• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW SSB4 Character Choice Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Don't need more toons. Is this Midna in her imp form? It better be.

Midna.
Nah thats *SPOILERS*
Twilight Princess Midna
/End *SPOILERS*

@Firus, Mask Link is from Majora's Mask (Wait... you've only gotten past the first two dungeons in Ocarina? What kind of gamer are you? Thats Ocarina!!!! Ocarina!!!!!!!!!)

Anyway, Mask Link would be a young link that uses himself plus the 4 transformation masks from Majora's Mask to fight, his down-B making him transform from Deku Link to Goron Link to Zora Link, all would have very different and original moves.

And his final smash would transform him into the unbelievably powerful Fierce-Diety Link, who one could use to own the bosses after collecting all 20 non-transformation masks in Majora's Mask.

But seriously, go beat Ocarina! It's an urgent matter!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Toon Zelda. Really just because I'm not a big fan of any of the others.

Especially not Tingle.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Meh. If we add Hunters in for a poll, there better be a mix of ones from MPH and MP3. I'd take Ridley over any of them any day, but MP3's were better in my opinion. We should at least include one, like Rundas, who's the most likely. If we add in Gandrayda, you know people will scream "KIRBY CLONE!" because she can copy other people, and because people also think that Megaman would end up being a Samus Clone...then again, their paranoia is probably justified, and I'm not one to talk anyways since I'm pretty paranoid about clone-ifying myself.

In any case, a 2-part is smart. (I'm a poet and I didn't know it!)
My personal choices would be Rundas, Spire, and Sylux (because even though I don't really like him, that ship at the end of MP3 was probably his, and Sylux is uber popular) for first round. But that's just my opinion.

Um...don't kill me for this, but who the heck is Mask Link? I take it he's from Ocarina of Time, and uh...yeah, I've gotten through the first two dungeons.

Also, for a Fire Emblem poll, we should have a lance user in there as well. A Lance could be a creative new weapon to use, and there should be at least one lance user in the poll. Ephraim comes to mind, but since I get the impression a lot of people didn't like FESS, even though I loved it to death, we can use someone else. I just think a lance user would be good.

As for my vote...Midna, I don't think so. In her human form, she has practically no moveset potential, so she'll end up being another Zelda where they made everything up. As much as we need another female rep, I don't think Midna should be it.
Tingle is just...no. He's a creepy old guy who thinks he's a fairy. He's plucky comic relief. He can stay an Assist Trophy or be a background guy like in Melee. I'm sure just because I'm saying this he'll get in the next Smash Bros (I thought Wind Waker Link, which is basically what we got, was incredibly ridiculous...oops.), but he should not be playable. I'm with Spire, I would never have thought there's almost 40 pages of a Tingle Support thread.
Toon Zelda/Tetra, as I said, I thought Toon Link was a bad concept. I'm going to agree here. Plus, since it's another transformation, this screams clone to me. Because again, there's no moveset potential so they'll have to make it all up, and if you're making something up, it's probably easiest to take the made up movesets there already are.

So yeah, as much as he bugs me intensely, I'm going to have to vote for Skull Kid. But if his puppets appear in the game, I'll be really disturbed. Clowns, puppets, dolls...all that sort of stuff bugs me to no end.
I'd prefer Ghor over Rundas, but Rundas is probably more popular. But Trace would deffinatly be a must-have for a metroid poll, since aside from Ridley and Dark Samus, the hunters are the only characters people want for metroid.

Skull Kid - 8
Toon Zelda/Tetra - 3
Midna - 2
Tingle - 4

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Ugh...Leon tied with Krystal and Baby Mario Bros?
Sickening.

For this one, Skull Kid wins.

Midna is cool, but doesn't hold enough weight yet. Tingle is ********, and we already have a Zelda.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ugh...Leon tied with Krystal and Baby Mario Bros?
Sickening.

For this one, Skull Kid wins.

Midna is cool, but doesn't hold enough weight yet. Tingle is ********, and we already have a Zelda.
qft. And I know what you mean, Leon should have won and Kamek has IMO a cooler moveset possibility, now that I've seen one.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Midna with Wolf Link would get my vote. Midna alone and in her human state will not.

With her eliminated I must pick Tingle for another humorous character. He has plenty of random effects in his arsenal.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
skull kid gets my vote

as bowserlick above me had said, i would take midna with wolf link, but thats not in this voting

i dont need a zelda clone and tingle, just no

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
Gah... How did Kamek not win? Or Krystal? Meh.

Tingle. He's been (almost?) consistent in his appearances in the Zelda franchise, so he holds some weight. Plus, he seems like he would be fun to use. (Though I admit, I can't vote for Skull Kid because I have no idea who he is...)

majora_787

Smash Hero

Tingle. He's been (almost?) consistent in his appearances in the Zelda franchise, so he holds some weight. Plus, he seems like he would be fun to use. (Though I admit, I can't vote for Skull Kid because I have no idea who he is...)
Some people didn't vote for kamek because they didn't know of a good moveset so they went with BMB, who would be the only other possible option. Krystal didn't win because there are people who are way more important and way older who are just as popular. And don't get me started on the movesets.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Some people didn't vote for kamek because they didn't know of a good moveset so they went with BMB, who would be the only other possible option. Krystal didn't win because there are people who are way more important and way older who are just as popular. And don't get me started on the movesets.
Did you just imply that Leon is more important to the series than Krystal? I would have to ask why.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Krystal has been an important member of star fox for two games, three if you honestly think she was that useful in assault. And she was an important member of starwolf for only one. Leon has been an important rival of Falco since starwolf was introduced, and is, in turn, just as important as falco. Just like wolf is as important as fox.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Krystal has been an important member of star fox for two games, three if you honestly think she was that useful in assault. And she was an important member of starwolf for only one. Leon has been an important rival of Falco since starwolf was introduced, and is, in turn, just as important as falco. Just like wolf is as important as fox.
What has Leon done, specifically?

And you shouldn't mention Falco's importance if you don't even know how my support stands for his addition. Regardless of that, he's been in the spotlight more than Leon has.

Plus, even though you've harped on it before, Krystal owns Leon in terms of a uniquely-styled moveset. (That is, of course, if she is given her staff. If she is not, I retract from this argument completely.) I've read the proposed ones. Half seem like clones, and the other half is either unbased and broken and/or still heavily styled in the conventional spacie formula. A clone of a clone isn't a true clone of the original, but the style is very similar.

majora_787

Smash Hero
So if we give everybody a stick, they automatically become unique? Oh really? Not sure if you had seen the movesets given for Leon. They were deffinatly more unique than ANOTHER fox with a stick. And if you know what Wolf has done, then you know EXACTLY what Leon's done.

If you do not know what WOLF has done, then you have obviously been playing starfox games just to stare at krystal. Which is heavy bias, and makes your side of the argument look even weaker.

Spire

III
BRoomer

How would you know that Tingle has been consistent in the Zelda franchise if you've never played the game that he originated from - Majora's Mask - which just so happens to be the game that Skull Kid gained his fame.

Exactly. Fox : Wolf :: Falco : Leon. Been like that forever.

What has Leon done, specifically?

And you shouldn't mention Falco's importance if you don't even know how my support stands for his addition. Regardless of that, he's been in the spotlight more than Leon has.

Plus, even though you've harped on it before, Krystal owns Leon in terms of a uniquely-styled moveset. (That is, of course, if she is given her staff. If she is not, I retract from this argument completely.) I've read the proposed ones. Half seem like clones, and the other half is either unbased and broken and/or still heavily styled in the conventional spacie formula. A clone of a clone isn't a true clone of the original, but the style is very similar.
Odds are, seeing as how characters are generally based off of their most recent appearances/movesets, I don't think Krystal may get her staff if included. That staff is unique only to the planet that Star Fox Adventures was based on - as it's related to the Krozoa palace and what not. She's no longer connected to that planet and no longer wields that staff. If she's included, she's going to be "heavily style in the conventional spacie formula," and given her appearance and shape, she's going to be similar to Fox. Leon, however, would be very, very different. We've posted some movesets, but who's to say he's broken? We aren't. You aren't. He's not even in the game. Those were mere ideas, but generally accurate ideas regarding his physique, behavior, and his profession - an assassin.

majora_787

Smash Hero
How would you know that Tingle has been consistent in the Zelda franchise if you've never played the game that he originated from - Majora's Mask - which just so happens to be the game that Skull Kid gained his fame.

Exactly. Fox : Wolf :: Falco : Leon. Been like that forever.

Odds are, seeing as how characters are generally based off of their most recent appearances/movesets, I don't think Krystal may get her staff if included. That staff is unique only to the planet that Star Fox Adventures was based on - as it's related to the Krozoa palace and what not. She's no longer connected to that planet and no longer wields that staff. If she's included, she's going to be "heavily style in the conventional spacie formula," and given her appearance and shape, she's going to be similar to Fox. Leon, however, would be very, very different. We've posted some movesets, but who's to say he's broken? We aren't. You aren't. He's not even in the game. Those were mere ideas, but generally accurate ideas regarding his physique, behavior, and his profession - an assassin.
An assassin in STARWOLF, no less, which tends to cause side effects ranging from becoming badass, to becoming heavily quoted throughout your life. And technically, Skull Kid originated in Ocarina of Time. He was in the mask sidequest. He was the guy you tought Saria's Song to. However, he did not become important until Majora's Mask, where he APPEARED to be the game's main antagonist until the very end.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
So if we give everybody a stick, they automatically become unique? Oh really? Not sure if you had seen the movesets given for Leon. They were deffinatly more unique than ANOTHER fox with a stick. And if you know what Wolf has done, then you know EXACTLY what Leon's done.

If you do not know what WOLF has done, then you have obviously been playing starfox games just to stare at krystal. Which is heavy bias, and makes your side of the argument look even weaker.
Well, yes...
If no one else wields a quarterstaff, then a quarterstaff-weilding character has a pretty good shot at being unique, right?

I saw the ones for Leon. Similar blasters, >B Dashes, and reflectors all fail, as three other characters have them all. The first invisibility suggestion was broken, while the second I thought was pretty useless. Plus, he still has "Spacie style" written all over him.

But more importantly...

I'll admit that I'm not the most hardcore StarFox fan around. Thus, I don't know every action taken by every character. That's why I'm asking you. Prove me wrong. By claiming that something does exist (Leon's actions that make him important), you have the burden of proof. The claim that I've only played StarFox for Krystal (besides being incorrect) is also moot, because it does not make Leon any more important to the series.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay biohazard. I'll humor you. We'll make the next starfox game with NO starwolf, NO andross, krystal being the main character. Well? Now the antagonists are gone and the game is no longer fun. Without StarWolf, StarFox would not be what it is today. Krystal had no part in introducing StarWolf, other than helping introduce Panther. And all she did for StarFox was be the first person to join while not wearing pants. She was vitally important in one game, and was about as important as Panther in the others.

The reflectors were pqart of a recovery move. Invisibility is not broken if you cannot move, attack, or do anything else while using it. It's even less broken if we had starting and ending lag. Also, there would be two choices. A blaster that would closely resemble Lucario's Aura Sphere, or a Mine attack.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
I think SSB4 is far enough in the future (if at all), that I can assume a certain avenue for her character (Staff). And if not, I've already provided a disclaimer, making everything I've said on the matter for nought.

And for movesets... Half were decently influenced by the existing spacies. The others, admittedly, were not, and that's good. However, I did not find a whole moveset that I really liked. I have not yet been able to bring myself to believe Leon could be more easily differentiated from the spacies than Krystal. I can't bring myself to believe that Leon's moveset would be more influenced by his game appearances than Krystal. Of course, this is all second to (by a little bit) importance to the series.

Though, as I've said, SSB4 is way off, so there's really little point to being with. I agree to disagree with the moveset idea.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Okay biohazard. I'll humor you. We'll make the next starfox game with NO starwolf, NO andross, krystal being the main character. Well? Now the antagonists are gone and the game is no longer fun. Without StarWolf, StarFox would not be what it is today. Krystal had no part in introducing StarWolf, other than helping introduce Panther. And all she did for StarFox was be the first person to join while not wearing pants. She was vitally important in one game, and was about as important as Panther in the others.

The reflectors were pqart of a recovery move. Invisibility is not broken if you cannot move, attack, or do anything else while using it. It's even less broken if we had starting and ending lag. Also, there would be two choices. A blaster that would closely resemble Lucario's Aura Sphere, or a Mine attack.
Well, if that's the case with the invisibility, it seems to have gone from broken to useless.
But furthermore, if you'll see my last post, I've agreed to disagree about movesets.

And you didn't prove Leon's importance at all. I'm still waiting for specific evidence.

Suck. Double post. Sorry.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Biohazard, I choose to look at it this way. If SSB4 is anything like Brawl, we will get at most four characters per series. With Fox, Falco, and Wolf, there are two options.

Complete the analogy. Add Leon, so the good guy to bad guy ratio is even.

OR listen to the fanboys/modernists of the world and add Krystal. Sure she will be in StarWolf, but she would still be krystal. She would still be Fox's ex and just be like giving another space on the rosrer to Fox's rivals while Falco sits in the basement and cries himself to sleep. I can only hope they even the ratio.

