(olf).
-If we lynch Mafia, it will be 2T/1W, and after Night, 1T/1W, Wolves win. Same situation for if we lynch the Wolf.
-If we lynch town, it will be 1T/1M/1W, with 2 Night Kills. More likely than not, there will only be one person left alive, and whoever is left alive wins the game for their team. However, there is only a 25% chance (50% of being left alone by the Mafia x 50% chance of being left alone by the Wolf) that the Townie will live through the Night.
-If we No Lynch, it will still be 2T/1M/1W going into Night. If both Townies die, Mafia and Wolves joint win. If one Townie and one scum die, whichever scum lived wins. However, if both scum die, Town wins. If a Townie is double-targeted, I think we will go into a Day 5, with a Kingmaker scenario (one in which the remaining Townie decides which scum faction will win, since it is at that point impossible for Town to win).

Our best decision is to No Lynch.

Vote: No Lynch

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
So if there is only one townie and one scum left going into the Day then the scum wins?

In that case, it's almost completely impossible for town to win lynching someone (it still is possible if a scum is lynched and the other scum decides not to nk for whatever reason, but that won't happen). The best hope for the town now is to hope that the two remaining factions nk each other. :dizzy:

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@SD: Soo... You're... For a No Lynch? I'm sort of confused on that because you didn't vote it but your post gave me the impression that you want one now.

#HBC | Dancer

I'm still waiting for an answer to this question:

So if there is only one townie and one scum left going into the Day then the scum wins?
I thought that scum had to have a majority to win the game, so if a townie and a scum went into Day 5 then wouldn't it be a draw?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for April 13, 2010 11:59AM EST.

It's takes 3/4 to lynch!

Day 4 Vote Count 1:
Clownbot: (0)
Super Smash Bros. Fan: (0)
Sworddancer.: (0)
Kirbyoshi: (0)
No Lynch: Kirbyoshi (:grrr:)

Not Voting: Clownbot, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Sworddancer. (:grrr: :grrr: :grrr:)

D

Deleted member

I've been thinking of other possibilities, but I really can't, so I'm inclinded to agree with Kirbyoshi.

Vote: No Lynch

If you wish for explaination, tell me.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@Sworddancer.: No. it would not be a draw. If any scum faction equals or outnumbers the rest of the game, they win. The reason the game is not over yet is that yes, there are 2 scum left, but they are of different factions. To put in in RL terms: If an average joe and a RL mafioso were to meet on a street and fight, who do you think would win? Same principle.

#HBC | Dancer

Alright thanks Kirbyoshi.

Well it since it really does look like there is no other way anyways. . .

Vote No Lynch

#HBC | Dancer

Why don't we still scum hunt? That way it would give the two scum factions a better chance of taking each other out.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 4 Ends & Night 4 Begins!

Day 4 Vote Count 2:
Clownbot: (0)
Super Smash Bros. Fan: (0)
Sworddancer.: (0)
Kirbyoshi: (0)
No Lynch: Kirbyoshi, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Sworddancer. (:grrr: :grrr: :grrr:)

Not Voting: Clownbot (:grrr:)

No Lynch has occurred.

Please send in Night Actions by April 9, 2010 11:59AM EST.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Night 4 Ends & Game Over!

The group is shuffled again amongst each other, however they quickly find two cards have been discarded!

Kirbyoshi, Town Vanilla, has died a brutal death!

Sworddancer., Werewolf, has died a brutal death!

The last two cards face each other. "Seems you've been outplayed."

Super Smash Bros. Fan, Town Mason, has been endgamed.

Clownbot, Mafioso, has survived!

Mayling has been reshuffled into the deck & Mafiosi win!

