• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
ran move your vote over to Loli with me

There is stll the possibility to get Clover if Loli turns up nothing and your case on Clover manages to convince me.

I might write up my own case for Clover to respond to as well.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm actually fine with that.

Vote: Loli

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I have some points but that rainbow text is going to be a ***** to quote

@MOD: Any way to make that rainbow white ?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@IC I keep seeing "wrt" what does that stand for o.O

In regards to the clover case like I said you make REALLY good points but I don't get anything from what he posts. As of RIGHT now I'd more likely vote for BadWolf

VOTE: BADWOLF
Ok. This is what struck me odd. Earlier, you said you'd vote Clover depending on how he responded to me. Then, he responded, twice. You didn't give an opinion on those posts, yet you say that he isn't viable to you because he hasn't posted enough for you to get a read.

Now, when you say that you'd rather vote for Badwolf, it seems like you were fine with voting Badwolf to avoid voting for the other likely candidate, who was Clover.

Now then. You say that my points on him were valid, and good, and amazing, and yummy, and awesome. Yet, you still don't FEEL it. This, is a lie. If you can see that he's scummy from my points, then you wouldn't have to 'see him post' more. He's not going to post more. He's going to stay quiet, and hidden, to avoid the spotlight.

You aren't trying to see that. You are just using that he is not posting, as an excuse to not vote him.

This is why, I think you are scum. With Clover.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
And, you aren't a bad player, you are just new. :3

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Ran have you noticed that a lot of Clover and Loli's content has been answering your IC questions (from an initial look back ) ?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I remember Clover doing so, yes. I covered that in my case.

Loli I don't remember as much, since she hasn't posted as much as Clover. But you make a good point on her too.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
@Ran: Ah. understandable. The problem is with the way I play I kind of go on how I'm feeling. I never said your stuffs was awesome juicy good stuff tho lol just that they were viable and logically yes they are. However, I didn't feel clover was scummy. I had nothing to show at all. I could ONLY go on my feeling that BadWolf was scum and that was all. Aside from him I only looked at Homeslice kind of until she told me she really was just that nice. That's all I really have.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Loli, when did you mention a scumread of J?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Hm? J? The only thing I mentioned about J was when he asked me about Badwolf and I said I'd probably look at him. That was all.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

@J I think I understand why you think Clovers post is good. Only when it comes to BadWolf though.

My only scum opinion is based on just a vibe that's emitting from my computer screen and it's coming from
-BadWolf

I think it had to do with the fact that he kept posting weird random things and being friendly but then saying trust no one and just I dunno. xD Bad vibe.

I can't tell how any of you are playing though since I've never seen you guys play in previous games and I've never played with you or know how you'd act if you were town or scum.
Alright first part :

Buddies J, but only wrt to Badwulf and could be an early attempt to soft bus him.

Second part : Someone stated the exact same problem wrt to Badwulf's early play, I cannot remember who originally brought it up (may have been Clover ? ). Ans buddies that Logic to what could be another soft bus attempt.

Last Part : Seems overly defensive for a response, like go's all out to explain how little she has wrt to all slots.

I can't tell how any of you are playing though since I've never seen you guys play in previous games and I've never played with you or know how you'd act if you were town or scum.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I didn't find that defensive o.O

Also, what did wrt stand for again? I wanna re-read your post cuz I just say wrt when i see it instead of the real meaning.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Lawl not from D1 i was talking about before hand when everyone told me it counted >_>

If we aren't taking any of those into account then never mind about the random posts
Then there is this a short bit later. It seems like she's readily willing to throw away her opinion on Badwulf because somebody stated pre game didn't matter when Ran had already said it did by this point as I recall

WRT = with regards to

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

@Homeslice Oh okay then. I haven't read the past mafia games though I probably should do that. I assume you're just too nice then.
We already saw my approach on Homeslice and this post seems a little too...wishy washy again.

You should never assume in mafia. At least thats been my experience

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
She said she was nice and I could relate so I decided to forget about my initial thinking that her and BW were scum buddies because she cleared the air for me at least. If you remember at the beginning I thought they were scum buddies and that she was just putting on a false niceness but then she said nope shes just like that. So I dropped it.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14573863&postcount=594
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14573870&postcount=596
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14573878&postcount=598
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14573887&postcount=601

Read those in order. I'm taking a step back from myself for just a second even if it's "bad play" . In the first link I mentioned how I would've probably looked into HomeSlice if she were scum. 2nc link J mentions I was "on to something". 3rd link is me trying to understand it 4th link is J leading me towards Homeslice..

BadWolf dies turns out to be scum.
J is lynched at night and turns out to be yellow scum.

The only thing I can conclude from this is either Homeslice killed him because he was leaning towards her which I don't think would have been a good idea. Or someone purposely killed off J in order to frame HomeSlice not realizing he was mafia yellow scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also Rake. Tell me why you are going Loli over Clover? Like what makes her a priority. Because to me they are both equally scummy.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's a lot of scum-reads, Homeslice. o_O

Can you explain your Hipster/Clover ones because this is the first time I am hearing of them and no one has really expressed any concern with Clover nor do I really see a reason to at this time.

Also, I'm town. :awesome:

Haha but seriously, I am not scum because I am not really being what Wolfy is describing my play as and besides that no one has really pointed out much reasoning for me being a suspect yet. Can you tell me why you feel I am suspicious besides of the fact of the "meta" you have on me from previous games in order to make me a player you are cautious of?

I completely get the reasoning of being suspicious of me for being a more experienced player and for the times that I have been a little "deceptive" (;3) in IRL mafia games but that doesn't really equate to my play here.
Btw, I think this is important to note. Look at how J reacted to Homeslice's gut reads.

This is why J pushed towards Homeslice.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So Loli. Are you going to vote anyone?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw, Loli. What's your thoughts on HipsterSister?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Of course I'm going to vote. I just haven't decided who to vote for yet xD

I want to wait for everyone to read what's been going on and give their own opinions.

Also, on Hipster sister I haven't read anything suspicious but I'll re-read the whole thread soon.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh alright. I'll look forward to that.

And you mean, it's going to be someone that will have more than one vote, right? : P

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
No it's going to be whoever I think isn't town. I'm not going to throw my vote at a person just to end the day or because they were missing one vote before getting lynched.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sure that's fine. But if that person stays with one vote for a whiiillle, you can't stay there forever. (You have to have a compelling case on that person to get more people on, if you can't, you gotta get on with the consensus) But I'm interested in seeing where you look.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Clover I would also like for you to vote someone today, and tell me:

Who you think may be associated with Badwolf, and J.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What the? Clover, you have been viewing all this time and couldn't even say anything? :glare:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Loli, what do you think of Clover viewing all this time and not even posting to conclude anything?

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I've actually been waiting to see what he would say or if he had any opinions to what has been said. I'm still waiting. He's either reading through everything, left this thread open and fell asleep or he's trying to hide in the shadows.

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well he is back now. I hope he has things to say.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The only thing I can conclude from this is either Homeslice killed him because he was leaning towards her which I don't think would have been a good idea. Or someone purposely killed off J in order to frame HomeSlice not realizing he was mafia yellow scum.
Underlined. This isn't a good lead nor conclusion, because there is absolutely no way, to find evidence tying Homeslice to the kill.

It's only good at the level of speculation.

So here is your conclusion:

So either Homeslice killed J cuz she was scared of him, or scum killed J to frame Homeslice.
This is called WIFOM. It stands for Wine in front of me. (This is from the Princess Bride) Basically, WIFOM is circular logic that gets you no where. Here is an example: "Well, maybe he's scum for this... or maybe he's just town who got framed... but he could have done that to make people think that!!! DAMN IT, that's just what scum want us to think. HMMMMM. Let me ponder this a bit more."

See, it would get you no where. The only way you can find out that a person killed someone, is through the utility of a tracker, which we don't have in this game. : P

So, your conclusion is null. It was a good effort.

Do you understand my explanation about WIFOM?

Top Bottom