• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 14 - Ovah?!?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
And again we ae playing with the "What if...."

Adumb, you know what is funny, how, in same of using argument against why you arent maf you only used meta to prove your point.
Mafia is played that way Felipe, unless you have cops you never have a concrete guilty, so you have to explain why based on scumslips.

But I never provided an argument as to why I'm not mafia. Only defense I made was my action was actually more targeted at getting to why the attack was scummy.

So tell me, why does my behavior display that I'm scum?

Burden of proof lies with the accuser. I'm not going into my town reads. Why don't you restate your case again so I can laugh at you.
I already gave my fake contribution case which you never debunked. Do you think that X1 is dumb enough to think those questions are legitimate?

The issue isn't that you think that x1 is town, the issue is that you think x1 is so town that I should automatically know, which therefore made my case scummy.

You're pushing a case on it, so explain.

People bend rules a lot. It happens, I really don't give a ****. I personally attack Gheb because it's fun and to demonstrate you have no proof that he's a half decent mod.

YOU have no plank to build this assumption from without first checking with Gheb on the information you posted. As an IC, all you'll do is confuse people if you're wrong, see how I asked Gheb about scum no kill prior to explaining what I was on about.

This tangent, however, gets us absolutely nowhere. Your pride can stay wounded or whatever and you can stop pushing discussion away from matters of consequence. Namely you being scum.
Don't give me that BS, deadlines being applicable is a basic assumption that is required for it to work. If not, the game becomes meaningless, in which case it's the mod that's at fault, not the players for assuming that the game followed structure.

No, this is your distraction, you were pushing it as a scumtell, and you have yet to make any actual substantiated case for me being scum. So explain or stop being a useless waste of space.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Oh and btw Adumb, gheb have commited some mistakes on this especific game (for example, when panda had 5 votes instead of 4), he is not perfect, he can commite mistake.

And your point is still invalid. With 3 prs the night would have take 30 at most. Not ****ing 3 day -6 hours.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
A townie would have explained why my argument was weak ( My argument was solely based on meta) but you didnt explain why my argument was weak (and is not that weak, it can still stand), you just explained minucious details about how the deadline was accelerated on... 6 hours and a few minutes.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
A townie would have explained why my argument was weak ( My argument was solely based on meta) but you didnt explain why my argument was weak (and is not that weak, it can still stand), you just explained minucious details about how the deadline was accelerated on... 6 hours and a few minutes.
That wasn't against you per say. It said nothing about your (or anyone else's) alignment.

That's just a general assumption that the game requires to work, mods will not accelerate the game without all night actions being in or explicitly declined if they have any competency. If they do, the game becomes irrelevant anyway because it breaks down without that assumption.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
But it happened, who here wakes up at 6 am to send his action (who could have been sended in other horary) ???? Nobody. it happened. The mod made a big mistake accelerating the day. I can bet money in the fact that maf couldnt kill cus this.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Ok lastpost before sleeping.

yeah i cant prrove it, but i have an idea, lets ask Gheb, he can awnser us.

Gheb, You accelerated the deadline because all the night actions were sent???

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
But it happened, who here wakes up at 6 am to send his action (who could have been sended in other horary) ???? Nobody. it happened. The mod made a big mistake accelerating the day. I can bet money in the fact that maf couldnt kill cus this.
That was 2:43 PM EST, and we have players all over the world in dgames. Plenty of players could've used that time.

Now I bet that you're gonna say that all it takes is 1 vote to lynch, and all our role PMs lied to us, also there's a jester in the game.

Sure, they're all assumptions, but deadlines being followed are more basic assumptions then these, and the game is no more functional with essentially random deadlines then with assumptions being untrue. Sure the rules and our role PMs say otherwise, but we can't assume that gheb is remotely competent so why are we making these assumptions?

BULLSH**, either we're assuming that this is a game of mafia or we aren't, if the deadlines are at a whim then it's not mafia and this is an irrelevant exercise anyway.

Also, what's your justification for calling me inactive? Why is that a scumtell?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 2 - Votecount #1:

---

Voted: |
Voting:
| Votes:
|
felipe_5959 |
Kantrip​
|
1 / 5​

Kantrip |
Terywj​
|
1 / 5​

adum |
Ryker, felipe_5959​
|
2 / 5​

Terywj |
adumbrodeus​
|
1 / 5​

---

Not voting: X1-12, MARaTHonman, o-Serin-o;
With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ok lastpost before sleeping.

yeah i cant prrove it, but i have an idea, lets ask Gheb, he can awnser us.

Gheb, You accelerated the deadline because all the night actions were sent???
Try asking those questions in a format that he would actually be able to respond to.

Regardless of how obvious it is, a mod is not going to answer what actions were or were not sent in. Furthermore your question confirms it was sent in as opposed to explicitly declined.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Unvote

Adumb, I'm not exactly sure why you're pulling in favor of a successful Neighbor protect, and while it's plausible, based on activity this game... =\

Felipe on the other hand, is being bad with "If I'm scum for X then ___ is worse for Y." You're seemingly trying to redirect attention to relieve pressure off you.

Vote: Felipe
I'm okay with this. Marathonman and Serrin should just get replaced IMO.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Adum if you think I'm scum perhaps you should bring up your case against me again and ask people what they think of it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Per request the exact time of the deadline has been clarified. This will be the standard procedure from now on.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@X1: Nah, I don't see it gaining any more traction myself, and after an ego check I figured it was possible you made an error about those questions. Still scummy, but doesn't make you obvious-scum on it's own, but that angle's a dead end.

Anyway, now that you exist again, more interested in the convo between myself and ryker right now, care to comment?

Also, what are your current scumreads?

Unvote

Adumb, I'm not exactly sure why you're pulling in favor of a successful Neighbor protect, and while it's plausible, based on activity this game... =\

Felipe on the other hand, is being bad with "If I'm scum for X then ___ is worse for Y." You're seemingly trying to redirect attention to relieve pressure off you.

Vote: Felipe
I'm okay with this. Marathonman and Serrin should just get replaced IMO.
Look at the time the thread opened. Gheb would not end the night a minimum of 3 hours early unless all night actions were in or explicitly declined. Period.

MARaTHonman

Smash Rookie
Hey. I apologize for not posting in so long. I shouldn't have let it go that long. Well, a lot happened. But one point I would like clarified is why Ryker thinks D1 is obv.-town. This is a newbie game and I came in not knowing anything about mafia. Without an explanation, I'm not gonna just take your word that X1 is town.

More in a bit.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ryker has plenty of time to post dumb pictures in places that don't exist, but he doesn't seem to be able to spend the time to be involved in this game.

Also, where's x1? He needs to talk.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hey. I apologize for not posting in so long. I shouldn't have let it go that long. Well, a lot happened. But one point I would like clarified is why Ryker thinks D1 is obv.-town. This is a newbie game and I came in not knowing anything about mafia. Without an explanation, I'm not gonna just take your word that X1 is town.

More in a bit.
Still waiting.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Cmon guys where is the activity?
I don't know. Perhaps you could display content to provoke activity. :reverse:

@Tery, you think Serin is scum and should be replaced. Why not vote for him? You have mentioned he is your sole scumpick on various occasions now, yet you haven't even acted on that. Why are you okay with voting felipe now? Do you think the conversation between him and me was enough to grant you a scum read on him?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Right now, no.

Could you (or someone) refer me to any specific posts or something as to why I should be?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
@Tery, you think Serin is scum and should be replaced. Why not vote for him? You have mentioned he is your sole scumpick on various occasions now, yet you haven't even acted on that. Why are you okay with voting felipe now? Do you think the conversation between him and me was enough to grant you a scum read on him?
Terywj said:
I'm well aware of that. That does not justify your claim of "Well someone's gotta go so it may as well be me right now since we lack info." Work with the connections and dialogue presented by the other people. For example, what do you think of Kantrip / Ryker? Kantrip / me? Or even this interaction between us right now?
Terywj said:
I'm leaving my vote on Serin until he shows up (or gets modkilled ).
Terywj said:
When you can, I'd like a read on Serin, Marathonman.
I'm sorry, did you just say I haven't been acting on my read against Serin? WTF have you been doing all game.

You also seem to be forgetting there is more than one Mafia member, just as one can have more than one Mafia read. You're making careless mistakes and asking pointless questions, Kantrip.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Careless? Pointless? You seem to be missing integral parts of my post. So you have no scum picks whatsoever? "just gonna leave my vote on until a modkill" doesn't sound like pushing a lynch to me.

:phone:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well, do you have anything else more than null right now then? How being an inactive newbie is scummy I fail to realize. You had serin as orange aka scum on your list of reads and no one else got anything worse.

Has this changed?

:phone:

Top Bottom