• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newark, NJ - MELEEFEST - Wed, Sep 8th @ 3pm - NJIT, Rutgers, Essex County + Locals!

_kSo_

Smash Master
The NJIT (and newark) Smashfest Thread!

I go to NJIT and I'm always down for melee just PM me or post in here! :-D

=================================================

WHO:
kSo

WHAT:
Super Smash Brothers Melee smashfest

WHEN:
Wednesday, September 8th @ 3:00pm - 9:00pm

WHERE:
Oak Hall
155 Summit Street
Newark, NJ 07103

Parking - You can find parking at the curb close to the building where you turned into the road (you will see a sign that says you can't park between 12am and 6am, which should not be a problem). There is also meter parking on warren street just a block away.

Here is my cell just in case:
609-356-8314

Important: please let me know ahead of time if you are going to be here, either by posting in this thread or call/texting my cell. thanks

_kSo_

Smash Master
Howd it go
haha it was just like the locals kuz of how bad the weather was >_> I'm sure jona and some of my other buddies from philly would have shown if the weather wasn't so bad :(

but yea it was fun. chain ace u gotta come to a smashfest here sometime so we can record again :)

LLDL

Smash Hero
yeah definitely. Ive improved my falcon game just 4 u.

_kSo_

Smash Master
yeah definitely. Ive improved my falcon game just 4 u.
hahaha so basically you stopped trying to be fancy and let me get a 3 stock comeback with over 100%?? :-D

Smashfest!!?? LET ME KNOW!!
I've tried texting you every time I have people over, but it doesn't seem to want to send 0__o

What's the best way to notify you? PM? visitor message? posting in this thread??? lolL lemme know kuz I always look forward to meeting new smashers

edi: updated first post! PM me if you want to come!!

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape

im going

i lol'd at tec0 saying he was too far from this hahaha

_kSo_

Smash Master
Why does this have to be on a Wednesday, there would be a small chance of me coming on another day
Yeah, this was pretty much only intended for college students (I'm assuming most high schoolers are in school in the middle of the week, and same with people who are working full time) :( sorry man, but I go home on weekends and I can't host anything then...I will definitely get weekend stuff going when I don't go home though

_kSo_

Smash Master
I won't be able to come because you guys are starting during the day. I have work.... so unless you guys are playing til past like 7 or so I won't be there...
>_> I'm sad. How close are you to newark, anyway? I'm free to smash on other days, too.

Jon K

Smash Rookie
yo its Jon from RU, ima try to come through. my last class ends at 7. hopefully ya'll still be playin

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
why didnt you go earlier

i was there

eggm, grills who is a beaassssttt

tec0

2 guys that i didnt catch their name

it was ****

oh kso was there too hes ok

_kSo_

Smash Master
aww man i bet its over now? because i wanted to come im like 5 min away
dude text or call me if you want to come!!

Also, if I scheduled one for next Wednesday, February 24th from 10am - 6pm, who would wanna come 0__o. We might have to move the location depending on how many people are coming because I can only sign in 3 guests at a time, and this time, my roommate was kind enough to sign in a couple people for me. But I don't want to be a pain and ask him and my other suitemates to keep coming downstairs to sign people in. If we move to the campus center game room, it'd be a larger area to smash in, BUT I'm fairly certain it'll be low on power outlets. Oh well. We'll just figure something out if we need to end up doing that :ohwell:

So, who can make it for this date??

PS, no one who parked on the side of the road got a ticket did they? I'm not too familiar with the parking situation. The parking garage is a couple blocks away from the campus center, so it's be better if you'd be able to park on the side of the road near the campus center.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i dont think ima be able to go every wednesday

its alot of gas bro 1/2 a tank, going across the G.W. bridge is mad annoying and everyone sucks at driving

but yea, the next wednesday's im gonna have school so idk

but next time we gotta record because i was doing some good stuff for TECH CHASED

lol, idk next time bro

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'd probably come again. I could bring power strips and extension cords if you wanted to use the other room.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Holding these things at NJIT can be so tedious haha, especially since me and Kso both don't live in Oak Hall =(.

The Game Room sounds okay I guess, but sometimes there are a lack of seats *shrugs*.

Well whatever I guess.

I might show up again...

Though next time I'm not actually sure haha, I have an exam coming up and I can't promise I'll be awake early enough to play :urg:

_kSo_

Smash Master
Holding these things at NJIT can be so tedious haha, especially since me and Kso both don't live in Oak Hall =(.

The Game Room sounds okay I guess, but sometimes there are a lack of seats *shrugs*.

Well whatever I guess.

I might show up again...

Though next time I'm not actually sure haha, I have an exam coming up and I can't promise I'll be awake early enough to play :urg:
is there any other large room with chairs, tables and outlets that we could use??

doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to find considering we are on a college campus. but it's NJIT so who knows...

we can continue to hold them in the same room we have previously....I'll just harass my roommate to sign people in for me :)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Hmm if I think of a good spot I'll definitely let you know.

The campus center is probably gonna be too busy to make good use of IMO.

The only place I can think of that everyone can get together at with relative ease is Oak Hall or Laurel Hall so in the end it doesn't really matter.

For now I think this is really our only real option anyway. =/

Sensei

Smash Lord
There might be this one spot in RU that has a bunch of tables and chairs, IDK about outlets, although it IS called the GAME room. I'll check it out, but we need to bring in tvs and setups, so thats EGGM's dept.

_kSo_

Smash Master
aight good stuff at saffron guys ^_^
lookin to get more melee this week! HYYYYPE

ok, for now, we are going to keep it at the same place as last time. we'll figure something else out in the future

Eggm, sneak, and cheapness are pretty much confirmed iirc ?

teczero is a noob for having work

anyone else??

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sensei - Oh true, the RU game room doesn't sound like an awful idea actually.

That might be **** since Subway would be like.... a 5 minute walk from RU :bee:.

Anyway I forgot about its layout but if you're confident we could hold something there let us know! sounds like a good idea to me :chuckle:

Top Bottom