• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 14 - Ovah?!?

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
@Kantrip Well I quoted the posts in my post. They were from D1 except the last.

My reads I guess are mostly based on instinct. After I read through the thread again, I noticed that Ryker and X1 were defending each other a lot, mostly Ryker. They seemed to help each other out a lot, and then Ryker made that comment and didn't explain it which I thought was weird.

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
Also, I don't like the way that Ryker has spoken to people. He has used the word obviously a couple times, and tried to make it seem like the reads we are making are invalid, but just stating that and not giving evidence. What are your thoughts, Kantrip, on Ryker's statement about X1 being obvious town?

Kantrip

Kantplay
You have to think about the intent. Why would Ryker say that as scum, knowing it will only arise suspicion, especially in a newbie. It's pretty much WIFOM. If I had to put a read on it I would go to say it's null, as the way Ryker's been talking is more of a personality thing than a role-specific thing.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Serin, what are your thoughts on adum and why didn't you address him or his lynch? Do you disagree with it, or would you rather just lynch Ryker more? If so, why?
Adum is neutral to me. Only reason I didnt address him is because he hasn't shown any signs of partnership towards any other players and kept his neutrality. He's kept it on just asking questions and making normal reads.

Like I said earlier, Ryker has been showing heavy defense for X1 as it is.

:phone:

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
Yeah but put together it all seems very scummy to me. And why would he say that as town and then not explain it? If he knew it would arouse suspicion, why would he say it and then not give back it up to try to dispel that suspicion later? Maybe this one point is sidetracking me, but I don't get it. What do you think of X1?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Vote: Ryker

Honestly, I was willing to vote Ryker or Tery, but due to what I've just read from Adumb and Ryker, I can feel better about myself for voting him.

I have also never seen Ryker justify his answers with other posts, unless I'm just overlooking something. Rather, he decides to make a claim on what you've said and move on to the next. That's some bull**** to me.

But what do I know.
I've also been seeing Ryker defend X1 on numerous occasions as well. And the fact that X1 just voted in favor of Ryker's argument towards Adumb doesn't help his case either way.

Either Ryker or X1 are scum.
I have a theory, but won't say yet. Depends on what happens in the next few hours or so. I don't wanna go farther than necessary.
You're not saying anything. Why is it scummy?

Second post may as well be blank.

Third post is the same.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@Ryker I know that this is a tired subject, but I still have questions about your obv-town claim with x1. At first all I wanted to know was why you thought that, but know I would like to hear your reasoning on why you will not explain that position, if only from the standpoint of a noob trying to learn more about Mafia. It just seems like making a strong case with evidence would help to narrow down the scum suspects. Maybe there is an obvious reason that I'm missing, but right now I don't see it.
Why do you need to know why he's obv town? I don't think you do. You're not pushing a case on him. I don't tell you more than I want to tell you as I am perfectly fine with the level of scrutiny on X1 on the moment. More would be bad, as would less.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also, I don't like the way that Ryker has spoken to people. He has used the word obviously a couple times, and tried to make it seem like the reads we are making are invalid, but just stating that and not giving evidence. What are your thoughts, Kantrip, on Ryker's statement about X1 being obvious town?
Because they're obviously wrong. Think of it as an invitation to go back and correct your errors.

As long as it doesn't reach a point where I have to reveal more to defend my reads, then I won't. Why would I?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't have a solid read on X1 at the moment, but he's leaning town. ToNight's flip pending, though. Connections are to be had no matter who we lynch. Ryker's post about X1 being obvtown isn't really of any importance and you can take it or leave it. I chose to leave it after inquiring the first time, as it's really not worth arguing about a WIFOM situation. If it makes sense later, great. If not, oh well. I fail to see how the post was scummy, though.

Serin, you haven't gathered any reads from the things adum has said? Like, at all?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You know ryker, this was EXACTLY why gheb didn't want you and swiss ICing together, pushing bull exactly like this to the newbies.
Your personal attacks make you look so much better. I am not trading walls with you, Adum. I'm not being drawn into that. You say I blatantly lied about mafia theory. I said the same thing. You know what that equates to? "No u."

What do we stand to gain from continuing this other than diving down tangents away from my central argument? At this point, I'm MUCH more content to let everyone else draw what they will from this argument as both sides have reached a point where further discussion is futile. Two people agree with you and think I'm scummy. That's fine, I'll set them straight after the game. You, however are close to a lynch. Claim time, bro.

If everyone else hasn't noticed, this post is a round about way of talking to everyone but Adum. Really, the only thing I need a response from him on is the claim request.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Good with lynching Serin after Adum goes. Marathonman only if Adum flips scum. Tery only if he flips town. I like Felipe better because he's been voting Adum with me since the start of this phase, but I have no idea what he's actually been saying. I skim a lot.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't see any blatant lying about mafia theory, just two IC's with contrasting opinions. I disagree with Tery lynch if adum flips town. I'd much rather look into Serin or X1, in that case.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It would take one hell of a bomb to make me lynch X1. There isn't ammunition out there to fuel the case and you'll have to explain that one to me.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
VT, we already had a vt flip

Either ryker or me is directly lying about mafia theory. Mods do not accelerate deadlines before all actions are in or explicitly declined.

If you people weren't all weren't lazy and would check, you'd KNOW he was lying, but whatever. On my townflip ryker is proven scum because there is no reason town to lie about this. As scum it's technically possible I would've lied for town points in this area, but there was no reason for me to lie about this as town.

It's VERY unlikely that any of the newbies are scum with him, more likely x1 then tery cause tery just doesn't know better whereas x1 had no excuse for jumping on when he knew that Ryker was lying about this.

Your personal attacks make you look so much better. I am not trading walls with you, Adum. I'm not being drawn into that. You say I blatantly lied about mafia theory. I said the same thing. You know what that equates to? "No u."

What do we stand to gain from continuing this other than diving down tangents away from my central argument? At this point, I'm MUCH more content to let everyone else draw what they will from this argument as both sides have reached a point where further discussion is futile. Two people agree with you and think I'm scummy. That's fine, I'll set them straight after the game. You, however are close to a lynch. Claim time, bro.

If everyone else hasn't noticed, this post is a round about way of talking to everyone but Adum. Really, the only thing I need a response from him on is the claim request.
Then why didn't you bring this possibility up in your other game?

Never IC again. Seriously. It's much more important that newbies learn the basics so they're just immune to this tactic then you illustrate that people will try to BS them and now there's a good chance they'll internalize incorrect info.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 2 - Votecount #5:

---

Voted: |
Voting:
| Votes:
|
adum |
Ryker, felipe_5959, Kantrip, X1-12​
|
4 / 5​

Ryker |
MARaTHonman, adumbrodeus, o-Serin-o​
|
3 / 5​

---

Not voting: Terywj;
With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Either ryker or me is directly lying about mafia theory. Mods do not accelerate deadlines before all actions are in or explicitly declined.
THIS is your case? This is why you're *****ing? I said I wouldn't care as host or player about a few minutes difference in deadline. I said Gheb could easily have started the phase. If you haven't noticed, Gheb STILL hasn't confirmed your information which would put the matter to rest. Why don't you PM him so he's sure to notice?

Never IC again. Seriously. It's much more important that newbies learn the basics so they're just immune to this tactic then you illustrate that people will try to BS them and now there's a good chance they'll internalize incorrect info.
Glad you're immature and all, but I said in the beginning that your take on mafia is way outta left field from anything most other players consider solid. I'll lie, cheat, and steal to win a game, but I won't mislead on mafia theory when I signed up to teach. Everything you've argued with on me has been misconstruction of my posts (Deadline bull****) or flat wrong (Chainsaw bull****). Please stop the personal attacks before I get Gheb to modkill you on Rule #1. I find you telling me never to IC completely disgusting.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Uhh sorry guys for not posting, i didnt have moneys for batterys for the wiimote (No joke), i will go to reread

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Uhm so the last 4 pages were just random fights between Adumb and Ryker, some random blank post from serin and marathon man (Have they something useful to say more than blank post???? All i have read from them is "I have a case but will post it later", followed with a random vote xP)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
lol, I would hammer but already have my vote on him?
LOL I can't read to save my life.
Hence why I posted that, my bad. I've warned everyone that I'm out of it for this week.

Or maybe Ryker and Adumb are ******** and both are town lol.
That doesn't seem likely. One of Adum / Ryker is scum.

Vote: Adumbrodeus

Also, if this makes me look Mafia, great. But we have better options to look into pertaining to Adumb's flip, even if I do want to get out of this game kinda.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
THIS is your case? This is why you're *****ing? I said I wouldn't care as host or player about a few minutes difference in deadline. I said Gheb could easily have started the phase. If you haven't noticed, Gheb STILL hasn't confirmed your information which would put the matter to rest. Why don't you PM him so he's sure to notice?
Because in case you haven't realized, mods don't confirm this sort of thing, even if it's basic information resulting from due diligence because it would still be confirming mafia either attempted to NK or explicitly declined the action.

Or maybe Ryker and Adumb are ******** and both are town lol.
No, one of us is directly lying.

Here's a hint, WHY HASN'T HE BROUGHT IT UP IN ANOTHER GAME WITH THE EXACT SAME SITUATION? More experienced town, he couldn't get away with it.

Also, then why were you voting me this entire time? You never jumping off ALLOWED this wagon to form.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@ryker: This isn't even a personal attack, I KNOW you're gambit happy and willing to take advantage of any situation. Usually that's a good thing, but as an IC your priority is TEACHING

Hammer him now Tery
Pushing a hammer when somebody has confirmed they're completely unsure and just were on the player before the case even developed (and based on our convo, I think he just forgot to unvote).

You didn't even ask why he still had his vote on me then.

Yea, major FoS X1.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Uhm so the last 4 pages were just random fights between Adumb and Ryker, some random blank post from serin and marathon man (Have they something useful to say more than blank post???? All i have read from them is "I have a case but will post it later", followed with a random vote xP)

Felipe has no idea what's going on, you didn't even confirm he was still up for the wagon before pushing the hammer.

Frankly, his last post before today he pretty much yielded the point and asked the mod.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 2 - Votecount #6:

---

Voted: |
Voting:
| Votes:
|
adum |
Ryker, felipe_5959, Kantrip, X1-12, Terywj​
|
5 / 5​

Ryker |
MARaTHonman, adumbrodeus, o-Serin-o​
|
3 / 5​

---​

A lynch has occured!
adumbrodeus - A green bean, vanilla townie - has been lynched!
Night 2 begins - sind in all Night Actions until Friday 30th, 6pm EST!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kantrip - a green bean, vanilla townie - has been killed during the Night!
Day 3 begins - with 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch!

Top Bottom