• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 14 - Ovah?!?

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
Well I'm sorry my answers haven't been clear. I originally said Tery was playing you and Serin off each other as an observation, and was hoping to get other players' insight on it, cause I didn't know what to think of it. I agree that Tery was trying to help the newbies out. I have a town read on him right now.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright. No need to get defensive, I'm asking for further clarification and it doesn't mean I don't understand.

Is there a reason you're dodging other parts of my question?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
No need to word like that Kantrip.

Kantrip, can you specify the latter part of your post? Who is that directed to?

Marathonman, what do you think about X1-12 / Adumb?

Kantrip

Kantplay
A. Do you have any reads?

B. What is your opinion on Felipe specifically (taking into account his conversation with X1)?

These two parts please. Sorry about rudeness :)

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
I think you and Tery are town, and a slight scum read on felipe. It seemed odd he specifically called his vote a pressure vote and then didn't apply pressure. Does making someone vote mean that you applied pressure? I don't think so.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I only voted Adumb to get more posts from him (i wasnt able to read anything from him in his other posts, i just wanted something to read)
@Kantrip: Rereading (again), i will awnser when i finish (My english is not exactly good xPPPP)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Felipe, we already explained how voting someone just to get them to post and then unvoting is not a good tactic. There's pressure for a brief moment. If you want Adumb to talk, vote him, and then question him. If he's scum, it's very...uh, easy(?) for him to respond to something you say if you don't follow it up with anything, if you know what I'm saying.

When you can, I'd like a read on Serin, Marathonman.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Yeah i follow you :p

I cant Quote post from the wii (well, i can, but Internet Channel is slow as a turtle and i dont want to go back to page 7(again)) but i am interested on how Panta fosed me and Ryker. For that moment i was not even here (i was on a smash tourney). I dont think is logical to FOS someone because a person is voting for him.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright, thanks both of you. I will be awaiting your response when you're done your read felipe.

Where da panta x1 adum ryker squad at?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 1 - Votecount #3:

---

Voted: |
Voting:
| Votes:
||
felipe_5959 |
Ryker, adumbrodeus​
|
2 / 5​

o-Serin-o |
Terywj​
|
1 / 5​

MARaTHonman |
Kantrip​
|
1 / 5​

Kantrip |
MARaTHonman, Panta​
|
2 / 5​

---

Not voting: X1-12, o-Serin-o, felipe_5959;
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ok, that's enough, would've like a nail in the coffin, but what you already said, your unwillingness to answer the question, and your complete lack of any initive (beyond a truly pathetic attempt to attack me, and you didn't even take a hard stance based on it, let alone a vote) tells the story.

Kantrip explain your full motivation/thought process leading to you unvoting just then

@Serin: Do you believe RVS to be something that benefits town?

@felipe: Give me one sentence that explains why I shouldnt vote you
unvote; vote: X1-12

The first question has legitimate scumhunting applications.

The latter two are total trash, it's unnecessary to get into why this question is total trash in general because serin already stated his opinions on d1 in it's entity. He offered himself up as a d1 lynch because of his belief that d1 was fundamentally because you can't get much info during it.

For the third question, it's simply pointless, there's such an easy out to that question that it's completely immaterial, namely "well, I haven't actually said anything" cause felipe hadn't posted since confirmation phase. Furthermore the question itself is wrongheaded because it shifts the burden of the vote to the player being voted by giving the voting player "it was his fault cause he didn't convince me" as an out. Beyond that, it's too non-specific to really force anything useful. It's a trademark fluff question.

I considered that he might not know to make sure each question counts, but then he made this post.

X1 is scum.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why would you wait on me? What does that accomplish? This a forum which is designed for you to be able to post a message for me to respond to later.

Don't expect Adum to post often. He's hung me out to dry on activity before.
Did I ever receive an answer here?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ok, that's enough, would've like a nail in the coffin, but what you already said, your unwillingness to answer the question, and your complete lack of any initive (beyond a truly pathetic attempt to attack me, and you didn't even take a hard stance based on it, let alone a vote) tells the story.

unvote; vote: X1-12

The first question has legitimate scumhunting applications.

The latter two are total trash, it's unnecessary to get into why this question is total trash in general because serin already stated his opinions on d1 in it's entity. He offered himself up as a d1 lynch because of his belief that d1 was fundamentally because you can't get much info during it.

For the third question, it's simply pointless, there's such an easy out to that question that it's completely immaterial, namely "well, I haven't actually said anything" cause felipe hadn't posted since confirmation phase. Furthermore the question itself is wrongheaded because it shifts the burden of the vote to the player being voted by giving the voting player "it was his fault cause he didn't convince me" as an out. Beyond that, it's too non-specific to really force anything useful. It's a trademark fluff question.

I considered that he might not know to make sure each question counts, but then he made this post.

X1 is scum.
Not for that, he isn't. That's a hell of a reach.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I can see / agree with this. Should not be coming from X1-12.

Adumb said:
I'm iffy on this. This was still during RVS, where everyone seemed to go after Felipe, but I can question the intent / wording of the question.

Adumb said:

X1 is scum.
Hm. I don't see how this is sort of a "final push"? I did note the part where he avoided answering your question about Ryker.

I'm leaving my vote on Serin until he shows up (or gets modkilled :awesome:).

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Serin: Do you believe RVS to be something that benefits town?
This question solidifies Serins position that RVS is useful, it removes any wiggle room if he tries to argue semantics over the difference between RVS/D1. Hence the question I already asked someone about whether they thought Serin randomly voting when he didn't even agree with RVS.

@felipe: Give me one sentence that explains why I shouldnt vote you
New player + Ryker constant voting unvoting + more vote threats =....??? OMG its called pressure? Now how could this be pro-town in any way hmmm.....

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm iffy on this. This was still during RVS, where everyone seemed to go after Felipe, but I can question the intent / wording of the question.

Hm. I don't see how this is sort of a "final push"? I did note the part where he avoided answering your question about Ryker.
See, that's why the post I referenced was important, because in it he basically says that he had a purpose behind the questions in the post. Furthermore he openly acknowledges that he knows all questions should have a purpose.

X1 isn't egotistical enough to lie about having mafia knowledge when he doesn't have it (at least not in-game) so if they were fluff questions, then it's conscious fake contributing.

Not for that, he isn't. That's a hell of a reach.
Ryker, it's conscious fake contributing while knowing that it's something town shouldn't do. Doesn't push him into the territory of "nothing will ever convince me otherwise", but it's a pretty damn large scumtell.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
This question solidifies Serins position that RVS is useful, it removes any wiggle room if he tries to argue semantics over the difference between RVS/D1. Hence the question I already asked someone about whether they thought Serin randomly voting when he didn't even agree with RVS.
And how does that relate to his alignment or connections?

New player + Ryker constant voting unvoting + more vote threats =....??? OMG its called pressure? Now how could this be pro-town in any way hmmm.....
Completely ineffectual pressure that was no more likely to produce a scumtell then asking him what the weather was like in his area.

If you wanted to pressure him you could've voted then asked a useful question, or done either alone.

You have yet to prove that both of the questions had an actual scumhunting purpose as opposed to throwing random questions together to make it look like you were doing something.

And it certainly doesn't account for you refusing to answer for so long.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I refused to answer because there was literally no point in doing so. Explaining to you why I asked what I asked was not a good use of my time

And how does that relate to his alignment or connections?
He voted despite beleiving that RVS is not useful? If you can't see how following up on this question cannot be used to scumhunt then you really need some help

If I voted Felipe he would likely have taken it as RVS, unless I acted like I had some reason to believe he was scum why bother when I can put just as much pressure on with a question?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I refused to answer because there was literally no point in doing so. Explaining to you why I asked what I asked was not a good use of my time
And keep distracting people with it?

He voted despite beleiving that RVS is not useful? If you can't see how following up on this question cannot be used to scumhunt then you really need some help
And so do the vast majority of people regardless of alignment. How does that tell you anything about alignment?

If I voted Felipe he would likely have taken it as RVS, unless I acted like I had some reason to believe he was scum why bother when I can put just as much pressure on with a question?
A useless question doesn't offer appreciably any more pressure then nothing at all. Why didn't you ask a useful one or vote and ask a question?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I've seen this question, but never got around to answering it.

RVS is useful in a way that it sorta initiates interrogation towards a player that was voted. That response from the voted player can therefore start up the game.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Do you not understand the inherent joke in that post or did you miss the awesome smiley face? I agreed that the first part of voting Felipe looked scummy, but once I realized he posted that smiley face and voted Felipe it was an obvious joke. Scum don't unnecessarily attract attention to themselves like that and Serin is just being playful. You are trying to make it into something more than it is.
@Panta: Why is it that at the start of this paragraph you are unsure as to whether Kantrip missed the joke in your post, yet at the end you are convinced that he is "trying to make it into something more than it is" What led you to this conclusion that he was deliberately misinterpreting you rather than genuinely misunderstanding?

You say it was pointless asking serin whether he thought rvs was useful because he would def say no. If this is the case then what do you think about serin still choosing to post a random vote after actual content has started appearing?
@Panta: Answer the Above. Also please explain what it was that changed your read on me between posts #99 and #170 - In the first you dislike my play but later say you see no problems with it? The only reasoning you give is "I understand his questions but don't understand why he asked them" - How did this change me from a scum read to a null read?

@Serin: What made you change your mind about RVS? Earlier you said this:
If you kill scum by coincedence, it's still gonna count.

So it can be.
Also please respond to this post
First off this never answered my question of whether you think RVS is useful, but since you seemed to just role with the concept I'm going to assume you don't believe it is. The fact you believe that unvoting can completely absolve you of any blame associated with the original vote is also extremely weird, why do you believe this to be the case? Thirdly please actually explain your motivation for random voting when real content was flying about and there was enough things to discuss seriously, as wall as your motivation for this post - No human action is truly random, there's always a reason for everything - what is it?
Vote: Panta

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
My wii is oficially my new comp :/

My main FOS Is panta (i stated it earlier), next is Ryker.

Vote Panta

Kantrip, i cant say much about Marathon, a lot of his post were filler post, i dont have a decent read yet.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
And **** why everyone is logged as anonymous xP?????? Its not like you are insta-scum if you are looking at the topic but not posting on it,.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Felipe, where did you state Panta as a scumpick earlier? I may be missing it.

Waiting on answers from Panta before I pass judgement on him myself.

Panta

Smash Cadet
@Panta: Why is it that at the start of this paragraph you are unsure as to whether Kantrip missed the joke in your post, yet at the end you are convinced that he is "trying to make it into something more than it is" What led you to this conclusion that he was deliberately misinterpreting you rather than genuinely misunderstanding?

@Panta: Answer the Above. Also please explain what it was that changed your read on me between posts #99 and #170 - In the first you dislike my play but later say you see no problems with it? The only reasoning you give is "I understand his questions but don't understand why he asked them" - How did this change me from a scum read to a null read?

@Serin: What made you change your mind about RVS? Earlier you said this:Also please respond to this post

Vote: Panta
lol?

For your first question, you have misread something either by accident or intention. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt. There was no joke in my post. The joke was in Serin's post where he started with a serious tone and intent to vote Felipe, yet as he expanded the post I realized it was a joke (as evidenced by :awesome: and "everyone is doing it").

Kantrip created a post where he called the vote suspicious when it was obviously not meant to be taken serious. That is why I said he was trying to make something out of nothing.

For your second question, your questions quite frankly are crap. I saw that you were trying to spur discussion and scumhunt, but if those questions are any indication of your scum hunting ability, I am sorry, but you are just bad.

Serin is town that has no motive, but he is town. He is playing like a newbie (aren't we all) so that can't be held against him. Although I think he shouldn't be left in the last part of the game, but that is a discussion for late game.

Serin posting an RVS vote after standard game precedence had been set only further fortifies my newbie town read on him. If he was scum, would there be any reason why he would actively do that and potentially draw attention to himself? Scum have daytalk on this site and therefore can coordinate. That means he would be reprimanded by his scum mates and told the proper way to blend. From his play after that, it doesn't look like he is heeding any advice.

Your upgrade from scum to null was a gift, but clearly you want to be registered as scum again. :)

I thought I saw town intent in your questions, albeit weak town attempt, but after looking at Adumb's analysis of the very same post that I gave you town credit I am inclined to follow his reasoning as it makes more sense.

You are not a complete newbie and your play makes it seem like you are intentionally acting like this.

unvote:
vote: X1

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
i think i wasnt clear enought. I did it when i stated how he fosed me just based on how Ryker was on me. I think is stupid to fos someone just absed in the fact of who is voting for him. I wasnt even here when he fosed me.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
ninjaed

hey panda, why are you so sure about serin being town??? i have him as a Blue too, but that doesnt mean he cant be a maf trying to mindgame the town (in fact, what if he was told to offfer himself as a sac??? in a newbie mafia nobody cant expect that, even IC)

Top Bottom