• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 3 | Jungle Republic | Ovah. Who won?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ok look, WIFOM is not something to be instantly dismissed. This is a big problem in mafia games at the moment. The truth is a WIFOM argument can be a valid argument: it just requires one to put a bit of thought into it to realize whether it is a BS argument or a valid one. But they should not be instantly dismissed. In FFVII mafia, I had an entire case against FF (who was a mafia member) that was about half based on WIFOM which at least 2 other people dismissed because he called it WIFOM. Town ended up losing. Keep it in mind.

As for role claiming, I'm pretty sure we can, we just can't quote a mod pm. Just paraphrase it. Again tho, there is a problem in that any one can lie about a role, so any role claim we receive we have to take with a grain of salt.

AS for being nervous, don't be. We're all really nice. As long as you aren't scum. ;)

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ronike

sometimes they only use wifom in their arguments. for forum mafia, there needs to be more substance than just wifom arguments.

imo anyways.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Well yes, arguments can't just be based off of wifom, but a myth going around DGs is that all wifom is pointless and should immediately be dismissed. This is not true.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh, and guys, if your wondering why I dismissed it as WIFOM was not because of laziness. It was because it was easily dismissed as WIFOM and on my scum partner. If it's easily dismissed then it's what I'm going to do. So, in all honesty, that callout had validity behind it, but with a purpose. :]

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Confirmation

Mystery Man A confirming. Ooh...first post on this forum for me!

Nice to see you for those that know me,
Nice to meet you for those that don't.

(P.S. I'm Cirno)

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Hi! Thanks for inviting me on this forum. I'm looking forward to see how forum play is different from AIM play.

I'm Mayling and Cello's sister. My aim is tandoravonsydow. I don't play Smash but I've enjoyed meeting all you Smash players! Good luck and have fun!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Newb here.

Since the spots are full, I guess I'll go ahead and sign up as a replacement.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Role Pms are out. It is now Day 1.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes for a lynch

A deadline has been set for the last second of Saturday, November 28, EST

Ronike

Smash Ace
vote xiivi[\b]

he has too many posts to be telling the truth, and I believe in lynch all liars. Let's go

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
vote xiivi because he voted mayling and also for the sake of a wonderful wonderful bandwagon

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
How did Xiivi get that many posts? That's absurd.
And also, just to let you guys know, Me and a lot of the other KY guys are going to be at a tourney tomorrow. I don't think we're going to be posting from the venue.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Hello, new players, welcome to the RVS. Please drop a vote for whatever random reason you please. Make sure you pay attention to the number of votes a player has and the number needed to lynch though! I won't forgive anyone for dropping a vote at L-1 (The number of votes required for a lynch [7] minus one [6]) and claiming they didn't realize it! Unless it's Mayling who we lynch. Feel free to drop some votes on her because she's a big bad werewolf. :)

Ronike mentioned Lynch All Liars. This is a good policy to enforce! However, Ronike actually lied in that post he made there. In FFVII mafia, he lied about his role! He knew he was lying! Yet he didn't vote himself. Thus it's plainly obvious he does not believe in LAL and was lying in that post as well. Feel free to drop your votes on him for this.

Finally we have Tom. Tom's vote is a good example of OMGUS. Once he saw that I had found out his werewolf partner Mayling and voted for her, he immediately took to the offense and voted me in return. Another great lynch candidate!

Here is a Glossary of mafia terms and abbreviations.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Makes sense. Pit said you're not ready yet, and you got offended, ehhh!

Also, quick question. No editing of past posts, right? Double post is preferred?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Xiivi said:
vote: mayling

she's a big bad werewolf
By the way, was there any particular reason you said werewolf specifically
and not some kind of bad guy in general?
I think a person trying to vote under the guise of the RVS might subconsciously
think in terms of his or her own scum type.

Xiivi said:
Please drop a vote for whatever random reason you please.
I've seen many players on mafiascum.net who were able to change the RVS into
an actual fact gathering session. Encouraging otherwise seems unproductive.
Unless you were going to ask people why they randomly voted the way they did?

Xiivi said:
I won't forgive anyone for dropping a vote at L-1 and claiming they didn't realize it!
Is that because scum would never vote hammer and it would likely be a quick lynch
due to an overeager inexperienced townie player? (Eyes Tandora)
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for being careful when we get so close to lynch. But since I know some people here are fairly new, such as Tandora and raptor, it's important to explain that such a quick vote would cast suspicion on people who are otherwise more likely innocent than not can only be harmful to us all.

Xiivi said:
Unless it's Mayling who we lynch. Feel free to drop some votes on her because she's a big bad werewolf.
Indeed...

Xiivi said:
In FFVII mafia...
Do you have a link to this game? I'd like to read it in order to see how people in this game
played in it. Also, was everyone's alias the same (that participated) or are there any names I should know?

Finally we have Tom. Tom's vote is a good example of OMGUS.

That's not OMGUS. That's bandwagoning, and he stated as such himself.
This sounds more like you trying to use an easily exploitable and memorable term
to garner favor for your opinion. I've only played once with Tom, and it was in AIM, not
forum, but I don't think he'd try an obviously scummy bus early on.
Have you played with him before? Can you point me to a game that suggests otherwise?

Xiivi said:
...his werewolf partner Mayling...

Right...

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Vote Hilt for being a grammar nazi and for beating me yesterday. :mad:

Top Bottom