• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 22: Cave Story - Game Over!

John2k4

The End of an Era
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

BadWolf(3): LoliLovesRain, Ryker, ToasterBrains
JDietz(2): JTB, Monstmrna
JTB(1): SneakyTako
LoliLovesRain(1): PrivateJoker-Brown
Monstmrna(1): JDietz
ToasterBrains(1): BadWolf

Deadline is: 8/26, 11:59PM MST.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
All the best kinds of popular
Yeah, it's like being popular with serial killers.

I smell Narcissism.

Vote: Badwolf
The only -ism worthy of being.

Damnit! I wanted to RVS vote Badwolf, but now I can't for fear of lynching him in RVS :mad:

Vote: Toasterbrains
Unvote
Vote: Ryker
Unvote
Vote: Lolilovesrain

cuz yall stole my idea.
Everyone wants me, unfortunately there isn't enough to go around.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Damnit! I wanted to RVS vote Badwolf, but now I can't for fear of lynching him in RVS :mad:

Vote: Toasterbrains
Unvote
Vote: Ryker
Unvote
Vote: Lolilovesrain

cuz yall stole my idea.
Don't be so fidgety with your votes!
Unvote
Vote: Joker
Unvote

:smirk:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Toaster, what do you think of tacos 32? Do you find anything odd about it?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I had three reasons for asking that question:

1.) I wanted to identify the strongest players and prod them. The two IC's are dangerous to leave alone, they are going to be the most difficult to judge since they have the most experience with the game. I thought to prod them early because having them be confirmed town would be most beneficial, and if they are scum they are going to need a lot more prodding if we are to expect sup-par play from both of them. They pose the highest threat as scum since they will be the most difficult to detect.

2.) Because I'm a troll.

3.) Not telling, at least not now.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
1.) I wanted to identify the strongest players and prod them. The two IC's are dangerous to leave alone, they are going to be the most difficult to judge since they have the most experience with the game. I thought to prod them early because having them be confirmed town would be most beneficial, and if they are scum they are going to need a lot more prodding if we are to expect sup-par play from both of them. They pose the highest threat as scum since they will be the most difficult to detect.
First off, that's not necessarily true. In fact, I would say the opposite is true. I'll find JTB hands down the easiest player in this game to read, in all likelihood, because I can expect good play from him. I don't have that luxury with any other slot, which is why this is a newbie game.

HOWEVER, you're on the right track with that caution because we are more likely to be able to garner the support necessary to push this game in whatever direction we think would be beneficial.

Now, can you elaborate on the bolded for me. We need more prodding if you ware to expect sub-par play from us? I have no clue what that is supposed to mean.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I would be willing to lynch Joker, Badwolf, and JDitz right now. That is my order of preference. Can I please find out why people are not voting on one of these three wagons yet? I find it unsettling that all three of them find themselves off of each other's wagons.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I would be willing to lynch Joker, Badwolf, and JDitz right now. That is my order of preference. Can I please find out why people are not voting on one of these three wagons yet? I find it unsettling that all three of them find themselves off of each other's wagons.
So why do you want the quicklynch? Those aren't very towny.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
First off, that's not necessarily true. In fact, I would say the opposite is true. I'll find JTB hands down the easiest player in this game to read, in all likelihood, because I can expect good play from him. I don't have that luxury with any other slot, which is why this is a newbie game.

HOWEVER, you're on the right track with that caution because we are more likely to be able to garner the support necessary to push this game in whatever direction we think would be beneficial.

Now, can you elaborate on the bolded for me. We need more prodding if you ware to expect sub-par play from us? I have no clue what that is supposed to mean.
It means I need to give you guys more chances to screw up. By prodding you guys I assume you would speak out more, which might increase the odds of you guys slipping.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
How much experience do you have with mafia tako?

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
I'm getting odd vibes from mr tako and I think I'm going to act on them. I really don't see how just because a person is experienced that means they have to talk more. It just feels weird, almost like he feels threatened by them. I don't really see why a townie would feel threatened by anyone, so..

unvote
vote:sneakytako

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
It's more like inexperienced player would feel more threatened by experienced player no matter the alliance. At least I think that's what he meant.

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
I don't think that's necessarily the case. I'm not exactly -in-experienced, but I've never felt threatened by anyone when I was town before.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
That's like saying I don't feel threatened going to the hood even though I grew up in the suburbs. He could be Mr. Rodgers, he could be O. J. Simpson. All I'm saying is if I knew this man grew up in the hood I need to be extra wary of this man while I'm in the hood.

Just saiyan.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll tell you after this game is over if you ask me again :p.
No, you can answer it now. I wasn't just 'wondering' what your experience was, you are playing shady and I want to know what to expect out of you.

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
That's like saying I don't feel threatened going to the hood even though I grew up in the suburbs. He could be Mr. Rodgers, he could be O. J. Simpson. All I'm saying is if I knew this man grew up in the hood I need to be extra wary of this man while I'm in the hood.

Just saiyan.
well see here's where I run into a problem. If you're town, what is there to be threatened about? Just keep an eye on them and if they lurk, point it out. However, if you're scum, there's a -lot- to be threatened by when a player is experienced... idk I've just got this itchy gut feeling saying you're not as town as you'd like us to believe...

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Any experienced player is going to know how to play the masses. The more experience he has the better he can influence the game, especially later in the game. So we might as well try and get more info now, because hidden IC scum is going to be the most dangerous thing late game.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
The highest priority atm is to test the most experienced players imo, especially if we don't have so little information.

But if you have already found info that can identify scum, please vote so we can all decide.

Right now I have no reads, I just wanna get more info on ICs first.

No, you can answer it now. I wasn't just 'wondering' what your experience was, you are playing shady and I want to know what to expect out of you.

This is my first game of Mafia online. Haven't played mafia IRL in years.

John2k4

The End of an Era
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

BadWolf(1): ToasterBrains
JTB(1): SneakyTako
LoliLovesRain(1): PrivateJoker-Brown
Monstmrna(1): JDietz
PrivateJoker-Brown(3): LoliLovesRain, Ryker, JTB
SneakyTako(1): Monstmrna
ToasterBrains(1): BadWolf

Deadline is: 8/26, 11:59PM MST.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Would lynch Joker or Taco toDay. (not putting Joker to L-1)

Vote: SneakyTako

Joker too nervous in RVS, Taco too nervous of IC's

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
The highest priority atm is to test the most experienced players imo, especially if we don't have so little information.

But if you have already found info that can identify scum, please vote so we can all decide.

Right now I have no reads, I just wanna get more info on ICs first.

This is my first game of Mafia online. Haven't played mafia IRL in years.
And what will you be looking at in order to try and test the ICs? What's your game plan.

Don't be so fidgety with your votes!
Unvote
Vote: Joker
Unvote

:smirk:
What was the point of this if you were just going to re-vote Badwolf when you were done. Why not just point it out voteless?

Top Bottom