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Recap

N1:
Mafiosi murder: McFox
Werewolves murder: Mayling
N2:

Mafiosi murder: KevinM
Werewolves murder: Soaring-Raptor-Blast
N3:

Mafiosi murder: Guus
Werewolves murder: Guus
N4:

Mafiosi murder: Sworddancer.
Werewolves murder: Kirbyoshi

QuickTopics:
Masons: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/xkfG2jhZcp3v
Monks: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/vvJinCgq3bZPE
Mafiosi: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/8Qr3WrCgBbX6Y
Werewolves: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/CQzpc3DNUji

Set-Up:

KevinM - Werewolf
Sworddancer. - Werewolf
Clownbot - Mafiosi
Mayling - Mafiosi

Frown - Monk
Soaring-Raptor-Blast - Monk
Super Smash Bros. Fan - Mason
xxFrowhawkxx - Mason
Guus - Vanilla Townie
McFox - Vanilla Townie
Kirbyoshi - Vanilla Townie
RocketPSIence - Vanilla Townie

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I always love reading the quicktopics after the game ending. I TOTALLY loved Super Smash Brothers Fan's "guilt-ridden" post. It was way too darling.

D

Deleted member

Looks like we played an great game, right?

I must say I'm really surprised I manage to become endgamed.

#HBC | Dancer

From my quicktopic:

Clownbot-I kinda think this guy is the other mafia member. I can't explain, I just have a feeling (which is why I didn't make any cases against him in the Day, not enough to make a case)."
I so ****ing knew it.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It was either you or Kirbyoshi and I just pegged you as having more potential as a scum partner with Kevin. Maybe you could call it a lucky shot because it was a pretty close match.
Yeah, I'll probably need to work on my Mafia skills as scum. 9_9

You still played a great game, though. I had you pegged as town for a lot of the game.

EDIT: Lol, why was I never the kill?

#HBC | Dancer

I never knew!

I honestly thought that you were town the whole game, although by the end my suspicion of you went up a little bit.

Anyways good game everyone. Some shootouts:

KevinM (and §teel): Thanks for being so friendly and helpful. It was nice teaming with you. Sorry I couldn't win it, though. :(
Clownbot: You played a real good game! Nice win, you deserve it.
Mayling: Good game, you could of foolled me (I didn't nk because I thought you were mafia, I did it for other reasons).
Frown: Dedicate yourself a bit more. :embarrass
Soaring-Raptor-Blast: Good game. I have a question, though. In Day 1, what made you think I was scum/
Super Smash Bros. Fan: Nice effort, you really played this game hard. Also, you had it right on the money about me in Day 3, that was exactly what I was trying to do. Just work on your reasoning a bit and you'll be a real good mafia player!
xxFrowhawkxx: Sorry about lynching you and all, I was just playing the game. I suggest joining Newbie Mafia 6 to get more practice.
RocketPSIence: Sorry that you got tunneled so hard, I hope that that doesn't discourage you.
Guus/McFox/Kirbyoshi- Good games you three.

I think being scum helped me with my town game more than being a townie would have, so I'm glad that my I was scum in my first game, since in most of my Mafia games I'm going to be a townie.

D

Deleted member

@Sworddancer: Thanks for the critique! I really do apperatice it. Here's to hoping DBZ Mafia goes well for you (If you get in). BTW, you played an excellent job.

As for me, I'm currently in Newbie Mafia 934 in Mafiascum and The Muppet Mafia in here. The next Mafia games I'm planning to join are Newbie Mafia 6 (As an Semi-Experienced player) and Tree Stump Mafia.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
If Mayling and I had both survived to D2, I wouldve definitely gotten her lynched. Totally knew you were scum once you pushed on me.

The problem Mayling and I have is that if one of us posts something that isn't exactly what the other person is thinking, then the second person knows that the first is the opposite alignment, and the first knows that the second knows they are scum. Mayling and I should not be opposite alignments in mafia. :p

Good job winners. I didn't watch the thread much since I died N1, so I don't have ant specific critiques for anyone, beyond anything I may have said to anyone D1. I wasn't being overly helpful in order to appear town (Mayling ;)), I actually was town and trying to help people.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well played by most people proven by the fact that it went to a steamy foursome at the end.

Xiivi's setups for newbie games look really simple and fun. I'd really love to see that played by a bunchof vets.

:059:

Top Bottom