• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 3 | Jungle Republic | Ovah. Who won?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer

wouldve liked to see more of -hilt- and mayling. hilt came off as very thoughtful and didnt seem to be suspected by many. maylings posts were awesome but i think her biggest problem was being too loyal to her friends and thus ended up defending them more than i think shed have if shed been more objective. still she was one of my favorite players and im sad that she had to be replaced
Sometimes I tunnel like cello but instead of thinking everyone's guilty, I'll tunnel innocence. I think Tandora gets the most benefit from this, but I'mma stop letting her do it. I'm lucky to not have been nightkilled by wolves considering I mentioned her in my headlines so often.

if only I coulda said why I thought Raptor was innocent, or rather why I knew. Prolly woulda been game-changing... (Spoiler: if Raptor is talkative and seems scummy = innocent. if he's quiet and seems scummy = guilty.)

Grats to Cello, Greggu, and Eric.

and a special thanks for marshy for modding.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Eric played a great game and it became clear his strategy was well suited for this game. Eric was very smart for not arguing with anybody IMO.

I also think Frozenflame, Xiivi, Cello, and Mayling all played very good games.
I'm sad that Tom had to quit =(

:002:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Congratulations to the winners and good game by everyone. :3 This was a fantastic game.

I would love to see some of you sign up for Boondock Saints mafia.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha it's true Delvro, but remember I replaced in just a couple days before the deadline and the hammer had been placed on you before I got my next opporotunity to postXD

I think town and scum both played well overall though, don't get me wrong. While I'm surprised Eric pulled it off, this was definitely the strongest played newbie game so far, and I definitely hope you guys stick around:) I just felt like bragging that I knew the scum N1XD

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
BIGGEST. CATASTROPHE. EVER.

We let the perfect game go and ended up losing to an inactive. FML

No johns I know. I suck too, I thought Eric was innocent before endgame got underway.

I think I'm a curse in Newbie games. Both games I've been in, we've had wins in front of us on a silver platter and we manage to botch it. XD

Two major lessons for everyone to take out of this game:

1: METAGAMING IS COMPLETE AND UTTER ****. DON'T DO IT.

2: DON'T EVER LET A CONSTANT INACTIVE/LURKER GET A FREE RIDE TO ENDGAME. EVER.

Also, these two posts were the key to the right decision in endgame:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9220043&postcount=600

Perfect callout. Even though Eric was posting he didn't take ANY strong stances. If you don't ABSOLUTELY KNOW what to do in that situation, you're feigning ignorance. Classic scum slip. Show cased here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9221705&postcount=603

Emphasis on: "how the hell are you mafia, srb?"

Any true townie in that situation doesn't say BS like that lol. You know KNOW the other guy is scum.

*sigh* Oh well, 'twas a fun game all. Butting heads with Cello was fun. =P

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
you're right frozen. after i hammered i looked back on that post and the "for now... vote srb" , "how the hell are you scum srb?", and the "make this day last, steel" suddenly made me think i made the wrong decision. and i did, so **** me for not reading closely enough on his posts and good **** to him.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Hurray for the "nice" mafia!

Eric! I told you you'd take it all the way for us.

Thanks to Marshy for modding. Thanks to all the ICs for playing with us. I'm really glad other people had interest in our game, too.

@TUSM, ...I'm sowwies!

@Frozen That just means you have to keep signing up for Newbie games! We need our record to remain intact. =D

God, I thought my heart was going to explode with that last Day. I kept checking back, like, all the time. Even when I should have been paying attention elsewhere. >.<

I can't help thinking that the wolves won the game for us, or played a big part at least.
Still, it was definitely a fun game for me. I think my team was a bit flustered working with me, but it worked out in the end. I'll prolly sign up for another game, but only play one or two at a time. I don't have the endurance of you young'uns.

GG, all!

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
i think you definitely have promise cello please do play here and i love when you post cus i get to look at your avy and i dont even know who it is

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
shew, is it rly considered lurking when i couldnt actually post?
=[ cause it was my goal not to lurk

Chaco

Never Logs In
i think you definitely have promise cello please do play here and i love when you post cus i get to look at your avy and i dont even know who it is
Oh how I love you, Steel.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Night 1:

notes and comments

tandora and sold2 played a good game. sold2's downfall was his failure to have more of a presence. i think hed have lasted longer if he did. tandora was excellent and managed to keep under the radar for quite a while. i think her biggest mistake was not going with the momentum that a xiivi lynch had d4. from her perspective she'd KNOW that xiivi was the werewolf...so why no push? it was a classic scum slip. she was pinned regardless but eh might as well bring a townie down with you. i think mentos was a good n1 kill but hilt on n2 was a mistake i think. hilt wasnt suspected much but neither was frozen/ronike/xiivi and they were the better scumhunters[/end quote]

Thanks for the praise.

I definitely dropped the ball on D4. I played the noob card too hard and too long.

I knew S2 was gonna die on D2, so before he died I contacted him and asked who I should lynch. I figured if I let my buddy choose the next death, it would keep any potential heat off me. Our goals were to kill townies at night and mafia hunt during the day so we could be on "good" lynches instead of being responsible for mislynches.

I feel I should have lynched Xiivi instead of FF. I think FF may have still had wolf vibes from his tunneling with Cello in retrospect.

Thanks for the game guys!

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@eric, yes it is if you don't post in the V/LA thread. And still, if you stay away too long, then you're bound to be a suspect.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
cello marls avi is cirno from Touhou

if tha thasnt been answered yet.

Top Bottom