• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 3 | Jungle Republic | Ovah. Who won?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Actually no, if Tandora flips wolf we have 5 players, 1 mafia left and 2 mislynches and 3 chances to hit scum and confirmed seer. Wow nevermind like 90% of my fears just went away.

Mister Eric post!

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Actually no, if Tandora flips wolf we have 5 players, 1 mafia left and 2 mislynches and 3 chances to hit scum and confirmed seer. Wow nevermind like 90% of my fears just went away.

Mister Eric post!
I wish I was more confident I could convince you guys that I'm innocent. Unfortunately for me, every time in the past I get lynched. You're making a big mistake killing me. You cannot depend on Mr Eric's support. Assuming his reasons are valid and not just scum cannon fodder, I'm not the wolf! I hate to say I'm town, but I AM TOWN!

I've given valid reasons for all of my actions throughout the whole game. Eric has been inactive almost the whole way through and I feel SRB is hiding behind the fact he is a replacement. Please reconsider your votes!

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
That just seems like to me a dumb or scum post. I read it as, "Don't vote me because Eric is inactive and Swords is hiding behind the fact that he is a replacement." Really? It makes me want to hammer you for posts like that.

I'm willing to hammer Tandora if everyone else approves.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
eric called me and said he's at home and still without power. he said he'll post sometime within the next few days, but wanted me to tell you guys.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
What's the difference between him stalling now and him stalling tomorrow? I don't see why we should rush it when I'd rather have his post on Day 4 than Day 5.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
That just seems like to me a dumb or scum post. I read it as, "Don't vote me because Eric is inactive and Swords is hiding behind the fact that he is a replacement." Really? It makes me want to hammer you for posts like that.

I'm willing to hammer Tandora if everyone else approves.
That's exactly what I said. If we believe Steel is the seer, obviously we're going to assume Eric is not the wolf. That doesn't stop him from being either Mafia or a bad townie. And, of course, you're not going to like an accusation against yourself. I don't want to be killed, I just am not good at convincing people of my innocence. I believe I've said before I have a guilty aura despite innocence. I guess I am scummy a player as Soaring Roar Blast. That doesn't prove alignment, just I personally am skeezy.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Last Activity: Today 09:40 PM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread Newbie Mafia 3 | Jungle Republic | D4, deadline 1/3

Hi Tandora, you're most likely a wolf. The only other option is the SRB is a wolf which I don't buy. Can you give your thoughts on the S2 wagon and explain if you feel SRB would bus like that? What do you feel about the fact when SRB replaced SRB he did not unvote?

Can you tell me who between Ronike/Mister Eric is the last mafia member and why if you flip town and we lynch wolf-SRB?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Last Activity: Today 09:40 PM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread Newbie Mafia 3 | Jungle Republic | D4, deadline 1/3

Hi Tandora, you're most likely a wolf. The only other option is the SRB is a wolf which I don't buy. Can you give your thoughts on the S2 wagon and explain if you feel SRB would bus like that? What do you feel about the fact when SRB replaced SRB he did not unvote?

Can you tell me who between Ronike/Mister Eric is the last mafia member and why if you flip town and we lynch wolf-SRB?
I think if I was SRB, I would bus the heck out of my partner to get the heat off of me. I think in Mafia if you can dodge the bullet of suspicious once, you're in the clear. SRB was on the verge of being lynched and getting his named cleared would keep him alive to end game. S2 had already doomed himself with his "I lost interest in the game" attitude. I did not like how he did that and I assume no one else did either. Who wants to keep a player in the game when he admits to not caring any more? Not me.

Also, whatever reasoning those two (SRB and S2) may have had together when the replacement came in, I am sure they discussed privately. No group action should be made without at least some consult amongst the peers. Otherwise, what is the point of being part of a conspiracy?

On the other hand, maybe not removing his vote immediately was the ultimate scum move. If I was town and I had just joined a game, I would want to make sure my voice counted. I would remove my vote immediately so I could have time to absorb what was going on in the game rather than leave my vote up so someone could sneak in a hammer without my actual informed consent. From what I understand, under normal conditions, a player leaves the game because of schedule conflict. This means they are not going to know what is going on because they'll only have time to skim entries and lots of entries all at once. Soaring left because he wasn't having fun any more. His vote could have been a planned bus or it could have been plain vindictiveness.

As previously stated, lot of us don't know each other outside of the game, so it is hard to make observations. I've only seen a fraction of Sword because he came in later for the game. I think it is hard to judge someone's alignment based on a predecessor's actions.

Because of the looong discussion on metagaming, I am trying to keep my observations to only this game rather than referencing other games a player may have been in. Also, I tend to not use direct quotes because personally I rarely read them myself. I can start looking for quotes if this would be more useful.

There would have been a point I would have said Xiivi was town because he has been so good at leading the charge against scum. However, I was 100% convinced Cello was town for his dedication to research. I thought surely only a townie would be that dedicated to scum hunting. How I have to wonder if Xiivi is not playing the ultimate bus scum hunter ever. I would think anyone who has eliminated his own scum mates would be safe in the shadows.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Tandora, I don't have time to make a big long reply (xmas eve johns and all), but I don't know anybody outside of these games, and I make observations just fine. No johns.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Thanks for the patience so far.

I do not have power yet, but I'm at my aunt's having some xmas dinner. Houses about a mile below us have power and I saw power trucks on my way to my aunt's. Even when I get power though, I might still not have cable internet we will see.

I'm leeching a wireless connection from some one next door so I hope it hold up because I'm going to catch up some and make a quick post so we can end this day or and/or make some progress at least. So off I goes, hopes the internet holds up. I hope everyone is having a good xmas so far.

See you with a post....

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I am not the seer. I can barely see with the four eyes I do have :p

Eric could you please give your opinion on the current players remaining. There are two unaligned scum left. Who do you believe they are and why?
I honestly can't right now, I simply don't have the time. After giving the pages since I've last posted a once over I do have my opinion.

nyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Elfen Lied? (Anime) :D nyunyu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xiivi has always had a playstyle that contrasts a good deal from the rest of us this game. I like it, it's carefree. And with only 1 scum and wolf left, it's hard seeing him risk his team with that attitude. But I do wonder how he has dodged night kills so far with all the bandwagons he's started. I just don't know about him yet.

I also wasn't a 100% on the Tandora lynch until you, Xii, gave some good reasoning on how it will lead to the progression of the game but I still wasn't so sure until this post:

I wish I was more confident I could convince you guys that I'm innocent. Unfortunately for me, every time in the past I get lynched. You're making a big mistake killing me. You cannot depend on Mr Eric's support. Assuming his reasons are valid and not just scum cannon fodder, I'm not the wolf! I hate to say I'm town, but I AM TOWN!

I've given valid reasons for all of my actions throughout the whole game. Eric has been inactive almost the whole way through and I feel SRB is hiding behind the fact he is a replacement. Please reconsider your votes!
First, it only struck me personally considering the lousy a$$ winter break I've had due to this stupid weather. I got strep, and haven't had power for 6 days now; me and the internet are like this *holds hand in the air with crossed fingers* so it hasn't been a joy ride so far >.<. But I know that all of my inactivity has seemed wolfy/scummy. It should. And I'm doing the best I can to not let that be the reason for my lynching. Cause if I am lynched, I want it to be progressive, not just knocking me out cause rl hasn't given me a break lately. The town is on too good of a roll for that. If you want to lynch me, please do it when you guys can get something out of it.

But Tanny, even you are town how are we making a big mistake when it will only narrow our choices of nailing the scum and the wolf? I agree with SRB (lol @ SRB replacing SRB) that post just makes me want to hammer you. I think my vote will put you at L-1 and I'm going to double check to make sure...

Ah, yes it does.

Vote: Tandora the explora

I honestly don't know when my power will be on, hopefully when I head home in a few, but the power company will not be working during xmas. Regardless, i realized that power doesn't equal internet. So, I'm going to keep up the best I can until I get both of these luxuries back. Have a good Christmas everyone! =]

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
And I made my vote on Tandora mainly bc I think it will best narrow our lynching options in the upcoming days (agreeing with reasoning that Xii has given).
Just clarifying. Take care peoples<3

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Final Day Four votecount (20th)

----------

Xiivi (1) - Tandora
Tandora (4) - Ronike, §teel, Mister Eric, Xiivi
Not voting (1) - SwordsRbroken

----------

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

Tandora, Werewolf, has been lynched Day 4

-----------------------------------------

With no wolves left, there are no more nights. Day 5 begins. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

A deadline has been set for the last second of January 8, 2010, EST

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Oh man, this is amazing!

Steel = confirmed Seer = confirmed town

5 players alive, 1 mafioso left.

Steel cannot get killed.

We have 2 mislynches, aka 3 chances to hit scum. Too awesome.

I have a feeling it is very likely SRB or Ronike and will make a post later once things aren't all Christmas-y and such. :D

Tandora

Smash Rookie
There's a she wolf in your closet
Open up and set her free
There's a she wolf in your closet
Let it out so it can breathe

Aroooo!

Good game guys. =D

Ronike

Smash Ace
xiivi, edit your post so theres no content. Its night. No posting. You know better than that.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
I think everyone out of xiivi/ronike/SRB/Eric should just make a post listing the they would lynch the other 3 in based on who they feel is most likely to be the remaining mafioso; then steel picks an order to lynch 3 of the 4 of us in and we follow it.

After everyone makes there cases there really aren't going to be any flips/info that will greatly alter anyone's perceptions at this point and this is simply faster and easier. Steel should hold off on voicing his opinion until everyone makes their case.

-----

Xiivi's opinion:

My order of suspects is: Ronike, SRB, and distantly Mister Eric.

Cello, Delvro, & Ronike: (Makes sense)

Ronike agrees with Cello about filing the "xiivi might be a wolf cause he called mayling a wolf!" away for endgame, which was a dumb point to begin with.

Ronike & Delvro also have a back and forth for a bit early on about which terminology to use. Then: #161

Delvro votes Ronike afterwards.

/#174/#175

Delvro tries to connect himself to me really hard, and then unvotes Ronike trying to use my reasoning for his doing so.

Ronike avoids the Delvro wagon and instead attempts to give him an out.

Delvro says S2 is scum only if Ronike is.

Suddenly confused as to what Ronike is.

Still doesn't want to vote Delvro.

Finally votes for Delvro when Delvro skims my post and just OMGUS's me.

Delvro calls me and Ronike out as scumbuddies.

Suddenly 2 posts later, after Delvro claims mafia, Ronike leaves his possible-wolf pool.

Cello, Delvro, & SRB: (Also makes sense)

Cello steps up for SRB (and Tandora) before he even posts.

Cello votes Delvro, but says he'd like more SRB pressure.

Openly says he doesn't like the Delvro wagon. Thinks S2/Ronike are scumbuddies.

Seems a bit forced on SRB's part.

Great post using her player knowledge knocking down the mafia buddies to Cello/SRB. She forgot Ronike though.

Psuedo-SRB defense.

Pretty shaky opinion on Cello.

Agrees with Cello's thinking...?

Thinks SRB should die, but never bothered voting SRB at any point. Too-tunnelvisioned.

Seems like he's prompting SRB for a fed answer. Sadly SRB replaced out before answering.

Avoids Cello wagon.

Avoids hammer/question answering.

Cello, Delvro, & Mister Eric: (So randomly unlikely)

Cello jumps on Eric for the same dumb thing he jumped on me for.

Screams town.

Cello mentions the Eric wolf rhyme thing, but once again doesn't do anything with it.

Skimming, doubt his partners would let him post without voting.

See above.

Hops on the Cell v Frieza is TvT wagon.

Xiivi as scum:
If you want to believe Cello and Delvro were on my case really hard all of Day 1 as distancing, go for it. You're wrong.

-----

Ronike/SRB very likely scumpartner. Mister Eric is doubtful and would surprise me.

I'm just voting whoever Steel votes for for the remainder of the game. Steel should let everyone say their own opinions first though, especially Mister Eric's opinion because it's the opinion I value most after Steel's.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8866562&postcount=88

Ronike

Smash Ace
Vote: Xiivi

Hardcore buddying of the cleared townie, and I still think all 4 vets being townie is unlikely. Plus, all his stuff yesterday just screamed scum cracking under pressure to me.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
man i wish i had one of those super high tech scumdars but im too scrub

ronike are you 100% its xiivi, or do you have suspicions after him? i would like to hear your thoughts on other people

other people:

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty confident that steel isn't our last mafia, but i think that it is likely Ronike or Xivii.

Not sure whether to vote xivii or ronike, if we lynch xivii and he flips town, then it's ronike. (because i'm a Vanilla townie)

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Vote: Xiivi

Hardcore buddying of the cleared townie, and I still think all 4 vets being townie is unlikely. Plus, all his stuff yesterday just screamed scum cracking under pressure to me.
lol that's dumb, chase after the random role generator time?

steel if you mislynch me then make sure ronike/SRB get lynched; then don't lynch mister eric because the scenario with him as mafia is just dumb; also you should like read or something instead of crying about not scumhunting well, getting lame now

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hey guys,
I have power!
I got it on xmas evening. I even got internet for a half a day, but I didn't think I'd be losing it so quick >.<
I'm at my summer work place (YMCA daycare [i <3 this place]) volunteering, and I'm using my off-time to leech off their wireless to give you guys an update.
I'm going to call Suddenlink and see what their deal is.

xmas was great btw, im over strep and the power came on right after opening gifts (after 7 days!!)

xiivi, your post looks very interesting and I'll give it a once over before I leave

everyone, do what you feel is just, I hate not being able to post anything with substance because I feel like I'm dodging a bullet or something. im going to start hasseling suddenlink hardcore.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
alright

LAYING
THIS
OUT

5 left, 3 to lynch, no night kills, only lynches.
Steel - seer
Xiivi - ?
Ronike - ?
SRB - ?
Mister Eric - are we all willing to clear him?

If we are willing to clear mister eric, then there is no way town can lose this game and the remaining days can go pretty quickly.

this waved wtf flags to me
"I'm pretty confident that steel isn't our last mafia, but i think that it is likely Ronike or Xivii."

thanks for being unhelpful magee SRB, and you should be 100% that i'm not mafia.

i'm going to go with this lynch order for now.

ronike > srb > xiivi, all of whom could possibly be scum but at this point it doesn't matter too much if we think mister eric is town.

let's get this game over with.

vote ronike

Ronike

Smash Ace
Why is everyone clearing the super lurker? Did I miss something? I really think xiivi's our man here, and if not than it's srb (especially due to his last post trying to reopen steel as a lynch target while trying to get the last two vets killed), but hey, do Whatcha gotta do. Just explain why everyone is clearing Eric.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
can you pick out anything scummy from him ronike? i dont feel 100% comfortble clearing him but it seemed to be the general consensus and he seemed like an innocent noob who is having activity problems to me

Ronike

Smash Ace
The constant activity problems for one. And also, don't just follow the flow man. You are the only completely confirmed townie we have. You should be leading, not following.

Now then, Xiivi, I finally found the time to read through your case against me, but I don't think you really did. Lemme just run you through it real quick:
Cello, Delvro, & Ronike: (Makes sense)

Ronike agrees with Cello about filing the "xiivi might be a wolf cause he called mayling a wolf!" away for endgame, which was a dumb point to begin with.
Dude, we are playing a n00b game. What am I supposed to do go, "Nah man, thats stupid and you're stupid for bringing it up."? It wasn't scummy, but it also wasn't all that helpful, so I said file it away. But it also wouldn't be the first time scum had a freudian slip.

Ronike & Delvro also have a back and forth for a bit early on about which terminology to use. Then: #161

Delvro votes Ronike afterwards.
So now I'm scummy for trying to explain terminology to a n00b, and then for a mafia member voting me? In what way does that make sense? If I was scum, I would be trying my darndest to keep n00bs in the dark as much as I could.

/#174/#175

Delvro tries to connect himself to me really hard, and then unvotes Ronike trying to use my reasoning for his doing so.
So I'm scummy for something a bad mafia member did? Again, here your case starts telling us that delvro is scum, not me. Plus, in this post he was mostly trying to clear YOU of the freudian slip deal. You are far more scummy from that than I am.

Ronike avoids the Delvro wagon and instead attempts to give him an out.
Again, I'm scummy for trying to help the n00bs?

Delvro says S2 is scum only if Ronike is.
Um... ok? Why is this scummy?

Suddenly confused as to what Ronike is.
Again, point against delvro, not me.

Still doesn't want to vote Delvro.
Still trying to give the n00b leeway, and as I stated a few times early on, I wasn't quite sure how to play considering my normal way of playing wouldn't work at all because a lot of the scumtells were just people being new.

Finally votes for Delvro when Delvro skims my post and just OMGUS's me.
Oh my god! I'm so scummy for voting my mafia mate and calling him out as rather obvious! Makes so much sense.

Delvro calls me and Ronike out as scumbuddies.
Psst. Hey man, this incriminates you too.

Suddenly 2 posts later, after Delvro claims mafia, Ronike leaves his possible-wolf pool.
You really don't think the earlier posts were just the desperate flailing of a dying scum? If not, really?

So yeah, most of your case is either geared towards showing delvro was scum, equally incriminates you, or just isn't something scummy. I also enjoy how you seem to forget that when choosing between ff and cello at the end of their arguments, I chose cello as the scum (and was one of the first to do so), despite previously choosing ff and despite it being equally easy to choose either and get one of the strongest players lynched. Totally scummy there. Just as scummy as you jumpin on cello who was pretty obviously going to be lynched anyways. bus much?

Top Bottom