• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW SSB4 Character Choice Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I dont think Sonic will get another rep, but I'll vote for Knuckles.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Knuckles was made for fighting, while Shadow is sonic's rival. But, Shadow is essentially the same as sonic unless someone proves me wrong there. My starting vote goes to Knuckles.

Tails: 0
Knuckles: 4
Shadow: 1
WRONG. Read my moveset. Shadow could be a better jumper, terrible traction, slower, and with a completely different moveset. He would fight using Chaos energy and magic.

I seem a bit harsh. I'm just upset that Knuckles is winning.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I dont think Sonic will get another rep, but I'll vote for Knuckles.
Exactly. More assist trophies, more stages, more music, a boss, and more trophies are a possibility; I don't see another rep. If another character was to get it, it would be Knuckles. I would rather see a character who was seemingly built for fighting, rather than a sidekick or a possible clone. (though Shadow definatly does have potential to not be a clone)

Oh, and KIRBEEZ FIRIN HIZ LAZAH!! BUAHHHHH!!!!

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Knuckles was made for fighting, while Shadow is sonic's rival. But, Shadow is essentially the same as sonic unless someone proves me wrong there. My starting vote goes to Knuckles.

Tails: 0
Knuckles: 4
Shadow: 1
Shadow has the speed of Sonic, but is famous for pulling out firearms, riding his motorcycle, and can use chaos energy as a projectile.

I vote for Shadow, in fact, I think he's a better choice than Sonic.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm not entirely sure how it's THAT bad, unless you had an intimate and/ore sexual relationship with that aircraft.
I'm only kidding. ;)

But yeah, turns out I already beat maul-your ship guy in my second file, but was still only at the point where you go to Bryyo Ice, meaning I've a ways to go before Gandrayda. Oh well. :ohwell:

WRONG. Read my moveset. Shadow could be a better jumper, terrible traction, slower, and with a completely different moveset. He would fight using Chaos energy and magic.

I seem a bit harsh. I'm just upset that Knuckles is winning.
Even if Shadow wouldn't be a clone (and despite any potential, they're lazy enough that he would be; it'd make little to no sense, but it would hardly surprise me if they went that route), Shadow is to Sonic as Death is to Life; the end. I despise him. He didn't deserve an AT appearance whilst Knuckles and Tails got a background cameo appearance with SILVER, who ALSO doesn't deserve anything.

You're upset that Knuckles is winning over Shadow? Clearly not a long-time fan of the series.

I'm going to have to vote for Tails. He comes second to Sonic, since he came into the series second. Love Knuckles, but gotta love Tails too. Flight adds potential to his moveset, the Tornado could be FS potential. Or maybe Super Tails...

:laugh: That'd be a riot. Anyone who's ever seen Super Tails should know what I mean...

In any case, I don't think Sonic will get another rep, and would be upset unless they do a Sonic/Tails tag team character, or a Sonic/Tails/Knuckles Sonic Heroes style character, since 3rd party characters shouldn't be too much in the game.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Meh. I say none of them. I don't even feel like giving a reason for this, becuase it should be given that third parties get one character per series.

But, I want Tails as an Assist Trophy. Replace Shadow, pl0x.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Shadow is the only one who wouldn't seem so **** overpowered.

Tails can fly, Knuckles can glide and climb walls...

Shadow has speed, psychic ability, and other redeeming qualities.

My vote for him.

I still hate this thread for the victory of Baby Bros. over Kamek.

I don't care if it is only an "opinion." Burn voters burn.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Tails; he's been there the longest and if you haven't noticed there's generally been a trend when adding new characters to brawl

Protagonist
Protagonist + Sidekick
Protagonist + Sidekick + Villain
Protagonist + Sidekick + Villain + 2nd Sidekick

(Fire Emblem is an exception due to obvious reasons, ZSS counts as a sidekick for Metroid in theory due to no recurring sidekick)

I think it's plain obvious Tails deserves the sidekick position the most. I mean, Knuckles is like a friendly rival, and Shadow could count as a villain rep but that's not till afterwards. If we were adding Sonic reps the order would probably end up being

Sonic
Sonic + Tails
Sonic + Tails + Shadow
Sonic + Tails + Knuckles.

At least following the trend, that is. If we're basing things on pure popularity, among the gamer population then that's clearly a different story. Unfortunately, I don't think popularity = deserving of a spot.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Welcome to my world. That's exactly why I think Leon should have won against Krystal.

Historical importance > Fan importance. That's why Roy was replaced.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Meh. I say none of them. I don't even feel like giving a reason for this, becuase it should be given that third parties get one character per series.

But, I want Tails as an Assist Trophy. Replace Shadow, pl0x.
I vote for none. One character from the Sonic universe is enough.
Um...let me refer to some words of wisdom here.

Please vote on one, despite whether or not you feel that any of them should be in.
He said vote regardless of if you want one of them in or not. Meaning, even if you don't think Sonic deserves another rep (I honestly agree and have been a long-time fan of the series), just choose the one you would want if you had to choose one; the least of three evils, if you will.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
FirustheHedgehog said:
Even if Shadow wouldn't be a clone (and despite any potential, they're lazy enough that he would be; it'd make little to no sense, but it would hardly surprise me if they went that route), Shadow is to Sonic as Death is to Life; the end. I despise him. He didn't deserve an AT appearance whilst Knuckles and Tails got a background cameo appearance with SILVER, who ALSO doesn't deserve anything.

You're upset that Knuckles is winning over Shadow? Clearly not a long-time fan of the series.
No, no. I am a long time fan. But I just happen to like Shadow more than Tails or Knuckles. Maybe if Knuckles didn't seem so stupid in recent appearances I'd vote for him.

I agree Knuckles deserves the spot more than Shadow, and that Silver sucks, but like I said, I just like Shadow better. And are we really basing the characters off of what Nintendo would make them? That hardly seems proper.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
TAILS

Recovery:Tails would have the ability to multi-jump, which in brawl ALOT of characters have. This makes recovering far to easy.
Moveset: moveset would be hard for tails as he rarely fights (only sonic heros and I think that 1 GBA game)
Chances: (this is considering if nintendo soes want to put another sonic rep) 40/100

KNUCKLES

recovery: he can glide and wallcling/jump (all of which we have a shortage of)
Moveset: He would have an easily made moveset as he is a fighter. He would have a moveset revolving around his fists. You could consider him like little mac.
Chances: 30/100

SHADOW

recovery and other things: unlike sonic I think he would be able to wallcling.
Moveset: hard to make moveset. Even if he uses magic and chaos attacks he would still use a lot of rolling moves. He would be similar to how wolf is to fox but with some changed specials.
Chances: 30/100

My vote goes to knuckles with tails right behind. Shadow would be trailling...

Charizard92

Smash Champion
You know, if memory serves me, sonic never really had any punches, nor the ability to call on a spring on command, nor swim.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sonic ALSO never had testicles. So I guess Charizard has a point.

It's up to you to decide what I mean. :laugh:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No, no. I am a long time fan. But I just happen to like Shadow more than Tails or Knuckles. Maybe if Knuckles didn't seem so stupid in recent appearances I'd vote for him.

I agree Knuckles deserves the spot more than Shadow, and that Silver sucks, but like I said, I just like Shadow better. And are we really basing the characters off of what Nintendo would make them? That hardly seems proper.
Well, if you've been a fan since the Genesis games, I'm surprised you'd vote for Shadow over someone who's been there since the beginning. And as for his stupidity, yeah, Sega overdid that. It was a GREAT plot point in Sonic 3/& Knuckles, but now they're using it all of the time, and it's unfair to Knuckles.

As for how we base the characters, it's our opinion. In my personal opinion, I'm not going to vote for someone who's going to become a clone. This is purely hypothetical, but that still affects my vote.

I wouldn't vote for Shadow even if he had the most creative moveset in the world, though. Honestly, I hate that hedgehog. He's the faker.

You know, if memory serves me, sonic never really had any punches, nor the ability to call on a spring on command, nor swim.
If my memory serves me, Samus's Power beam wasn't blue, the Screw Attack was an OHKO, Extremespeed wasn't controllable (Lucario's Up B), Fox/Falco/Wolf never had a reflector, Zelda never fought, Sheik never fought, Rest doesn't do anything more than heal, Kirby can kill people in one hit by simple sucking them in and swallowing, ROB was never playable...I could go on. Point is, just because something's not faithful to the series doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

And actually, Sonic had punches in Sonic Battle.

T

Tyman12

I vote shadow. It would be so awesome if his Final Smash could be chaos control. Chaos blast would probably make him overused.

I love this forum wonder if we could vote on castlevania characters

Spire

III
BRoomer
I still hate this thread for the victory of Baby Bros. over Kamek.
Hehe... I was leaning towards Kamek also. Should have cast a vote myself, but too late.

Um...let me refer to some words of wisdom here.

He said vote regardless of if you want one of them in or not. Meaning, even if you don't think Sonic deserves another rep (I honestly agree and have been a long-time fan of the series), just choose the one you would want if you had to choose one; the least of three evils, if you will.
I appreciate you bumping that. Hopefully it got across.

Anyways, since this poll has been pretty hot and has stirred quite a commotion (as expected), I'll leave it open 'till this evening. I'd really like to see this go on for a few hours more.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I vote shadow. It would be so awesome if his Final Smash could be chaos control. Chaos blast would probably make him overused.

I love this forum wonder if we could vote on castlevania characters
Maybe chaos spears from sonic adventures battle (and sonic adventures battle 2). It would cause spears to lock on to the enemy and the players would try to avoid them. While all thats happening shadow (as much as I hated shadow the hedgehog) would go into either his rage form or good form (making him invincible for a short time.

I dont know, chaos control just seems to unoriginal and with the item timer it would be a waste of a FS.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I appreciate you bumping that. Hopefully it got across.
On that note, I assume although you want us voting even if we don't really like any of the choices, I assume you don't want us voting if we don't really have any background knowledge of the characters. I mean, like I skipped out on the F-Zero poll, because I've never played an FZ game, so I didn't really know the characters' potential as PCs. Same for the Metroid poll.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I needed someone to explain the Metroid Characters to me (along with looking at MP3 youtube videos) to vote there.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Well, if you've been a fan since the Genesis games, I'm surprised you'd vote for Shadow over someone who's been there since the beginning. And as for his stupidity, yeah, Sega overdid that. It was a GREAT plot point in Sonic 3/& Knuckles, but now they're using it all of the time, and it's unfair to Knuckles.

As for how we base the characters, it's our opinion. In my personal opinion, I'm not going to vote for someone who's going to become a clone. This is purely hypothetical, but that still affects my vote.

I wouldn't vote for Shadow even if he had the most creative moveset in the world, though. Honestly, I hate that hedgehog. He's the faker.
Lol. Yeah, many people like to stay true to the good old classic characters, but still, I like Shadow more than Knuckles. I'd never even heard of an echidna. But anyway, it's purely an opinion, so it doesn't matter that much.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Tails: 2
Knuckles: 6
Shadow: 4

Looks like Knuckles is our winner. ^^ Lol, I still think since Shadow is similar to sonic, nintendo would make him a clone, if not a luigiclone.

Spire

III
BRoomer
On that note, I assume although you want us voting even if we don't really like any of the choices, I assume you don't want us voting if we don't really have any background knowledge of the characters. I mean, like I skipped out on the F-Zero poll, because I've never played an FZ game, so I didn't really know the characters' potential as PCs. Same for the Metroid poll.
Yes, but since you pointed it out, I should add that to the OP. I appreciate it SirKibble.

Alright though, so after counting it up, I got slightly more results than majora_787, but the ratios are pretty much the same.

Tails = 3 votes
Knuckles = 8 votes
Shadow = 6 votes

And the winner is Knuckles! Poll is now closed. I'll get to updating the OP soon.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I would like to see an in-general third party war. Like a Castelvania rep vs. Megaman vs. *insert third party of choice here*

Just a suggestion for a future poll.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I just realized that so far there hasn't been a Pokemon battle here. Maybe we can have one of those. After all, there is Mewtwo's return, along with Deoxys and Darkrai along with several other smaller legendaries alone.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I just realized that so far there hasn't been a Pokemon battle here. Maybe we can have one of those. After all, there is Mewtwo's return, along with Deoxys and Darkrai along with several other smaller legendaries alone.
Agreed. However, I like both Mewtwo AND Deoxys... I can't pick ONE :(

majora_787

Smash Hero
The third party poll won't have a castlevania rep. But the Deoxys vs Mewtwo one could be a possibility. :lick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom