• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 22: Cave Story - Game Over!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Votecount is still the same as ten posts up..Deadline is in approximately 50 hours.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
50 hours left?

I'll put my vote on Joker then so it doesn't hold up the process while I'm away.

Vote: Joker

@Monst: wrt Taco vs Joker voting: It's good policy not to put someone to L-1 in mafia until you give them your permission to die. (unlike normal votes)

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Monstmrna, I don't know if you read post#83, but TL:DR I wanted to test the waters with something other than RVS. I'm still wary of the IC's because they feel null to me.

Badwolf: How do you feel about Loli?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
unvote

gonna knock this out in an hour or less, money back guarentee

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
nevermind, missed your two posts above me n_n

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Vote: Loli
Vote:Joker
Vote:Badwolf

Vote: Loli

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Need to die:

Loli
Joker
Badwolf

Unsure if should die:

Tako
Jdietz
Ryker

The heroes this town deserve:

Toaster
Mnstmrna

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Loli, your next post will have content and present your scumpicks as well as exactly why you want to lynch Joker.

Badwolf, your next post will have content and present your scumpicks.

Jdietz, why were you afraid of putting Joker at L-1 despite being okay with his lynch? If he had been quicklynched and flipped town, wouldn't that net us a scum?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Oh, and before I forget, Loli, what was the point of this post? Are you taunting Joker? Something about this post bothers me quite a bit, but I can't put my finger on it.

What about this do you find amusing?

:phone:
I wasn't taunting him I legit love this kid. Like I enjoy playing with him and found his reasoning on me funny. Wrong but never the less funny.

I never said -only- one. And it's because of your wagon. Either you're scum, or one of the people pressing for it is scum. From what I can see, ryker seems to legitimately want information, and most of his posts seem genuine at least. I'm not necessarily ruling him out, I'm just saying he'd be the last person I'd look at. If you wanted a specific order of the people on that list I'd say I'd vote for, right now

Joker>loli/jdietz>JTB

You, because first I need to know whether you are town or mafia before I can assess other people. If you're scum, it's a lot more likely that many of the people on your wagon are town, and the people avoiding it/even avoiding talking about it are scum.

If you're town, then I'd probably look at loli because of the way she voted you, let the wagon progress then just sort of... didn't comment on it at all. Even when she did comment it kind of felt... hollow. Her posts rubbed me a bit the wrong way, but I'd be willing to let it slide if you flip scum.

Jdietz because he mildly supported your wagon, then proceeded to vote for Tako. As I stated before, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

JTB I just don't have a read on, so I'd probably pressure him into talking a bit more before I made any decisions.
You shouldn't really let what I do slide if he flips scum though. This is Day 1 and this is the first game i've ever posted much in just because i never have anything to say but decided to go for quantity over quality. Keep reading for my actual real reason i voted joker and left my vote there.

Loli, your next post will have content and present your scumpicks as well as exactly why you want to lynch Joker.

My next post will not have much content ACTUALLY. I have never and will never be a very strong day 1 player. Hell I'm not a very strong player at all imo if you want to hear the truth. I listed people I wanted to look at already. My vote on Joker and not moving off of Joker is simply I want people to stop saying I sheep too much. Every game I've played I usually just go with the flow day 1 and people always say I'm sheeping so I figured if i'm the FIRST vote on someone then no one can say I was sheeping :D It's probably a terrible idea but you gotta admit you wouldn't say i was sheeping now would you? yehhhhh Also, I didn't actually expect people to start following my vote but i don't mind.

Also, NEVER TRUST RYKER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryker I speak only to you now....Meet me in the dark forest and I'll scalp you. :)

Nah but seriously Ryker is the scariest imo cuz I don't think I can read him ever. o-o

Also, JTB you mentioned something about scum picks ToasterBrains, Badwolf/joker.
The two ICs are at a null just because. I feel like taco is town and he's probably my only town read aside from maybe monstrma kid. That's about it for now.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
@those who have played with loli, is this normal D1 behavior from her?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
You OK with switching to bad wolf or jdietz then?

vote: jdietz

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
normal as in usually i don't talk and am considered sheeping tho! That's my normal play

Also, if I switch to jdietz people are gonna say i'm sheeping though. Did you not read about my way of not being called a sheep? Also, why do you want to lynch jdietz? What has he done? What are you going to get out of it?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Sheeping is usually null tell for newbies. However, you voting Joker because you don't want to be a sheep is awful reasoning as you are more worried with looking town than looking for scum.

vote: loli

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
No I'm not worried I get annoyed when people say I'm a sheep. THIS IS TO PROVE THAT I WON'T ALWAYS BE A SHEEP! I don't care if i die because you can't say i was sheeping just that i was not playing well which i can accept. I just can't accept being called a sheep T_T not another game in a row.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"Hey guys look Toaster's sheeping!!!!11!!1"

So far Joker's my only non-town read, because of how he reacted earlier on. (I'm not that good at reading early in the game I guess.) This puts him at L-1 correct? Or did I accidentally just hammer him? Lol.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
"Hey guys look Toaster's sheeping!!!!11!!1"

So far Joker's my only non-town read, because of how he reacted earlier on. (I'm not that good at reading early in the game I guess.) This puts him at L-1 correct? Or did I accidentally just hammer him? Lol.
No you didn't hammer him. JTB took his vote off joker making him at L-2 so your vote just put him at L-1.

Also, I'm only willing to lynch BadWolf, Joker and Ryker today~

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Joker is not the play today with loli on the wagon, she's admitted she's solely.voting him so she can't be called a sheep, not because he's scum. Let our cop deal with joker

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Joker is not the play today with loli on the wagon, she's admitted she's solely.voting him so she can't be called a sheep, not because he's scum. Let our cop deal with joker

Just because I initially put a vote on Joker does not mean that he can't be the play today. I'm solely KEEPING my vote on him so that I can't be called a sheep. It doesn't mean to say he may not be scum however. I can't tell who is actually scum or not and I'm terrible day 1 so I DO NOT TALK EVER maybe like 1 or 2 posts. Maaaaaaaybe. Decided to give talking a chance T_T I can see it doesn't help.

Also, we have a cop? awesome~

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
This is HIGHLY unusual play from Loli. Both in that it's not how she typically plays, and that it's also just unusual in a general sense.

Prioritizing your own appearance over the good of the town is, well, horribly anti-town. If she's going to be unwilling to be reasonable, I see no reason to keep her around.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Loli, you say you think I might be scum, but you still haven't said why. You've made it perfectly clear, however, that my actual behavior has nothing to do with your vote.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
You were just acting weird. And yeah i'm playing differently cuz i wanna see what happens but if you guys want i'll go back to my usual play.
Bye guys gonna be reading quietly and posting less now. Going back to my Quality over quantity playstyle.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Loli could simply be doing what he said, trying a new play style. I see no reason as to why scum would greatly alter her posting/play style just because they're opposing team. That's too obvious. Too much of a giveaway.

In other words, Loli is either town, or a very dumb scum. I'm going with town on this one. I know I'm risking my own credibility with this read, and if he flips scum I'll feel stupid, but it's not like anyone can be pointed in a reliable direction D1.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You can't just say "I'm changing my playstyle now guys" and have your unjustified actions become justified. If you had a concrete reason for wanting me lynched, you'd have given it by now.

"You're acting weird" is like, the most horribly vague reason you could possibly give. It feels like you're just trying to save yourself at this point, which by itself is a null tell. That just leaves me with my previous feeling of antitown/likelyscum.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Just because I initially put a vote on Joker does not mean that he can't be the play today. I'm solely KEEPING my vote on him so that I can't be called a sheep. It doesn't mean to say he may not be scum however. I can't tell who is actually scum or not and I'm terrible day 1 so I DO NOT TALK EVER maybe like 1 or 2 posts. Maaaaaaaybe. Decided to give talking a chance T_T I can see it doesn't help.

Also, we have a cop? awesome~
A good way to look f or scum is to look at what people are doing. Is someone asking good questions and being active? Probably town. Someonejust coasting along or not doing anything? Liability to town or scum.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Toaster, I disagree. A new player completely changing their playstyle because they got a new role seems perfectly reasonable to me. It's not even the fact that "it's new" that makes me not like. I dislike it for what it is, which is anti-town/pro-loli. She's not just being silly and more active, she's trying to lynch me for "acting weird". I think she's only leaving her vote on me because I'm so close to being lynched, not because she really believes I'm scum.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Toaster, I disagree. A new player completely changing their playstyle because they got a new role seems perfectly reasonable to me. It's not even the fact that "it's new" that makes me not like. I dislike it for what it is, which is anti-town/pro-loli. She's not just being silly and more active, she's trying to lynch me for "acting weird". I think she's only leaving her vote on me because I'm so close to being lynched, not because she really believes I'm scum.
Reasonable yes, I'm not denying that. Just a thought I had, feel free to disagree with it.

Let me ask you something: Has Loli been known to make smart posts?

This is a simple yes or no question. I don't want nor need a long explanation. Just a yes or a no.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Loli could simply be doing what he said, trying a new play style. I see no reason as to why scum would greatly alter her posting/play style just because they're opposing team. That's too obvious. Too much of a giveaway.

In other words, Loli is either town, or a very dumb scum. I'm going with town on this one. I know I'm risking my own credibility with this read, and if he flips scum I'll feel stupid, but it's not like anyone can be pointed in a reliable direction D1.
You called me a girl and a boy in this....xD

Reasonable yes, I'm not denying that. Just a thought I had, feel free to disagree with it.

Let me ask you something: Has Loli been known to make smart posts?

This is a simple yes or no question. I don't want nor need a long explanation. Just a yes or a no.
I don't think I make smart posts D1 which is typically why I never post much D1. In my own opinion I think I post a bit better after D1 but i usually go with quality over quantity so I have a limited amount of posts usually. I think I'm good after D1 happens xD but that's my opinion of me sooo I could be biased

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You called me a girl and a boy in this....xD

I don't think I make smart posts D1 which is typically why I never post much D1. In my own opinion I think I post a bit better after D1 but i usually go with quality over quantity so I have a limited amount of posts usually. I think I'm good after D1 happens xD but that's my opinion of me sooo I could be biased
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29BoqCMRBFk

And interesting. Can anyone else vouch for the quality of MrMrs Loli's posts?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Like Loli said, she's normally very sheepish on D1, so her posts are never very insightful, just parroting. On later days, she does make good, insightful posts.

Granted, I've only played with her twice, and only one of those games is finished (MLP mafia, she was town), so I can't really speak to how it relates to her alignment.

Top Bottom