• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 14 - Ovah?!?

Panta

Smash Cadet
i think i wasnt clear enought. I did it when i stated how he fosed me just based on how Ryker was on me. I think is stupid to fos someone just absed in the fact of who is voting for him. I wasnt even here when he fosed me.
Did you not see the reason why I fos'ed you? Ryker did the same exact unvote, vote mechanic on my *** as his scumbuddy because I was inactive. When he repeated that same action on another INACTIVE player made me nervous. The similarities are too high and right now, hoping on to my wagon with Ryker, isn't helping either of your cases.

Please read the game before throwing your vote around willy nilly.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
ninjaed

hey panda, why are you so sure about serin being town??? i have him as a Blue too, but that doesnt mean he cant be a maf trying to mindgame the town (in fact, what if he was told to offfer himself as a sac??? in a newbie mafia nobody cant expect that, even IC)
This is an example of WIFOM (Wine In Front Of Me). It's just circular reasoning with no end. Serin could be town who is just dumb and offering himself or is actually Mafia trying to pretend to self-sacrifice for no reason or could be town trying to lure out noob Mafia to bite, etc. etc.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I know what Wifom is, dont worry, i am new to Forum Mafia but i am familiar to all the mafia terms (Wifom, lylo, Mylo, scumhunt, etc etc etc etc)

@Panta: in EM we call that meta xP And is a pretty weak argument. Well, is not an argument after all.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, sounds about right.

@Panta, if you could lynch two people right now, who would they be? Also, between adum and X1, who looks more townie to you and why?

Panta

Smash Cadet
This is an example of WIFOM (Wine In Front Of Me). It's just circular reasoning with no end. Serin could be town who is just dumb and offering himself or is actually Mafia trying to pretend to self-sacrifice for no reason or could be town trying to lure out noob Mafia to bite, etc. etc.
At least I think I described it accurately...?
You did and that is correct. That is a good point about Serin from Felipe, though. Regardless of Serin's alignment at this point, unless he has verifiable actions to confirm his towniness, he should not be left alive for 3plylo or whatever lylo we as a town enter. I know this will look scummy, but if it is out there at least scum can't use it against us. Serin's actions are ready to use tools for a mislynch. Now this may be contradictory, and I am prone to not thinking things out (lol Final Fantasy Mafia), but should the situation ever present itself (outside of mylo) were we are in danger of no lynching, I think a Serin lynch would be more beneficial to town. Think of it as cutting off an arm to save the body.

Does that make sense? :c

Panta

Smash Cadet
Oh and yeah, thats an acurate description XD
Normally I agree that meta is a very weak argument (especially on a player as erratic as Ryker), but the coincidence was too startling to not be put under suspicion.

Yeah, sounds about right.

@Panta, if you could lynch two people right now, who would they be? Also, between adum and X1, who looks more townie to you and why?
If we could lynch two people right now?

Ryker and X1.

X1 is more scummy to me based on his overall play and adumb really hasn't given me any reason to suspect his alignment.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Is your scumread on Ryker based on the meta of him voting and unvoting felipe? Does that not also mean you expect felipe to be scum? You don't seem to be acting as such.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Did you not see the reason why I fos'ed you? Ryker did the same exact unvote, vote mechanic on my *** as his scumbuddy because I was inactive. When he repeated that same action on another INACTIVE player made me nervous. The similarities are too high and right now, hoping on to my wagon with Ryker, isn't helping either of your cases.

Please read the game before throwing your vote around willy nilly.
If I link you two different games I did that where I was town, will you stop that? Check Pulp Fiction and one of two different Newbie games (from awhile back). I really, REALLY don't like how you're calling me scum without even trying to find a reason to call me scum. From an IC's standpoint, just night kill me and get it over with as this makes you look ****ing terrible.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
lol?

For your first question, you have misread something either by accident or intention. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt. There was no joke in my post. The joke was in Serin's post where he started with a serious tone and intent to vote Felipe, yet as he expanded the post I realized it was a joke (as evidenced by :awesome: and "everyone is doing it").

Kantrip created a post where he called the vote suspicious when it was obviously not meant to be taken serious. That is why I said he was trying to make something out of nothing.

For your second question, your questions quite frankly are crap. I saw that you were trying to spur discussion and scumhunt, but if those questions are any indication of your scum hunting ability, I am sorry, but you are just bad.

Serin is town that has no motive, but he is town. He is playing like a newbie (aren't we all) so that can't be held against him. Although I think he shouldn't be left in the last part of the game, but that is a discussion for late game.

Serin posting an RVS vote after standard game precedence had been set only further fortifies my newbie town read on him. If he was scum, would there be any reason why he would actively do that and potentially draw attention to himself? Scum have daytalk on this site and therefore can coordinate. That means he would be reprimanded by his scum mates and told the proper way to blend. From his play after that, it doesn't look like he is heeding any advice.

Your upgrade from scum to null was a gift, but clearly you want to be registered as scum again. :)

I thought I saw town intent in your questions, albeit weak town attempt, but after looking at Adumb's analysis of the very same post that I gave you town credit I am inclined to follow his reasoning as it makes more sense.

You are not a complete newbie and your play makes it seem like you are intentionally acting like this.

unvote:
vote: X1
This post is bad. You fluff it up with a lot of useless words. It doesn't say much. What it does say is either wrong, WIFOM, or unimportant.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 1 - Votecount #4:

---

Voted: |
Voting:
| Votes:
|
Panta |
Ryker, X1-12, felipe_5959​
|
3 / 5​

o-Serin-o |
Terywj​
|
1 / 5​

MARaTHonman |
Kantrip​
|
1 / 5​

Kantrip |
MARaTHonman​
|
1 / 5​

X1-12 |
adumbrodeus, Panta​
|
2 / 5​

---

Not voting: o-Serin-o;
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

Panta

Smash Cadet
If I link you two different games I did that where I was town, will you stop that? Check Pulp Fiction and one of two different Newbie games (from awhile back). I really, REALLY don't like how you're calling me scum without even trying to find a reason to call me scum. From an IC's standpoint, just night kill me and get it over with as this makes you look ****ing terrible.
Ok then. Was it really that hard to say that from the beginning?

Take Tery off this list. Put Panta and Adum above Felipe and Serin. I'm content to lynch Panta no, no jokes.
And why are you content to lynch me? Based off what you consider a "fluff" post?

Panta literally just said that he changed his read on me 'as a gift'

Yeah he can die
More or less.

What? No thank you note?

Kantrip, I did connect Ryker and Felipe together. Did you not see my FoS on them both when I first saw Ryker's unvote, vote action?

If what Ryker says is true (and I am going to look at it now) then I believe him and I will take the FoS off both of them.

Ryker is retaliation voting me. I can see the reason for it (I do it quite often), but I'll have to check the games he is talking about in order to be sure.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Panta, I meant in subsequent posts after the one you declared FoS on them in. You certainly weren't playing like they were your top scumpicks.

On top of that, if your top scumpicks are based off of the meta of ONE of the players, I don't even know....

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that and share your bigger scumpicks.

unvote

Vote: Panta

Note: Nobody hammer quite yet, give Panta time to defend and/or claim if those things are happening.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
@Serin: What made you change your mind about RVS? Earlier you said this:Also please respond to this post.
I've always had the mindset of RVS being somewhat beneficial.

Yes, because Mafia would want to volunteer to be lynched during Day 1.
@Everyone Else--What are your opinions on a Serin lynch in the event we have no solid options?
You seem to have your mind set on trying to find some way to get rid of me, or using threats of lynching me as an incentive to be more active in the game.
1.) X1-12
2.) Panta
3.) Marathonman
4.) Kantrip
5.) Felipe
6.) Serin
7.) Terywj
8.) Ryker
9.) Adumbrodeus
I expect at least one if not both the scumteam to be hiding amongst the inactive or less spoken members. I'm gonna try and analyze the X1-12 / Adumb discussion in the meantime.
Hence why I'm your number one suspect of being scum? I naturally don't post alot on SWF as I used to. Morever, I'd like to believe that scum would actually be more active that lurkish.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I've always had the mindset of RVS being somewhat beneficial.
I ask you, then: In which ways do you personally find RVS to be beneficial?

Yes, because Mafia would want to volunteer to be lynched during Day 1.
This is complete WIFOM as well. It stands to reason that neither alignment should volunteer to be lynched Day 1, as has been pointed out on several occasions.

You seem to have your mind set on trying to find some way to get rid of me, or using threats of lynching me as an incentive to be more active in the game.

Hence why I'm your number one suspect of being scum? I naturally don't post alot on SWF as I used to. Morever, I'd like to believe that scum would actually be more active that lurkish.
That may not necessarily be Tery's reasoning. You also create more WIFOM here. Maybe scum would know that town expects that they'd want to be more active, so they lurk? But then town thinks that scum would know that town would think they would be active, therefore they would lurk; town then knows that they may end up being active. See where this leads us?

Serin just jumped up a few rungs on my scumladder.

Kantrip

Kantplay
lylo is Lynch or Lose. This is the stage where scum's numbers almost equal town's, and town has to lynch scum that Night or scum will win.

mylo is Mislynch and Lose. This is when town loses if they mislynch. Probably the only stage where a NL is viable.

An IC can feel free to explain this better.

Panta

Smash Cadet
Panta, I meant in subsequent posts after the one you declared FoS on them in. You certainly weren't playing like they were your top scumpicks.

On top of that, if your top scumpicks are based off of the meta of ONE of the players, I don't even know....

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that and share your bigger scumpicks.

unvote

Vote: Panta

Note: Nobody hammer quite yet, give Panta time to defend and/or claim if those things are happening.
Are you purposely being dense? Why would I not vote one of my "bigger scumpicks"? I knew that my reasoning was shakey on Ryker and Felipe. That is why I FoS'ed them. I wanted to probe to see what his actions were for repeating the action and he complied (albeit with a little bit of struggle). Ryker has been giving off town tells throughout the day (I like the way he is playing in this game a lot more than those other ones I've read) and he is probably the only one on my wagon that I can say with a little bit of confidence that he has the town's best intentions at heart.

You on the other hand just used the weakest reasoning ever to put me at L-1.

This post just baffles me.

I think I am going to have to return to a Kantrip vote if no one is willing to take a closer look at X1. If only for this post. :|

I'll claim when someone shows intent to hammer, but until then, no thank you. :)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
You're not asking that for anyone else. Kantrip, especially, comes to mind seeing as he's been bothered a lot. Why do you feel the need to defend Felipe?
I ask you, then: In which ways do you personally find RVS to be beneficial?
From what I've seen, having someone being voted by more than one person initiates more conversation, usually starting with why that particular person was being voted. If more conversation happens, this leads to clues, which lead to the finding of scum.

This is complete WIFOM as well. It stands to reason that neither alignment should volunteer to be lynched Day 1, as has been pointed out on several occasions.
Fair enough.

That may not necessarily be Tery's reasoning. You also create more WIFOM here. Maybe scum would know that town expects that they'd want to be more active, so they lurk? But then town thinks that scum would know that town would think they would be active, therefore they would lurk; town then knows that they may end up being active. See where this leads us?
I see.

I never understood why Ryker never explaining his accusation of Felipe being scum due to that being anti-town.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Ryker has been giving off town tells throughout the day (I like the way he is playing in this game a lot more than those other ones I've read) and he is probably the only one on my wagon that I can say with a little bit of confidence that he has the town's best intentions at heart.
How has Ryker been proved as townie? He's disregarded posts as either irrelevant or weak, only claimed Felipe as scum, and stated his willingness to vote three different people if needed.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Panta, you can accuse me of being dense all you want. I'm not threatened. My reasoning for voting you wasn't even in that post, those were additional comments.

Alright, I understand you are suspicious of X1, but why? Also, what in my post in particular has you all up-in-arms wanting to switch your vote back to me? This flip-flopping doesn't seem warranted, in my opinion. It seems like your scumpicks are X1 and myself. If you could provide a case, it would probably help yours.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Panta, just wondering, but what really changed between your #249 and now? You said you'd lynch X1 and Ryker. Suddenly, Ryker's "obvtown" to you. Did you forget that you said you'd lynch him?

Panta

Smash Cadet
You're right. I shouldn't have used the words proved town (note I didn't say obv town..). That was premature on my part.

I was mostly willing to vote Ryker because of his insubordination and unwillingness to give actual reasons other than "are you actually doing that? You dumb mother *****".

An unpremature comment is that Ryker is more likely town than X1. Ryker's recent posts have in my opinion given him more town credibility in my eyes.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ryker has had 4 posts from when you answered to when you changed your mind. Show me which of those posts give him town credibility and why.

Regardless of the wording, you basically said Ryker is practically confirmed town to you. You didn't just say you'd be willing to vote him, you said you would LYNCH him if you could lynch two people.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Regardless of why he did it, it shows a high level of willingness to put oneself into the center of attention and lack of concern for survival.

Of course he could've been faking it, but his general noobishness strongly suggests that he lacks the ability to fake it or generally have the balls to try to imitate obvious-town. That and frankly, I think he expected to be killed based on the opinions he's given about d1 and rvs in general.

You did and that is correct. That is a good point about Serin from Felipe, though. Regardless of Serin's alignment at this point, unless he has verifiable actions to confirm his towniness, he should not be left alive for 3plylo or whatever lylo we as a town enter. I know this will look scummy, but if it is out there at least scum can't use it against us. Serin's actions are ready to use tools for a mislynch. Now this may be contradictory, and I am prone to not thinking things out (lol Final Fantasy Mafia), but should the situation ever present itself (outside of mylo) were we are in danger of no lynching, I think a Serin lynch would be more beneficial to town. Think of it as cutting off an arm to save the body.

Does that make sense? :c
Hmmm

Flipped a bit too easily there.

@panta: try again, why did you change your read before on x1? This time avoid fluourid prose... please. I'd like an actual answer not a nothing like you gave before.

Panta is dumb, that much is obvious, but I'm not sure if he's dumb scum or dumb town yet.

X1: Continuing to avoid justifying your question choice?

Top Bottom