• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 3 | Jungle Republic | Ovah. Who won?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
the answer is fairly obvious to me at this point but im going to make sure i dont make a mistake and take my time with this. you two can feel free to build cases on each other in the mean time.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
ugh i thought we had it >.<
how the hell are you mafia, srb?

and stop blaming my inactivity. if i have to start posting my unofficial transcripts to show you why college out prioritized mafia (im suspended in the college of engineering), and scan the receipt of us buying a kerosene heater then I flipping will. im sure that im so scummy that i would even stage mayling getting on here to let u guys know that i still care about this game and that i dont have internet access, just so i can buy more leisure time. the game didnt have to progress as fast as it did and I asked for you all to wait up on me. for now all you have is my word that I was not lurking. find something else to pick on me about.

as for what I have to pick on you with, I rly dont know atm. I didn't expect this turn out. I'll do my research and see what I can come up with.

for now...
Vote: SRB

make this day last, steel.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
also, srb, I'm curious.
why didnt you give ronike time to speak his mind before quick lynchin him?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I was sure that Ronike was scum, and Steel wanted me to hammer. So i did. I am not blaming your activity. I'm blaming you for not contributing when you are active!

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Let's just say that i can understand not being too active, but when you did post, you should have posted the excuse and something of substance. Yet you just posted an excuse every time you posted basically.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
hey swords know how i know you're scum?

Hmm. Interesting. Hilt was very suspicious of Cello before he was NK'ed. Makes me think that Cello may be our other werewolf, but it's too WIFOMey to tell.

I'd like it if Cello did not tunnel like he did yesterday. We got lucky with our lynch on Sold2. So far it's been epic win for town. Let's keep it that way.

Not going to vote Cello yet, as he's at L-3.
I'm fine if someone wants to hammer. If not, then i will answer Xivi's question and then hammer.
That said. people are suspicious of me and cello, which i think is kinda bogus. I mean... I guess I see why I would be a suspect because I'm not as helpful as most people here, but I just dont get the attacks against him. it seems like he has been doing a great deal of scum hunting, and to me, it seems pretty honest.

I'm starting to suspicious of the people that are agreeing with may and her janky jank attack. I would most definately not clear the people she did, for the reasons she stated.

and one more thing i noticed...

I dont think he was basing anything off the fact that he GOT a response from you. the fact that you lied in your response (or chose to leave out the fact that you WERE mafia for at least part of that game) made you seem pretty suspicious.... to me anyway

so

FoS: frozen flame
hey eric know how i know you're scum?

cus you never contributed **** the entire game and instead just coasted by every day by giving us your real life excuses. too much fluff not enough help.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
hey swords mayling pegged you and your scum buddies in the beginning of d2 we should have listened to her :/

Daaang, this is what I get for being lazy and busy at the same time.

the first thing I want to address is lol at delvro's confession of being scum and attempt to stay alive as scum. even tho this is my 2nd mafia, I can guess that that doesn't happen too often haha. if any of you were wondering what I would have done with the delvro scenario, i would have probably have waited a little before laying down the hammer just to see if he would spit out any more information. but then again I guess that could be a bad idea considering he is scum and he's moreso worrying about his own sake and his pals than anyone else. regardless, I am for the vote ^_^
eric this sounded so fake, you must be scum.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Cello: I have been thinking along the same lines as tandora with him. I seriously doubt an anti-town role would go through all that trouble and that is why I have been pretty sure of his innocence.
stop being scum

Raptor's logic was sort of bad. He posted quite a few one-liners and wasn't that active. He has probably the scummiest playstyle i've seen in a while. SRB was saying stuff like "Yay! Mayling doesn't think i'm scum anymore!" C'mon, you really need to step up your playstyle SRB. He wasn't really trying to compile a case against anyone either, just going on wagons that looked like they had potential. *sigh* I'm sort of in a tight spot right now because of all these mistakes.

More later.
"the guy i replaced was so obvious scum so please ignore those posts"

eric your posts are all fluff you really gotta stop being so scum or im gonna scum you down.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
lol §teel

I'm making a post that's going to break down each Day and why I only posted what I did or explaining each post and how I saw them as contributive (and of course responding to both of you). I won't have it up until at least tomorrow night. im at my friend's right now.

here's some of it tho of what i wrote last night:

---------
"I see what you're saying. It's been hard getting my feet wet. I'm not trying to play the newbie card, but it's hard to take action when you don't quite pick up on things as well as others do. A lot of the lynches made this game, I've been so impressed over because I never saw how you guys came up with the conclusion to lynch someone. It seemed, at times, like random bandwagons hence why I wasn't always voting on the person being lynched.

But I've done a lot more in this game than I did in my first mafia (which is still ongoing). At first, my activity was feeling forced because school was just being stupid and bombarding me more than usual. & I wasn't even enjoying the game. The more I began to participate and contribute to what I believed was going on, the funner it got and the more I wanted to stay involved. And I feel like when I could, I was involved enough not to be considered lurking or lacking substance. and I'm going to break up my progress by Days:"
---------

I don't mean to make my lack of ambition to lead in causing a lynch be because of my lack of experience (that's just a bad sentence lol, i hope you understand it [in a hurry]), but I really don't know how else to explain it. The more I saw examples of how to address my opinions and contribute to the game, the more I thought I was catching on and helping out (despite my inactivity). I thought that was what newbie mafia was all about. Picking up on the hang of the game and working from there. im sorry if it doesnt seem like I improved and kept the same fluffy playstyle throughout the game, but I feel like I know a lot more of what I'm doing now than I did when I started. And, I actually enjoy the game a lot more now =]

more soon <3

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
well swords im about to hammer you for your defense of cello and not voting him the day everyone was all for his lynch and for raptor's defense of cello. ok?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
That's because you're the Seer, and i'm the last VT. I wasn't defending Cello at all. It would have been easy for him to be quicklynched, and i wasn't entirely sure if he was scum. Raptor was an idiot when he was defending cello. He was like the prime suspect of that day, and yet raptor defends him. *sigh* gosh, he's made a bunch of newbie mistakes.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
just got home and im hecka sleepy. ill post tomorrow afternoon.

srb, what is "VT?" im guessing T = town.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Day1
Haha, the first Day is kind of embarrassing looking back on.
Almost all of my moves seemed shady when really I was just being goofy like I've been in the other mafia game. That's why Mayling understood my style and backed me up on it. But I could see it wouldn't fly here and I'm glad it didn't cause I didn't feel like I was playing how mafia should be played in the AiB game.
Delvro did get lynched without me being able to have time to review why he was doomed. I got home to find him hammered without looking over the last few pages of that day.
Day 1 was a fail Day for me. I looked stupid and I'm surprised people didn't ride me harder for that Day; I know I deserved it.

Day2
This Day was probably even worse, at least at the first few days over it. I should have been lynch-meat that Day too. Although I was busy during Thanksgiving break visiting family, I was also very lazy. And I confessed that. I FoS'd Hilt and S2 in a poor attempt to show activity. I explained myself here:
In all honesty, this was horrible play on my part. I made this move because I hated being inactive so long and I felt that I need to take some initiative because I feel like the heat likes to build on me whenever I'm not vocal enough (which is more than understandable). In result, I skimmed through the pages looking for people that I felt, at first glance, contributed the least. These two had been contributing in small doses, but much more than I. But, as I've always been told, it isn't the size that counts and after reading through from the Cello v FF debate to now, I've noticed that both have gave their reasoning and their beliefs. I've actually grown quiet fond to Hilt's posts which I will touch up on a little further within this post. But for now, I'm removing my FoS on Hilt and S2.
Post 318 (which the quote is from) felt like my payment for my inactiveness. It took me hours to come up with that post cause reading through the cello v ff debate was simply unbearable lol. This was the point, though, when I really felt like I was playing Mafia. I was doing my research and acting upon people's behaviors. I felt so accomplished after that post. Problem was, Finals Week approached and I had a final every day and then 2 on Friday. You could lynch me, replace me, whatever me and I would not have swayed from studying cause I simply couldn't afford doing less than my best cause I had a ~2.0 gpa avg. And it paid off, I got a 3.3 gpa and I felt so good about myself (especially after deciding what I really wanted to do with my life). It definitely didn't help that the posts remained lengthy in the meantime. My last final was on the 11th (then had to get everything packed), I had a tourney on the 12th (got home at like 6 am), spent the 13th catching up on rest and catching up on mafia, and the 14th I posted. To me, that sounds reasonable. I began caring more about the game cause I felt more involved and from there on out it became a top priority.
S2 was lynched and the day was over.
I didn't vote Day 2 cause I wasn't very sure how you people saw the guy as scum, but I did notice similarities between him and Tanny:

I
S2
He's been really noncontribuitive until this mass wave of votes came into play. Now he's here, he's there, he's everywhere. Though I do pardon your busy johns, I don't pardon your lack of interest ones. Either get in or get out. Don't be interested just bc the heat is on you now.

Tandora
Reminds me a bit like S2. Just judging from her habits of posting and sort of her attitude. I have nothing on her really though except for the want of seeing where she goes with a little pressure on her.For now, I'm for the S2 lynch, for later, my interests are toward Tandora.
Day3
This Day went by so quick! I saw the deadline for the Night action and took me a day or 2 breather, came back to see you guys all over Cello. I think he was even at L-1 when I logged on and posted. I understood why he was hammered, but I had rather that someone else hammer him with a better reason than I had from Day 2.

Day4
I don't even like thinking about Day 4. The same day Cello was lynched was the day my power went out. I had to get internet in the jankiest ways, I hated it. And I knew it wasn't helping my inactivty trends out. But I was so back and rdy to play! Not fair. =[ I thought that it would be appreciated that I kept you all updated and even suggested you guys lynching me if it helped the progression of the game for town, but I didn't recommend it; I'd like a better reason than inactivty be the the death of me.
I voted for Tandora cause she did feel like scum to me after this post:
I wish I was more confident I could convince you guys that I'm innocent. Unfortunately for me, every time in the past I get lynched. You're making a big mistake killing me. You cannot depend on Mr Eric's support. Assuming his reasons are valid and not just scum cannon fodder, I'm not the wolf! I hate to say I'm town, but I AM TOWN!

I've given valid reasons for all of my actions throughout the whole game. Eric has been inactive almost the whole way through and I feel SRB is hiding behind the fact he is a replacement. Please reconsider your votes!
and because I felt like going with my gut feeling that she and S2 did share similarities in how they played.

Day 5 and 6 has just been me following my gut. I never expected SRB being the final foe. And I'm still due to bring out an attack on you. I move back in to my dorm tomorrow (if weather permits), but that keep me from finding time to dig up scumminess on you; it has to be there.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Woah dang, sorry guys.

First, nice flip =]

I honestly took the Dec. 17 deadline to heart and took a little break from checking the mafia. And now it looks like we're all on speed lol.

I support the hammer if everyone's cool with it. It is funny though that once we're about to lay down the noose is when he stops tunneling. So... my suggestions are:

Lynch now and put our curiosities (for lack of a better word) to rest, or
observe him more to see how he reacts with all the pressure since now it isn't just a back and forth toss between him and FF.

whichever.
regardless, I'd like to put some pressure on some other players too, but that can definitely wait.

(where'd you guys get the speed? ;D)
eric you supposedly approved of hammering cello, however you didn't do it. then you suggested we keep him alive to see how he plays and "put some pressure on some other players."

how scum are you on a scale of 1-10? im feelin like around 9 what do you think

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
eric you supposedly approved of hammering cello, however you didn't do it. then you suggested we keep him alive to see how he plays and "put some pressure on some other players."

how scum are you on a scale of 1-10? im feelin like around 9 what do you think
Yes, I approved. This was the first post I had a chance to make coming into that Day. If he wasn't at L-1 already, I would have. But it was just a precaution to make sure that that's what people wanted for certain. If I'm not mistaken, other player(s) were put at L-1 before Cello and then the voting tide shifted.

I listed our options. It didn't matter a whole bunch what order they fell in. If this is your idea of me attempting to divert attention from my so called scum buddy, then I probably would have made a better attempt to do so. Such as giving someone specific and a good reason at why I think he/she is scum.

I just liked the fact that he wasn't tunneling any longer and wanted to hear more at what he had to say. Scum or not, all opinions are valued aren't they? I sure wish we didn't quick lynch Ronike now for that same reason.

If I'm a 9, why hasn't this game ended by now? I would say that my scumdar should be a 9 for my first few Days of play. My play was poor, Why would Cello and Delvro even want me in the end game for them? You know Cello didn't expect to live long cause he knew he was taking on a lot of heat for tunneling FF so much. If I was scum, §teel, I would probably have suggested that if Delvro's role claim was going to be the play for my team, then I should be the one to do it, cause a newb should definitely not try to be holding his own in the end game. I dont think I should even be here now. Cause if you do vote for me, it's prob cause im crappy at building cases and finding scum on people; I'm trying though and I'm not finished with SRB yet. This game has gone too well to mess that up.

Also, a key note. It turns out that I actually know Cello in rl and didn't realize he was who he was. I know Mayling very well cause we went to college together and we travel for smash a lot. I also know her brothers pretty good, Charlie and Jay. And I know her sister. I knew her sister was playing in the mafia cause it was either brought up or Maymay told me for some reason. I had no idea, though, that Cello was playing in it. Cello is Charlie. I found this out cause Tandora mentioned knowing his personality in rl. Since I knew Tandora in rl, I probably knew Cello so I asked her:
I know that some players here don't care for personal information regarding players, but I felt a need to speak up here. Cello does have a tendency to not let go of something once he has his teeth sunk into it. His tenacity can be very admirable, tbh, but it can also make him be overly stubborn. ^_~
I understand here.
How do you know Cello personally? o.O
He's my little brother.
I'm sure you'll say I set that was set up too.
But I guess that's how it should be cause you have to be sure.
I'm definitely not a vanilla townie though, cause I likes chocolate better. =]
(Why is it vanilla?)

nightnight.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Why would they want you in end game? You weren't a suspect around then, just someone who was really lurking. Besides, why would mafia want one of their scumbuddies dead? It's dumb logic, they need as many of themselves as they can to survive until endgame. else they wouldn't have a good chance of winning. (lol at the chocolate part)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
swords why does eric scream town to me

I'm pretty confident that steel isn't our last mafia,
this bugged me to no end, leaving the confirmed seer for some room to be a possible lynch target? why would you even make this comment?

just admit it if u are let me know

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Steel, i still think that you are clearing eric for bad reasons. He hasn't contributed much and now he's trying to appeal to you not lynching him by admitting that his play was bad and leaving it at that. Really? And no, i'm not scum.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
<3
For the record, all of my johns were legit and not scum ones.
And I really enjoyed the game. ty for being patient with me, guys.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Final Day Seven votecount (Who cares what #)

----------

SwordsRbroken (2) - Mister Eric, §teel
Mister Eric (1): SwordsRbroken

----------

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch!

SwordsRbroken, Townie, has been lynched Day 7

---------

Mister Eric slits §teel's (Seer) throat.

Delvro, Cello_Marl, and Mister Eric win for the Mafia. Congratulations!

mod stuff later

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
you didnt have to slit my throat i woulda joined you in your plan for evil :/

good **** to eric you wrecked our ****

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Sorry about that, steel! The slit slipped. xD
But I go suu lucky. I actually wanted Xiivi in the end game cause I thought he seemed a bit more scummish than SRB. Delvro, Cello, where you at?! I haven't spoke to those two in forever.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, how Eric won that I just flat out don't know. Not only from my reading along did I find him suspicious but he was one of the 3 people I called for remaining mafia at the end of N1. Called him and Cello/Hilt as the two remainingXD Didn't get a chance to post my suspicions before the day ended though:( Town shoulda had that though, Y'all let Eric's inactivity cause you to go at eachothers throats instead of goin at the scummiest person.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Swords, if you hadn't quicklynched me, I coulda told you all eric was scum. Dont quicklynch. Its bad.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Why is it that the last three times I've seen a quick-hammer, said person was town? First Cacti in Wonderland mafia, then Nix in TV allstar mafia, and then Swords here. :urg:

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Agree with mentos and ronike. That is definitely the last time that i ever quickhammer. I shouldn't have backed off of eric and hopped on Xiivi's wagon. Grr....

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Night 1:
Tandora/Sold2 kills mentosman8
Mayling investigates Cello_Marl

Night 2:
Tandora kills -Hilt-
§teel investigates Ronike

Night 3:
Tandora kills frozenflame751
§teel investigates Mister Eric

notes and comments:

congrats to the bgs eric cello and delvro. eric stalled, lurked, and played the hell out of the newbie card to victory and i was surprised to see cello halt the momentum frozen had going against him d2 and see sold2 lynched at the last minute

tandora and sold2 played a good game. sold2's downfall was his failure to have more of a presence. i think hed have lasted longer if he did. tandora was excellent and managed to keep under the radar for quite a while. i think her biggest mistake was not going with the momentum that a xiivi lynch had d4. from her perspective she'd KNOW that xiivi was the werewolf...so why no push? it was a classic scum slip. she was pinned regardless but eh might as well bring a townie down with you. i think mentos was a good n1 kill but hilt on n2 was a mistake i think. hilt wasnt suspected much but neither was frozen/ronike/xiivi and they were the better scumhunters

mentos was pretty boss. he replaced in like a few days before deadline, pinned delvro, and soaked up the nightkill. before tom replaced out he was right about all but 1 (2?) of his town reads

frozen was a g as usual. he caught onto cello when no one else did and i couldnt contemplate how cello wasnt lynched d2. did people just see his big posts and confidence and equate it to gg points? i think cello wouldve lasted much longer if it wasnt for frozen

steels choices for investigating were smart and he helped ease in the scum lynches. he was active and his posts were pretty good but his downfall was going xiivi/ronike as opposed to srb/mister eric. definitely on the up and up and improving

xiivi and ronike...you guys were on EVERY scum lynch. xiivi pushed the sold2 lynch out of nowhere. ronike was constantly pointing out scumtells and just making good arguments. as for turning on each other i think you both shouldve considered the final votecounts more. i know there was fear of bussing but still. with you both being on every scum lynch and the player list being steel/swords/eric/xiivi/ronike i think considering the votecounts more wouldve led town to going eric ----> swords or vice-versa with steel worrying about a lylo with ronike/xiivi later. i wanted to scream about how unlikely it was that they bussed both partners like that

i wanted to stab my eyes out every time xiivi declared eric town and how he was being generally ignored near endgame. felt like ronike/swords were the only ones watching him while steel/xiivi had him as "just a newb" and fell for his onslaught of appeals to emotion and excuses. however even frozen had eric lowest on his list after the game ended so eric did a good job of coming off as genuine

swords was pretty good but hammering ronike like that was a huge mistake. steel is partly to blame there as well. its a shame that ronike was busy near endgame because i think it mayve gone differently had he got a last word in before his lynch. xiivi ---> ronike were lynched with xiivi constantly declaring mister eric town while ronike just died without giving his final thoughts after the xiivi flip. i think this mayve affected steels decision process as steel latched onto xiivi for much of the game

wouldve liked to see more of -hilt- and mayling. hilt came off as very thoughtful and didnt seem to be suspected by many. maylings posts were awesome but i think her biggest problem was being too loyal to her friends and thus ended up defending them more than i think shed have if shed been more objective. still she was one of my favorite players and im sad that she had to be replaced

thanks for making this a breeze to mod. rarely had to prod anyone and this was one of the more active and shorter games. thanks to mentos steel and swords for being great replacements and keeping the games activity (and number of scum lynches!) healthy. tom was right about this group of players having a good feel for mafia

Top Bottom