• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW SSB4 Character Choice Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The thing is, clones are bad.
Luigified clones are okay, especially if they're from the same series, i.e. Fox and Falco.

ASSUMED clones, like Ganrayda(?) being a clone of kirby, is just disgusting. But that's beside the point.

Dark Samus would be too far from Samus to be a luigified clone, because Dark Samus would need to have a moveset based off physics similar to Mewtwo. No explosives, just phazon projectiles, charges, and maybe some punches in there somewhere.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
So is Wolf, but certain standard attacks would be similar to Samus (Dark Samus is a carbon copy of Samus' power suit after all). The Standard attacks may look similar to exemplify this.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Dark Samus is the Mother Brain taking the form of Samus's phazon suit. Thusly, *it* would have different standard attacks for the most part to go with different physics and a different frame.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Perhaps we'll be introduced to a new recurring character - perhaps even an ally. I would love to see an allied Chozo; they've always been my favorite species in Metroid.
NO! NO ALLIES!! Samus only! /total flip out moment

I still hold that it should be Super Metroid style, with Samus as the main character, an underlying story that involves other people, she can even see the dead corpses on the ground (or corpses of other bounty hunters...), but not meeting any live allies. The GF shouldn't even be present there. Unless they're zombies. But the Ing are gone, so I'd expect nothing more from them.

In any case, I've always liked the Chozo as well, but I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing any of them anyways. If I recall correctly, the Chozo are dead. Unless we want one of those Chozo Ghosts to become our ally. :laugh: Now that would be hokey to the extreme.

B: Phazon Shot
B>: Phazon Spread (MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!11!!11!)
BV: Phazon Charge (The morph ball-esque charge attack)
B^: Phazon Meteor

B: Charge Shot
B>: Missile
BV: Morph Ball Bomb
B^: Screw Attack

Only two sets of attacks are even remotely similar. And they're still pretty unique.

And Firus, I have only the fullest intent of making the mech a final smash. I'm sure only one or two attacks would involve his "fire" beam anyway.
The problem is that Ghor does nothing outside of the mech. He talks, that's it. Everything else would be made up. And you know what happens when movesets are made up...they're usually cloned if they can be.

The thing is, clones are bad.
Luigified clones are okay, especially if they're from the same series, i.e. Fox and Falco.

ASSUMED clones, like Ganrayda(?) being a clone of kirby, is just disgusting. But that's beside the point.

Dark Samus would be too far from Samus to be a luigified clone, because Dark Samus would need to have a moveset based off physics similar to Mewtwo. No explosives, just phazon projectiles, charges, and maybe some punches in there somewhere.
Gandrayda has the ability to transform into other people. That's her one and only ability. Well, except for doing flips and grabbing you. (No joke, during the fight she jumps onto you and you have to shake the Wiimote to get her off.) But yeah, I think I heard one person say that at one point, that she'd be a clone. How? No clue.

Dark Samus would make no sense to even be a luigified clone, but I wouldn't put it past them to do so. But yeah, the people saying Samus and Dark Samus would be clones are just ignorant. You want to hear the funniest example of an idiot ever? I saw this on the NSider Forums, before they shut it down. *Glares at Nintendo*

Dark Samus is the Mother Brain
AGH! No.

Dark Samus is the METROID PRIME. Mother Brain is Metroid/Super Metroid only.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sorry, I always want to call Metroid Prime "Mother Brain". It's a bad habit I know.

Ghor: 2
Rundas: 4
Spire: 3
Sylux: 2

Aww.....

Spire

III
BRoomer
This has been a slow poll. I think I'll let it run a little later today just so we can get some more votes in.

majora_787

Smash Hero
That, and we have a tie. We should probably get a winner before we end it.

*Ghor ftw* lol.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ghor: 2 |
Rundas: 4 |
Spire: 3 |
Sylux: 2 |
========

...I still prefer Ghor. We don't have anyone with mechanics manipulation. :bee:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ghor: 2 |
Rundas: 4 |
Spire: 3 |
Sylux: 2 |
========

...I still prefer Ghor. We don't have anyone with mechanics manipulation. :bee:
That's true, but I'm still vindictive about him mauling my ship. Seriously, go on YouTube and find a video of the first run through Skytown and find the part where you head back to your ship. He is ON TOP OF IT, beating the crap out of it.

Not to mention he screwed things up so you had to go back and fight him before you could talk to the AU.

Godforsaken robot.

Yeah, I'm totally spoiling everything about MP3. Sorry.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You didn't spoil that much. You totally left out the part about
...Yeah right...I wouldn't tell you something that important. Go get the game and play it yourself you lazy *******s. XD

Anyway, this would give you a chance to get him back for destroying the ship. And yes I did see the video, he proceeded to chuck it at samus's face.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You didn't spoil that much. You totally left out the part about
...Yeah right...I wouldn't tell you something that important. Go get the game and play it yourself you lazy *******s. XD

Anyway, this would give you a chance to get him back for destroying the ship. And yes I did see the video, he proceeded to chuck it at samus's face.
Wait, what part; do you mean the part where
He's right you know; go and pick up the game. DO IT. NOW.

Yeah. Stupid robot. "Soon EVERYTHING will be corrupted around here. Including you!" says the guy who
I'm still not telling you anything.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Good, cuz I haven't bought the game yet either. Anyway, Ghor would be a nice unique character to have. Rundas would be okay I guess, but Lucas and Ice Climbers already use ice. Nobody manipulates tech yet. ^^

The robot suit would be a cool FS, and some people would love to slit his face. Everyone wins.

EDIT: Oh, also, if you don't vote for Ghor, he'll destroy your ship every time you turn the game on and go to skytown.

not jokin beeches :D

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Good, cuz I haven't bought the game yet either. Anyway, Ghor would be a nice unique character to have. Rundas would be okay I guess, but Lucas and Ice Climbers already use ice. Nobody manipulates tech yet. ^^

The robot suit would be a cool FS, and some people would love to slit his face. Everyone wins.

EDIT: Oh, also, if you don't vote for Ghor, he'll destroy your ship every time you turn the game on and go to skytown.

not jokin beeches :D
Ghor could be unique, but they'd have to take everything about him vaguely from MP3 and the rest would be made up. Which could end badly.

Even though it would be nice to beat the living daylights out of him for attacking my ship, I still wouldn't like him in the game...

Besides, I'm not voting for Rundas. I'm voting for Spire. ;)

But...but...but...NOOO!!!!! MY SHIP!!

Subliminal messages for the win.

majora_787

Smash Hero

Uhh.....go buy it now? XD nice nice.

I like supliminal messages too, they make people cry. But I still say Ghor should be in. Of course it COULD end badly, but there's not a lot of options for him to be a clone of. Samus? no. ROB? Of course not. Who could he POSSIBLY be a clone of? Captain Falcon? *Tries imagining GHOR PAUNCH!!!!!!1!1* ...No. Just no.

Dual subliminal message ftw.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Well, unfortunately, there are three reasons why I'm skipping to MP3

1: not sure if 1 & 2 are still on the shelves (The Gamecube died people)
2: Not use to the Gamecube controller (playing Wii for over a year knocks out most of your ability to use a normal controller)
3: There is Wikipedia (this is how I know about most series I don't play, like Legend of Zelda and Starfox)

Pun was intentional.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Uhh.....go buy it now? XD nice nice.

I like supliminal messages too, they make people cry. But I still say Ghor should be in. Of course it COULD end badly, but there's not a lot of options for him to be a clone of. Samus? no. ROB? Of course not. Who could he POSSIBLY be a clone of? Captain Falcon? *Tries imagining GHOR PAUNCH!!!!!!1!1* ...No. Just no.

Dual subliminal message ftw.
Yup, that was it.

Buy MP1
Ghor ftw!!!!

Ghor is easily POSSIBLE to be in, he might even be able to get in without being a clone. But don't you think there's a chance that a Metroid character with a lack of a solid moveset will be at least a partial Samus clone? Plus, I just prefer Spire or Rundas. Rundas was actually nice to you in the game. Ghor kind of sort of saved you once. But he wasn't incredibly nice about it. His battle had bad music (whilst Rundas's and Gandrayda's had epic music) and it wasn't fun (whilst the other two's were).

Whoa. Just came up with an idea to insert multiple MP3 characters with only 1 slot. You ready for this?

Gandrayda

Down + B: Transform

Gandrayda changes herself into another character. It goes in this order; Gandrayda, Rundas, Ghor, Dark Samus. You can, just like with any other character, start out as any character you wish. There could be some method, holding a specific button for each character, or selecting them behind Gandrayda like you do with PT. If you choose someone else, then at the start of the battle, Gandrayda appears and transforms into them.

Standard B: Phazon beam

NOTE: All of the characters you transform into would have this attack, but it would vary slightly for each one. A standard, non-chargeable, shot. Rapid-fire capabilities would be similar to Wolf's blaster. Minimal damage and knockback for Gandrayda.

Smash B: Grab

This would not be like a standard grab; it would be similar to Diddy's Smash B. You'd do a jump sideways, and then if you hit someone, you grab onto them and can press A to do damage while you are like this. The opponent must mash buttons to get you off. If the person is passing another person while you're on them, you can press Z to switch people.

Up + B: Flip Jump

This would be similar to Zero Suit Samus's Flip Jump, but it would be a little more acrobatic. If you want to see what this would be similar to, watch the battle against Gandrayda.

Final Smash: Berserker Lord Transformation

Gandrayda would transform into the mini boss, Berserker Lord. He would be approximately Landmaster size, and would be able to attack phsyically with its claws and shoot Phazon from its mouth. Gandrayda would be temporarily invincible while the Berserker Lord.

The movesets for the other 3, I haven't come up with. That can be other people's jobs. But tell me what you guys think about this idea. I personally like the idea, because I made it totally and completely true to the game. During the battle with Gandrayda, she transformed into all of these characters.

Hah, TRIPLE subliminal message. And I didn't even use the character idea segment.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Understood, but at least the general basis is still there. Sorry though.

can you actually post the video?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yup, that was it.

Buy MP1
Ghor ftw!!!!

Ghor is easily POSSIBLE to be in, he might even be able to get in without being a clone. But don't you think there's a chance that a Metroid character with a lack of a solid moveset will be at least a partial Samus clone? Plus, I just prefer Spire or Rundas. Rundas was actually nice to you in the game. Ghor kind of sort of saved you once. But he wasn't incredibly nice about it. His battle had bad music (whilst Rundas's and Gandrayda's had epic music) and it wasn't fun (whilst the other two's were).

Whoa. Just came up with an idea to insert multiple MP3 characters with only 1 slot. You ready for this?

Gandrayda

Down + B: Transform

Gandrayda changes herself into another character. It goes in this order; Gandrayda, Rundas, Ghor, Dark Samus. You can, just like with any other character, start out as any character you wish. There could be some method, holding a specific button for each character, or selecting them behind Gandrayda like you do with PT. If you choose someone else, then at the start of the battle, Gandrayda appears and transforms into them.

Standard B: Phazon beam

NOTE: All of the characters you transform into would have this attack, but it would vary slightly for each one. A standard, non-chargeable, shot. Rapid-fire capabilities would be similar to Wolf's blaster. Minimal damage and knockback for Gandrayda.

Smash B: Grab

This would not be like a standard grab; it would be similar to Diddy's Smash B. You'd do a jump sideways, and then if you hit someone, you grab onto them and can press A to do damage while you are like this. The opponent must mash buttons to get you off. If the person is passing another person while you're on them, you can press Z to switch people.

Up + B: Flip Jump

This would be similar to Zero Suit Samus's Flip Jump, but it would be a little more acrobatic. If you want to see what this would be similar to, watch the battle against Gandrayda.

Final Smash: Berserker Lord Transformation

Gandrayda would transform into the mini boss, Berserker Lord. He would be approximately Landmaster size, and would be able to attack phsyically with its claws and shoot Phazon from its mouth. Gandrayda would be temporarily invincible while the Berserker Lord.

The movesets for the other 3, I haven't come up with. That can be other people's jobs. But tell me what you guys think about this idea. I personally like the idea, because I made it totally and completely true to the game. During the battle with Gandrayda, she transformed into all of these characters.

Hah, TRIPLE subliminal message. And I didn't even use the character idea segment.
Ghor ftl
orly
I have mp1

I still say Ghor is awesome.

majora_787

Smash Hero
What IS Gandrayda anyway? She can take the form of bosses, Rundas and Ghor apparently.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What IS Gandrayda anyway? She can take the form of bosses, Rundas and Ghor apparently.

Some sort of species that can transform into what she wishes.

...Man, seeing that video really makes me want to fight her again. That was a fun battle. CURSE YOU, CREATORS OF MP3, FOR NOT GIVING ME AN EASY WAY TO DO THAT!

I remember I have a second game of MP3 started, but I can't remember where I was. But I'll bet anything that at the furthest, I'm at Skytown. Wonder if I've fought maul-your-ship guy yet...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Every time you insult Ghor, he mauls your ship with a dog and its firstborn. ._.
Hey, until you and your ship have been scarred for life, don't talk. You don't understand what he put me through.

...What?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm not entirely sure how it's THAT bad, unless you had an intimate and/ore sexual relationship with that aircraft.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Alright, so Rundas stole the last round by 2 votes from Spire, after a neck-and-neck duel between the two left Ghor and Sylux in their dust.

Now for the new round. These characters have been demanded by many, and despite whether or not I want any of them, I decided to be fair and include them. Hold your horses before you flame away...

Tails vs. Knuckles vs. Shadow. Have fun arguing!

majora_787

Smash Hero
Knuckles was made for fighting, while Shadow is sonic's rival. But, Shadow is essentially the same as sonic unless someone proves me wrong there. My starting vote goes to Knuckles.

Tails: 0
Knuckles: 4
Shadow: 1

Charizard92

Smash Champion
... You know what, I don't like the series as much so I'll have to flip a coin on the first two, ... heads, Knuckles wins my vote.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I don't think any more sonic characters should be in, but if I were to choose, I'll go with shadow.

Mainly because nobody else will vote for him, and he'd most likely be a clone, so they won't have to work too hard on him.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Shadow so f*cking wins this. He wouldn't be a clone, I've made a complete non-clone moveset for him. Check it out at Make Your Move 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom