• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 3 | Jungle Republic | Ovah. Who won?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
21st Vote Count

----------

Xiivi (1) - Ronike
Ronike (1) - §teel

Not voting (3): Xiivi, SwordsRbroken, Mister Eric
----------

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Why is everyone clearing the super lurker? Did I miss something? I really think xiivi's our man here, and if not than it's srb (especially due to his last post trying to reopen steel as a lynch target while trying to get the last two vets killed), but hey, do Whatcha gotta do. Just explain why everyone is clearing Eric.
Explain how i made steel a lynch target? I said i'm pretty confident that he isn't scum! How is that making him a lynch target? But yes, everyone does seem to be clearing Eric. He may just be scum trying to lurk his way into victory. But still, you and Xivii seem to be a better lynch target.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
i suppose ill unvote because id like mister eric to actually post something of substance instead of just saying hey guys giving you an update im still alive ^_^

admittedly i didn't think xiivi's argument was very strong for most of the reasons you said ronike. i was trying to get something to happen, and i didnt think you were actually going to respond to xiivi so i tossed my vote on you. ill give it more time.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Explain how i made steel a lynch target? I said i'm pretty confident that he isn't scum! How is that making him a lynch target? But yes, everyone does seem to be clearing Eric. He may just be scum trying to lurk his way into victory. But still, you and Xivii seem to be a better lynch target.
why aren't you 100% sure? and can you give us any reasoning why they are better targets? once you and eric post i will give my thoughts and start the wagon4real.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
vote: Mister Eric

Steel you should L-1 him; no good reason for Ronike/SRB to hammer him and we'll probably get a better response from him the next time he does post. Especially if he skims and just sees he's close to a lynch.

Was pointing out what I felt were connections Ronike. On a scumminess scale, SRB wins.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Heys,
I'm at the YMCA daycare again volunteering and my co-workers are cool with letting me go to the office and get a little internet time for a change. If this pattern keeps up, I'll be on around this time for about 30 min every day (if i come every day). I'm sorry to say though that mafia isn't all that I do, and I just don't have time to make a post with substance in it at the moment. I like what Ronike is doing. I recommend that you do put pressure on me and give me time to give you my piece of mind. I shouldn't be in the clear. Granted, I am a noob, it isn't for the good of the game just to ride this through on johns. And I feel like crap bc that's what I've been doing. I haven't had a choice and I thought that coming home would make things better but $hit happens I've learned =[. I can only ramble so much though...so I'm just going to leave with this for today:

I appreciate the pressure because it lets me know that I'm not being left out, and I don't want to be. I'm doing what I can to check up on Suddenlink to see if they're making any progress. I have another rl friend that is having the issue and I'm calling and hasseling them from both residences just to remind them that we don't have it. I'm about to dub them Suddenstink if this keeps on.

If you guys want to go ahead and lynch me just so the game will progress, I don't mind. I just would like to finish it out with a legit excuse since I've made it this far...and I feel it would be best for town if every decision from here on out was done from good reasoning and not my stupid johns.

If worse comes to worse, would getting a replacement help? I'd hate to do that to someone so late into this game, but if it helps you all...

i'm doing what i can.

get back to you guys soon,
later.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Heys,
I'm at the YMCA daycare again volunteering and my co-workers are cool with letting me go to the office and get a little internet time for a change. If this pattern keeps up, I'll be on around this time for about 30 min every day (if i come every day). I'm sorry to say though that mafia isn't all that I do, and I just don't have time to make a post with substance in it at the moment. I like what Ronike is doing. I recommend that you do put pressure on me and give me time to give you my piece of mind. I shouldn't be in the clear. Granted, I am a noob, it isn't for the good of the game just to ride this through on johns. And I feel like crap bc that's what I've been doing. I haven't had a choice and I thought that coming home would make things better but $hit happens I've learned =[. I can only ramble so much though...so I'm just going to leave with this for today:

I appreciate the pressure because it lets me know that I'm not being left out, and I don't want to be. I'm doing what I can to check up on Suddenlink to see if they're making any progress. I have another rl friend that is having the issue and I'm calling and hasseling them from both residences just to remind them that we don't have it. I'm about to dub them Suddenstink if this keeps on.

If you guys want to go ahead and lynch me just so the game will progress, I don't mind. I just would like to finish it out with a legit excuse since I've made it this far...and I feel it would be best for town if every decision from here on out was done from good reasoning and not my stupid johns.

If worse comes to worse, would getting a replacement help? I'd hate to do that to someone so late into this game, but if it helps you all...

i'm doing what i can.

get back to you guys soon,
later.
I'm tired of you posting a long post of excuses i'd rather you post something of substance instead, whether it be often or not. You've done nothing but post excuses as to why you can't play, and it's getting annoying. And the n00bie thing doesn't help you either. What if i made that excuse? i haven't played very many mafia games, and i'm not that good at them either, but we can't excuse you from a lynch because you're a newbie.

unvote if i had one; Vote: Mister Eric

Xivii seems to want to clear Mister Eric for nearly no reasoning. Xivii just said that Eric wasn't scum after eric made his most recent post, and it was just made up of excuses. My lynch pool goes like Xivii/MisterEric (pick one), then ronike.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Lol, no, more like, Oh my Gosh you suck (for voting me because i was suspicious of you).

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I was expecting someone else to have posted something here, but the activity is small. Xiivi doesn't seem to want to stack a case against me, but seems to just want to lynch me because "it's either Swords or Ronike." Give me a break. This is what i have to say to you:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Oh My God....I have internet! :D I just came home and it was workin =]

*dances*

I just got back from hanging out with my friends all day so I'm uber tired.

I'll do what I cans to catch up and post something tomorrow

latuhz

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
ive done a lot of rereading again this morning. i will have, most likely, a large post this afternoon or this evening, tomorrow at the very latest.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
grr long day again, i will definitely have something to post tomorrow.
i hope everyone is having a killer new years =]

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Why is everyone clearing the super lurker? Did I miss something? I really think xiivi's our man here, and if not than it's srb (especially due to his last post trying to reopen steel as a lynch target while trying to get the last two vets killed), but hey, do Whatcha gotta do. Just explain why everyone is clearing Eric.
I don't agree with being cleared. But I also don't agree with being called out for lurking. idk if it's an example of OMGUS for being offended that my winter break has been the shi**iest since I can remember and people getting ticked over it. I've went out of my way to set my laptop up while volunteering at work when I'd rather be with kids, I spent christmas eve in an empty house of my aunt's so I could leech internet and post, and i had to leech wireless from a mcdonald's parking lot on my trip back home just to order xmas gifts. I'm not lurking.

I'm tired of you posting a long post of excuses i'd rather you post something of substance instead, whether it be often or not. You've done nothing but post excuses as to why you can't play, and it's getting annoying. And the n00bie thing doesn't help you either. What if i made that excuse? i haven't played very many mafia games, and i'm not that good at them either, but we can't excuse you from a lynch because you're a newbie.
Would you rather I not go out of my way to keep up with you guys, or should I just not post anything and be prodded? I let you know I'm doing what I can, and that I hope you guys can wait up on me, I thought I was doing the right thing; guess not. I even said to go ahead and lynch me if you like. Nothing in that post was me playing the newbie card. Granted I did play it early on because I didn't know much about the game and still don't. I was wanting to learn.

Xii, I'm a bit worried about you clearing me so much. In a sense, it sort of feels like you're trying to clear yourself of a vote by getting on my good side. Despite, you aren't my key suspect. Steel is the only confirmed here, don't leave me out plz <3

my lineup is this so far:
ron > xii > SRB

but i'm struggling between xiivi and srb

I almost want to think raptor left for a replacement bc he didn't want to suffer the defeat of being uncovered as scum so soon into the game right after delvro was already the first to go. maybe this is a bad assumption. do people ever leave just to save their team's butt?

On a less rhetorical note: who's the play?
I quote this because this is the reason I'm leaning towards a Ronike lynch. It seems that Ronike has moreso just scouted out who the play was and went along with it. I feels like although he's posting, he's just been coasting on by with whichever way the wind has blown.

I know the tension is high because town has been on a flawless run, and every mislynch can result in getting closer to blowing it.
Though it's New Years, I think we can still vote responsibly. :p

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I do not think Miscum Eric would make this gambit. I've tried to think of you as scum, but picturing the Cello/Delvro/Eric team just doesn't make much sense to me. The only way I'd want to lynch you at this point is if it was a Steel/Xiivi/Eric endgame. Ronike/SRB make so much more sense.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
unvote Vote: Xivii

@eric - what's wrong with Ronike asking who is the play? Many experienced players do it. It's a good way for town to figure out who they want to lynch.

@steel - who is the play?

I'm thinking Xivii/Ronike.

Ronike

Smash Ace
@eric - what's wrong with Ronike asking who is the play? Many experienced players do it. It's a good way for town to figure out who they want to lynch.
99% wrong. Its a good way to find out suspicions from a player, pressure said player, or force a player to talk, or occasionally for distancing. Very rarely is it used to decide who to lynch when used correctly

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
mafia has done a real excellent job of distancing this game. more so than i would expect in a newbie game. ronike and xiivi both interacted a lot with delvro and cello in some serious and petty arguments, its very hard to make a for sure call from my point of view. then i look at srb and he just seemed so clueless and out of it most of the game that i just couldn't see him as mafia, this post especially, when he didnt even know what freaking Day it was just screams silly towny.

well if you guys DO decide to lynch me I don't think Steel (mayling) should die. mayling's behavior had me thinking she was innocent, and I'm still thinking she might be... sorry it's D1 and I'm still running on hunches. :/
delvro vs ronike, which largely consisted of ronike saying you cant really discriminate between mafia and wolves on d1, didn't seem set up to me. plus delvro kept getting his name wrong. it seemed like a more natural flow of debate than some of the other conversations in this game.

xiivi interacted a lot with delvro and cello on d1 as well, including one giant post where he ended with, what i think was "vote scumbuddy ur looking bad and fos the more competent one." also these:

I'm sure Tom's vote on Xiivi isn't serious, and Xiivi's responses address any major concerns I had, so we can skip him, if there are no objections.
but I'll admit, in hindsight, my wolf insinuations against Xiivi were a bit farfetched.
I'm willing to drop my case against Xiivi for now, because someone else seemed acting in a more suspicious manner.
later, while xiivi did ride cellos lame case on ff hard, ronike was on it as well so i can't really go anywhere with that. ronike was struggling with activity later that day i believe (or was it the next day, no matter) and went with frozen's "judgement" and landed his vote on cello.

i can definitely see that either of you at the beginning of the game told your scummies "attack me all day" for major distancing points. my gut is telling me that xiivi's distancing was set up and ronike's was more legit. coupled with ronike's very good scumdar saying xiivi is our man, i am going to go with xiivi for toDay. if he isn't the scum, ronike will die tomorrow. im pretty sure it's one of you two and not srb or eric.

vote xiivi

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I meant it as, that seems to be the flow of his game. Just following whatever the play was without initiating much. I know he tried following the FF v Cello debate and tried to dig something out of it (and prob got as annoyed with the debate as i did), but the time he did initiate interest in going after someone like xiivi (is all i remember right off), it didnt take much to drop his interest and follow the tide.

I still feel like ronike has a better chance at being scum than xiivi but I'm willing to lay down the hammer on xii, and see how it turns out. I havent predicted half of the turnouts already lol.
I'm going to wait on Xiivi to have a chance to speak if he'd like before this Day ends tho.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Final Day Five votecount (22nd)

----------

Xiivi (3) - Ronike, SwordsRbroken, §teel
SwordsRbroken (1) - Xiivi

Not voting (1): Mister Eric

----------

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

Xiivi, Townie, has been lynched Day 5

---------

Day 6 begins. With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

A deadline has been set for the last second of January 17, 2010, EST

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Aah, I didn't know he was hammered already.

Nuu! Ronike's our man, then.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
ditto, im L-1'ing him, but I think he should have a chance to defend first.
but i rly couldnt see how it could be srb. none of it adds up.

Ronike

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Final Day Six votecount (23rd)

----------

Ronike (3) - §teel, Mister Eric, SwordsRbroken

Not voting (1): Ronike

----------

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

Ronike, Townie, has been lynched Day 6

---------

Day 7 begins. With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch!

A deadline has been set for the last second of January 17, 2010, EST

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
You know what? I'm sure that it is eric. Dang it, why didn't i keep my vote on him in the first place? Vote: Eric for extreme inactivity, and when you are active, you don't post ****.

Top Bottom