• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 22: Cave Story - Game Over!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What was the point of this if you were just going to re-vote Badwolf when you were done. Why not just point it out voteless?
We were still in RVS (is that done now? Wow.) and I was mocking the formatting of his post. In case that wasn't blatantly obvious or anything.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
We were still in RVS (is that done now? Wow.) and I was mocking the formatting of his post. In case that wasn't blatantly obvious or anything.
Mocking yes, but why bother? What were you trying to achieve by immediately placing your vote back where it was that couldn't be done with just pointing it out. (I'm trying to get in your head)

Basically what I'm saying is: you saw something worth noting in Joker, but what made you bounce your vote back?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
OK, this was one of those things where if I explain, the plan is somewhat ruined but w/e.

My plan was to first prod one of the ICs, but the last reason was to see how the other players would react. If they react with a logical rebuttal like 'well if we lynch the strongest player and if he is a town, that would put town at a huge disadvantage' that would tell me that player is lean town. I was also looking for sheepish players, since I would think scum would generally want to 'go with the flow' once people started gathering votes toward one or two players. Votes that went to 'yeah JTB is suspicous' or 'I agree with the last post' kind of votes was what I was looking for to find scum.

But this 'q.q idk what this Sneakytako guy is thinking questioning ICs' response leaves me with almost no information.

This may be OMGUS but I'm looking at JD right now. You look kinda sheepish to me, especially considering you've seem pretty sure since you're ready to lynch joker or myself right after monstmrna's vote, for wanting more information on JTB.

Keeping my vote with JTB atm, but like I said just a prod. We still have plenty of time till the deadline.

I'm sad my plan didn't work as well as I'd hoped XD, probably because it was way too basic. Back to the drawing board for me.

Ryker:#59 Is Badwolf still suspicious to you? I kinda understand Joker and JD but Badwolf seems to be null from where I stand.

JD: Please explain why you think voting a random IC seems scummy.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
My plan was to first prod one of the ICs, but the last reason was to see how the other players would react. If they react with a logical rebuttal like 'well if we lynch the strongest player and if he is a town, that would put town at a huge disadvantage' that would tell me that player is lean town. I was also looking for sheepish players, since I would think scum would generally want to 'go with the flow' once people started gathering votes toward one or two players. Votes that went to 'yeah JTB is suspicous' or 'I agree with the last post' kind of votes was what I was looking for to find scum.

But this 'q.q idk what this Sneakytako guy is thinking questioning ICs' response leaves me with almost no information.

This may be OMGUS but I'm looking at JD right now. You look kinda sheepish to me, especially considering you've seem pretty sure since you're ready to lynch joker or myself right after monstmrna's vote, for wanting more information on JTB.

JD: Please explain why you think voting a random IC seems scummy.
It isn't. Nor am I voting you solely for your attempt. Remember you're not the only one looking for intent in the game, nor is "would let them die" the same as "let's lynch them now".

(and yeah I'm sad to say the question of "what if the IC is town vs. scum" comes up every newbie. I doubt anyone would have responded in any way other than the town response, but that doesn't mean we can't get something out of it)

I am interested why you would define something that you stated may have actually caused OMGUS in you as sheepish, however.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Wow, I have 1 confirming post and one RVS post, and yall wanna lynch me? I can see where you might be going with that, but you're hilariously offbase. I'll tell you what I think is going on, and you can tell me if I'm right, k?

Ryker and JTB think Badwolf and I are the scumteam, because they think I wanted to vote for Badwolf (my scummate, in this scenario) in order to throw people off my tracks, but didn't cuz he is my (theoretical) scumbuddy.

What they don't realize (if this is the case) is that Badwolf and I have already played 2 newbies together, and we have been at odds on Day1 in both those games. I wanted to vote Badwolf for funzies, because he is like my Mafia rival. It was 100% RVS. There was literally no real motive behind it whatsoever.

Lynching people in RVS? You guys are silly.

And where is this talk of me being nervous coming from? If it's about my inativity, it's because I was busy today. I'll prolly be busy for most of tomorrow too, but I'll be free as a bird the rest of the week.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker and JTB think Badwolf and I are the scumteam, because they think I wanted to vote for Badwolf (my scummate, in this scenario) in order to throw people off my tracks, but didn't cuz he is my (theoretical) scumbuddy.
I never said or assumed anything of the sort. I was talking out of my ***.

You have one hell of a guilty conscience, though.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
(wow, two pages in and I feel like the Ranmaru of the game already)
Is this a bad thing? XD

Wow, I have 1 confirming post and one RVS post, and yall wanna lynch me? I can see where you might be going with that, but you're hilariously offbase. I'll tell you what I think is going on, and you can tell me if I'm right, k?

What they don't realize (if this is the case) is that Badwolf and I have already played 2 newbies together, and we have been at odds on Day1 in both those games. I wanted to vote Badwolf for funzies, because he is like my Mafia rival. It was 100% RVS. There was literally no real motive behind it whatsoever.

And where is this talk of me being nervous coming from? If it's about my inativity, it's because I was busy today. I'll prolly be busy for most of tomorrow too, but I'll be free as a bird the rest of the week.
This is true. However, I feel like moving on.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yes, actually.

Your first response was, "this thing I did is not why I'm scum," instead of "you're literally wagoning me for no reason." There was no accusing finger aimed at a baseless wagon that nearly lynched you led by two players who are supposed to have experience and it didn't even strike a single sour note with you. You were more concerned with heading off arguments about your alignment BEFORE THEY HAPPENED than accomplishing anything.

:phone:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Basically what I'm saying is: you saw something worth noting in Joker, but what made you bounce your vote back?
I didn't see anything worth noting in joker other than his post was as much of a joke as mine. I voted him for his fidgety post. Why not ask him why he voted for us in the order that he did if you're just going to ask pointless questions about it.

This is true. However, I feel like moving on.
Why would that be? Did you have a change of heart, or do you think being at odds this game with Joker is risky? What is it?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Well, well, well. A bit antsy are we?
I didn't honestly a relatively length post this early. Note that I said relatively because a lot of the posts so far were fluff. You DO realize the wagon on you isn't the most serious thing ever, right? The thing making you remotely suspicious right now is the fact that you're being strangely defensive against a baseless wagon.

I'm taking note of your particular affinity towards Badwolf. Might help in the future.

But as such, I believe RVS is over as people are now asking serious (yet still somewhat baseless) questions.

Speaking of questions, Joker, what are your reads as of now? Particularly, Jdietz and Ryker? If you even have reads yet.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Yes, actually.

Your first response was, "this thing I did is not why I'm scum," instead of "you're literally wagoning me for no reason." There was no accusing finger aimed at a baseless wagon that nearly lynched you led by two players who are supposed to have experience and it didn't even strike a single sour note with you. You were more concerned with heading off arguments about your alignment BEFORE THEY HAPPENED than accomplishing anything.

Was I supposed to pitch a fit over a RVS votes? That doesn't seem too.... logical.

Why would that be? Did you have a change of heart, or do you think being at odds this game with Joker is risky? What is it?
Nah, I just don't want to get into another pissing fit.

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
I'm getting odd vibes from Tako and Jdietz. I think it's kind of opportunistic of him to just up and say he's suspicious of these two people, especially considering how baseless the Joker wagon truly is. Admittedly, his jumpiness is kind of scummy but the mild support of the lynch just echoes bad things in my head. Not to mention my Tako vote was really more of a hunch than anything.

What are everyone's suspicions then, and if not suspicions, is there anyone you would be okay with voting/lynching?

Joker too nervous in RVS, Taco too nervous of IC's
Jdietz, if you could elaborate on this please. What do you mean by "too nervous in RVS."?

I understand the taco too nervous of IC's but, tbh, that's kind of just a parrot of my case on him...

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yes, actually.

It wasn't baseless, you and JTB made it sound like you had a legit reason, without telling anyone what it was. I'm supposed to assume the two of you coordinated an effort to troll me? No, I took a guess at what your "Mystery reasoning" was so I could refute it. I hardly see how me reacting to being put at L-2 with obscure reasoning (reasoning that you claimed did, in fact, exist) as being overly jumpy. Especially since JTB jumped on the wagon saying that quick lynching me would be a good idea.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Bro, you jumped to a conspiracy theory conclusion that both the ICs and another player all saw and came to the conclusion that you were setting up a relationship with another slot from a scum point of view without so much as a flip. You do all of this without insinuating foul play in putting you this far with stated intent to lynch you. Either, as a townie, you made a terrible reach as to why you could be scum when presented with what you yourself admit to thinking was obscure reasoning.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Or you are scum with a guilty conscience.

My post was sent before I was ready.

Joker, if you are not supposed to believe that the two of us are getting together to troll you, then what are we doing, exactly? Tell me that and then tell me what it reflects about our alignments.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Obviously, you're painting me as scum based on nothing. This is clearly something scum would do, but maybe you guys are just ****ing trolls. I don't know you, at all. Maybe that's how you get reads. It doesn't tell me anything, because I don't know how you play.

My gut tells me, this is just how you read people, and you're riding me because you're reading me.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't see anything worth noting in joker other than his post was as much of a joke as mine. I voted him for his fidgety post. Why not ask him why he voted for us in the order that he did if you're just going to ask pointless questions about it.
You realize you're claiming you saw nothing noteworthy whatsoever in his post, yet found it odd enough to both make fun of and fake vote him for, right?

Was I supposed to pitch a fit over a RVS votes? That doesn't seem too.... logical.

Nah, I just don't want to get into another pissing fit.
Ryker was talking to Joker, not you.

I'm getting odd vibes from Tako and Jdietz. I think it's kind of opportunistic of him to just up and say he's suspicious of these two people, especially considering how baseless the Joker wagon truly is. Admittedly, his jumpiness is kind of scummy but the mild support of the lynch just echoes bad things in my head. Not to mention my Tako vote was really more of a hunch than anything.

What are everyone's suspicions then, and if not suspicions, is there anyone you would be okay with voting/lynching?
If you feel that way then how do you feel about Ryker's support of scrutinizing Joker? Why do you find my stating my suspicions to be opportunistic right before asking everyone in the game for their suspicions?

Jdietz, if you could elaborate on this please. What do you mean by "too nervous in RVS."?

I understand the taco too nervous of IC's but, tbh, that's kind of just a parrot of my case on him...[/QUOTE]

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
EBWOP: Screwed the last quote up

I understand the taco too nervous of IC's but, tbh, that's kind of just a parrot of my case on him...
Just look at his posts. His very first post of the game and he's already worried about being looked at badly for voting. This continues on even now as we pressure him. While it's true that most newbies will feel some amount of nervousness: at a certain point you must be feeling pressure not because you don't know what to do as town, but because you're deathly afraid of being caught out as scum. Joker skirted that line.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You realize you're claiming you saw nothing noteworthy whatsoever in his post, yet found it odd enough to both make fun of and fake vote him for, right?
For the third time, I didn't find it that odd. I realize exactly what I said. I was just poking fun at him.
I can repeat myself another 60 times for you if you want. :glare:
There was absolutely nothing worth noting in his post and I was just messing around. It caught my attention with the RVS vote on me, and it made me giggle like a little school girl. Is that what you wanted to hear? :awesome:

There is absolutely no value in what happened, why are you so bent on it? Why, is it scummy to poke fun at someone's joke with the same exact joke in RVS?

Honestly, tell me what the point is of you badgering me about a joke. Is there something you want to get from me out of this? If so, be more direct about it instead of going on and on about that silly post.

Though I do agree with you about Joker being abnormally nervous this early in the game.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Obviously, you're painting me as scum based on nothing.
Is that not what everyone does as soon as a game starts? There is literally nothing to base any suspicion off of (other than you being incredibly defensive at insignificant votes.

To be honest, the way you're acting is drawing quite a bit more attention to yourself than I assume you would like.

Why does this bother you so much so early? Be specific, please.
I just want a clear answer so please stay calm when answering me, lol.

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
If you feel that way then how do you feel about Ryker's support of scrutinizing Joker? Why do you find my stating my suspicions to be opportunistic right before asking everyone in the game for their suspicions?
It wasn't so much about you stating your suspicions as the way you went about doing it. Perhaps it was just the timing that you said you mildly supported joker's lynch but then went off voting someone else. It didn't exactly sit right with me. I think at this point, enough has happened for everyone to at least base some sort of opinion on -someone-. If they can't, well then dammit they either aren't paying enough attention or are just plain scum.

I'm not sold on joker's behavior because I really don't think it confirms anything about him. I've been ten times as jumpy as town before... However, my playstyle is -always- day one lynch so I'm willing to toss a vote his way if it comes down to it. I still don't like tako's earlier statement. Idk about ryker either because it feels like he's pressing really hard for this lynch. I'm not saying I necessarily find it to be scummy, but I do find it to be of note... I would say it's likely that either joker is scum, or one of the people/jdietz is scum for supporting/pressing this lynch so hard. Nevertheless, I find my vote would be best suited there at the end of the day, but I really don't want to give anyone the opportunity to quicklynch him. Still, his lynch would easily be the most informational of anyone, and I can leave my hunches on the backburner for a later date.

John2k4

The End of an Era
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

BadWolf(1): ToasterBrains
JTB(1): SneakyTako
LoliLovesRain(1): PrivateJoker-Brown
PrivateJoker-Brown(3): LoliLovesRain, Ryker, JTB
SneakyTako(2): Monstmrna, JDietz
ToasterBrains(1): BadWolf

Deadline is: 8/26, 11:59PM MST.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Is that not what everyone does as soon as a game starts? There is literally nothing to base any suspicion off of (other than you being incredibly defensive at insignificant votes.
No, it's not. Forming a wagon on somebody who didn't do anything significant is not how all games begin.

To be honest, the way you're acting is drawing quite a bit more attention to yourself than I assume you would like.
I don't mind being scrutinized, since I have nothing to hide. What I don't like, is people telling me I did things that I never actually did, then telling me that's why I'm scum. Everyone keeps saying I'm nervous, but I'm not. I'm not being overly defensive or jumpy. These are not things that I am. I am being told, in no uncertain terms, that I deserve to be lynched based on my RVS post. I think I am responding rather appropriately to such an outrageous allegation.

Why does this bother you so much so early? Be specific, please.
I just want a clear answer so please stay calm when answering me, lol.
It doesn't bother me that I'm being looked at, it bothers me that I'm at L-2 based on nothing whatsoever, and now half the people in the game seem to think lynching me wouldn't be a half bad idea.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Fair enough joker. I mean, I won't put a vote on you just yet because I have no reason to even though you seem a little jumpy (to everyone but yourself apparently).

When I'm at a computer in the morning, I'm going to look all the posts pushing Joker. Maybe his reaction isn't totally false.

Still going to keep an eye on you, but for now you're still null to me. (As is everyone else.)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ah, and Unvote. The random vote on badwolf is no longer necessary. Things are somewhat building up now so that silly vote is meaningless. Forgot to do this earlier.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
It isn't. Nor am I voting you solely for your attempt. Remember you're not the only one looking for intent in the game, nor is "would let them die" the same as "let's lynch them now".

(and yeah I'm sad to say the question of "what if the IC is town vs. scum" comes up every newbie. I doubt anyone would have responded in any way other than the town response, but that doesn't mean we can't get something out of it)

I am interested why you would define something that you stated may have actually caused OMGUS in you as sheepish, however.
Sorry, fell asleep when I got off work since I've been sleeping for like 3 hours a day.

The reason why I think you are sheepish is because you said you are ready to lynch two players without having a very strong reason. You voted for me after monstermrna cast his vote, which seems like you wanted to join his movement non-chalantly. If I was scum, I would want to lynch town with as little attention to myself as possible, and this fits that description. The only reason why this is OMGUS is because it's coming from me, if someone else came to the same conclusion it would still be sheepish. It's not a very strong read though, since it's only the 2nd vote and their isn't much else to work with, but regardless you sounded very sure without having a strong reason.

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
I really don't like how lolilovesrain voted for joker in RVS then just vanished and has not commented about anything so far. It puts a bad feeling in my gut.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Is there any reason for your vote to switch? Your vote doesn't look random but rather you don't like something he said.
BadWolf told me a bit ago (like before this game) that if we were in a mafia game with Joker we both had to vote Joker day 1. I told him okay and so that's why I voted Joker.

I really don't like how lolilovesrain voted for joker in RVS then just vanished and has not commented about anything so far. It puts a bad feeling in my gut.
Reason I voted for joker in post above. I haven't vanished I'm actually caught up and I just haven't said much since I believe in quality over quantity but i just suck at this quality thing so i guess i can try going for quantity meh.

I have most people basically at null but looking at toaster,BW and joker doesn't seem like the worst of ideas. I'd also look at Ryker cuz he's Ryker.

I don't understand what JTB saw in me voting Joker.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
@Loli, so you admit that you have no reason outside of silliness for voting me, yet you leave your vote on me, despite it keeping me at L-2? You're willing to participate in my possible lynch without knowing why? Did you notice that Badwolf hasn't voted me?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
@Loli, so you admit that you have no reason outside of silliness for voting me, yet you leave your vote on me, despite it keeping me at L-2? You're willing to participate in my possible lynch without knowing why? Did you notice that Badwolf hasn't voted me?
Yup i voted you for the fun of it and yeah i'm leaving my vote on you despite it keeping you at L-2. Yes I'm willing to participate in your possible lynch although being at L-2 does not guarantee you to be lynched. I took EXTREME notice of the fact that BadWolf did not put his vote on you. It's actually why I'm perfectly fine with leaving my vote on you :)

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry, fell asleep when I got off work since I've been sleeping for like 3 hours a day.

The reason why I think you are sheepish is because you said you are ready to lynch two players without having a very strong reason. You voted for me after monstermrna cast his vote, which seems like you wanted to join his movement non-chalantly. If I was scum, I would want to lynch town with as little attention to myself as possible, and this fits that description. The only reason why this is OMGUS is because it's coming from me, if someone else came to the same conclusion it would still be sheepish. It's not a very strong read though, since it's only the 2nd vote and their isn't much else to work with, but regardless you sounded very sure without having a strong reason.
Ok I see. You got hung up on the fact there was already a vote on you.

Being willing without being sure is the RVS way. You do it exactly for the reasons of getting to know someone and formulating a better idea of their alignment when you aren't yet sure. It's what allows me to make conclusions like the fact I now consider you much more townie than when I voted you.

Unvote

@Mod: Request votecount

Top Bottom