• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 19/Paper Mario: TTYD mafia // Game Over! Who won?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Now I want to re-iterate. There is no way to find evidence of Homeslice committing the kill, without power roles that can determine that info, through the mod. [Mod giving the results to that power role]

Roles that would do so:

Tracker
Watcher
Cop

Example. A tracker targets Homeslice. She kills J. The Tracker would get the result "Homeslice visited J"

Watcher. Watcher watches J. (Because he thinks he is town :troll:) J dies. The watcher gets "J has been visited by Homeslice".

Now cop. You can only find out if the person is scum.

There are other roles that can find info like that, but that's just to get your minds rollin'.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I...thought that's what I said xD when I said that sucks it was cuz I got that it won't help....

Also, how do you know what roles are in the game? :/

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I...thought that's what I said xD when I said that sucks it was cuz I got that it won't help....

Also, how do you know what roles are in the game? :/

This is a open setup, silly!

Usually, in normal games, they are closed. So you won't KNOW. You'll have to guess.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
That's a lot of scum-reads, Homeslice. o_O

Can you explain your Hipster/Clover ones because this is the first time I am hearing of them and no one has really expressed any concern with Clover nor do I really see a reason to at this time.

Also, I'm town. :awesome:

Haha but seriously, I am not scum because I am not really being what Wolfy is describing my play as and besides that no one has really pointed out much reasoning for me being a suspect yet. Can you tell me why you feel I am suspicious besides of the fact of the "meta" you have on me from previous games in order to make me a player you are cautious of?

I completely get the reasoning of being suspicious of me for being a more experienced player and for the times that I have been a little "deceptive" (;3) in IRL mafia games but that doesn't really equate to my play here.
The underlined portion makes it look like J was defending clover or trying to get the suspicion off of him.

That's a quote from J tho not homeslice.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Actually, click the little blue > symbol. J was quoting and responding to Homeslice.

Basically Homeslice had a scum read of J, Hipster, and Clover, and J was really shocked to see that.

Usually if he replies like that it's cuz he has inside info and tries to take advantage of that situation.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, didn't realize they'd put it in the first post. I looked at it.

I'm also still waiting for clover :/

Really?

So, wait. You didn't know there was two different kinds of scum?

And yeah, still waiting on him. He left again.... :glare:

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Well not at first until you guys mentioned yellow and red and I saw it when they died xD I just now saw how yellow can't kill. I didn't read the first post of the thread.

And ah. So you're saying that hipster and clover are mafia? Ok ok so they'd be yellow mafia then if j was the one with the inside intell

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, exactly. Does that give you incentive to vote Clover then?

And yes, I'm saying at least one of Hipster/Clover are mafia. Because of J's reaction. It's possible they can be both mafia, I have a different opinion on that though. I'll elaborate on that later. :cool:

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Loli, alright it's good that you can see my PoV on liking Clover's responseso can you tell me what you specifcally like about it. Could you also explain your "vibe" on not liking Wolfy this game?

Wolf:

Okay, Clover is being nice. Does niceness=town in your book or do you have other reasons for liking Clover?

Also can you explain your PoV of "waiting half a week into D1 before considering things?" because you have never played as town before online. ;P

Alright Wolfy, I'm willing to give ya another chance since it is early in the game. I want you to talk to me about Homeslice in as much detail as you can. Would you lynch Loli based on her last post since you seem she is scapegoating the opinion of another?
:o

vote: clover

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
J in that post made it seem like he really wanted me to side with clover. I think I can see why you guys would think I was scum as well seeing as what j turned out to be.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah. And J was really pushing to get Clover off the lynch lists. Of course, I would have pushed back. I was totally fine with lynching Badwolf since he was scummy.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Not by feeling at all this time xD I think he's town just because in his posts it seems like he's trying to look for reactions from people and see how they're playing to narrow down the list of scummy players.

I don't rlly know why he wanted to Lynch homeslice aside from the fact that she was "wishy washy"

I think he said he was looking at me and hipster? Hipster didn't seem anything to me and her posts were pretty normal BUT homeslice mentioned with her reasoning that hipster to her seemed to be trying to act too normal.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hey guys, good flips, huh?

I'm ok with Loli right now, and I'm fine with Homeslice as well given yesterday.

Rake really needs to tell me why he didn't read his role PM straight away, and whether this had anything to do with editing his confirmation post. Also, what on earth was your push on Homeslice all about?

Suspicious of HipsterSister (not least for that vote) and Clover, but need to re-read Clover in particular.

VitaminC, Benji and Orbo all need to get in here and make themselves useful.

@Ran, I'm not looking at connections right now, I'll do that once I've got better reads on Hipster and Clover.

Finally, @VINYL: It's Day 2, do you want to be town buddies? What do you think of Ran?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I should mention that on a re-read of Clover I'm alright with him, and I'd like for people to give him another chance, not just pile pressure on.

I should also point out, that looking at J's #202 and #204 (in which I got my first scum-J vibes), I feel like Clover probably isn't scum, or at least not scum with J; I think J is busy setting himself up to look good on either a Badwolf scumflip or a Clover townflip.

Still need to re-read HipSis, and obviously a bunch of people need to post :)

Oh and Ranmaru, can you give me a list of your scumpicks for today?

:secretkpop:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Finally, @VINYL: It's Day 2, do you want to be town buddies? What do you think of Ran?
You're ask a lot of questions towards me, but w/e, I'll buddy with ya now.

Ran is kind of being the boss at the moment. I'm not saying that's bad though, he's an IC of course, so I expected that. Pretty town.

Vote: Clover

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It was Badwolf before, but it looks like that was over with when I was Afk.

Another scumpick would probably be vitamin C, but he ain't lurking, just inactive.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Right enough.
@Vinyl, is it fair to say you think VitaminC is scummier than, say, Orbo (who also hasn't posted a lot?)

Vote: VitaminC

@VitaminC: Please give me your top scumpick for today, and whatever reasoning you may have for that.
Also, you said that my play had been 'borderline scummy'. Do you have a scum read on me, or do you just find my play suspicious?
Ta.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Right enough.
@Vinyl, is it fair to say you think VitaminC is scummier than, say, Orbo (who also hasn't posted a lot?)
Orbo comes up and then gets and stays out until he pops up again.
Same with Vitamin C, but less often than orbo.

And I wouldn't say more scummy, but more null than orbo.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vote Count

2. Vinyl.
3. VitaminC (1) - Kary
4. Orboknown
5. Rake
6. mightbebenjamin
7. Clover (2) - Lolilovesrain, Vinyl.,
8.Lolilovesrain
9. Kary
10. Hipster Sister
12. Ranmaru
13. Homeslice

Not voting: VitaminC, Orboknown, Rake, mightbebenjamin, Clover, Hipster Sister, Ranmaru, Homeslice

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
Kary, you seem to be very willing to let Vinyl's overwhelmingly townie exterior cover for your suspicious play. Your #701 looks like an attempt to seem in control, when really, you're letting Vinyl have the final say in whatever happens so that he won't suspect you. And with your vote on me, Vinyl hasn't even gotten that far yet. He simply says I'm a bigger scumpick over Orbo, and you take that as an invitation to jump right on me. I don't believe for a second that your buddying with him is well-intentioned.

Vote: Kary

Rereading for other scumpicks now.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary, you seem to be very willing to let Vinyl's overwhelmingly townie exterior cover for your suspicious play. Your #701 looks like an attempt to seem in control, when really, you're letting Vinyl have the final say in whatever happens so that he won't suspect you. And with your vote on me, Vinyl hasn't even gotten that far yet. He simply says I'm a bigger scumpick over Orbo, and you take that as an invitation to jump right on me. I don't believe for a second that your buddying with him is well-intentioned.

Vote: Kary

Rereading for other scumpicks now.
:rolleyes:

Please explain to me how Vinyl's play is 'overwhelmingly townie'.
Also, what makes you think I'm letting Vinyl have the final say?

Cheers.

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
:rolleyes:

Please explain to me how Vinyl's play is 'overwhelmingly townie'.
Also, what makes you think I'm letting Vinyl have the final say?

Cheers.
The underlined is irrelevant besides the fact that I have a town read on him. Unless you enjoy buddying with scum.
I already pointed out my thought process.

You're brushing off my assertion as though it doesn't matter. I don't agree. I think that a townie would be glad to challenge my post. Instead, you roll your eyes and ignore the heart of the matter. I'd love to see how you'd respond to a real case against you.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Uh, say what? Seriously, what?

The heart of the matter seems to be that you think I'm scum, but you've said next to nothing to back this up. Forgive me for rolling my eyes, but you come in here guns blazing and voting for me, I've got to wonder what's going through your head.

I'm actually not super interested in your scumread on me, because I know you're wrong; I'm more interested in your read on Vinyl. But whatever, talk to me.

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
Now that you mention it, I'm interested in your read on Vinyl. You don't seem to actually think he's town, yet you're trying to buddy him. I can only assume that you're doing it for a read, but then, why him?

Also, I'm sorry if I seemed hotheaded. I wasn't quite going for that, I'm just pushing on a suspicion I had. However, I'm not trying to lynch you, I just want to see what's going on.

What's going through my head is that you don't seem to be interested in playing the game. I'm trying to understand what it is that you're doing differently this game and how or whether it is a product of your alignment.

And, by the same token, I know your vote on me is misplaced. But both of our votes are staying where they are, aren't they?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Unvote

...Nope!

I have a null read on Vinyl. I should probably re-read him. Things like his initial reluctance to buddy with me are null, sadly. His reads are pretty generic. I'm not so much trying to buddy him as get into his head. I don't think I'm going to earn his trust the way I'm going about it.
Why Vinyl? Because I don't think he does much on his own initiative, because no-one else was pushing him, because I think he's relatively easy for me to read.

I am actually interested in this game. It has been running away from me quite a lot, but I am still trying to take part and to enjoy it. I can tell you that I am doing things differently this game, not least because I'm not taking as much initiative. But that's not really a product of my alignment...
I don't think I can prove that I'm town yet this game, but on the other hand I don't think you'll find anything I'm doing that suggests I'm scum.

I'll put you down as likely town for the time being.
Oh, and could you give me your Vinyl read?

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
Unvote

You're an interesting character, Kary. And this conversation gotten me absolutely nothing pertaining to the game.

...Town bros? :p

Also, regarding Vinyl, he hasn't given enough for me to say anything definite about his alignment, but he doesn't seem to be playing any different than his other games as town, so I'm going with null leaning town.

@Kary: Going back to the important part of the game, who do you think links most heavily with J as yellow scum?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vitamin, since you are here, I'd like for you to go into who you think is scum with J.

@Kary: Clover, Rake, Benji, Hipster.

Now can you go into you liking Clover a little more?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Unvote@Kary: Going back to the important part of the game, who do you think links most heavily with J as yellow scum?
No-one. J's flip makes me feel a little better about Homeslice and Benji, and a little worse about Vinyl, based purely on my interpretation of J's stances towards them. I wouldn't be surprised if J knew he might get killed off soon and purposefully didn't interact much with a number of people so as not to leave too many leads. J is wily.

@Kary: Clover, Rake, Benji, Hipster.

Now can you go into you liking Clover a little more?
I don't like Clover, per se, but I'm not seeing scumClover right now and I'd like him to be given some breathing room so he can hunt scum. I can't read people all that well when they're under pressure, so yeah. As I said, I'd like people to give him another chance and see what happens.

Also, Ran, your scumpicks for this Day if you have any others, cheers.

I'm off to bed now though so i'll catch you later.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just gave you my picks. :cool: I don't have any others, unless you think I do.

I was considering Loli, but right now I'm not thinking she is scum, more so Clover. (I only disliked her for saying she would look at the case yet was on the fence when opted to join in)

And no, sorry. He has viewed plenty of times, for long periods of time, and hasn't posted, at all. I am giving him a chance by telling him to vote, and tell me who he thinks was scum with J. But him not posting, doesn't help him nor us.

I keep my vote in play. And I don't think any other direction besides Clover is good for today. And I'm sorry if you can't read people when under pressure, I guess you'll have to work on that. Yet, he still has the chance to post, and give any opinions. Now I will tell you what you can do. Look at his play before I voted him. Now tell me, can you get a read from that?

Now then, Kary. Yesterday you had a scumread on Rake, right? Can you elaborate further on this?

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
Vitamin, since you are here, I'd like for you to go into who you think is scum with J.
I've got no one as scum with J, unfortunately. I can't find anything linking him to anyone (maybe Homeslice? I think Rake brought that up earlier). I need people to get active again because, for some reason, reading the first part of the game is really difficult for me right now. I want to see people's reactions to the flips and the posts today.

@Benji, Homeslice, Orbo, Clover, Loli, anyone else: GET BACK IN HEREEEEEE.

I'd just like to throw it out there that I really don't like all these people that know each other outside the game. It's difficult to sort out who's read is reliable and not based on prior experience. People covering for each other and all that, it makes me read a bunch of null people as scummy.

Top Bottom