• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW SSB4 Character Choice Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I really like the creativity of yours...but it makes him seem a little bit too broken. If you're on FD with 3 big mines planed throughout the stage, it's pretty much impossible to fight good while trying to not activate them. We don't really want Leon to be the next snake right? I like the camouflage (How could we NOT give a chameleon a camouflage move? ^^) but being able to be invisible and fight is OP. Even Wario Waft doesn't give him that much power. Here is a moveset I thought up...:

Neutral B: Blaster. It's more like Lucario's Aura Sphere than anything like the Spacies, so it's not a clone move (Unless you consider any Neutral B projectile to be a clone). Basically, he takes out his gun and shoots a large sphere of laser energy. It shrinks as it moves and depletes at about half the range of Wolf's blaster. This move is more powerful the closer they are to you.

B^: Reflector somersault. Leon jumps up in the air and pulls out two green reflectors, one in front and one behind him. He then does an aerial somersault as he gains height thus spinning the relfectors around his body. They do a complete 360 spin by the end of the jump. This is effective because it's not a typical Spacie move and is a defence and recovery all the same.

B>: A sideways leap or dash as others have suggested.

Bv: Invisibility camouflage. He turns invisible for as long as you hold down the button. This may seem OP at first but he may not fight or move while he is invisible and it cannot be used in the air. There is also moderate lag afterwards so a sneak attack is difficult.

Final Smash: Stealth Swipe. Leon turns invisible and will attack the closest person to him. After 2~ seconds after vanishing he appears and swipes his prey with a 40% dealing attack. It can be dodged however if the victim is constantly jumping and dashing around the stage during the time he is invisible.

Pros: -Fast roll and sidestepping; Fastest crawl (His crawl is as fast as his dash)
- Very little lag during his moves
- Good recovery

Cons: -Lack of killing moves; moves do little damage
- Moves have short hit boxes
- Bad aerial game

It looks like Leon could win, actually. Wow.
I like your moveset, but the thing is that it's not StarFox. Don't get me wrong -- it's excellent. Just not StarFox.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Leon:
-Is more interesting, he's something other than a canine.
- Fox has his sidekick, so naturally Wolf should have his
- Krystal is Fox's *****, that's all. For the 'OMG SHE HAS A STAF!1' people, I fail to see how having a pole will make her anymore interesting (Maybe she will dance on it to make her more useful). Saying that Krystal is a good character simply because of her self-pleasuring pole is like saying that Peach is a good character exclusively because of her pink parasol. It really makes no sense :/I'm sure Leon could have an interesting moveset too involving his own wiry fighting style involving speedy lizard movements and tongue slashes, etc.
How does having a staff for a primary weapon not make her moveset more interesting and unique? No one in Smash has anything like it, and a quarterstaff is certainly a hardcore weapon.

Peach's umbrella doesn't compare; it's not a real, sanctioned weapon. Useless point.

I don't see how you could say Leon would be a more interesting brawler, being very, very similar to the others in concept. I cannot fathom it whatsoever.

majora_787

Smash Hero
....Uh huh. Leon would be a luigified clone of a luigified clone of a luigified clone. So explain to me how he's unoriginal. Then there's Krystal. If anything, I see her as being Zamus, with a stick, and no pants. That's why if krystal gets in, she had better wear her SFA outfit, or there'll be issues.

7-6 Leon. What happens if they tie? Also, I don't want to sound impatient, but when will the next polls be put up, as far as time goes?

Spire

III
BRoomer
How does having a staff for a primary weapon not make her moveset more interesting and unique? No one in Smash has anything like it, and a quarterstaff is certainly a hardcore weapon.

Peach's umbrella doesn't compare; it's not a real, sanctioned weapon. Useless point.

I don't see how you could say Leon would be a more interesting brawler, being very, very similar to the others in concept. I cannot fathom it whatsoever.
Honestly, a sly, green, chameleon assassin is a bit more appealing than [another] fox; female, staff-wielder, and blue in color regardless. Besides, who's to say that Sakurai would actually give her a staff? She only used it in Star Fox Adventures, so to keep with modern times, she might drop the staff for another clone-esque moveset.

Also, to those that have come up with movesets for Leon - great job! All of the movesets that we have come up with seem to grow into one another. Perhaps we should post a moveset idea in the SSB4 thread for people to see?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I should listen to these people and their moveset ideas. I have a hard time coming up with ideas for special attacks, but these people are the ARTISTS of smash bros. XD

Spire

III
BRoomer
....Uh huh. Leon would be a luigified clone of a luigified clone of a luigified clone. So explain to me how he's unoriginal. Then there's Krystal. If anything, I see her as being Zamus, with a stick, and no pants. That's why if krystal gets in, she had better wear her SFA outfit, or there'll be issues.

7-6 Leon. What happens if they tie? Also, I don't want to sound impatient, but when will the next polls be put up, as far as time goes?
I counted 9-9 unless some Leon fans changed their votes to Krystal, then Leon would be up. I've not given my vote before, but man.... should I? I'm a smasher too, not a game developer.

Alright, 10-9 Leon it is!

I'll have the new poll up in a jiffy.

EDIT: You changed your vote, so it's 11-10 (with Tyfighter's also). POLL IS CLOSED!

majora_787

Smash Hero
Next person to vote is probably gonna be the last. This is like...the most epic poll so far. lol.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Next person to vote is probably gonna be the last. This is like...the most epic poll so far. lol.
Yeah it's 10-10 right now. This is intense. I did say the poll is over, so technically right now it's a draw. Should we take in one more vote? I think so ;)

majora_787

Smash Hero
One last vote. We don't want ties in our polls, it's BLASPHEMY!! ...I would finish the reference but I'd rather not get shot. Thank you.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Is the poll closed? I hope not, if it is then uh oh :ohwell:

I vote for Krystal. I like her because we need more female characters, she uses a staff, and she is wanted by a lot of (male) players. I do not find Krystal hot because she is a fox. But I like her because she is popular and she could have a very good moveset using a staff.

Spire

III
BRoomer
But I like her because she is popular
You ruined the Cinderella Story :mad:

Krystal it is...

Also, that is a horrible reason to like someone. I'm tempted to void your vote. Don't like a character because of their popularity. You're a bandwagoner at that.

Neb

Smash Lord
><!
Leon loses.
Whats so attractive about an animal with bewbs and a friggen staff.
The chameleon should have one.
/soreloser

Spire

III
BRoomer
After an arduous, neck-and-neck battle between Krystal and Leon, the blue fox prevailed because she's "more popular". Way to represent a cause you Krystal-goers!

Anyways, the new contest is up: Paper Mario vs. Baby Mario Bros. vs. Kamek. Get to voting!

1-0-0; Baby Mario Bros.

Neb

Smash Lord
Baby Mario Bros, ftw. And I agree, they'd be awesome as a pseudo-IC.
Plus we have G&W, we don't need Paper Mario, lol.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Is the poll closed? I hope not, if it is then uh oh :ohwell:

I vote for Krystal. I like her because we need more female characters, she uses a staff, and she is wanted by a lot of (male) players. I do not find Krystal hot because she is a fox. But I like her because she is popular and she could have a very good moveset using a staff.
Annoying noob! I AM THE GREAT LEON!!!

I vote for Kamek. We NEED MOAR Yoshi reps for sure. Baby Mario/Luigi can go to hell. They're constant crying...

MAKE IT STOP!!!

Paper Mario would be a good Mario rep, but we need Yoshi reps more badly.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Eh...I'm sort of wishing I had voted for Leon. Honestly, I'd prefer him in the game. He has tons of potential for a creative moveset. If I were honestly voting for a character that would be put in, I'd vote for Krystal, not because I like her better or anything (she's actually a bit unlikeable if you ask me) but I don't trust the creators to use their better judgment and use a creative moveset for Leon. Krystal would be harder to clone-ify.

In any case, I vote Kamek. Creative moveset for one, no Baby characters for another thing (They overloaded Mario Kart with those. Mario Kart Wii lost 50% of its appeal when I found out they put in BABY DAISY...), and also, I didn't like the idea of Toon Link, I don't particularly like the idea of Paper Mario. Besides, you know they'd make him a clone just like Toon Link, even though it makes no sense whatsoever.

After an arduous, neck-and-neck battle between Krystal and Leon, the blue fox prevailed because she's "more popular". Way to represent a cause you Krystal-goers!
Hey, just because one person is doing things because it's cool doesn't mean everyone who voted for her was.

Shame on you person who said that, shame on you. Mindless drones don't deserve to vote.

Seriously, could I change my vote or would you not like that? After seeing the awesome Leon movesets I realized how awesome he'd be and am inclined to say he'd be cool even if he were luigified, as much as we are in need of another female. But if that would be annoying, it's fine. In reality, Krystal would probably turn out with a more creative moveset, so it's not like I hate Krystal completely.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
baby mario bros

it would be interesting to see another 2 person fighting team and how they would incorporate their moveset

Spire

III
BRoomer
Eh...I'm sort of wishing I had voted for Leon. Honestly, I'd prefer him in the game. He has tons of potential for a creative moveset. If I were honestly voting for a character that would be put in, I'd vote for Krystal, not because I like her better or anything (she's actually a bit unlikeable if you ask me) but I don't trust the creators to use their better judgment and use a creative moveset for Leon. Krystal would be harder to clone-ify.

In any case, I vote Kamek. Creative moveset for one, no Baby characters for another thing (They overloaded Mario Kart with those. Mario Kart Wii lost 50% of its appeal when I found out they put in BABY DAISY...), and also, I didn't like the idea of Toon Link, I don't particularly like the idea of Paper Mario. Besides, you know they'd make him a clone just like Toon Link, even though it makes no sense whatsoever.

Hey, just because one person is doing things because it's cool doesn't mean everyone who voted for her was.

Shame on you person who said that, shame on you. Mindless drones don't deserve to vote.

Seriously, could I change my vote or would you not like that? After seeing the awesome Leon movesets I realized how awesome he'd be and am inclined to say he'd be cool even if he were luigified, as much as we are in need of another female. But if that would be annoying, it's fine. In reality, Krystal would probably turn out with a more creative moveset, so it's not like I hate Krystal completely.
Because you gave a thorough explanation as to why you want to change your vote, then yes. However, this won't happen again. Because of the tension in the last poll, and because you previously staged in your voting post that you really like Leon, then your change of vote is valid. This will not happen again for anyone though, no matter the poll. Plus, the last vote for Krystal was bull****.

So then... Leon wins!

gorgon.

Smash Ace
:O Leon won? Wow. Where are all of the avid Krystal fans?

Kamek is not well known enough. I don't want another duo-character.

Paper Mario could be unique and fun, and Paper Mario is an awesome series. Paper Mario.

majora_787

Smash Hero
YESS!!! This means I have a 5 poll winning streak! woot!

I vote baby mario bros. Kamek is kinda just wtf, and Paper Mario is Mario as it is.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Because you gave a thorough explanation as to why you want to change your vote, then yes. However, this won't happen again. Because of the tension in the last poll, and because you previously staged in your voting post that you really like Leon, then your change of vote is valid. This will not happen again for anyone though, no matter the poll. Plus, the last vote for Krystal was bull****.

So then... Leon wins!
Before I say what I'm about to say, I'm not saying it because I prefer Krystal.

It's unfair that Firus gets to change his vote. The poll is over. Done. End of story. What would happen if a president got nominated by one vote and then somebody comes up and says 'oh wait I want to change my vote to the other guy'. It's unfair.

I know that Spire has control over the voting, but I just wanted to say what I had to say.

Spire

III
BRoomer

It's unfair that Firus gets to change his vote. The poll is over. Done. End of story. What would happen if a president got nominated by one vote and then somebody comes up and says 'oh wait I want to change my vote to the other guy'. It's unfair.

I know that Spire has control over the voting, but I just wanted to say what I had to say.
Hehe, Bush...

Alright, I felt a little guilty about changing it. A poll's a poll. Leon gets credit though for putting up a fight ;) It has been reverted; no worries.

T

Tyman12

I vote for Leon. As said he will balance out the good to evil ratio and add another species to the star fox palette. I also don't care if Krystal will add another female because it's not like if you're a female playing Link it doesn't make you less feminine. Maybe next we can try to balance out the legend of zelda cast hint hint nudge nudge.

EDIT: you don't have too count this even though I'd appreciate it. I guess I was a little slow on the draw.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Noooo!

Krystal won. This is terrible!! Count the latest Leon vote, and discount the "vote because of popularity"! for the good of all that is sacred and holy!

Also, for today's poll, my vote will go to Kamek.

I was going to vote for Paper Mario, but as a magic user Kamek would probably have a MUCH cooler moveset.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I vote for Leon. As said he will balance out the good to evil ratio and add another species to the star fox palette. I also don't care if Krystal will add another female because it's not like if you're a female playing Link it doesn't make you less feminine. Maybe next we can try to balance out the legend of zelda cast hint hint nudge nudge.

EDIT: you don't have too count this even though I'd appreciate it. I guess I was a little slow on the draw.
Noooo!

Krystal won. This is terrible!! Count the latest Leon vote, and discount the "vote because of popularity"! for the good of all that is sacred and holy!

Also, for today's poll, my vote will go to Kamek.

I was going to vote for Paper Mario, but as a magic user Kamek would probably have a MUCH cooler moveset.
aww leon lost :( well for today i will vote for the baby bros. I think they would make another good pair character. I also would ove to see how they change their moves, from mario and luigi: partners in time, into smash moves.
Man.... so much Leonlove. I won't add the latest Leon vote, but I will unmark Krystal as the winner and change it to a "still in debate" contest.

T

Tyman12

Whoa this is hard, Paper Mario fights Kamek and Baby Mario Bros., Baby Mario bros. knocks out, and kamek fights back. (hint that was an analogy people)

I vote kamek

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Aw, man... Paper Mario or the little guys... Hmm... That's tough.

I'm gonna have to go with the Baby Bros., even though I'd also love to see Paper Mario.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

So then... Leon wins!
Yay, the underdog prevails!...

Alright, I felt a little guilty about changing it. A poll's a poll. Leon gets credit though for putting up a fight ;) It has been reverted; no worries.
...Or not. Oh well, I didn't think it would be possible anyways. Thanks for considering it anyways, Spire. But if I could change my vote, it would be for Leon, at least let that be known.

Man.... so much Leonlove. I won't add the latest Leon vote, but I will unmark Krystal as the winner and change it to a "still in debate" contest.
Yeah, perhaps we could hold it off until a bit later and then redo the poll since it was so close. That's just an idea of mine anyways, it may be biased since I want to change my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom