• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW SSB4 Character Choice Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilex

Smash Ace
You could just have both Leon and Krystal move onto the next round to please everybody. Just make sure they don't face against each other in the next round, obviously.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah, perhaps we could hold it off until a bit later and then redo the poll since it was so close. That's just an idea of mine anyways, it may be biased since I want to change my vote.
Yeah. Lets re-do that one later. Krystal will prevail though! *goes to general discussion to recruit because everybody there likes Krystal*

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah. Lets re-do that one later. Krystal will prevail though! *goes to general discussion to recruit because everybody there likes Krystal*

*goes to general discussion to recruit because no one should like Krystal*

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
My mother likes Krystall too. I asked her why and she said she looks like a strong and tough woman compared to other women like Peach. So if you do choose to have another Krystal vs Leon poll, you can count my mother's vote as well :p

If I had to choose, I choose Kamek because one Mario and one Luigi is enough. I don't like having multi versions of the same character, like Dr. Mario. If baby Mario is like Toon Link is to Link, then that may be ok I guess but we don't need anymore doubles of people.

Spire

III
BRoomer
My mother likes Krystall too. I asked her why and she said she looks like a strong and tough woman compared to other women like Peach. So if you do choose to have another Krystal vs Leon poll, you can count my mother's vote as well :p

If I had to choose, I choose Kamek because one Mario and one Luigi is enough. I don't like having multi versions of the same character, like Dr. Mario. If baby Mario is like Toon Link is to Link, then that may be ok I guess but we don't need anymore doubles of people.
Um... then we can all use our relatives/friends as voters, and frankly, that's not fair at all. Anyone could make up a relative just to add votes.

Anyways, your reasoning for Kamek's inclusion and the Baby Mario Bros.' exclusion is entirely valid, and I appreciate your comments on both. Any further details on Kamek?

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I don't entirely like Kamek or any of the characters in this Mario poll, but if I had to choose one I say Kamek because he is a different character altogther than Mario or Luigi clones. Also, when he uses magic he shoots out something different than all the other possible magic users who were requested. He shoots out this multicolored thing that looks like square, circle, and triangle while many others use fire based attacks (Zelda's Din's fire, Ness/Lucas PK Fire, Mario/Luigi fireballs, Captain Falcon's Falcon punch, Ike's Eruption etc). So the possibility of a different character and moveset altogther makes Kamek win my vote.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Kamek.

Kamek adds a representative to the Yoshi series. He was the villain in those games, protecting and mentoring Bowser while using magic to thwart baby Mario and Luigi.

He is not another Mario and offers a more variable moveset. Yoshi needs a villain, give him Kamek.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Doesn't anyone have a moveset for Kamek? I would like to see why people think (he?) would make it into smash. Plus, I hardly know who kamek is. I'd vote for Paper Mario, but he IS mario, so it's not like a link and toon link thing at all.

D

Deleted member

My answer: None of the above! We have too many Mario people anyway.

Simon Belmont all the way!!!!!

majora_787

Smash Hero
...Two of the people listed are yoshi characters, godsmith. And simon belmont most likely won't be added to a super smash bros.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
And simon belmont most likely won't be added to a super smash bros.
Your words are as empty as your soul. ಠ_ಠ

Smashboards ill needs a poster such as you.

Spire III said:
Ninten is just like Ness, isn't he?
um....yeah.....

but....
um....
he has a...uh...
A Necktie!
Yeah! That makes him totally different than Ness!............
Okay, fine then, Porky :ohwell:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Um... then we can all use our relatives/friends as voters, and frankly, that's not fair at all. Anyone could make up a relative just to add votes.
Oh yeah, that reminds me; in the next poll, count my second cousin twice removed. He wants to vote for Leon as well.

Because I totally know my second cousin twice removed.

...And I totally know what a second cousin twice removed is, too.

(That whole second, third, eighth cousin removed however many times...that's never made sense to me)

um....yeah.....

but....
um....
he has a...uh...
A Necktie!
Yeah! That makes him totally different than Ness!............
Okay, fine then, Porky :ohwell:
Porky? Meh...

I'd be fine with Porky in the game, it's just the fact that I have no clue how he'd actually work. He can't do anything outside one of his weirdo machines, so
unless they give him a smaller one...which I guess they could do. Never mind.

Yeah, Porky's actually a good candidate. (I do that a lot where I realize in the middle of what I'm saying that something would actually work)

majora_787

Smash Hero

Fine. Let's add simon belmont. while we're at it, let's throw in Master Chief, Duke Nukem, half the people from Grand Theft Auto, and James Bond while we're at it.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Porky? Meh...

I'd be fine with Porky in the game, it's just the fact that I have no clue how he'd actually work. He can't do anything outside one of his weirdo machines, so
unless they give him a smaller one...which I guess they could do. Never mind.

Yeah, Porky's actually a good candidate. (I do that a lot where I realize in the middle of what I'm saying that something would actually work)
Well actually, Porky's spider mech was originally MUCH smaller in Mother 3. There, it was only slightly wider than Porky
They just decided to make it super-sized in SSBB for the sake of making him a boss.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Never go to the general discussion to prove a point. The idiocy will make any thread explode, even in this case.

As for my vote, I'm up for another time paradox, Baby Mario Bros.
Yoshi needs little buddies to help him represent (DAWG).

Spire

III
BRoomer
Alright, well the Baby Mario Bros. won the last contest! Worthy of a spot on the roster? Perhaps so... controversy does distort the two's placement, but they could make a fine pair.

Anyways, the new battle is up - the Zelda round!

Skull Kid vs. Midna vs. Toon Zelda/Tetra!

Ilex

Smash Ace
I hope that this isn't your only LoZ poll, Wolf Link and Tingle are crying right now.

I'll go with Skull Kid, I'd rather have Midna with Wolf Link than by herself. I don't want anymore character doubles, so no Toon Zelda (Wolf Link does not count as a character double so don't accuse me of contradiction :p)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Skull Kid. I'd love to see a music moveset mixed with hand to hand and puppets, that's like the basics mixed with two forms of awesome. Besides, Midna alone is all :urg:. And more toons is kinda...pointless.

smashbot226

Smash Master
My answer: None of the above! We have too many Mario people anyway.

Simon Belmont all the way!!!!!
LOLWUT

No way dude.

We already have one whip user...

And to whoever wanted a Kamek moveset:

B: Triumvirate Blast- Kamek takes a moment to charge his magical rod and shoots a slow, but foe seeking, blast with rotating squares, circles, and triangles. Along with the ability to ALWAYS hit up to three times, there is also ALWAYS a random elemental effect accompanied with the blast, from electricity to freezing. Not swell knockback, but decent enough damage.

B^: Broomstick Sweep- Kamek pulls out his magical broomstick, and he flies alongside the stage horizontally for around four seconds, then dives off to Earth. As he flies, any foe caught in the way will receive very notable damage and does good knockback, killing at 107%. Also, as he flies, he releases a magic dust below him doing minor, but rapid damage.

BV: Mystery Magic- More of a chance move than anything. Kamek points his fingers outwards and shoots magical dust that quickly spiral forward. This dust may do one of twelve effects, similar to a ranged Judgement. I'd go in depth, but I have places to go and people to see...

B>: Toss Minion- Kamek shoots a minion conjured from his rod. This minion could be a Bashful Burt, Phantom Mask, or any number of different famous Mario villains, aside from those that have appeared in SMB 1 and Shy Guy.

EDIT: I vote for Midna w/ Wolf Link. If she's solo, then I vote for Mask Link.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The only reason why I did not include Wolf Link is because he is Link. Midna is entirely capable of functioning on her own. She's not dependent on Wolf Link. Tingle will not appear in the future, I am sorry.

However, for the sake of what is desirable, I may include Wolf Link with Midna.

majora_787

Smash Hero
LOLWUT

No way dude.

We already have one whip user...

And to whoever wanted a Kamek moveset:

B: Triumvirate Blast- Kamek takes a moment to charge his magical rod and shoots a slow, but foe seeking, blast with rotating squares, circles, and triangles. Along with the ability to ALWAYS hit up to three times, there is also ALWAYS a random elemental effect accompanied with the blast, from electricity to freezing. Not swell knockback, but decent enough damage.

B^: Broomstick Sweep- Kamek pulls out his magical broomstick, and he flies alongside the stage horizontally for around four seconds, then dives off to Earth. As he flies, any foe caught in the way will receive very notable damage and does good knockback, killing at 107%. Also, as he flies, he releases a magic dust below him doing minor, but rapid damage.

BV: Mystery Magic- More of a chance move than anything. Kamek points his fingers outwards and shoots magical dust that quickly spiral forward. This dust may do one of twelve effects, similar to a ranged Judgement. I'd go in depth, but I have places to go and people to see...

B>: Toss Minion- Kamek shoots a minion conjured from his rod. This minion could be a Bashful Burt, Phantom Mask, or any number of different famous Mario villains, aside from those that have appeared in SMB 1 and Shy Guy.

EDIT: I vote for Midna w/ Wolf Link. If she's solo, then I vote for Mask Link.
That was me, and you did a good job. Midna is solo, and mask link isn't on the poll.

Also, Spire, I think you might want to try a two part metroid poll. It should be three MPH hunters, and then the winner faces off against Dark Samus and Ridley. I thought about that, and I don't think 8 people will fit in one vs poll. XD

Ilex

Smash Ace
The only reason why I did not include Wolf Link is because he is Link. Midna is entirely capable of functioning on her own. She's not dependent on Wolf Link. Tingle will not appear in the future, I am sorry.

However, for the sake of what is desirable, I may include Wolf Link with Midna.
Why not Tingle? It's unprofessional for you to pick and choose based on your opinion when the point of this is to find out what everybody else likes. If you go to Character discussion, Tingle's support thread has 39 pages while the one for Tetra/Zelda only has 8 pages. Why would Toon Zelda be in this competition and not Tingle? He clearly is more wanted :/ Being biased is not cool.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I took a moment and made a moveset for Skull Kid.

^B: Piano Strings
Skull Kid does a tether recovery with some of his puppet strings. It makes an arc in the direction he was facing when he used the move. On ground he releases the strings in a fan-spread upwards, pulling people toward him.

<B: Puppet
Similar to snake's missile. Skull kid plays his horn and a puppet appears next to him. He controls the puppet, which has its own A button moveset, but it cannot move too far away from Skull Kid or it falls apart and SkullKid becomes vulnerable. You press shield to drop control of the puppet, and you can pick it up and carry it to another location and reuse it in another spot. Skull Kid can use another Skull Kid's puppet, just like Wario. Skull Kid is always vulnerable during this attack as well, and the puppet has no ranged attacks. It does, however, save him from a potential knockout if he has high damage and gets knocked out of control.

VB: Forest Siren
Skull Kid plays his horn and a small bubble of sound forms around him. This is the exact opposite of a reflector that Fox uses, as direct attacks will cause damage to the attacker. However, throwing a projectile at Skull Kid during this attack will disrupt and damage him.

B: Trumpet
Skull Kid blows on his trumpet and makes a small shockwave go forward. It's similar to Zamus's paralyzer, in the sense that it goes forward and stuns whoever it hits. It also has short range and does little damage. It can be charged.

Final Smash: Swamp Fog / Purple Mist
The screen gets covered in purple mist for about 15-20 seconds. Everyone becomes invisible except for their tag, and Skull Kid is invincible. However, opponents in the mist don't fly as far and fall more slowly due do the density of the fog. After the time is up, the fog fades and everyone is visible and vulnerable again. So it doesn't do anything for him other than buy him some time on racking up damage. The mist also makes explosives duds.

Ever since Twilight Princess this is what I imagined his moveset being.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Why not Tingle? It's unprofessional for you to pick and choose based on your opinion when the point of this is to find out what everybody else likes. If you go to Character discussion, Tingle's support thread has 39 pages while the one for Tetra/Zelda only has 8 pages. Why would Toon Zelda be in this competition and not Tingle? He clearly is more wanted :/ Being biased is not cool.
Well I've been mistaken then. I was under the impression that he was one of the least wanted. Will get to editing right away. Very sorry about that.

Also, I will not be adding Wolf Link. It is suggested that the next Zelda game will be a Twilight Princess sequel, and that Midna may return due to what she says at the end of the game. Wolf Link is kind of the "Ocarina of Time (the instrument)" of Twilight Princess, just as Wind Waker had the Wind Waker, and Majora's Mask had the Transformation Masks (despite the Ocarina's use, it did not play as important a role). It has also been said that the next Zelda will be nothing like any other Zelda game. I am 99% sure that Wolf Link will not be returning, but like I said previously, Midna may, and if that be the case, then she would return in her "true form". So if I change anything, it's going to be to her real form.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't care. Mask Link is better than ALL of these.

*Sigh...*

I vote for Skull Kid.

EDIT:

Might I suggest a Fire Emblem one next?

Black Knight vs. Micaiah vs. Hector
I think it's a bit late to add Mask Link. I mean, if Ocarina of Time link were still in SSB we could consider it but...I guess we could still dream. I personally would like to see Skull Kid face both link AND mask link.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think it's a bit late to add Mask Link. I mean, if Ocarina of Time link were still in SSB we could consider it but...I guess we could still dream. I personally would like to see Skull Kid face both link AND mask link.
At least we could face him against A Link.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, yeah...true. I'm gonna have to write these movesets down, some of them are really good. Especially mine, mine is the best one for Skull Kid so far, not to be a smartass. :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
All the Zelda Characters I really wanted are in the game, but Skull Kid would be an interesting add I suppose.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That was me, and you did a good job. Midna is solo, and mask link isn't on the poll.

Also, Spire, I think you might want to try a two part metroid poll. It should be three MPH hunters, and then the winner faces off against Dark Samus and Ridley. I thought about that, and I don't think 8 people will fit in one vs poll. XD
Meh. If we add Hunters in for a poll, there better be a mix of ones from MPH and MP3. I'd take Ridley over any of them any day, but MP3's were better in my opinion. We should at least include one, like Rundas, who's the most likely. If we add in Gandrayda, you know people will scream "KIRBY CLONE!" because she can copy other people, and because people also think that Megaman would end up being a Samus Clone...then again, their paranoia is probably justified, and I'm not one to talk anyways since I'm pretty paranoid about clone-ifying myself.

In any case, a 2-part is smart. (I'm a poet and I didn't know it!)
My personal choices would be Rundas, Spire, and Sylux (because even though I don't really like him, that ship at the end of MP3 was probably his, and Sylux is uber popular) for first round. But that's just my opinion.

I don't care. Mask Link is better than ALL of these.

*Sigh...*

I vote for Skull Kid.

EDIT:

Might I suggest a Fire Emblem one next?

Black Knight vs. Micaiah vs. Hector
Um...don't kill me for this, but who the heck is Mask Link? I take it he's from Ocarina of Time, and uh...yeah, I've gotten through the first two dungeons.

Also, for a Fire Emblem poll, we should have a lance user in there as well. A Lance could be a creative new weapon to use, and there should be at least one lance user in the poll. Ephraim comes to mind, but since I get the impression a lot of people didn't like FESS, even though I loved it to death, we can use someone else. I just think a lance user would be good.

As for my vote...Midna, I don't think so. In her human form, she has practically no moveset potential, so she'll end up being another Zelda where they made everything up. As much as we need another female rep, I don't think Midna should be it.
Tingle is just...no. He's a creepy old guy who thinks he's a fairy. He's plucky comic relief. He can stay an Assist Trophy or be a background guy like in Melee. I'm sure just because I'm saying this he'll get in the next Smash Bros (I thought Wind Waker Link, which is basically what we got, was incredibly ridiculous...oops.), but he should not be playable. I'm with Spire, I would never have thought there's almost 40 pages of a Tingle Support thread.
Toon Zelda/Tetra, as I said, I thought Toon Link was a bad concept. I'm going to agree here. Plus, since it's another transformation, this screams clone to me. Because again, there's no moveset potential so they'll have to make it all up, and if you're making something up, it's probably easiest to take the made up movesets there already are.

So yeah, as much as he bugs me intensely, I'm going to have to vote for Skull Kid. But if his puppets appear in the game, I'll be really disturbed. Clowns, puppets, dolls...all that sort of stuff bugs me to no end.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Meh. If we add Hunters in for a poll, there better be a mix of ones from MPH and MP3. I'd take Ridley over any of them any day, but MP3's were better in my opinion. We should at least include one, like Rundas, who's the most likely. If we add in Gandrayda, you know people will scream "KIRBY CLONE!" because she can copy other people, and because people also think that Megaman would end up being a Samus Clone...then again, their paranoia is probably justified, and I'm not one to talk anyways since I'm pretty paranoid about clone-ifying myself.

In any case, a 2-part is smart. (I'm a poet and I didn't know it!)
My personal choices would be Rundas, Spire, and Sylux (because even though I don't really like him, that ship at the end of MP3 was probably his, and Sylux is uber popular) for first round. But that's just my opinion.

Um...don't kill me for this, but who the heck is Mask Link? I take it he's from Ocarina of Time, and uh...yeah, I've gotten through the first two dungeons.

Also, for a Fire Emblem poll, we should have a lance user in there as well. A Lance could be a creative new weapon to use, and there should be at least one lance user in the poll. Ephraim comes to mind, but since I get the impression a lot of people didn't like FESS, even though I loved it to death, we can use someone else. I just think a lance user would be good.

As for my vote...Midna, I don't think so. In her human form, she has practically no moveset potential, so she'll end up being another Zelda where they made everything up. As much as we need another female rep, I don't think Midna should be it.
Tingle is just...no. He's a creepy old guy who thinks he's a fairy. He's plucky comic relief. He can stay an Assist Trophy or be a background guy like in Melee. I'm sure just because I'm saying this he'll get in the next Smash Bros (I thought Wind Waker Link, which is basically what we got, was incredibly ridiculous...oops.), but he should not be playable. I'm with Spire, I would never have thought there's almost 40 pages of a Tingle Support thread.
Toon Zelda/Tetra, as I said, I thought Toon Link was a bad concept. I'm going to agree here. Plus, since it's another transformation, this screams clone to me. Because again, there's no moveset potential so they'll have to make it all up, and if you're making something up, it's probably easiest to take the made up movesets there already are.

So yeah, as much as he bugs me intensely, I'm going to have to vote for Skull Kid. But if his puppets appear in the game, I'll be really disturbed. Clowns, puppets, dolls...all that sort of stuff bugs me to no end.
Sounds like a good list for the pre-finals Metroid poll. I've always liked Spire (not because of the name) because he reminds me of a Goron.

As for Mask Link, they are referring to the Link in Majora's Mask - where he uses masks to transform.

As for moveset potential for Toon Link, they had A TON of new, and entirely different things that they could have done - Bow B; Skull Hammer <B>; Deku Leaf ^B; Iron Boots vB; Grappling Hook as tether/grab; Wind Waker blows crazy wind everywhere for Final Smash. Man, he could have been really neat. Oh well, clones are always for the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom