• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A New to Sheik? Look here to learn how to get started/Need help with Sheik? Ask your questions here.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
So essentially what I was doing/ trying to do was breverse at an exact point where it canceled the needles, but I slid onto the stage, much further than a normal waveneedle would let me slide. The very first attempt was successful (somehow), so if you get tired of me failing, you can just rewatch the very beginning over and over. The slide seems to be from me breversing in the air, but since I was still close enough onto the stage, I was able to slide back onto it. I think it is very similar to the post I made earlier about running off BF platform b reverse to get a rather large amount momentum. However, for that one I did not have needles charged, leading me to believe that this is possible to do without a full needle charge (I began speculating after I recorded this because I was not really sure what happened until after I rewatched it). I guess it would work with piercing needles as well. If it does work without charged needles, it probably would have no landing lag, making it potentially useful. (edit: ) I forgot to mention no needles come out despite a full charge.

Anyway, if anyone could point me to a guide for recording/creating gifs, or record it with a capture card and post it (I don't have a capture card), I'd appreciate it. Also if this was already found, go ahead and yell at me for not noticing. I'm going to go back to testing it under new conditions (custom needles/no charge). Right now, I doubt this needs its own thread, so I'm putting it here (should this be a new thread?). Anyway, thanks for reading my essay on a probably not very useful thing. I'll edit in my results of new conditions/discoveries about it when I get it to work. :] This whole thing is probably messy and hard to understand, sorry :[

currently still no success with no charge needles on FD, but I found there is a 3rd slide length for off BF platform, but it appears to only work with charged needles (so basically useless due to landing lag). It lets you slide back just past the platform (left of the red X under platform), or under just the opposite platform (right of red X past that is right of center stage)

Sup. Is that it? Pretty sure it is. If not, I'm sorry, then I need a visual key to understand. Your description is rather confusing. The gif shows it done 3 times before it cycles btw. Well, it's possible without full charge.

If this isn't it, please ignore me. I'm stupid, y'know.

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
Yeah, that certainly looks like what i was attempting to do, might be just the trick of the eyes, but it seems to go a bit further, but still not too useful, thanks tho :]
What I think I've gotten out of this is when you are trying to retreat and the shoot needles, don't waveneedle too close to the ledge or else you lose your needles and get stuck in some lag

Last edited:

draydawg2020

Smash Cadet
NNID
draydawg2020
so im a pikachu main picking up sheik as another main (already put it in my signature) and was wondering if someone could give me some tips

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So how do you KO consistently with Sheik? I can only either KO my opponents at very high percents (+150) or through random gimps. I try to use Bouncing Fish, but it almost always falls short of the KO. Thanks.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Greetings Shiek board. So, my mains are :4link: and:4shulk:with:4myfriends: as a secondary. The problem is that they all pretty suck in the Shiek MU while they cover pretty well the rest of the top tier and mid-high tier (for those who are asking, Ike is particulary useful against Pika and Falcon). So, since I know I'm gonna face a Shiek uf I decide to go to a tournament, do you have any tips on a characterto use only in the Shiek MU (possibly not Shiek herself)?

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
Greetings Shiek board. So, my mains are :4link: and:4shulk:with:4myfriends: as a secondary. The problem is that they all pretty suck in the Shiek MU while they cover pretty well the rest of the top tier and mid-high tier (for those who are asking, Ike is particulary useful against Pika and Falcon). So, since I know I'm gonna face a Shiek uf I decide to go to a tournament, do you have any tips on a characterto use only in the Shiek MU (possibly not Shiek herself)?
someone small/floatier can get out of strings easier (pika I guess)
frame 3 nair people can force string resets (mario)
lucario is sheik's counter on paper due to his mechanics
most top/high tiers, when played well, can go pretty good

Smasher89

Smash Lord
In what situations(&/DI) and how should i use needles > bouncing fish to get those 2 attacks to get a true combo?

Battle Buddy

Smash Rookie
NNID
RocketSquadala
I consistently hear that Shiek vs D3 is no challenge due to easy combo strings that can run him off the map.

I can get strings of hits and total over 200%, but end up dying at only 60% from only three to four hits right back at me. Getting the kill is far harder on him than any other character. Bouncing Fish is hard to impossible to land since he's able to recover from high in map, and missing a Vanish means instant death.

Is there something more reliable that can be done as a finisher?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I consistently hear that Shiek vs D3 is no challenge due to easy combo strings that can run him off the map.

I can get strings of hits and total over 200%, but end up dying at only 60% from only three to four hits right back at me. Getting the kill is far harder on him than any other character. Bouncing Fish is hard to impossible to land since he's able to recover from high in map, and missing a Vanish means instant death.

Is there something more reliable that can be done as a finisher?
DDD is huge and so has a huge hurtbox, essentially meaning it's really easy to hit him. Bouncign Fish off-stage can kill as early as 80-90% depending on rage/how far out DDD is. If he's recovering high, try catching him with the diagonal needles (from the air) to bouncing fish, his huge size should make it really easy to work.

At 100+ percents, try doing landing fair and following it up with bouncing fish. Weak nair > aerial needles > bouncing fish is a confirmed combo and easily kills near the ledge at high percents near the ledge.

If they're at really high percents and you can't really follow up with anything, then just keep pressuring with needles, retreating/well spaced/safe fairs, and avoid or reflect gordos, and then kill with a fair/ftilt.

Jlp

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keaton Benny
@ draydawg2020 draydawg2020 I think Pikachu is a great second main for sheik (or the other way around) Both are quick & have a great combo game although Pikachu can kill from the stage quite solidly, Sheik has a little more trouble so you'll find that air/off stage game will become slightly more important. (now that I think about it most of my kills happen in the air)
Because I main Sheik I want to play her in every match up but if I have real trouble getting strings & kills I often switch.

I don't know much about Pikachu's match ups so I'm unsure wether Sheik covers them but since Sheik's match ups are all fairly good I can't imagine you could go wrong having her as a second main.

Both are a lot of fun to play:D

draydawg2020

Smash Cadet
NNID
draydawg2020
@ draydawg2020 draydawg2020 I think Pikachu is a great second main for sheik (or the other way around) Both are quick & have a great combo game although Pikachu can kill from the stage quite solidly, Sheik has a little more trouble so you'll find that air/off stage game will become slightly more important. (now that I think about it most of my kills happen in the air)
Because I main Sheik I want to play her in every match up but if I have real trouble getting strings & kills I often switch.

I don't know much about Pikachu's match ups so I'm unsure wether Sheik covers them but since Sheik's match ups are all fairly good I can't imagine you could go wrong having her as a second main.

Both are a lot of fun to play:D
Thanks man! I have a lot of fun playing them!

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
I think this is a good place for my question and I don't know if this was brought here before but here it goes: whenever I'm playing Sheik and use her down air ( you know that stall then fall kick of sort) it sometimes, IDK how should I say this, the fast falling part is slowed down or gone, leaving just enough time to use her recovery. I've also encountered it with Zamus and her down air. Did anyone encountered this at some point in gameplay? And how is this possible? TIA guys ^_^

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I think this is a good place for my question and I don't know if this was brought here before but here it goes: whenever I'm playing Sheik and use her down air ( you know that stall then fall kick of sort) it sometimes, IDK how should I say this, the fast falling part is slowed down or gone, leaving just enough time to use her recovery. I've also encountered it with Zamus and her down air. Did anyone encountered this at some point in gameplay? And how is this possible? TIA guys ^_^
I know what you're talking about, and it's all about momentum. If Sheik or ZSS are thrown upwards and they use dair while still having the momentum from the knockback (the same with Greninja and Sonic, not sure about (T)Link) they'd do that. I don't really think it's useful at all.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
In more technical terms: it's basically when you go for dair but Sheik is still in hitstun.

Aquasition

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1091-8948-2851
What are some KO set-ups that Sheik can use. I'm aware about KO % and stuff, but I'm wondering how to put my foe in a disadvantageous position to set up a KO, or some KO combos if Sheik has any? Also, what % would said set-ups likely work best at?

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
What are some KO set-ups that Sheik can use. I'm aware about KO % and stuff, but I'm wondering how to put my foe in a disadvantageous position to set up a KO, or some KO combos if Sheik has any? Also, what % would said set-ups likely work best at?
A smart grab that catches people off-guard (re: surprise pivot grabs) and get them to DI incorrectly can lead into a quick down throw up air kill at ~115-130% depending on rage/character. Some people can DI fthrow horribly and go up towards Sheik at higher percents, this is terrible for them because Sheik can react in time to do an up air.

Weak falling nair > run up full hop fully charged needles > bouncing fish is an incredible kill set up and can carry people from say mid-stage to the ledge leading into bouncing fish killing at ~110%, again depending on rage and character.

At higher percents and near the ledge Fthrow/Bthrow > read air dodge > bouncing fish is good. With this same concept, down throw to air dodge read to vanish is good too but a bit too situational at times.

In general, aerial needles to bouncing fish is really good.

Dtilt (from the tip of the hitbox; otherwise a close-quarters Dtilt would send people in an awkward 45 degrees angle, tipper would send them up directly in a 90 degree angle) to up air is underrated and pretty good; one thing I've been doing lately is ledge trump, make people re-grab the ledge and spacing my dtilt to hit them and from there uair is pretty much guaranteed if you can react quick enough.

Putting opponents in a disadvantageous position via throws and fairs, and getting them off-stage, benefits Sheik a lot. You can force them to do stupid punishable things or gimp them. You have to learn to take their jumps to gimp, read when they'll jump and throw a quick hitbox, have needles on-hand because they can help if you;re onstage and they're off-stage and at low angles, even one needle can steal their recovery. This is especially good against characters with linear recoveries like Falcon, Luigi, Mario, and to an extent Rosalina and Pit(too). Another thing you can do when they're off-stage is do nair and let it linger, it harasses them a lot.

In addition, when they're off-stage, and this is something that I've seen a lot of Sheiks do lately (which is good; advancing the meta yay!!) is do bouncing fish on stage and hit people with the second kick of bouncing fish. This is really good because you have all the time in the world to aim it and you can hit really far and low and easily make it back with no effort.

Fthrow > short hop > bait air dodge > run up usmash can tipper them and kill very early. This can be used early on to rack up a lot of damage but I wouldn't recommend it, keep uair fresh and surprise them with it.

Ftilt to Uair works sometimes, not sure about percentages.

And of course, you can get them to ~180-200% and kill with ftilt or fair.

I might have missed a few, sorry about that and hopefully other people catch what I missed. Hope I helped.

Jlp

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keaton Benny
Fair > Rising Needle > Bouncing Fish from 100%-ish is crazy good. Catching your opponent on stage with a Fair sets up Rising Needles so well. Because Sheik can act out of a Fair so quickly you have enough time to position yourself to land the Rising Needles which as I'm sure you know from the reply ^above^ sets up Bouncing Fish.
What's particularly good about this combo is how far you can drag your opponent off stage, if it doesn't kill the opponent you now have stage control and can begin ledge guarding or charge your needles for another one! So catching them with this close to the ledge could score you a slightly earlier kill;)

Nair > Bouncing Fish around 100% works really well too. Landing on your opponent with Nair allows you walk/run along with them while they're in hit stun to get your spacing right for the Bouncing Fish.

If you are playing on Battlefield Sheik's Up Smash sweet spots anyone standing on the side platforms. Finding ways to get your opponent on to the platforms can be quite fun, especially when they know about the sweet spot Up Smash.
One thing that's super satisfying is getting the Up Smash tech (or no tech) roll read from below. This works well when your opponent knows your trying to set up Up Smash and so when you hit/throw them onto one of the side platforms they will often roll to the other side of the platform and so you catch them at the end of their roll instead of trying to catch them straight off your set up.

I love killing with Vanish. Up Throw/Down Throw > Vanish is great. Harder to land on good players but you can bait the air dodge really easily, following up quickly after grabs throughout a match gives your opponents an itchy air dodge trigger finger making landing the Vanish much easier.

Ascen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ascendtothetop
Does anyone have any advice on how to implement D-tilt into my gameplay? I notice a lot of highly experienced Sheik mains using D-tilt effectively, I can't seem to use it as well. Is it just an alternative to F-tilt?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Does anyone have any advice on how to implement D-tilt into my gameplay? I notice a lot of highly experienced Sheik mains using D-tilt effectively, I can't seem to use it as well. Is it just an alternative to F-tilt?
ledge trump > pressure people to regrab ledge (thus lose invincibility) > dtilt to uair at higher percents is a kill setup

Crouching with Sheik in general is really good so you can just crouch and fish for a dtilt. I believe (and don't quote me on this) that dtilt spaced correctly is safe on shield so there's that.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Hey guys, I've been playing Sheik for a while, but for a while I've been ignoring needles and prioritizing other moves during practice like Vanish and throw combos. After reading and watching more on Sheik, I realize that needles seem to be a very important tool. I was just practising using them, but I couldn't get any combos out... I think I may have been releasing them too late, or maybe using a short hop instead of a full hop was my problem.

So my question is: what are the most effective ways to use needles? I saw the combo Jlp and ArikadoX mentioned a few posts above, but is there anything else? Is it ever useful to use grounded needles, or is it always better to do the aerial? Is it ever good to SH needles? Also, is it better to use Penetrating Needles vs the default variant?

Jlp

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keaton Benny
@ S Smasher89 I totally forgot to mention that the combo begins with a Fair on an opponent thats on stage (not in the air/off stage). This means that when you hit your opponent they fly into the air and you are now on the stage (regaining your jumps). Because Sheik can act very quickly from the Fair AND because you are now on the stage you are able to run along with them as they are in hit stun.

@ Keeseman Keeseman It is possible to do Rising Needles and negate the landing lag in just 1 jump.
To do it, Jump and immediately hit Special / B (It has to be very quick). I use Z for jump for this tech as hitting Y / X & B so quickly is quite difficult. (if you use Z for grab you could try using L or R)
It's very handy to use rising needles this way as it gives you more options out of a hit or missed Rising Needle.

On high %'s grounded needles can set up Bouncing Fish (BF)

Throwing a single needle can really mess with your opponent, it'll stop them in their tracks and if you do it throughout a match your opponent will often become more careless & aggressive because your beating them a range.

If you don't already know, using B-Reverse is a great aerial movement and mix up tool. To do it hit Special / B and immediately hit the opposite direction you are facing, too early and you'll Side B, too late and you won't turn. When moving in the air it'll shift your momentum in the other direction and with charged needles it'll allow you to turn around and throw needles in one motion.
Being able to do this tech consistently will really widen your Sheik game and you'll find yourself using needles a lot more.

I also mentioned that using Up Smash through the platforms on Battlefield is a great kill move and that it involves a lot of different set ups. I've seen players throw a single needle to get the opponent in the air and then hit them with another needle before they hit the ground to knock them up onto the side platforms. This only really works on higher %'s.

And personally I prefer standard needles than the customs because of standard needles range. Penetrating Needles are pretty cool (fast charge, high damage on shield + knock back Dedede's Gordo's, Standard Needles don't) but quite short range. Paralysing Needles take so long to throw it would involve more prediction than action/reaction.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Hey guys, I've been playing Sheik for a while, but for a while I've been ignoring needles and prioritizing other moves during practice like Vanish and throw combos. After reading and watching more on Sheik, I realize that needles seem to be a very important tool. I was just practising using them, but I couldn't get any combos out... I think I may have been releasing them too late, or maybe using a short hop instead of a full hop was my problem.

So my question is: what are the most effective ways to use needles? I saw the combo Jlp and ArikadoX mentioned a few posts above, but is there anything else? Is it ever useful to use grounded needles, or is it always better to do the aerial? Is it ever good to SH needles? Also, is it better to use Penetrating Needles vs the default variant?
Aight fam I gotchu

Sheik can play any style she chooses to. She can camp with needles, be aggressive as hell and all over your opponent (my personal favourite.. but it's terrible once opponents get to really high percentages cuz you can't kill them and a random hit kills Sheik easily with rage), or play a sort of balanced playstyle where you go aggro for a bit then lay back and use needles. Players should be able to recognize which style is the best in which situation, and your playstyle should definitely change depending on the matchup. Against spacing and zoning characters you wanna be all over them (DHD, Villager to an extent, megaman, rob, pacman... don't give thaem any room to breathe), for characters that can easily break out of Sheik's combos (Luigi, Mario, Yoshi all have frame 3 nairs, etc) laying back and camping with needles, while approaching only when it's safe is the most optimal way to play them - the Luigi and Mario matchups are different so that's for another day, if you're confused I can break down the matchups.

For characters that can't easily break out of combos, such as Falcon, Ganon, Pit, Falco, all heavies, etc you wanna go HAM on them at first (cuz they can't do **** about it) but if you can't secure a KO before like 100-120% then lay back and needle them until an opportunity arises, approaching with aerials only when it's safe. Usually these characters can easily be gimped, so always try to get that early KO.

Another thing about this is that needles are also extremely good in neutral. You can start the match by charging needles and shooting them for free percents, a lot of characters are really bothered by them and can't do anything about it. Additionally, you can punish landings with it like I do in this video. This doesn't work with characters with multiple jumps however (Kirby, Pit, MK). Do note that the guy I was against in the video wasn't really doing anything, normally people should fast fall and shield asap (and you can catch them with needles if you see the fast fall coming and release them a bit earlier, one needle is bound to catch them and then you can do it again).

One final note is using diagonal needles (from the air) as an edge guarding tool. You would just sit by the ledge (or anywhere you think needles would hit the opponent; depends primarily on spacing) when opponents are off-stage, jump, and hit them with needles. This can be any number of needles, even a single needle can disrupt recoveries and cause them to fall to their death. You could also be creative with this by walljumping on certain stages to extend needles range and hit fro an awkward angle but that's mostly just for styling lol, altho it can be put for good use. Specific characters needle edgeguarding is good aginst are Ness and Falcon/ganon. Ultimately all characters can be harassed by it but those are the two most extreme cases, cuz one needle does so much to their recovery lol.

As for combos with needles, we only know of one that can be done with default needles (gsmVoiD has a combo that only works with penetrating needles here - although its really situational and other combos can do a close amount of damage and are easier to execute/basic) and that's the needles from a full hop to bouncing fish combo.

Hope this helped mate.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Ah, basicly follow up with needles instead of another fair, does seem a bit slow but i guess ill test it in trainingmode later anyway.

Penetrating needles are insane, if not properly used yet im sure well see it at EVO. BTw any startup framedata on fully charged needles?

pato_

Smash Rookie
Has there been a consensus of who is Sheik's worst matchup? Who do you guys think give Sheik the most trouble?

I'm asking.....for a friend...yeah....haha :)

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Has there been a consensus of who is Sheik's worst matchup? Who do you guys think give Sheik the most trouble?

Lucario

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166

MUs are kinda really subjective to everyone but on-paper (and also a lot of people agree on this) Pikachu stands solid against Sheik, and has an advantage. Lucario on-paper does too.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I practised that rising needle to BF combo and it helped a lot. Gonna keep working on implementing needles more in my games now.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
It would be interesting to look at rage combos. It seems that many of us just tack on "depending on rage" at the end of combo descriptions, but I feel like we should look further into it. How will it affect an opponent at low percent? Are there any combos that become possible later on? There could certainly be something there, especially with her lower knock back moves (nair, jab 2, etc.).

[NameGoesHere]

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4356-2722-9069
A smart grab that catches people off-guard (re: surprise pivot grabs) and get them to DI incorrectly can lead into a quick down throw up air kill at ~115-130% depending on rage/character. Some people can DI fthrow horribly and go up towards Sheik at higher percents, this is terrible for them because Sheik can react in time to do an up air.

Weak falling nair > run up full hop fully charged needles > bouncing fish is an incredible kill set up and can carry people from say mid-stage to the ledge leading into bouncing fish killing at ~110%, again depending on rage and character.

At higher percents and near the ledge Fthrow/Bthrow > read air dodge > bouncing fish is good. With this same concept, down throw to air dodge read to vanish is good too but a bit too situational at times.

In general, aerial needles to bouncing fish is really good.

Dtilt (from the tip of the hitbox; otherwise a close-quarters Dtilt would send people in an awkward 45 degrees angle, tipper would send them up directly in a 90 degree angle) to up air is underrated and pretty good; one thing I've been doing lately is ledge trump, make people re-grab the ledge and spacing my dtilt to hit them and from there uair is pretty much guaranteed if you can react quick enough.

Putting opponents in a disadvantageous position via throws and fairs, and getting them off-stage, benefits Sheik a lot. You can force them to do stupid punishable things or gimp them. You have to learn to take their jumps to gimp, read when they'll jump and throw a quick hitbox, have needles on-hand because they can help if you;re onstage and they're off-stage and at low angles, even one needle can steal their recovery. This is especially good against characters with linear recoveries like Falcon, Luigi, Mario, and to an extent Rosalina and Pit(too). Another thing you can do when they're off-stage is do nair and let it linger, it harasses them a lot.

In addition, when they're off-stage, and this is something that I've seen a lot of Sheiks do lately (which is good; advancing the meta yay!!) is do bouncing fish on stage and hit people with the second kick of bouncing fish. This is really good because you have all the time in the world to aim it and you can hit really far and low and easily make it back with no effort.

Fthrow > short hop > bait air dodge > run up usmash can tipper them and kill very early. This can be used early on to rack up a lot of damage but I wouldn't recommend it, keep uair fresh and surprise them with it.

Ftilt to Uair works sometimes, not sure about percentages.

And of course, you can get them to ~180-200% and kill with ftilt or fair.

I might have missed a few, sorry about that and hopefully other people catch what I missed.
Well, I have a question about aerial needles to bouncing fish. I find my self a pretty decent sheik putting about 80 hours into her. But I can not for the life of me figure this out. I asked a friend and he said that's easy just buffer the bouncing fish. So I look it up (buffering) and can't seem to find the time to input the bouncing fish for the 10 frame window. I always have to wait for sheik to finish the entire animation before I can bouncing fish or input anything for that matter. Mind helping me?

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Well, I have a question about aerial needles to bouncing fish. I find my self a pretty decent sheik putting about 80 hours into her. But I can not for the life of me figure this out. I asked a friend and he said that's easy just buffer the bouncing fish. So I look it up (buffering) and can't seem to find the time to input the bouncing fish for the 10 frame window. I always have to wait for sheik to finish the entire animation before I can bouncing fish or input anything for that matter. Mind helping me?
Spam the button? Thats what I usually do. Else, I gues it's just training and memory, at some point doing it you'll do it automatically I guess.

Ascen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ascendtothetop
Is anyone aware of which characters Jab 1-2 is not safe on? By this, I mean which characters can Jab after Sheik performs Jab 1-2. I've been hit after it by characters like Zero Suit Samus, Captain Falcon, etc.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Is anyone aware of which characters Jab 1-2 is not safe on? By this, I mean which characters can Jab after Sheik performs Jab 1-2. I've been hit after it by characters like Zero Suit Samus, Captain Falcon, etc.
Speaking from experience, all of them. Jab 1-2 doesn't work period. If it works, then the opponent purposely didn't react or do anything. Frame 3 aerials can come out (yoshi, mario bros, link, etc) and intercept after jab 2, people can shield, roll, spotdodge, and probably even dodge.

But I haven't really tested this properly, just speaking from what I've seen and had experience with. I've seen and been able to pull off jab 1-2 dtilt to followups but I'm not sure what's behind that exactly.

edit: It's also safe to say if they opt for shield (which is probably the worst option) they'll easily be grabbed.

Last edited:

Ascen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ascendtothetop
Speaking from experience, all of them. Jab 1-2 doesn't work period. If it works, then the opponent purposely didn't react or do anything. Frame 3 aerials can come out (yoshi, mario bros, link, etc) and intercept after jab 2, people can shield, roll, spotdodge, and probably even dodge.

But I haven't really tested this properly, just speaking from what I've seen and had experience with. I've seen and been able to pull off jab 1-2 dtilt to followups but I'm not sure what's behind that exactly.

edit: It's also safe to say if they opt for shield (which is probably the worst option) they'll easily be grabbed.
I am aware opponents are able to react out of Jab 1-2. I use Jab 1-2 to predict and punish opponents who don't have a quick attack option. They will often commit to an option like shield or roll if they don't expect it, which I can easily punish. I am asking which characters have standards that come out before Sheik can act out of Jab 1-2, because I would like to know which characters I can safely use Jab 1-2 to create pressure/force a mix up scenario.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Why do some people use the c-stick as tilts? What advantages it gives?

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
The main reason people set C-stick as tilts is to allow for greater movement in the air while using aerials. For some reason when the C-stick is set to Smashes, using an aerial with it locks you in your current aerial direction, rather than giving you control of which way you move. Setting C-stick to tilts doesn't do this.

I personally recommend it, as Smash attacks can still be done using A+Directional input, and the added mobility can make aerials much more safe. A well-spaced fade back F-air is probably the best neutral tool in the game.

Last edited:

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Thanks Tree! I didn't noticed C-stick hampered aerial control, I will test it

Dr.Jets

Smash Rookie
NNID
Grocus
Does anyone have advice for laying Sheik online? I can't do any of my options because of delay and lag spikes!

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Does anyone have advice for laying Sheik online? I can't do any of my options because of delay and lag spikes!
I've personally given up with Sheik online. She requires too many inputs and too good of timing to perform very well in that laggy environment. Of course, that doesn't mean that you can't still perform well with her; I've just found it very annoying.

Top Bottom