• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW SSB4 Character Choice Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire, they shrunk him successfully in the opening for Melee. ^^

Okay.

Okay...

BAM! Ridley is giant in comparison to Samus. Look, her shoulder is overlapping his wing slightly, so he's not completely in the foreground, and she behind. I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Yeah, the first two pics are convincing, but you get to the third, and all theories on Ridley's playable size in the opening of Melee are nullified.

This is off topic but can you tell me where to find those awesome pictures you use Spire, like Midna.
Also you accidently said that Skull Kid had 4 votes on page 1.

And finally on topic, Rundas.
Thanks, I appreciate you pointing that out. Well Mario Wiki is where I get my Mario/DK pics. Zelda Wiki is where I get Zelda pics, and the others I just google for. I usually have to do quite a bit of editing to the pics so that they are suitable for presentation.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Spire, if they can make Ridley that close to Samus's size, they could easily just make him that size and either make the wings always closed except for jumping, OR just decrease their size a bit. I can see them making Ridley work.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire, if they can make Ridley that close to Samus's size, they could easily just make him that size and either make the wings always closed except for jumping, OR just decrease their size a bit. I can see them making Ridley work.
It's a bit immoral in my opinion. Some character deserve to stay out of the roster for their own good. While he would strongly promote Metroid by becoming playable, so would a hunter, or Dark Samus. Look, playing as Ridley would be awesome, just plain awesome, but for the sake of balance and keeping to regularity, Ridley should stay out of the roster. I already hate seeing it possible for Ganondorf to be defeated by the likes of Jigglypuff - that's demoralizing. Why do the same for Ridley?

Then again, it isn't a canonical game, and is just a game. My main argument is the downsizing of his greatness to something much smaller in scale. If he becomes playable, he'll definitely have to be the largest character so at least no one outmatches him in size. That would mean however, that everything in the game be built around him also. All stages - both playable and in the SSE were built for every single character (except Lylat Cruise where many people clip through the platforms). If he's in, he better be balanced as ****ing hell, because I don't want to see an awkwardly placed Ridley, like he wasn't given attention. He must be given incredible attention.

Anyways, we need to get back to the polls.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Typically, characters from their own series are about on an actual scale to each other, and Ridley is just plain hughe.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ridley's landmaster is called Omega Ridleymaster. Speaking of, put OMEGA or META ridley in the next metroid poll pretty please :bee:

XD

Charizard92

Smash Champion
He'd be bigger, much bigger, and his final smash might be similar to the Dragoon, if and when He gets in (god forbid)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
A: Landmaster is from Starfox, not metroid
B: Bowser's size varies, Ridley's doesn't (often)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ridley's landmaster is called Omega Ridleymaster. Speaking of, put OMEGA or META ridley in the next metroid poll pretty please :bee:

XD
Nah, just Ridley. Meta Ridley is cool, but too Metroid Prime exclusive. Since the Metroid Prime trilogy is over and we probably won't be seeing him again, it doesn't make sense.

Same goes for Omega Ridley, only he's less epic. He's purely about Phazon, and while that was cool for the Prime series while it lasted, it should not have gotten to Ridley. Prime 3 is over, and since Phazon is gone, Omega Ridley is no more.

Ridley has had the most appearances, and he could represent Meta and Omega Ridley as well. Possibly alternate costumes for him, in fact. The only game Ridley hasn't been in is MP2, and I THINK Metroid 2. I've not gotten very far in that game, so I THINK it's just Metroids but I haven't researched it so I could be wrong.

Plus, if we have multiple Ridleys, we won't have room for Dark Samus and the victor here.

It's a bit immoral in my opinion. Some character deserve to stay out of the roster for their own good. While he would strongly promote Metroid by becoming playable, so would a hunter, or Dark Samus. Look, playing as Ridley would be awesome, just plain awesome, but for the sake of balance and keeping to regularity, Ridley should stay out of the roster. I already hate seeing it possible for Ganondorf to be defeated by the likes of Jigglypuff - that's demoralizing. Why do the same for Ridley?

Then again, it isn't a canonical game, and is just a game. My main argument is the downsizing of his greatness to something much smaller in scale. If he becomes playable, he'll definitely have to be the largest character so at least no one outmatches him in size. That would mean however, that everything in the game be built around him also. All stages - both playable and in the SSE were built for every single character (except Lylat Cruise where many people clip through the platforms). If he's in, he better be balanced as ****ing hell, because I don't want to see an awkwardly placed Ridley, like he wasn't given attention. He must be given incredible attention.

Anyways, we need to get back to the polls.
Thank you!! I respectfully disagree with what you're saying, but this is the most well-reasoned, non-flame-involving argument I've ever heard against Ridley. And the fact that you don't want him in because it would make him less epic. That's a good point, but...Metroid needs another rep and Ridley is the only one I see fit to do so. Dark Samus has made an appearance in two games, a cameo appearance in one (100% ending of Metroid Prime). The hunters (all of them) have been in one game, although I guess if that ship at the end of MP3 is Sylux's, that's sort of a cameo appearance for him. Plus, Metroid Prime Hunters wasn't a real Metroid game and, while I like Spire and Kanden (I agree with you there; he's another one of my favorites, and he has a nice story behind him. A little bit like Mewtwo, actually...), they just don't deserve to represent Metroid in my opinion. Even Zero Suit Samus doesn't have a place if you ask me, because ZERO SUIT Samus had a half hour appearance in Zero Mission, and then what, 3 ending apperances? It's just an alternate of Samus anyways; it doesn't count as a rep if you ask me.

Ultimately, I see either a Metroid (ugh...no generic characters), Kraid (waay too big), Ridley, and Space Pirates (again, generic) as being fit to have a spot. A Space Pirate would be awesome, actually, but I can't see one single Space Pirate that could represent them all. Weavel is supposed to be a Space Pirate, but doesn't look like one, nor has this fight to the death with Samus ever been in a game before. The Omega Pirate has had a one-time appearance, so again, no. Ridley may be big, and making him playable may be downgrading him, but on the other hand, he is probably the general of the Space Pirates (there have been conflicting things whether Mother Brain or Ridley is), he would be a great rep that DESERVES to represent the Metroid universe, and would be a villain to even it out. They've conquered challenges before; Pokemon Trainer, Bowser (I know you said don't use that argument, but despite the fact that he changes sizes every game, he has never been that small, except for maybe in the first game; and in that case, Ridley was that size in the first game too.), Ice Climbers, ROB, Zero Suit Samus, and coming up with movesets for people like Zelda and Captain Falcon. Not to mention the biggest challenge of all; finding a way to put tons of famous Nintendo characters into one game. If they've tackled all of these challenges successfully, I find it hard to believe that what Sakurai says is true about Ridley;

Masahiro Sakurai said:
I think that would probably be pretty impossible.
I just realized something; the Metroid games have ALWAYS been about Samus. Samus alone. Samus against the world. As such, I've now spontaneously realized that that's how it should be in Smash Bros. Samus against the world.
I still see Ridley as most fit as a rep, so he's still got my vote, but I'm fine without another Metroid rep.

Everything in the blue-ish color is to let you know that I still hold those arguments, but what I just said is what's most important.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
One problem, so far, all characters were below like 10 feet, not only will Ridley surpass this, but he also breaks the gameplay as we know it. He can't be knocked out like the normal characters can, he'd need an HP bar, he has to not have any moves that can easily KO an opponent at zero %, the list goes on. This can go far enough to make him the first banned character in tournaments, and I doubt you would want that. I don't know any of the hunters here (still regret not getting Metroid Prime 3) so I can't really vote for any of them.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Nah, just Ridley. Meta Ridley is cool, but too Metroid Prime exclusive. Since the Metroid Prime trilogy is over and we probably won't be seeing him again, it doesn't make sense.

Same goes for Omega Ridley, only he's less epic. He's purely about Phazon, and while that was cool for the Prime series while it lasted, it should not have gotten to Ridley. Prime 3 is over, and since Phazon is gone, Omega Ridley is no more.

Ridley has had the most appearances, and he could represent Meta and Omega Ridley as well. Possibly alternate costumes for him, in fact. The only game Ridley hasn't been in is MP2, and I THINK Metroid 2. I've not gotten very far in that game, so I THINK it's just Metroids but I haven't researched it so I could be wrong.

Plus, if we have multiple Ridleys, we won't have room for Dark Samus and the victor here.

Thank you!! I respectfully disagree with what you're saying, but this is the most well-reasoned, non-flame-involving argument I've ever heard against Ridley. And the fact that you don't want him in because it would make him less epic. That's a good point, but...Metroid needs another rep and Ridley is the only one I see fit to do so. Dark Samus has made an appearance in two games, a cameo appearance in one (100% ending of Metroid Prime). The hunters (all of them) have been in one game, although I guess if that ship at the end of MP3 is Sylux's, that's sort of a cameo appearance for him. Plus, Metroid Prime Hunters wasn't a real Metroid game and, while I like Spire and Kanden (I agree with you there; he's another one of my favorites, and he has a nice story behind him. A little bit like Mewtwo, actually...), they just don't deserve to represent Metroid in my opinion. Even Zero Suit Samus doesn't have a place if you ask me, because ZERO SUIT Samus had a half hour appearance in Zero Mission, and then what, 3 ending apperances? It's just an alternate of Samus anyways; it doesn't count as a rep if you ask me.

Ultimately, I see either a Metroid (ugh...no generic characters), Kraid (waay too big), Ridley, and Space Pirates (again, generic) as being fit to have a spot. A Space Pirate would be awesome, actually, but I can't see one single Space Pirate that could represent them all. Weavel is supposed to be a Space Pirate, but doesn't look like one, nor has this fight to the death with Samus ever been in a game before. The Omega Pirate has had a one-time appearance, so again, no. Ridley may be big, and making him playable may be downgrading him, but on the other hand, he is probably the general of the Space Pirates (there have been conflicting things whether Mother Brain or Ridley is), he would be a great rep that DESERVES to represent the Metroid universe, and would be a villain to even it out. They've conquered challenges before; Pokemon Trainer, Bowser (I know you said don't use that argument, but despite the fact that he changes sizes every game, he has never been that small, except for maybe in the first game; and in that case, Ridley was that size in the first game too.), Ice Climbers, ROB, Zero Suit Samus, and coming up with movesets for people like Zelda and Captain Falcon. Not to mention the biggest challenge of all; finding a way to put tons of famous Nintendo characters into one game. If they've tackled all of these challenges successfully, I find it hard to believe that what Sakurai says is true about Ridley;

I just realized something; the Metroid games have ALWAYS been about Samus. Samus alone. Samus against the world. As such, I've now spontaneously realized that that's how it should be in Smash Bros. Samus against the world.
I still see Ridley as most fit as a rep, so he's still got my vote, but I'm fine without another Metroid rep.

Everything in the blue-ish color is to let you know that I still hold those arguments, but what I just said is what's most important.
Every point that you've made is absolutely right. I do not disagree with anything you said. Metroid is a very odds or evens type of series, no integers really; it's extreme if anything. The two most deserving characters are: Samus, the all-time hero who has never been replaced by anyone and; Ridley, the most ruthless and recurring boss in the Metroid series, coming back in new forms to thwart Samus no matter what. He deserves the spot more than anyone else from the Metroid series (besides Samus of course).

Your point about Samus taking on the whole world makes her so much more important as an individual smasher - repping her entire game. Everything we've seen in the Metroid games, Samus has defeated. She takes that reputation and brings it into smash to take out other Nintendo characters. That is some smokin' badass chick right there. That may also be the concept of why Samus was given Zero-Suit Samus, so she would be more in-depth as a character. I think for SSB4, Samus needs to be upped in her skills. While she is good, she can have a difficult time competing. I personally want her attacks to feel heavier, because they're too liquid right now.

Anyways, I've made my point now, and whether or not Ridley is added (or any other character for that matter), it's all good.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
One problem, so far, all characters were below like 10 feet, not only will Ridley surpass this, but he also breaks the gameplay as we know it. He can't be knocked out like the normal characters can, he'd need an HP bar, he has to not have any moves that can easily KO an opponent at zero %, the list goes on. This can go far enough to make him the first banned character in tournaments, and I doubt you would want that.
Who's to say:

A) They can't change his size?
B) He can't be knocked out like normal; seriously, where did you come up with that?
C) His moves would automatically have to OHKO?

Seriously, this is just what you've come up with. They had to change it so all RPG Characters (Ness, Lucas, the Pokemon, Fire Emblem Characters) don't have HP, so Dedede and Bowser don't have HP, so Bowser is smaller (refer to my comment in my previous post), so Kirby can't kill enemies by swallowing them, so that the space animals and Falcon can be outside of a vehicle, so that Zelda can fight, so that Snake's weapons don't kill, so that Olimar is normal sized...some of these weren't challenges, but you can't say that they can't change anything. They destroyed the rules of physics, I'm pretty sure they can destroy the rules of Ridley thus far.

I don't really want him in anymore, because of my sudden realization, but I still stand by the fact that he COULD work.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ghor: 1
Rundas: 2
Spire: 2
Sylux:

...Well, it looks like Rundas and Spire are ahead in this poll. I still vote for Ghor unless someone gives me a reason to vote for Spire or Rundas.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Who's to say:

A) They can't change his size?
B) He can't be knocked out like normal; seriously, where did you come up with that?
C) His moves would automatically have to OHKO?

Seriously, this is just what you've come up with. They had to change it so all RPG Characters (Ness, Lucas, the Pokemon, Fire Emblem Characters) don't have HP, so Dedede and Bowser don't have HP, so Bowser is smaller (refer to my comment in my previous post), so Kirby can't kill enemies by swallowing them, so that the space animals and Falcon can be outside of a vehicle, so that Zelda can fight, so that Snake's weapons don't kill, so that Olimar is normal sized...some of these weren't challenges, but you can't say that they can't change anything. They destroyed the rules of physics, I'm pretty sure they can destroy the rules of Ridley thus far.

I don't really want him in anymore, because of my sudden realization, but I still stand by the fact that he COULD work.
A: you got me there
B: Because he is so huge he wouldn't flinch
C: over exaggeration, sorry
D: Play Super Mario Galaxy, he's around the same size in comparison to Mario in Brawl
E: Look, Ridley is much bigger than Samus, who never changes in size. Also, Characters are relatively the same size in Brawl in comparison to characters in their own series, this is essentially a death warrant to Ridley's chances. Ridley has to be much larger than Samus, and at that size he would essentially break the gameplay as we know it. His size killed his chances.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Melee opening. All he needs is that size and some refining on the wing hitboxes and we're good to go.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
A: you got me there
B: Because he is so huge he wouldn't flinch
C: over exaggeration, sorry
D: Play Super Mario Galaxy, he's around the same size in comparison to Mario in Brawl
E: Look, Ridley is much bigger than Samus, who never changes in size. Also, Characters are relatively the same size in Brawl in comparison to characters in their own series, this is essentially a death warrant to Ridley's chances. Ridley has to be much larger than Samus, and at that size he would essentially break the gameplay as we know it. His size killed his chances.
Technically, Pokemon shouldn't be able to die either, but that doesn't mean they don't in Smash Bros. He'd be able to flinch. He does in the Metroid games, to some extent. Heck, he screams the freakin' speakers off of your game in Fusion. I think if he can react that strongly to pain, he can flinch.

In Mario Galaxy, okay. But if you haven't noticed, his design in both Melee and Brawl had nothing to do with Galaxy. They would've done more with Galaxy if they had been able to implement things from it in Brawl.

And if you want to argue that he was able to be shrunk in one game, so he can be shrunk in Smash Bros, I give you this, a revamped sprite sheet of original Ridley;

(I kept the entire sheet for extra material and, of course, the joke at the bottom ;))

His size has only killed his chances in the minds of skeptics and the close-minded.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Ridley would be a boss character, and most don't flinch (Ridley might flinch to turn off a vulnerability frame). Notice that the sizes of characters are in a direct proportion in their series (for example, Pokemon are around the same size ratio in Brawl as they are in their own games). Because Ridley would have to be in a similar ratio to Samus' size in Metroid, he'd have to be huge in order to keep this, and that size would essentially break gameplay (I don't care if you can make him flinch or not, he's going to need an HP counter instead of a damage counter) and ban him from tournaments. If there is a way that he can have an accurate size ratio to Samus and still be tournament legal, tell me.

Spire

III
BRoomer

(I kept the entire sheet for extra material and, of course, the joke at the bottom ;))
Ridley's a firin' his lazar!

End of Ridley argument. Save it for when Ridley is in the poll, please. We have little to no votes at all because of all of this.

Oh, and Charizard92 - my guess is that you don't want a contending dragon to challenge Charizard now, do you? Anyways, OVER!

Charizard92

Smash Champion
No, Ridley just doesn't look like he can fit into smash without breaking the gameplay, besides, this is the only version where he is around Samus' size. Look everywhere else, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime 1 & 3, and anywhere Ridley is there. I'm not a Ridley hater, just that he is so huge in Metroid that he just doesn't really fit in Smash.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ridley would be a boss character, and most don't flinch (Ridley might flinch to turn off a vulnerability frame). Notice that the sizes of characters are in a direct proportion in their series (for example, Pokemon are around the same size ratio in Brawl as they are in their own games). Because Ridley would have to be in a similar ratio to Samus' size in Metroid, he'd have to be huge in order to keep this, and that size would essentially break gameplay (I don't care if you can make him flinch or not, he's going to need an HP counter instead of a damage counter) and ban him from tournaments. If there is a way that he can have an accurate size ratio to Samus and still be tournament legal, tell me.
Just as a curiousity, have you played a Metroid game or are you taking everything about Ridley from Brawl?

Also, did you completely miss my last post?

Another thing; Pokemon are actually not the same size ratio. At least not Squirtle. Squirtle's size compared to the trainer is about a third. Yet, in the victory pose of Squirtle in Brawl, when the trainer hugs it, it's almost as big. Also, Pikachu, who is similar in size to Squirtle, is about a fourth of the trainer's size. It's the opposite, but they're still not the same ratio. And Bowser is MASSIVE in Sunshine and 64, while he's merely a little taller than Mario in Brawl. I don't care about Galaxy, it's only one game and neither Bowser was based on it.

And again with the HP Bar. Where the heck is this coming from? You're making this up as you go along. There is NOTHING that binds Ridley to HP more than the Pokemon to HP, Bowser to a set amount of hits, Sonic to a Ring system, Dedede to an HP bar, Link to Heart Containers, Ness/Lucas to HP...you're just making this up. And again, refer to Ridley from the first game's sprite. It's revamped, but the size is the same.

Also, as for only one version where he's small doesn't work, because that's your only argument for Bowser's size; he was small in Galaxy.

EDIT: Okay Spire, I'll cool it until he's in the poll. Sorry.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Youtube videos, I already regret not getting Metroid Prime 3, but those youtube videos (along with the Super Metroid demo) has Ridley as very large. Bowser always varies in size. The P. Trainer victory might be an illusion. Well, they are close. On the HP thing, how do you think you fight Master hand, by trying to knock the thing off the stage?! Youtube videos of Hacking Master hand in the original is pretty much how Ridley would be done, several moves you can perform along with a health meter. Yes, I know that those were hacks but Ridley would essentially use the same rules as Master hand which would easily ban Ridley. If you can find some way to make Ridley playable, fine with me.

On the poll... **** should have gotten Metroid Prime 3.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Youtube videos, I already regret not getting Metroid Prime 3, but those youtube videos (along with the Super Metroid demo) has Ridley as very large. Bowser always varies in size. The P. Trainer victory might be an illusion. Well, they are close. On the HP thing, how do you think you fight Master hand, by trying to knock the thing off the stage?! Youtube videos of Hacking Master hand in the original is pretty much how Ridley would be done, several moves you can perform along with a health meter. Yes, I know that those were hacks but Ridley would essentially use the same rules as Master hand which would easily ban Ridley. If you can find some way to make Ridley playable, fine with me.

I have to respond to this regardless of what I said about this argument. Ridley is a boss in Brawl - he has a health bar. If Ridley were a smasher, he would not. Get it through your head that if he were resized and if he were a smasher, he would play just as they all do - racking up damage percentage until he gets thrown off of the stage. He doesn't flinch much in the Metroid games because he's so ****ing big, but if he were resized, he would flinch because the damage would be more severe to his smaller form. Get over it. He wouldn't play like Master Hand if he were a playable character. He already plays extremely similar to Master Hand in the SSE. Your argument is void and lacks corroboration. Please resume this argument when the Ridley poll begins.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

But Master Hand is a BOSS! If Ridley is playable, he won't be a boss, meaning he will be normal! I don't have to come up with something to counter the HP argument, YOU have to come up with something to support it.

Bowser always varies in size, but he's always pretty large. Unless you can find a case where he's as small as he is in Brawl other than Galaxy, then that means the varying size makes no difference. Ridley varies in size, too. He's small in Metroid 1, large size in SM and MZM, rather large in Prime 1 as Meta Ridley, smaller in Prime 3 as Meta Ridley, about the same as from Prime 1 for Omega Ridley, and a smaller size in Fusion. His size varies, he's still only small in one game, just like Bowser.

And as for you not getting Prime 3, I'll try to help you out with Rundas and Ghor here so you can try to cast a vote. But if you just haven't bought Prime 3 YET, and don't want spoilers, stop reading here and tell me you don't want to be spoiled.

Rundas

-He can fly with Ice. Like, as he floats in the air, ice trails behind him.
-He can shoot ice.
-He can control ice.

For the best possible reference, watch a video of the Rundas battle, but this is basically what he can do.

I just realized a paradox though; (Not sure if it's a good idea to spoiler tag this or not, so I'll do it just to be safe.
Rundas died. Like, violently. After you beat him, he falls down and ice comes up and stabs through him. He's not a recurring character, he's probably dead, permanently. Would this stop them from putting him in? Come to think of it, Ghor died violently too; he explodes once you beat him. I mean, there are characters that are defeated in the games, but no one in Smash Bros has been permanently killed off in their games. At least, I don't think Porky died permanently. I know he was in two games, but I don't know if he permanently died in 3 or not.

Ghor

-He can fuse himself with machines. He has a huge mech that he uses in his battle with you, which may be shrunk for use since he doesn't appear to do much without it.
-He has a Plasma Beam (which, by the way, is inaccurate. The Plasma beam is GREEN, not firey and red. Same goes for Prime 1.)
-He has a shield-type thing that goes in front of him.
-He has minimal hovering with the ability to create shockwaves when he lands.

Oh, and they can both go into Hyper Mode and shoot Phazon.

Hope this helped.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4691855#post4691855

My case against Ridley

On the poll, I'll go with Rundas, as he has the ability to not rely on a monster mech.
But again, that's assuming he'd have super armor etc. That's stupid. You can't say he wouldn't work because you can think of a situation where it wouldn't. If Porky can work as a playable character, which he can, there's no reason Ridly can't.

And as for the rest, I really agree; it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to make him playable and degrade him to that level. But again, my whole reason for arguing here is proving that he CAN be put in, not that I want him in, since I think that Samus vs. Everyone is the best way for Metroid to be repped. The only thing I ask is that it gets some extra recognition, like with 2 bosses like it has now and possibly some more levels/songs. I STILL cannot believe Lower Norfair/Magmoor Caverns didn't get into the soundtrack. Nor can I believe that they made mistakes with a bunch of trophies, nor can I believe they called the Theme of Super Metroid the Theme of Samus, nor can I believe they called Echoes simply "Multiplayer". I mean, sheesh! You'd think they could catch that!

As for Rundas, yeah, between the two, he wins for me. Ghor never really appealed to me that much when he was good, and once he went all psychotic on my ship, I got really ticked. Rundas...I actually thought he was cool, he saved me from death, and when I saw him die, I was actually saddened.

Gandrayda; I liked her as well. I can't believe that I
never even thought that the GF Trooper was her until it transformed.
God, I'm gullible. Then again, so is Samus, apparently. And that battle with Gandrayda, as well as the interesting music...that was epic. She was one of the most fun, but tough, fights in the game. My biggest complaint about MP3 was no Boss Battle option. Heck, even fighting Dark Samus over again is impossible. You either have to not save beating the game and go through the last part all over again (and it's pretty long and difficult) or replay the entire game. And that Meta Ridley fight...SO EPIC. It'd just be nice to be able to conveniently access all of the boss fights.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Rundas: 3
Spire: 3
Sylux: 2

Rundas and Spire are equal. And after reading the thing about Ghor a page back, I still vote for him. Controlling ice didn't seem as interesting as controlling machines to me.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Eh, how many of them had an appearance outside of one Metroid game (not counting cameos)? It looks like Dark Samus can fit in there, even if it would be a clone of Samus.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Charizard, feel free to stop talking at any time. Just make sure it's soon before the whole board gets annoyed. Dark Samus and Ridley are going up against the winner of this poll.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The polls are usually done between noon and 3 PM. Depends on when Spire shows up. But he also has to work on his sprite shop, so it could be as late as 5 PM before we see a new poll. But again, Spire could show up earlier and we get a noon poll change.

We need someone to vote for Rundas or Spire, I don't want another tie here.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Syluz is the only one who we KNOWS is gonna be in a new Metroid game.

Remember the full ending in Corruption?

DELANO 7 SUCKA! A.K.A. Sylux's airship.
We actually do not know. That ship LOOKS like the Delano 7, and it’s probable, but until the next game comes out, we know nothing. And personally, I’m inclined to hope it’s not. If Sylux keeps recurring I see him as Shadow to the Metroid series. He should’ve stayed in Hunters, messed with that blemish all he wanted, and left the rest of the series alone. In my opinion, NOTHING out of Hunters should leave that game. HORRIBLE Metroid game.

But yeah, I’d be pretty willing to bet that he’s the only one with a chance of reappearing.

Rundas: 3
Spire: 3
Sylux: 2

Rundas and Spire are equal. And after reading the thing about Ghor a page back, I still vote for him. Controlling ice didn't seem as interesting as controlling machines to me.
Well, he can probably control all machines, but we only see him use one, huge, mech. You can look up the battle with him on YouTube. It’s at least 3 times bigger than Samus. It could be shrunk down, but…I’m inclined to believe that it’d be harder to implement him.
Also, Ghor has the plasma beam; fire, basically, in MP3. Fire’s been done a million times before in Smash Bros. Ice, on the other hand, has only been done by the Ice Climbers and Lucas.

That’s my opinion, anyways.

Eh, how many of them had an appearance outside of one Metroid game (not counting cameos)? It looks like Dark Samus can fit in there, even if it would be a clone of Samus.
I'm inclined to agree on that, except Dark Samus could ONLY be a clone of Samus if they TRIED. Dark Samus has no Charge Beam, merely unchargeable Phazon Beams. Dark Samus has no Missiles. Dark Samus has only one function in Morph Ball; Boost Ball. Also, Dark Samus doesn't have the Screw Attack. If Dark Samus is made into a clone, Sakurai is officially stupid AND lazy.
I'd still prefer Ridley, but there's no reason that Dark Samus wouldn't work.

And yeah, as majora already explained, the next poll is the winner of this one vs. Ridley and Dark Samus.
Honestly, the sad thing is, aside from Ridley and Dark Samus, the only options we have are one-time-appearance characters or generic characters.

majora_787

Smash Hero
B: Phazon Shot
B>: Phazon Spread (MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!11!!11!)
BV: Phazon Charge (The morph ball-esque charge attack)
B^: Phazon Meteor

B: Charge Shot
B>: Missile
BV: Morph Ball Bomb
B^: Screw Attack

Only two sets of attacks are even remotely similar. And they're still pretty unique.

And Firus, I have only the fullest intent of making the mech a final smash. I'm sure only one or two attacks would involve his "fire" beam anyway.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Honestly, the sad thing is, aside from Ridley and Dark Samus, the only options we have are one-time-appearance characters or generic characters.
Perhaps we'll be introduced to a new recurring character - perhaps even an ally. I would love to see an allied Chozo; they've always been my favorite species in Metroid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom