• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 3 | Jungle Republic | Ovah. Who won?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
You guys are in a jungle that has werewolves and mafia members out to kill you. Lynch them.

Welcome to your first (or second! Or third!) game of Mafia at Smash World Forums! Mafia is a fairly easy-to-learn game of strategy, debate, and deception that I’m sure you will all find fun and engaging. Mafia can get pretty complicated pretty quickly, but some of the most fun games use only the basics – lucky for you, as the most basic games are also the best way to learn and the easiest way to jump into a new hobby. If you end up liking the game, you will be completely prepared to join one of the other regularly hosted games in Decisive Games, as well as make connections and good friends with the slew of regular players we have. (which includes a large amount of debaters, writers, broomers, and moderators... as well as totally awesome dGamers!)

The game is divided into Day phases and Night phases. Starting with Day 1, the whole group will play, talk, debate, argue, accuse, defend, and diplomatically vote who they think is mafia or werewolf. When a majority vote has been reached, that player will be lynched (killed off, eliminated) and you will find out if they were town, mafia, or werewolf. Then it becomes Night 1, and the townies to go “sleep” while the werewolves get together and choose someone to kill! Day 2 begins, you discover whom the mafia has killed at night, you regroup, and you hunt for the scum again!

Please read the rules, and if you need more help or are curious for more knowledge, click on the Optional Reading links. If have any questions, they are probably answered in the rules or the Optional Reading, but feel free to ask the game moderator (Marshy) anything you do not understand.

Optional Reading:

Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

Fundamentals:
1. Unless your role states otherwise, no communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread. That includes communication with living players, dead players, and non-players.
2. No faking a quoted mod PM (including pictures). Not even partial quoting.
3. Editing your posts is not allowed. If you make a spelling or grammar mistake, clarify what you mean in a second post.

Voting and Lynching:
4. All votes must be bolded (Vote: Virgilijus).
5. When changing your vote, you must unvote your previous vote before you revote. Your unvote must also be bolded (Unvote, Vote: Scumfever).
6. A lynch will occur when a majority has been reached. Day will end with a lynch.
7. You may vote for a 'no lynch' if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for to no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch. If the deadline comes and the 'no lynch' option does not have the majority vote but still has the most votes of any option, then there will be a no lynch.
8. If the deadline hits and a majority has not been found, no one will be lynched and night will begin.
9. If a lynch occurs, then the game enters Twilight, where all living players apart from the player who has been lynched are allowed to freely converse (but not allowed to cast any votes) until I post a death scene.
10. Once you are dead (flavor has been posted), you are allowed to make one final "bah go town/scum!" post, but nothing of substance.

Activity and Deadline:
11. I'm willing to extend deadlines in the event of extenuating circumstances. This is purposely left vague.
12. Treat this game as a commitment. You are requested to post at least once every 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in prodding. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances.
13. If you are unable to participate for a period longer than 72 hours, please PM me or post in thread.

Game-specific:
14. Do not post in Medium Turquoise

This is an Open game, with the following setup:

1 Seer
6 Townies
3 Mafia
2 Werewolves

Townie Role said:
Hi, [player name]! You are a simple Townie. You have a vote and a brain. You win when the Mafia and Werewolves are no more.
Seer Role said:
Hi, [player name]! You are a Seer. Each night, you may visit someone and see if they are a Werewolf, or are not a Werewolf. You win when the Mafia and Werewolves are no more.
Mafia Role said:
Hi, [player name]! You are a Mafia Goon, and are part of the Mafia, along with PLAYERNAME and PLAYERNAME, who are also Goons. You may converse with them at any time through any means of communication, but you are a nice person and are therefore unable to make a night kill. You win when either a) you make up a full majority of the town, or b) if you make up half and one pro-town role is still alive.
Werewolf Role said:
Hi, [player name]! You are a Werewolf, along with PLAYERNAME, who is also a Werewolf. You may converse with him at any time through any means of communication, and every night, you may nightkill someone. You win when either a) you make up a full majority of the town, or b) if you make up half and one pro-town role is still alive.

Champion of the jungle
8. Mister Eric, (Mafia Goon)

Dead in the jungle
6. Delvro, (Mafia Goon), lynched D1
1. mentosman8* - replaces Tom*, (Townie), killed N1
10. Sold2, (Werewolf), lynched D2
11. -Hilt- (Townie), killed N2
5. Cello_Marl (Mafia Goon), lynched D3
3. frozenflame751* (Townie), killed N3
12. Tandora, (Werewolf), lynched D4
4. Xiivi*, (Townie), lynched D5
2. Ronike*, (Townie), lynched D6
7. SwordsRbroken - replaces soaring-raptor-blast, (Townie), lynched D7
9. §teel* - replaces Mayling, (Seer), endgamed

-Replacements-
1. Today
2. The_Truth
3. Kirbyoshi

* = dGamers. They are here to help "show you the ropes", explaining strategy and providing both good and bad examples of play.

Day 1: Start | End
Day 2: Start | End
Day 3: Start | End
Day 4: Start | End
Day 5: Start | End
Day 6: Start | End
Day 7: Start | End

Night actions & Mod notes and comments

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
confirming!

this setup is really fun, and this is the game i said i would get you all involved in.

so show up and lets play some forum mafia :D

only friendly people! no jerks allowed!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
The spots are full but all newbies should feel free to join in case people flake. Game starts when nearly every player confirms interest in-thread

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Hello! "Azumarill" is me.
Thanks for getting this organized so fast guys. I'd like to throw it out there though that a majority of us are coming from playing Mafia in AIM or on AllIsBrawl. Nonetheless, nice to meet you, Marshy (as well as the dGamers, who I assume will be nice to meet.)

A quick question.
"You guys are in a jungle that has werewolves and mafia members out to kill you. Lynch them."
Both? Or is this for us to figure out?

I'll inform the others.

Edit: I didn't read that it was open set-up. Alright then.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
no jerks allowed!!

Boo, I'd rather see a C9. :(
that's because you're crazy. jungle republic is best setup.

Yay @ Soldier2 for confirming! make sure to make sure everyone else gets the memo :)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also not that it's my place since I'm not in this game but a formal welcome to all the new blood, hope you guys all have fun and Tom you better win this for me in spirit!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Yay. Newcomers.

Can't wait to see what they're made of.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Agreed with Kev on welcoming everyone :) also, town better win this one... Too many maf wins in newbie games *glares at Marshy*

Chaco

Never Logs In
that's because you're crazy. jungle republic is best setup
Nuh-uh, I just think C9s are more beneficial to newer/first time players because they do not require odd mechanics. I'm not saying Jungle republic is really odd, but goons with no NK, and the werewolf can throw quite a twist for beginners. That's my opinion though, which I shall keep it at that. Because, I am no expert in the slightest.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
imo jungle republic is nice for new players because theres almost a 1/2 chance that you are in some kind of interaction with another player outside of the thread without the game being unbalanced. and also there is a fair amount of scum to catch to make town feel p good about themselves. :]

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
sounds scary to me. the **** i look like going out into the jungle with mafia and werewolves anyway. ****s crazy.

N0 - Omni, The Smart Coward, has run away from the jungle.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
**** right you're running from me. FEAR THE JUNGLE MOTHER****ER

K ill stop posting here now.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, I had talked with the user Clownbot about playing in a Newbie Game, so maybe he can join this one as one of the 2 mystery men if there ends up being room.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Beware Narutochu (aka Tom). He speaks nice things, but is really a jerk face and will kill you all as he is a werewolf. The pm afforementioned by Xivii told me so.

In other words, I are t3h interested.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Assface confirming.

If no jerks are allowed in this game, not sure how I got in. =P

Also, we SHOULD have won newbie #1. I laid that **** out for the town line by line and town still somehow managed to botch it in lylo. >_>

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
confirming.

Mystery Man A is my sister? and Mystery man B my brother? also, curious.. how did vamp get in on this? i'd prefer someone else (eric.)

i'll let them know ...prolly today that this game is going.

* = dGamers. They are here to help "show you the ropes", explaining strategy and providing both good and bad examples of play.
makes me a lil nervous. some of these people that we're inviting have styles heavily influenced by their personalities. is that going to be a problem?

to me peeps:
i'm not sure if these issues will be a problem in this game but i'm stating it now:

1) no noob claims. *eyes tanny* yall should know this game well enough by now.
2) no telling me not go on past games. *eyes s2* since this is thread mafia i prolly won't anyway.
3) no confusion claims. *eyes the wall* it's thread mafia so a lot slower.
4) be wary of wifom (http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Wifom) *eyes tanny/matthew*
5) no being too cool for school *eyes tom*

so seers can only find werewolves? or can they find mafia too? was that just lingo confusion, or... also, is role claiming allowed?

thanks to tom and marshy for putting this together. :037:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
You'll notice that everyone's style of play shows their personality. It's nothing to worry about, just when theres a flaw in your style of play, learn from it and move on. :)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@mayling:

whoever you would prefer to be involved in the game, just tell them to come post here saying that they are from your group and they are ready to play. if you would prefer eric over vamp simply tell eric to come post here and dont tell vamp.

we just need you guys to get everyone to make an account and post here.

seers can only find werewolves not mafia.

and dont worry about personalities and playstyles. another reason why we have 4 dgamers on the list is just so that we all get to meet and play with you guys. :]

Top Bottom