• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 16/Homestuck Trolls Mafia - Game over! Who won?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
His attitude during your the forming of your wagon and the way he has been addressing dealing with you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
~~~~~~~

Also it seems I have mispoke a bit. I agree with Ryker a bit when dealing with WIFOM that it is a crucial part of mafia but it is a very confusing topic. xD

~~~~~~~

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So that all pretty much means... nothing has been established?

I'm a null-leaning scum? What does that even mean lol?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It means that he is reading you as null-leaning scum which makes you a null read that has some scummy looking posts. Nothing solidifying that you are scum in his reads list buuuut it could lead further or he can recant it based on things. That's pretty much what people mean when they say null-leaning scum/null-leaning town.

Courier, what do you make of Mine and Ryker's conversation?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Actually you're the one who said null-leaning scum :p

Um as for the chat between you two... I feel like Ryker is using the fact that you're a mentor to everybody (regardless of alignment) against you. Could this be a play to take the attention off him (Ryker)? I realize this is a wifom but what else can we do at this stage of the game?

Regarding the RVS, we are all newbies and I actually hope this lasts as long as possible (because I want to learn as much about this game as I can - having the RVS end so abruptly would suck).

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I said Vinyl was null-leaning scum. =P

It could also be an attempt to Ryker to use the fact that I'm a mentor against me to try and get me lynched.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Dear God, that's the scum team.
Okay I understand your position and it makes sense to me... but I was just speaking what I was actually thinking.

You really think I'm some expert that's plotting something with J? Seems like a desperate play to me if you're trying to use the learning process as evidence to point out who's scum and town.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
1. o-Serin-o
2. Courier
3. Vinyl. (1) - ORI_bro
4. Orboknown (2) - o-Serin-o, Darkside
5. Darkside
6. ORI_bro (1) - J
7. Cilvyn (1) - Orboknown
8. J (1) - Ryker
9. Ryker (3) - Cilvyn, Vinyl., Courier

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Thank you J.
Cilvyn,what problem is there with ryker(an established,authoritative player) taking charge?He hasn't done anything scummy yet to me.

:phone:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
What was it that the imposing figure smelled? Ahhhhh, that sweet aroma. Fear mixed with a dash of respect.

Cilvyn, why are you threatening players? Should your reads not be based on scummy actions as opposed to

Vote Courier

Orb, vote with me.
Rker,explain why i should vote with you.Not that i am against it, just want any reasoning.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I said Vinyl was null-leaning scum. =P

It could also be an attempt to Ryker to use the fact that I'm a mentor against me to try and get me lynched.
Oh my god, you're so full of ****. I've been pointing out where you are wrong as an IC and that's completely separate from you going out of your way to interfere with me moving the game forward.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Rker,explain why i should vote with you.Not that i am against it, just want any reasoning.

Because they're scum, first and foremost. As a rule of thumb, following my votes generally makes it so that I win. When I'm town, that means you can win too.

But that aside, what is YOUR stance on both J and Courier? What do you think about their approach to dealing with me?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Vinyl was sitting at L-2 (2 votes to lynch), which I made sure to specify in large bold letters, when he voted it. I say he was attempting to set Vinyl up for a quick mislynch with the way he didn't warn anyone that it was one vote to lynch. He wanted Vinyl to die quickly, cutting the day short.
If Courier flips scum, then Vinyl is town. That doesn't work in reverse.
progress.
Makes sense..
Unvote Vote courier

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Because they're scum, first and foremost. As a rule of thumb, following my votes generally makes it so that I win. When I'm town, that means you can win too.

But that aside, what is YOUR stance on both J and Courier? What do you think about their approach to dealing with me?
About J-J has been completely going against you.I think you are town, and J could be going against you to draw pressure iff of Courier,Whom i agree with your argument on.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh my god, you're so full of ****. I've been pointing out where you are wrong as an IC and that's completely separate from you going out of your way to interfere with me moving the game forward.
1.) I have not interferred with your "moving the game forward" which in your mind is just getting everyone to listen to you.
2.) You pointed out about the WIFOM IC thing. You aren't really answering questions for the newbies.
3.) Do you realize why I said what I said? It was in response to Courier.

@Orbo: What do you think of Ryker trying to use the fact he's a mentor to acquire votes by saying, "Rule of thumb, following me usually results in a win."?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Orbo, I haven't been completely against Ryker. I'm just not following him just because he wants me to and I don't really agree to his reasoning on Courier.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
About J-J has been completely going against you.I think you are town, and J could be going against you to draw pressure iff of Courier,Whom i agree with your argument on.

Why do you think Ryker is town? On the other side of this wifom is Ryker being scum trying to frame the town players.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
What?please rephrase this J.

His very quick hop-on onto Ryker had me worried and the way he tried to fluff his vote with a little reasoning seemed off to me.

Then there was the way he tried to discredit Ryker before he had even begun to defend himself by saying, "What is there to defend?"

Unvote
Vote: Vinyl

Orboknown

Smash Hero
1.)
@Orbo: What do you think of Ryker trying to use the fact he's a mentor to acquire votes by saying, "Rule of thumb, following me usually results in a win."?
The thing is,i've read past mafia where Ryker was a leader in finding/outing scum. Following anyone blindly is a bad path, especially if he/she is mafia..
So right now i agree with ryker on courier,But not on you.
For now.
Taking a sshower bwcause i smell like restaraunt.Be back in an hour or less.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Orbo, you're a sheep. You realize that right. Figure out what YOU think.

J, you're full of ****. You could not follow me all you like and you STILL don't have to interrupt what other players are doing. That is a Mafia 101 scumtell and you know it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
No, it's not.

I didn't interrupt you, I merely asked a question as to what you would do if Courier flipped town in your mind. =p

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
*hint to newbies*

If you want to get answers out of people, a good way to do as such is using a pressure tool every player is equipped with. =D

@Vinyl: What makes you say those things as if you know he has no evidence and trying to hurt Ryker's credibility more before he even says anything?

~~~~~~~~
Another short thing. When trying to addresse certain people, it is a lot easier for them to see it in thread by bolding their names and having an @ symbol as well for them to know it is directed at them. =P
~~~~~~~~
@Ryker: I'm also curious as to why you chose to vote Courier because it was completely random and almost like an RVS vote.
Then what happens if you are wrong and Courier is just silly town who believed killing someone that early is more beneficial?
Again, you knew as well as I did that I was shooting blanks, so you stepped in to derail it or force me to commit to a half stance that would bite me in the ***.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So you are on my case because I called you out on a bluff that I supposedly knew just to force you to commit to a read that you weren't ready on? Sheesh

I didn't know you were shooting blanks hence why I asked you about it. I also can't know as well you did because, I'm not you. =P

You weren't helping the newbies by derailing their attempts at discussion with you by not giving them an answer and ignoring them so pushing them to vote their suspects that they want answers out of is in fact trying to teach them. W.r.t. Courier, I was curious as to what you were doing which is why I asked.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Aside: Seems to me by staying on the sidelines and not posting too much makes people not vote for you?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
J form personal expiriancre with orbo the next chance he gets he is going to linch me. i fear for my life.
Why lynch someone who has given next to no indication if their intents?Also,notice i have said nothing in response to your non-substantiated vote.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hahaha.

TBH, the opposite usually happens in mafia games by the end of the deadline if people cannot agree on a consensus. The people who post a lot just make it easier to acquire a read on whether it be town or scum while the opposite is true, those who don't post a lot make it harder to acquire a read on them.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Why lynch someone who has given next to no indication if their intents?Also,notice i have said nothing in response to your non-substantiated vote.

This feels like a contradiction. ">.>

You say an opinion to Dark based on his vote on you....then you say "I have said nothing in response to your non-substantiated vote." when this post is, in reality, a response to said vote.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
The post was not a response to his vote but rather to his claim that i would lynch him at first chance.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I originally had you as my vote.J made me doubt myself,and Ryker said to stop. So i went back to my first choice.

Yes I realized that already.

Besides feeling the need to revote me for being called a Sheep, what exactly confirmed that I'm scum in your eyes?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I originally had you as my vote.J made me doubt myself,and Ryker said to stop. So i went back to my first choice.

Try doing what Orbo wants and not want anyone else wants.

If you feel like you should still be voting Courier because that is what you want than continue but otherwise you shouldn't follow what others are saying you should do unless they have given you good reason to. It's still too early in the game to follow them blindly just because. ^^"

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
He didn't answer my question so my "pressuring" tool failed on him.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha, that's just Ryker.

Your pressure tool has to stay on longer and have them more at a risk for being a lynch by recruiting other people to vote him.

Like let's say you wanted to get Ryker lynched based on him not answering questions, you'd have to convince people to agree to you. If you wanted to get my vote off of Vinyl and onto Ryker, I'd need to be convinced pretty heavily because I am not feeling a Ryker lynch at the time.

Courier, if you unvoted Ryker, who is your biggest scum-suspect now?

~~~~~~~
Scum/Scum-suspect/Scum-read - Basically other words to describe Mafia/Anti-town members in which town is trying to extinguish from the game. It is more commonly used to use Scum because it is easier to type and more of a general word. =P
~~~~~~~

Top Bottom