• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 14 - Ovah?!?

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
Vote Ryker

His scumminess has only grown worse. This is the second time that he has led a lynch on a townie.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Marathonman: How can you know that Ryker is scum pushing town Mislynches rather than Town being mistaken about who is scum?

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
Cause I don't like what Ryker's case on Adum was. They were arguing about the NK situation and trying to discredit each other. The way I see it, neither of them looked scummy to me for that specifically.

X1-12

Smash Champion
You could try bringing up some points against Ryker, or showing examples as to where his case on Adum wasn't genuine or didn't show townie intent?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Serin, you have no reasons and you need those to lynch people. They need to be especially good to lynch people like me.

Marathon, that was Adum's case on me. My case on him had nothing to do with that and everything to do with Adum's shoddily made cases. He was pushing for things that weren't scummy.

Vote Serin

Willing to lynch Serin, Felipe, and now Tery. Marathon can go, I guess.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Haha, are you a penishead? I feel Ryker is town because I have a town read on him and OMFG we are scum together. This is something I might expect from newbies but really Tery? Have you seen any good posts against Ryker? No. Have you seen Ryker do anything scummy? No. Do you disagree with Ryker's push on Adum? Clearly you don't because you voted for Adum yesterDay. Just because some people in this game think mafia is played as two-dimensionally as "lynching town makes you scum" doesn't mean you can try to jump in on this idea.

Would lynch Kantrip and Tery. Haven't paid enough attention to Felipe and Serin to know if they are dumb or scum.

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
Ryker, what are your largest scumpicks? You named 4/6 remaining players as those you would be willing to lynch.

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
Serin, you have no reasons and you need those to lynch people. They need to be especially good to lynch people like me.

Marathon, that was Adum's case on me. My case on him had nothing to do with that and everything to do with Adum's shoddily made cases. He was pushing for things that weren't scummy.

Vote Serin

Willing to lynch Serin, Felipe, and now Tery. Marathon can go, I guess.
I suppose the bolded is what I'm trying to get at. Perhaps this is noob inexperience, but to me, your case being Adums shoddily made case is a little weak and feels slightly off. I can understand trying to dig deeper because of that, but I don't think that is inherently scummy. And not enough to try to get that person lynched.

And from what I remember, you felt that Adum's push on X1 was a reach and trying only to discredit him, but isn't that what your case does to him?

And X1, why exactly did you vote for Serin? You said that you didn't know if he was dumb or scum. Wouldn't you have wanted to make sure you knew either way before you voted for him?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Haha, are you a penishead? I feel Ryker is town because I have a town read on him and OMFG we are scum together. This is something I might expect from newbies but really Tery? Have you seen any good posts against Ryker? No. Have you seen Ryker do anything scummy? No. Do you disagree with Ryker's push on Adum? Clearly you don't because you voted for Adum yesterDay. Just because some people in this game think mafia is played as two-dimensionally as "lynching town makes you scum" doesn't mean you can try to jump in on this idea.

Would lynch Kantrip and Tery. Haven't paid enough attention to Felipe and Serin to know if they are dumb or scum.
When have I ever been good at this? Answer me.

I'm well aware and have been an advocate that Ryker has been town, but with the recent turn of events. Also, Ryker, I'd like to hear your say on "You need reasons to vote people." et al X1-12 voting Serin.

Unvote

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, what are your largest scumpicks? You named 4/6 remaining players as those you would be willing to lynch.
Yes, yes I did. My vote is on the man I want to lynch and I've specified that you are the lowest on my lynchable list right now. Tery and Felipe are about even.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Vote Ryker

His scumminess has only grown worse. This is the second time that he has led a lynch on a townie.
This reasoning is exactly what I'd expect from a newbie who doesn't understand that you need to analyze INTENT as opposed to action. Leading a lynch on a townie doesn't mean anything, you have to analyze that lynch and see if I was doing it because I thought he was scum or because I wanted a mislynch. I lynched Adum for being wrong on multiple counts, but this was because of the things he was wrong about. Every case he spewed was a set of things that were not scummy, so I thought he was picking targets instead of looking for scum.

X1, today is MyLo. You thinking mass claim?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I suppose the bolded is what I'm trying to get at. Perhaps this is noob inexperience, but to me, your case being Adums shoddily made case is a little weak and feels slightly off. I can understand trying to dig deeper because of that, but I don't think that is inherently scummy. And not enough to try to get that person lynched.

And from what I remember, you felt that Adum's push on X1 was a reach and trying only to discredit him, but isn't that what your case does to him?
He's lynched, so, no, that isn't all my case did to him. I was never fishing to discredit Adum except on the points he was flat out wrong about that I didn't want other people buying. I was out to lynch him for the majority of the last day phase.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
We're lynching Serin today unless a miracle happens. His complete lack of content aside from his baseless push makes me want him gone sooooooooooooo much. The trick is getting a clear target out of Felipe, Tery, and MM for his scummate. Reading new players is hard because a lot of it comes down to scum versus inexperience. Either of them could be scum easily. Tery is scummy as well and more experienced in general. Given no other information, I would lynch Serin, then Tery, but that would be a crap shoot with the margin of error we have here.

I'm in favor of mass claiming right now to give us the most information toward singling out our last scum.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Wut today is Mylo, if we lynch wrong we lose. Tomorrow is going to be Lylo, but we will have a beeter chance of getting scum ( 40% over the 33% of today)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 3 - Votecount #1:

---

Voted: |
Voting:
| Votes:
|
o-Serin-o |
X1-12, Ryker​
|
2 / 4​

Ryker |
o-Serin-o, MARaTHonman​
|
2 / 4​

---​

Not voting: felipe_5959, Terywj;
With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch!!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Oh guys go to hell, you will not unvote no???

Vote:Serin

If you change your mind on the Nl, i will unvote, in the meanwhile i will vote my FOS.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Yeah Massclaim and get some unvoting done just incase someone puts us in a situation where scum can "alpha strike" (both scum simultaneously pile on their votes to a townie for the win)

X1-12

Smash Champion
Yarp, I'm the Neighbour and I saved Ryker on N1. Ryker is clear, so am I. Tracker claims now for 3rd clear.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
X1, check your mats. Today is 4 vs 2. f we NL tomorrow will b a 3 vs 2. If we mislynch wrong we lose.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Yes we could NL and survive until tomorrow but doing so now I've claimed would be dumb because I'll just die and nothing will be gained. If everyone claims we get half of the town cleared which means we have to pick the two scum out of a potential group of 3 players.

Claim Felipe, and everyone else

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Unvote

Blue aswell. Someone must be lying here . Ryker is clear so is between teryjw and me (without counting who hsnt claimed yet).

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Unvote

Blue aswell. Someone must be lying here . Ryker is clear so is between teryjw and me (without counting who hsnt claimed yet).

Top Bottom