• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 16/Homestuck Trolls Mafia - Game over! Who won?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
1. o-Serin-o
2. Courier (1) - Ryker
3. Vinyl. (2) - ORI_bro, Courier
4. Orboknown (1) - o-Serin-o
5. Darkside
6. ORI_bro (1) - J
7. Cilvyn (1) - Orboknown
8. J
9. Ryker (2) - Cilvyn, Vinyl.

Not voting: Darkside

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
We should take this very seriously, especialy the demand to J. to not Answer the question. I dont like Ryker being an authority in this game or becomming one. So, for the sake of not making yourself suspicious (And everyone else who climbs in a wagon in this early stage of the game) Answer the question J..
What was it that the imposing figure smelled? Ahhhhh, that sweet aroma. Fear mixed with a dash of respect.

Cilvyn, why are you threatening players? Should your reads not be based on scummy actions as opposed to

Vote Courier

Orb, vote with me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
~~~~~~
In the future, be sure to not edit posts in Mafia games because it is against the rules and considered cheating. I know the pain of wanting to change those grammar errors but ya gotta let 'em be. >.<"
~~~~~~

So it is completely random almost?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
All right, please explain why you voted for me.

(The word "can" implies a request, funnyguy.)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The explanation tyker is going to make up will have a lack of evidence.
Why would he explain when he's not even trying?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@ ICswhat are all the in thread commands we should need to know, such as Vote and whatnot?
~~~~~~~~~~
I forgot to get to this but here are some basic ones that are used now and again within threads as.

Unvote = The command to unvote players and remove your vote. It must be bolded to count.
Vote: Sworddancer. = The command to vote a player and make them a bit closer to the lynch of the day. It's your best tool of pressure so use it well. It must be bolded to count.
IGMEOU = I-Got-My-Eye-On-U. Basically what this means is that you are looking at someone with that sideways glance that lets them know you are a tiny bit suspicious but it's only enough to make them look at them with a perplexed eye.
FoS = Finger of Suspicion. This is basically labeling that you find someone scummy to a degree that you are pointing your finger on them but you don't feel it is confidant enough to place a vote on them or if you don't wanna remove your vote, this is a great way to show your second scum-pick.
HoS = Hand of Suspicon. This is a larger degree of FoS which you feel someone is really really scummy and you may change their vote to them or making it known that they are really suspicious to you.

*For IGMEOU/FoS/HoS, bolding them makes them easier to see against other players and allows them to know what you are thinking. These techniques are considered weak because they don't do much of anything at all to the person besides letting them know. Voting is a much more effective method pressure, but a well placed FoS can lead to breakthroughs sometimes.

@MoD = This is the command to adresse the mod to ask for players to be prodded if you feel they are becomming inactive in the thread and they are just not here at the current time. This is also if you have any questions toward the mod about anything. Most of the time the @Mod command is used to ask for vote-counts and prods.

I think that is a good amount to know at the time and if Ryker wants to add anything to this list than yay otherwise this is pretty much the jist of mafia in-thread commands. ^^ I hope that answers your question.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*hint to newbies*

If you want to get answers out of people, a good way to do as such is using a pressure tool every player is equipped with. =D

@Vinyl: What makes you say those things as if you know he has no evidence and trying to hurt Ryker's credibility more before he even says anything?

~~~~~~~~
Another short thing. When trying to addresse certain people, it is a lot easier for them to see it in thread by bolding their names and having an @ symbol as well for them to know it is directed at them. =P
~~~~~~~~

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
If you want to get answers out of people, a good way to do as such is using a pressure tool every player is equipped with. =D
Okay, I'll trust you on this!

Unvote. Vote: Ryker

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
IGMEOU = I-Got-My-Eye-On-U. Basically what this means is that you are looking at someone with that sideways glance that lets them know you are a tiny bit suspicious but it's only enough to make them look at them with a perplexed eye.
FoS = Finger of Suspicion. This is basically labeling that you find someone scummy to a degree that you are pointing your finger on them but you don't feel it is confidant enough to place a vote on them or if you don't wanna remove your vote, this is a great way to show your second scum-pick.
HoS = Hand of Suspicon. This is a larger degree of FoS which you feel someone is really really scummy and you may change their vote to them or making it known that they are really suspicious to you.
All of those are pretty balls useless.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
In the past pages, tyker only decides to vote on me first. Since it started, it would make sense that sense that someone would do that and then explain after some other posts from other people, in which they would prove their point.

I only asked a questoon and has just backstabbed it with his.
Okay, that is fine but multiple backstabs is somewhat upsetting.

Now he has started doing the same thing as he invited and voted on another.
And that would be very odd as that person he has voted (Cory) hasn't done much to see himself as scum.

Uh, well that's all I guess.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
In the past pages, tyker only decides to vote on me first. Since it started, it would make sense that sense that someone would do that and then explain after some other posts from other people, in which they would prove their point.

I only asked a questoon and has just backstabbed it with his.
Okay, that is fine but multiple backstabs is somewhat upsetting.

Now he has started doing the same thing as he invited and voted on another.
And that would be very odd as that person he has voted (Cory) hasn't done much to see himself as scum.

Uh, well that's all I guess.
I can't understand you. At all. I have no idea what you're trying to say.

I had no opinion of Vinyl to begin with.
Then why did you vote him?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I think I mentioned that my original gameplan was to have somebody leave as soon as possible to build a gameplan. After learning that strategy was not a good one, I decided not to take any further actions.

I voted for you after taking the advice of J.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Since everything is apparently baseless at the moment, I have nothing but curiosities :p

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have to agree with Ryker saying I really didn't understand what you were saying. ^^"

@Ryker: To some people, it's more useful. I'm also curious as to why you chose to vote Courier because it was completely random and almost like an RVS vote.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Allow me to propose an alternate motivation for Courier's vote. Vinyl was sitting at L-2 (2 votes to lynch), which I made sure to specify in large bold letters, when he voted it. I say he was attempting to set Vinyl up for a quick mislynch with the way he didn't warn anyone that it was one vote to lynch. He wanted Vinyl to die quickly, cutting the day short.

If Courier flips scum, then Vinyl is town. That doesn't work in reverse.

J, you and Orb need to vote with me. We've got one scum, so let's keep up the forward progress.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Then what happens if you are wrong and Courier is just silly town who believed killing someone that early is more beneficial?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Eh I guess that makes sense.

To be honest though I didn't realize I had to inform everybody how many votes were required to lynch somebody. I did want Vinyl to die quickly (I would have voted for the majority at that point in time) for reasons that are apparently less than ideal.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Eh I guess that makes sense.

To be honest though I didn't realize I had to inform everybody how many votes were required to lynch somebody. I did want Vinyl to die quickly (I would have voted for the majority at that point in time) for reasons that are apparently less than ideal.
You don't have to do the bolded. It's more of a courtesy but you couldn't have known that unless you've played more mafia games. However, Ryker's point on you is a stretch and especially one to use on a newb.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
No, it doesn't still stand because you know as well as I do that I'm trying to make something happen. Newbie games get stuck in RVS for ****ing forever, so I'm trying to keep it from getting mired down whereas you are getting in my way. The problem is that you know better than that meaning it's a conscious decision to try and leave us stuck in RVS.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Would not be surprised at all if J isn't defending Courier only because they're scummates. He didn't bother the Vinyl wagon AT ALL even though it went to L-1.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I didn't feel RVS was getting stuck in this game and even if it does for a little bit, whatever then because it's a newbie game and it's easier for having them transition slowly rather than super-fast like most games happen nowadays. People were beginning to form opinions and were beginning to show inklings that they had suspicions. (I.E. The wagon forming on you was most likely looking as the RVS get out of wagon)

The Courier vote was full of nothing than and had no point other than to try and get an out of RVS wagon forming?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Would not be surprised at all if J is defending Courier only because they're scummates. He didn't bother the Vinyl wagon AT ALL even though it went to L-1.
*fixed your wording because it didn't make sense otherwise. =P*

This WIFOM is terrible.

Also I didn't bother with the Vinyl wagon because I don't really see any reason to stop it. He is null-leaning scummy at the moment for me.

The same thing could be said that you are defending Vinyl because you are his scum-mate but that's a terrible WIFOM ridden path to follow. =/ You started so it could possibly look like easy bussing then dropped it when it was going somewhere.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
~~~~~~~~~~~
Actually, let me go more in-depth into explaining WIFOM using this conversation with Ryker as an example.

Ryker has said that he wouldn't be surprised if J was defending Courier because they are scum-mates. The fact is I could be his scum-mate and doing what Ryker is saying. I could also be scum defending Courier to set Courier up for a lynch when I am lynched to confuse town. Or I could be town just defending Courier. What if I am scum trying to mess things up? What if I am scum and know Courier is scum?

What if me and Ryker are both scum and trying to dissuade that we are not scum by having an argument together? What is one of us is trying to set the other up for a lynch to have the other do well? What if we are trying to persuade town into picking sides and pushing Courier and Vinyl seperately to make people not look at us?

It goes in circles and cannot be determined until the end of the game with concrete info.

The same goes for NK's (Night Kills) where basically all thoughts of "Ryker would have killed Cilvyn because he was suspicous of him the previous day." NK WIFOM is a terrible thing to drink. =P Mafia could be setting up Ryker for the lynch based on Cilvyn's NK or he could be scum thinking town would think that or maybe mafia would think that they would think Ryker would be set up for the lynch but they would think that town would think he is scum trying to outsmart them by picking the obvious NK.

See haha? It's really confusing and not an accurate reason to call people out on nor is it ever really good to dabble in.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
See haha? It's really confusing and not an accurate reason to call people out on nor is it ever really good to dabble in.
BULL AND ****! Do NOT spread this line in a newbie game.

The thing about WIFOM is that the other guy will ALWAYS have an equally plausible scenario that COULD be what happened. Not only can you dabble in WIFOM, you HAVE to dabble in WIFOM. You have to look at their behavior and discern their MOTIVATION. That's a core principle of mafia. Discern their motivation and you discern their alignment.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also I didn't bother with the Vinyl wagon because I don't really see any reason to stop it. He is null-leaning scummy at the moment for me.

WHY!? That read makes no sense!

The same thing could be said that you are defending Vinyl because you are his scum-mate but that's a terrible WIFOM ridden path to follow. =/ You started so it could possibly look like easy bussing then dropped it when it was going somewhere.
Except not because that's unlikely given my behavior this game. I won't go into arguing my own merits because self-meta is stupid as ****.

Top Bottom