• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 22: Cave Story - Game Over!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yup i voted you for the fun of it and yeah i'm leaving my vote on you despite it keeping you at L-2. Yes I'm willing to participate in your possible lynch although being at L-2 does not guarantee you to be lynched. I took EXTREME notice of the fact that BadWolf did not put his vote on you. It's actually why I'm perfectly fine with leaving my vote on you :)
You are, in fact, willing to participate in my possible lynch? So if I get lynched, and flip town, you're ok with that? Can you explain why?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
BadWolf told me a bit ago (like before this game) that if we were in a mafia game with Joker we both had to vote Joker day 1. I told him okay and so that's why I voted Joker.
Yup i voted you for the fun of it and yeah i'm leaving my vote on you despite it keeping you at L-2. Yes I'm willing to participate in your possible lynch although being at L-2 does not guarantee you to be lynched. I took EXTREME notice of the fact that BadWolf did not put his vote on you. It's actually why I'm perfectly fine with leaving my vote on you :)
Put it together dude. If you flip scum, she think shes can get 2 for 1.

This is probably why people shouldn't talk about mafia outside of the thread.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Joker, when are you going to start scum hunting and stop freaking out about your wagon?

:phone:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I already am scumhunting? Am I required to talk to people who aren't on my wagon in order for it to qualify as scumhunting? Talking to people who are involved in the only thing that has happened in the game seems like the most logical place to start, after all.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
You are, in fact, willing to participate in my possible lynch? So if I get lynched, and flip town, you're ok with that? Can you explain why?
You're under the assumption that you're getting lynched. L-2 does not mean you're going to get lynched when we have 4 days left. If you got lynched tho and flipped town then i wouldnt be okay with it but there's no way for me to know you're town unless you die.

Put it together dude. If you flip scum, she think shes can get 2 for 1.

This is probably why people shouldn't talk about mafia outside of the thread.
Not rlly a 2 for 1 special i just wanna kick badwolf now.
Though i do agree about that second statement.

I meant he.
No no i'm a she so you were right the first time.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You're under the assumption that you're getting lynched. L-2 does not mean you're going to get lynched when we have 4 days left. If you got lynched tho and flipped town then i wouldnt be okay with it but there's no way for me to know you're town unless you die.
I'm not assuming that I'll be lynched, but the fact that there's a wagon on me, and you're actively participating in it, means that you want me to get lynched. Whether or not I actually get lynched is irrelevant. What is relevant is that you WANT me to get lynched.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
My point is this. What makes you want to lynch me? You must actually think I'm scum, or you wouldn't be participating in my wagon. Explain why I'm scum.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I'm not assuming that I'll be lynched, but the fact that there's a wagon on me, and you're actively participating in it, means that you want me to get lynched. Whether or not I actually get lynched is irrelevant. What is relevant is that you WANT me to get lynched.
Okay.

/10chars

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bad assumptions are bad.

Not all votes mean lynchings.

Joker: If you had to guess, who is scum?

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
No... that's... the point of voting. "I am suspicious of this person. If they are lynched, I am comfortable with that." >places vote.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Lol, no.

I've voted for the hell of it, to get someone to talk, to make them understand that I was serious, etc. None of those votes were the intention of lynching.

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
Lol, no.

I've voted for the hell of it, to get someone to talk, to make them understand that I was serious, etc. None of those votes were the intention of lynching.
"For the hell of it" is basically like saying RVS, which really doesn't apply to the game of mafia in itself. That's more of a phenomenon of people don't really know exactly what to say and just start joking around.

To get them to talk means, if they don't talk you'll lynch them. Thus proving my point.

To understand you're serious means that you want them to understand you're suspicious of them, and if they don't you're comfortable lynching them.

The point of voting is lynching, and there's no way around that.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hold on Monstmrna+Joker, I can clear this up for you guys really fast:

@IC's: Does voting someone always mean you want to lynch them?

John2k4

The End of an Era
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

JTB(1): SneakyTako
LoliLovesRain(1): PrivateJoker-Brown
PrivateJoker-Brown(3): LoliLovesRain, Ryker, JTB
SneakyTako(1): Monstmrna
ToasterBrains(1): BadWolf

Not Voting(2): ToasterBrains, JDietz

Deadline is: 8/26, 11:59PM MST.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't need an IC to tell me how Votes can be used as a tool for pressuring people, or that they're used to lynch people. I get how voting works, thanks.

The thing is, Loli is keeping her vote on me cuz she wants me lynched. This is not some wild assumption.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Real talk though, Loli still hasn't denied a genuine desire for my death, nor has she given any justification for why. Please make note. Since this doesn't seem to be going anywhere, I'll move on, but I certainly don't like it.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I don't know, they both seem to be just waiting for stuff to happen, which could be town in that their waiting to trap people but scum for almost identical reason.

Which is why I think we should prod them.

But let me flip the question around; does anyone feel that either of the IC's can be lean town right now?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sigh. My internet will be out for a day or two, so I'm going to be V/LA until August 24, around 4 PM EST. If its not fixed by then I guess I'll just suck it up and participate through my phone.

I'll STILL BE ABLE TO READ THE THREAD. So if you see me lurking or what have you, it that. But I find it unnecessary to post using my phone for anything other than stuff like this (and answering a question a couple pages ago).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Joker I find this extremely amusing. I think I love you~
Oh, and before I forget, Loli, what was the point of this post? Are you taunting Joker? Something about this post bothers me quite a bit, but I can't put my finger on it.

What about this do you find amusing?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know, they both seem to be just waiting for stuff to happen, which could be town in that their waiting to trap people but scum for almost identical reason.

Which is why I think we should prod them.

But let me flip the question around; does anyone feel that either of the IC's can be lean town right now?
Yes, they are both town leans right now.

would edit that bold tag if it didn't make me look scummy ;^;

Just edit it by way of post. Go: "EBWOP:" and then your fixed message in a new post.

#shouldhavebeenaSE

John2k4

The End of an Era
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

JTB(1): SneakyTako
LoliLovesRain(1): PrivateJoker-Brown
PrivateJoker-Brown(3): LoliLovesRain, Ryker, JTB
SneakyTako(1): Monstmrna
ToasterBrains(1): BadWolf

Not Voting(2): ToasterBrains, JDietz

Deadline is: 8/26, 11:59PM MST.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I see absolutely nothing has happened during the time my internet was down besides a votecount and a jdiets.

:glare:

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna go out on a limb and throw out some things. I'm gonna say either way, ryker is probably town, but one of Jdietz/joker/loli/JTB are scum. That's about all the input I have right now.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Today's my day off finally, I'll be getting to this in the afternoon

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
I never said -only- one. And it's because of your wagon. Either you're scum, or one of the people pressing for it is scum. From what I can see, ryker seems to legitimately want information, and most of his posts seem genuine at least. I'm not necessarily ruling him out, I'm just saying he'd be the last person I'd look at. If you wanted a specific order of the people on that list I'd say I'd vote for, right now

Joker>loli/jdietz>JTB

You, because first I need to know whether you are town or mafia before I can assess other people. If you're scum, it's a lot more likely that many of the people on your wagon are town, and the people avoiding it/even avoiding talking about it are scum.

If you're town, then I'd probably look at loli because of the way she voted you, let the wagon progress then just sort of... didn't comment on it at all. Even when she did comment it kind of felt... hollow. Her posts rubbed me a bit the wrong way, but I'd be willing to let it slide if you flip scum.

Jdietz because he mildly supported your wagon, then proceeded to vote for Tako. As I stated before, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

JTB I just don't have a read on, so I'd probably pressure him into talking a bit more before I made any decisions.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
So you only feel that one random wagon is necessary to base all your reads on? Or are there some people you'd like to hear more from before deciding the lynch?

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
It's like I said... either you are scum, or some scum want you lynched. If scum want you lynched, then to figure out your alignment I'd have to lynch you. If you're town, I'd look at loli first because of what I said, Jdietz too, and JTB last because I don't really have a read on him.

If you're scum, I'd probably look at toaster or badwolf, because toaster seems to be playing a bit passively, and badwolf seems to be ignoring this lynch entirely.

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
Tako I'm still suspicious of for that one thing, but if Jdietz is scum I think he'd flip town because of the whole jdietz voting for him right now thing and parroting my case on him.

Top Bottom