• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newark, NJ - MELEEFEST - Wed, Sep 8th @ 3pm - NJIT, Rutgers, Essex County + Locals!

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
New font color?!!!
This is a surprise.

You're lucky I'm the forgiving type ;P

Hopefully I'm free Sunday.
Just drop an address and I'll let you know if I'm free.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Oh, I don't think I gave you a heads up yet, Gayly Kim, but I work tomorrow so I doubt I'm making it :/

Also... you're just mad I was using the green before you.
Hater!

_kSo_

Smash Master
What's up guyssss

school year is sneakin up on us. Just wanted to see how many people would be able to attend weekly/bi-weekly smashfests

Haley, why are you made of johns answer your phone u noob

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
What's up guyssss

school year is sneakin up on us. Just wanted to see how many people would be able to attend weekly/bi-weekly smashfests

Haley, why are you made of johns answer your phone u noob
Oh, tbh I forgot about it lmfao.

My phone died around Apex and I never charged it so yea......

At this point trying to get me on the boards is a better idea. I'm never expecting calls/texts so I never bother with my phone lol

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Oh, tbh I forgot about it lmfao.

My phone died around Apex and I never charged it so yea......

At this point trying to get me on the boards is a better idea. I'm never expecting calls/texts so I never bother with my phone lol
Are you serious?! No wonder I couldn't ****ing call you the other day! Charge your god **** phone ya scrub. And play me in melee :D

Sensei

Smash Lord
Biweeklies sounds better, probably bring in more people at each smashfest that way.

I am pretty upset that newark doesnt have the same beastly fat sandwiches like the ones in new brunswick. At least we have decent chicken and rice though.

and phones are overrated.

Eggm

Smash Hero
If I come to another one of these you can show me what to get at a Thai restaurant since I've never been to one.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
If I come to another one of these you can show me what to get at a Thai restaurant since I've never been to one.
Thats a travesty, thai food is amazing.....

Also, I've never actually physically been to this place. I just know about it from a friend so we'll see if I know how to get there by the time we want to get it.

And Sensei knows whats up, **** phones.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
:(:(:(:(:(

Phones are kwl tho.

lol.

Someone play Melee with me this week, I need to train.

_kSo_

Smash Master
bahh haley that sucks we couldn't get our roommates to agree on the room switch...it woulda been pretty sweet to room with you.

nothing would have gotten done

"man, **** this physics homework..."
"you wanna play melee?"
"hmm...sure"

3 hrs later

"**** i really should do that physics homework"
"aight, last one"
"ok"

2 hrs later

"**** dude i gotta do that physics hw"
"ok ok, for real, last one"

etc, etc, etc, etc....

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
loIol

Believe it or not I actually do my work.

I like block out everything and study hardcore for like 2-3 hrs or w/e.

But yea I agree it was a sad e-mail >_>

_kSo_

Smash Master
when and where are these? the original post was sort of confusing
It's at NJIT, I'll post up an address as soon as we have a steady venue. Right now, I am looking to see if we can get a hold of a larger venue. but it WILL be on NJIT campus or Rutgers Newark campus.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Id like this to be random weekdays during the school year if possible and not biweeklies ( unless they are Sunday ) smashfests on weekdays are fun.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Id like this to be random weekdays during the school year if possible and not biweeklies ( unless they are Sunday ) smashfests on weekdays are fun.
i can host random smashfests, too...just lemme know when you are free, eggm. you are the one with like a thousand setups in ur car haha.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm mainly a Brawl player, but since I'm transferring to NJIT this fall and used to play Melee I'd be willing to come to these and play Melee.

But if anyone wants to play Brawl at these don't be afraid to ask :D

Edit: What smashers go to NJIT?

_kSo_

Smash Master
Teczero, myself and another brawl player named sherief ( i forget his SWF name...). There are also a buncha casual smashers at rutgers newark. Sensei goes to rutgers newark too but he's just a chicken noob and never has time to play.

It'd be pretty **** if these were on a Wednesday again...
you say that now but i've never seen you at one!! :mad:

we'll see, jose...i will have to double check to see if my wednesday schedule permits us to have smashfests that day

edit: i have class till 2:30 that day, so we can't have it in the middle of the day like some ppl wanted, but I will see if i can host a late afternoon-evening smashfest if people will be interested.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
you say that now but i've never seen you at one!! :mad:

we'll see, jose...i will have to double check to see if my wednesday schedule permits us to have smashfests that day

edit: i have class till 2:30 that day, so we can't have it in the middle of the day like some ppl wanted, but I will see if i can host a late afternoon-evening smashfest if people will be interested.
I will bite your face off if you ever speak back to me like that again!!
/add rawr

Nah, in all seriousness, it was hard for me to show up last semester. Having a Wednesday class in the evening... a math class, at that.
I can't miss those :/

This semester I have Wednesdays off :D

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'm mainly a Brawl player, but since I'm transferring to NJIT this fall and used to play Melee I'd be willing to come to these and play Melee.

But if anyone wants to play Brawl at these don't be afraid to ask :D

I'm sure you could find brawl players really easily lol.

One of my students in the summer told me he played brawl so thats one already :laugh:.

But yea I'd rather play melee =3

_kSo_

Smash Master
I will bite your face off if you ever speak back to me like that again!!
/add rawr

Nah, in all seriousness, it was hard for me to show up last semester. Having a Wednesday class in the evening... a math class, at that.
I can't miss those :/

This semester I have Wednesdays off :D
haha that's cool man, i was just messin =P. yea I will look into doing wednesday afternoon->evening smashfests. If we do this, maybe we can all chip in and order food, too. It'll be like a smash party every wednesday :-D

I can never go to these cause they're earlyyyyyyyy :(
heh, well lucky for you, we are probably going to have later ones next semester...JUST FOR YOU CRISMAS XD

can you make it on weekends? kuz those will probably be the ones with more people

I'm sure you could find brawl players really easily lol.

One of my students in the summer told me he played brawl so thats one already :laugh:.

But yea I'd rather play melee =3
haley, everytime i see you, you're like "dude i haven't played in like 3 weeks, you're gonna **** me"

and then you own the crap outta me. I HATE YOU

>_<

Top Bottom