• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 14 - Ovah?!?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 1 - Votecount #5:

---

Voted: |
Voting:
| Votes:
|
Panta |
Ryker, X1-12, felipe_5959, Kantrip​
|
4 / 5​

o-Serin-o |
Terywj​
|
1 / 5​

Kantrip |
MARaTHonman​
|
1 / 5​

X1-12 |
adumbrodeus, Panta​
|
2 / 5​

---

Not voting: o-Serin-o;
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Not Voting

If that's how you do it.

Nobody has honestly seemed all that scummy to be (mainly because you guys know tells that I don't know or don't look for), thus there is no good reason for me to vote.

X1-12

Smash Champion
If anyone needs to look up an abbreviation just use this page

Serin what do you think about Panta changing his scumread on me without giving reason (other than saying "it was a gift")? Ask yourself whether you think this is an action which could be done by scum or town or both?

In general I would suggest that you try to ask questions like "Why would player X do action Y as Scum/Town"

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I've always had the mindset of RVS being somewhat beneficial.
Then explain how you think so. Still strikes me as peculiar since you claim you always thought RVS was helpful to town but in the very beginning you offer yourself as a lynch that would quite frankly not help in any possible way.

What makes it so obvious that Ryker is town? Explain it to me?
The beginning was RVS and a joke, but as the game progressed I liked Ryker's posts (rare!) hence my read.

Also, what up with quoting that random Ryker post about why I defended Felipe and not others?

Regardless of why he did it, it shows a high level of willingness to put oneself into the center of attention and lack of concern for survival.
I'm aware, hence why I'm leading this case on Serin right now.

Not Voting

If that's how you do it.

Nobody has honestly seemed all that scummy to be (mainly because you guys know tells that I don't know or don't look for), thus there is no good reason for me to vote.
Then I encourage you to look. There are plenty of interactions in this game which can provide at least minimal information, which is being generous. X1/Adumb, Kantrip/Tery, etc. etc. Do you think not having a good stance on anyone justifies a No Lynch on Day 1?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
LoL at serin not voting when Panta already haves 5 votes. It doesnt help you. If panta is maf then you can look suspicious (Just a recommendation).

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
We Cant NL, its completly useless, what is the point on doing it d1???. Someone haves to switchs to Panta. Atm he is the scummiest person of the game and he is not a pr (well, he havent claimed a PR yet), we dont loose anything with his lynch.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
It would have been a mess. Lulz at gheb lynching someone , revealing his role, closing the thread with only 4 votes on Panta xDDDDD

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
because i thought the day was going to end with the 9 votes, but derp, i forgot about Forum maf have a deadline and blablabla

Vote Panta

But seriously, someone haves to switch.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
X1-12 said:
Serin what do you think about Panta changing his scumread on me without giving reason (other than saying "it was a gift")? Ask yourself whether you think this is an action which could be done by scum or town or both?

In general I would suggest that you try to ask questions like "Why would player X do action Y as Scum/Town"
When you put it like that, there really is no real reason why he would just take his vote off of you as a townie.

I won't post just yet. I'll look through his posts again.

:phone:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah, been out of my house for the past few days. I'll be back and settled in late Saturday.

Unvote as I haven't been keeping up.

X1, should I still be voting Panta?

Felipe, could we swing a wagon on Kantrip?

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 1 - Votecount #6:

---

Voting:
| Votes:
|
Panta |
X1-12, felipe_5959, Kantrip​
|
3 / 5​

o-Serin-o |
Terywj​
|
1 / 5​

Kantrip |
MARaTHonman​
|
1 / 5​

X1-12 |
adumbrodeus, Panta​
|
2 / 5​

---

Not voting: Ryker, o-Serin-o;

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@Adum: I've fully explained the reasons behind my questions.
Not satisfactorily.

Why you asking useless questions? Did you not realize that most players consider rvs useless but engage in it cause there's nothing better to do? Did you legitimately consider that empty question pressure, if so why?

I'm aware, hence why I'm leading this case on Serin right now.

Heh?.... that does not follow, at all.

You're leading a case on him BECAUSE he did things that suggest he's obvious town with no reason to believe he was capable of faking it?

Hell, based on what I know of him so far he probably thought that he WAS gonna get lynched as he volunteered.

Tery... y u so bad?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What? I just want him to get more involved. It's not gonna be fun if Serin plays every Mafia game like that regardless of alignment.

Also, I already know I'm ****ing terrible, okay?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
vote: Tery

I don't like this at all, you're coming on far too strong for trying to help him as opposed to making a case. I don't buy it at all.

Admittedly, that was pretty clever though.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ahh whatever. My vote stays. This is getting dumb fast. Surprised you didn't vote me 10 minutes into the day with that attitude.

I fail to see how that is clever in any sense, but I'm past the point of caring.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
YESH!!!! **** YOU STUPID NEIGHTBOURS!!!

Okay guys, this is my situation. 18 september (Dy of the independency). My parents decided to go to the ****ing MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. Our neightbours have wifi but only 1 can pc can be used at the same time. I waited for long 3 hours to leave this message (3 am).

I will not be able to post until thursday :( (or Monday on night with some luck)

i will try to reread (if i dont get an error message before)

Did i vote after i unvoted??? if not then

Vote: Panta

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 1 - Votecount #7:

---

Voting:
| Votes:
|
Panta |
X1-12, felipe_5959, Kantrip​
|
3 / 5​

o-Serin-o |
Terywj​
|
1 / 5​

Kantrip |
MARaTHonman​
|
1 / 5​

X1-12 |
Panta​
|
2 / 5​

Terywj |
adumbrodeus​
|
1 / 5​

---

Not voting: Ryker, o-Serin-o;

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yes, because Mafia would want to volunteer to be lynched during Day 1.

Morever, I'd like to believe that scum would actually be more active that lurkish.
Both of those lines are completely useless, Serin, because it's pure WIFOM. By that logic, mafia could volunteer to be lynched BECAUSE no mafia would volunteer to be lynched. Mafia could be lurkish because you don't believe they would. They then ride out your arbitrary clears for no reason at all.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Are you purposely being dense? Why would I not vote one of my "bigger scumpicks"? I knew that my reasoning was shakey on Ryker and Felipe. That is why I FoS'ed them. I wanted to probe to see what his actions were for repeating the action and he complied (albeit with a little bit of struggle). Ryker has been giving off town tells throughout the day (I like the way he is playing in this game a lot more than those other ones I've read) and he is probably the only one on my wagon that I can say with a little bit of confidence that he has the town's best intentions at heart.

You on the other hand just used the weakest reasoning ever to put me at L-1.

This post just baffles me.

I think I am going to have to return to a Kantrip vote if no one is willing to take a closer look at X1. If only for this post. :|

I'll claim when someone shows intent to hammer, but until then, no thank you. :)
You aren't DOING anything. Your pointing fingers subtly and leaving yourself a backdoor the entire time. You can go.

Vote Panta L-1 again.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
How has Ryker been proved as townie? He's disregarded posts as either irrelevant or weak, only claimed Felipe as scum, and stated his willingness to vote three different people if needed.
What? I've said I'll lynch any of those players, not that I'd vote them if needed. I've kept you updated on my scum reads and I've gone out there to research my reads. Please don't try to put a snake in my boot.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
X1: Continuing to avoid justifying your question choice?
Your X1 case is VERY bad and I'm perfectly willing to lynch you for it. YOU'RE the one with no justification for trying to keep pointing a finger at X1 when all it does is attempt to discredit him. You're poisoning the water hole.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
LoL at serin not voting when Panta already haves 5 votes. It doesnt help you. If panta is maf then you can look suspicious (Just a recommendation).
If Panta flips scum, YOU DIE! Not being on the lynch wagon of a scum is not scummy in and of itself. This post is threatening Serin so that he'll vote and the day will end. That's SOOOOOOO not bueno.

Panta

Smash Cadet
Calling for Panta to claim.
I'm a green bean vanilla townie.

And I am not going to flip scum so you can stop trying to set up his lynch, Ryker.

And how am I leaving myself a backdoor? For my suspicions of both of you?

This game is potentially breakable if everyone claims seeing as it is open, but it is too early for that.

Tery, why have you not commented on what has passed during the day? You seem entirely noncommittal about my lynch.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm very noncommittal about this game now. You can blame Adumbrodeus' dumb **** for that. I have no thoughts in particular about you, so I'm not willing to hammer.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Should have my power cable soon, wanna reread panta before he gets hammered. I'll hammer if it gets too late.

@mod: When exactly is the deadline? 12 am?

Panta

Smash Cadet
We should probably get hammering soon, the deadline is tomorrow.

Panta who are your top 2 scumpicks?
You and Kantrip.

Don't let Tery try to pull any, I thought he was town and therefore that was why I was not on his wagon, bull tomorrow.

Game is breakable probably by Day 2 anyway so... Cheers to me being D1 lynch. Again. In my second newbie. Because of the deadline.

*sigh*

Top Bottom