• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 22: Cave Story - Game Over!

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Dude I was so mad when you just voted for Toast day 3.

Badwolf gave me the golden ticket by the end of day 1. It made it SOOOOO easy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Dude I was so mad when you just voted for Toast day 3.

Badwolf gave me the golden ticket by the end of day 1. It made it SOOOOO easy.
Yeah. But before he got lynched he said take a look at you after he died, which I was going to do if he was innocent, which he was.

And guess what I wasn't able to do.

I will never let you guys live this down damn it >:C

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No, I'm Balrog.

HUZZAH!

Really though, I want to do post game analysis because it's more help than any IC can give in game. I could've done it with the time I've already wasted, but I keep getting distracted from work and really should finish this last half hour's worth of stuff in the next hour I'm here.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If the whole loli/badwolf/joker thing didn't distract me so much, I would've gone straight for tako. You can't sit back and look for tells if you have never played online mafia since you don't know what tells to look for ;)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
<sarcasm> Holy ****! I was right? </sarcasm>
I'm almost certain it was just revenge for him being one of the primary people voting for you. The game's over, knock the 'tude off. :smirk: Ahahaha

Anyway, gonna go drown my sorrows in ice cream.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If the whole loli/badwolf/joker thing didn't distract me so much, I would've gone straight for tako. You can't sit back and look for tells if you have never played online mafia since you don't know what tells to look for ;)
Honestly, I would've revved the hell out of my chainsaw, probably gunning for you. I wanted him to play this game and would've told him to gun for me through the whole affair.

I kept myself as a bus option, but the need never arose.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I might not play online mafia, but I play these types of games all the time with OS's group IRL, and I have a rediculous win rate when I'm scum in these types of games.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Definitely alot better than I expected tako, well played dude

Joker, if you are getting wagoned and no one has put out any reasoning as to why, there's no need to worry about it. Generally people are fishing for reactions from you rather than actually wanting to lynch you and the reaction you gave was a highly scummy one. Your play definitely picked up as the day progressed, but unfortunately you had loli/badwolf hivemind gunning for you for no reason.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Definitely alot better than I expected tako, well played dude

Joker, if you are getting wagoned and no one has put out any reasoning as to why, there's no need to worry about it. Generally people are fishing for reactions from you rather than actually wanting to lynch you and the reaction you gave was a highly scummy one. Your play definitely picked up as the day progressed, but unfortunately you had loli/badwolf hivemind gunning for you for no reason.
Considering that once he had died I had pegged one of the scum team, I don't think I had no reason. You're riding me so hard I should be charging you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah, I would have lynched you as town up until the post I said something along the lines of "well that was unexpected."

I would've lynched a more experienced player even after it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Considering that once he had died I had pegged one of the scum team, I don't think I had no reason. You're riding me so hard I should be charging you.
Too bad you were so scummy that no one in their right mind would listen to you.

taunting the cop to target you? jesus, im still mad that you would even think thats a good idea

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
JTB, hydra with me sometime when you'll be able to be pretty active. I should be over my extra inactivity.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll let you know ryker, I'm taking a break from mafia so I can solely focus on league until season 2 ends.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Play that with me too, dammit. I want someone other than Kevin and the DGames crew that I got started on the game. I would love to have some fresh input from a credible source.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You never did explain why my flip had anything to do with the conclusion that tako was scum. Especially considering he wasn't even on my wagon, that doesn't seem like a logical conclusion to make. Like, it seems more like you had no idea what was going on, and you just made blind guesses. Since a few of them were right, you're just trying to make yourself look like a competent player by saying you did things with purpose. If you actually want ANYONE to believe you as a townie, you have to fill the town in on your reasoning for reads, not just say "Hey I think X is town and Y is scum." then be all butt mad that nobody believed you.

The facts say you lynched a townie in an extremely scummy manner whilst giving no logical reasoning, then made a couple reads with no reasoning. Explain how that does not look extremely bad for you, and do it without saying "but I was right, so nyeh"

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ouch... fast day 3 alpha.

I hope this is an explicit lesson for why you don't L-1 in Lylo without discussing lol

I want to know if Nurse JDitz would've saved you. I let Tako run the scum team.
Saved who? Toaster?

If you're asking if I'd have docc'd him the answer is "Hell no". But if I'd have stopped him from being the lynch choice had I still been alive the answer would be yes: I'd have been gunning for you Ryker (for still being alive with a kill on the field... I doc'd you N2 with the assumption that if scum was obvious enough to go for an IC N1 they'd finish the job N2). After that we'd have probably lost anyways because I'd go for Toaster next over Tako.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
You shouldn't even l-2 without discussing.

If a town votes another town, the game can end right there if both scum jump on.

Which is why I was mad at Ryker. The only case I could have made from there is that Ryker was absolutely sure/correct, thus the two scum didn't hop on.

I was going to kill monstmrna night 2, but that WIFOU comment made me re-consider JD.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mhmm.

Fun fact: I doc'd you N1 :3

(I followed the idea that scum would be afraid of a doc protect on an IC and would go for the towniest looking non-IC instead, which happened to be you. But that isn't what happened so I ended up just wifom'ing myself away from JTB)

... I've come to the crashing realization that when I roll doctor I use it as a terrible investigative if there's no one obvious to protect XP

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was going to kill monstmrna night 2, but that WIFOU comment made me re-consider JD.
It's a good thing you did then. I would have been on the Ryker hunt.

It's too bad no one who was actually town seemed to pick up on my suspicions, especially after telling him to stop hinting at roles that weren't in the open setup.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Saved who? Toaster?

If you're asking if I'd have docc'd him the answer is "Hell no". But if I'd have stopped him from being the lynch choice had I still been alive the answer would be yes: I'd have been gunning for you Ryker (for still being alive with a kill on the field... I doc'd you N2 with the assumption that if scum was obvious enough to go for an IC N1 they'd finish the job N2). After that we'd have probably lost anyways because I'd go for Toaster next over Tako.
That hurt my feelings Dietz. :(

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I read about the first 200 posts of this game. Jdietz was my first pick for scum, Ryker my second. Based off of his early play I would have never guessed that Tako was scum.

Good job with that whole "plan" thing you did there at the beginning Takeo, it looked super townie.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I read about the first 200 posts of this game. Jdietz was my first pick for scum, Ryker my second. Based off of his early play I would have never guessed that Tako was scum.

Good job with that whole "plan" thing you did there at the beginning Takeo, it looked super townie.
I know, it's weird to see me playing half conservative from drawing doctor.

EDIT: I just realized reading the scum QT Ryker RB'd me N1 even if I had actually attempted to protect JTB instead of Tako lol (then N2 I was shot). My doc role = useless this game XP

sneakytako

Smash Lord

You should read like the first 3 pages of day 2. Like pages 22-26, it was a hoot.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I know, it's weird to see me playing half conservative from drawing doctor.

EDIT: I just realized reading the scum QT Ryker RB'd me N1 even if I had actually attempted to protect JTB instead of Tako lol (then N2 I was shot). My doc role = useless this game XP

if I were you I would just target my not strongest town read. :3

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
1.) BadWolf

You're the one man I can't talk about.

2.) Jdietz

Bro, I like you when you're not being a huge *** monkey like when you first showed up. You played solidly. I thought it was obvious you were town, you just didn't do much with it.

3.) sneakytako

Talked to you during the game. Get out of newbie games, you twit. Hydra with me sometime.

4.) LoliLovesRain

You need to get into things. Pursue stuff. I know you're rational enough to get ideas based on what's happened in the game. I want to see you talking with people and keeping track of more than one thing at a time. "Never trust Ryker" is some pretty sound advice.

5.) Monstmrna

DON'T VOTE IN LYLO! Everyone learns the hard way once, but don't do it twice. There is a time and place for voting in LyLo, but that was far from it. There were things you needed to talk about because there were definitely more than one player you had to lynch to win and you needed to get that out before the day ended.

That being said, you're actually getting your feet wet in the game and things like scum hunting and individual situations will come after you get knocked down enough.

6.) ToasterBrains

I like you. You're independent. You could've played better, but this isn't a place I expect perfect play. Get out of newbie games. You'll lose. You'll look like a moron. You'll put your foot in your mouth. You'll learn though.

7.) PrivateJoker-Brown

You need to get a thicker skin. You have got to learn not to let things get to you and you have got to try and put yourself in other player's shoes. They do not know your alignment and they do not know what you were thinking. They cannot be expected to take your word for it if you've done something to make them think you were scum. If you don't learn to take yourself out of it, you'll stay an easy mislynch.

8.) JTB (IC)

You didn't get much of a chance at all.

9.) Ryker (IC)

Hi sexy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'll consider doing normal games, Ryker. This was actually my second game, but the first game in which I wasn't apathetic the entire time. I think I'll do one more newbie game before moving on just to get a feel for it a little more. Maybe. Thanks for the advice.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
2.) Jdietz

Bro, I like you when you're not being a huge *** monkey like when you first showed up. You played solidly. I thought it was obvious you were town, you just didn't do much with it.
I do too lol. I don't know what kind of weird mood I was in back then.

This game I really felt like I didn't have much place to go. I didn't have any solid town reads, but as doctor that's a huge problem.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Rule number 1 of any mafia game : Always assume Ryker is scum until he is dead and has flipped town or has been copped innocent in a game with no godfather / roles that turn up as cleared.

Loved reading this thread.
SneakyTako's name is perfect for this game :3

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'll consider doing normal games, Ryker. This was actually my second game, but the first game in which I wasn't apathetic the entire time. I think I'll do one more newbie game before moving on just to get a feel for it a little more. Maybe. Thanks for the advice.
You obviously have a grasp on how the game is played, get into an environment where you can actually work on the things you need to work on.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You obviously have a grasp on how the game is played, get into an environment where you can actually work on the things you need to work on.
You think? Hm. I'll give it a shot then. Next time I'm free, anyway. Might be free soon enough to join the Toonami large.

Top Bottom