Specific evidence. How did Wolf become important? He revealed himself as an antagonist in StarFox that had known Fox's father. Okay, great.

Leon Powalski, Andrew Oikonny, and Pigma Dengar all worked with Wolf, so it's obvious that all of them would know James McCloud, especially Pigma. However, Oikonny and Pigma are not recurring antagonists like Wolf and Leon.

KRYSTAL appeared as a vitally important character in StarFox Adventures. She joined StarFox for StarFox Assault, where she was, as far as I have been told by people who've played the game, significantly less important. She joined StarWolf for SF Command, and became more important again, but only to a point between Adventures and Assault.

Leon Powalski is deffinatly more historically important to the series.

Skull Kid - 8
Toon Zelda/Tetra - 3
Midna - 2
Tingle - 4

Sorry, gotta keep this on the last page so I can update it.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Biohazard, I choose to look at it this way. If SSB4 is anything like Brawl, we will get at most four characters per series. With Fox, Falco, and Wolf, there are two options.

Complete the analogy. Add Leon, so the good guy to bad guy ratio is even.

OR listen to the fanboys/modernists of the world and add Krystal. Sure she will be in StarWolf, but she would still be krystal. She would still be Fox's ex and just be like giving another space on the rosrer to Fox's rivals while Falco sits in the basement and cries himself to sleep. I can only hope they even the ratio.
Well, sure, when you look at it in that very constrained sense, it works. I guess. To be honest, I'd rather not complete the analogy at all, but this is a choice battle.

I still say the most important thing is (over moveset and good/bad ratios) importance to the series. Nothing else you bring up can trump that and until it's proven that Leon's importance is even comparable to Krystal's, I'll choose Krystal. :-/

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, sure, when you look at it in that very constrained sense, it works. I guess. To be honest, I'd rather not complete the analogy at all, but this is a choice battle.

I still say the most important thing is (over moveset and good/bad ratios) importance to the series. Nothing else you bring up can trump that and until it's proven that Leon's importance is even comparable to Krystal's, I'll choose Krystal. :-/
I edited the post. I will admit that your argument is better than most I've heard, and I give you credit for that. =/ Usually all I get is "The staff makes her unique, she's unique, she's beter than fox, [Insert random flaming here."

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
I edited the post. I will admit that your argument is better than most I've heard, and I give you credit for that. =/ Usually all I get is "The staff makes her unique, she's unique, she's beter than fox, [Insert random flaming here."
Hmm, I think I see what you're getting at now. And this is a difference between historical importance and a different sort of importance, a "popular" importance, one that plays to the face of the games.

Now, I think that the importance that is vital to SSB is more of the "face value" kind. Then again, it's hard to say, exactly. I mean, ROB's inclusion is solely on historical importance, while, say, Lucario's is pretty "face value." Then again (again), you have characters like Skull Kid who play small, vital roles (similar to Leon in concept) that are not included.

I think this rides on a further division that I hadn't seen clearly until now.
Thus, with this last edit, I've also gained some insight. I don't see Leon quite as bad anymore.

However, I'll still have to support Krystal for her much larger "face value" importance (on which I feel SSB primarily runs) and, although less so, for the moveset reason.

Good talk.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You are a very worthy adversary, and I look forward to doing this again. I just hope it isn't today or tomorrow, big arguments take a lot out of me. Okay Skull Kid has this poll won unless a bunch of people show up soon before Spire comes back with a new idea.

Skull Kid is ahead with 8 votes.
Tingle is wanted half as much so far with 4 votes.
Toon Zelda and Tetra are a vote behind, with 3.
Humanoid Midna is in last place with 2 votes. Seems imp Midna is one thing, human Midna is another.

I'll post my SkullKid moveset in a second just for the hell of it.

^B: Piano Strings
Skull Kid does a tether recovery with some of his puppet strings. It makes an arc in the direction he was facing when he used the move. On ground he releases the strings in a fan-spread upwards, pulling people toward him.

<B: Puppet
Similar to snake's missile. Skull kid plays his horn and a puppet appears next to him. He controls the puppet, which has its own A button moveset, but it cannot move too far away from Skull Kid or it falls apart and SkullKid becomes vulnerable. You press shield to drop control of the puppet, and you can pick it up and carry it to another location and reuse it in another spot. Skull Kid can use another Skull Kid's puppet, just like Wario. Skull Kid is always vulnerable during this attack as well, and the puppet has no ranged attacks. It does, however, save him from a potential knockout if he has high damage and gets knocked out of control.

VB: Forest Siren
Skull Kid plays his horn and a small bubble of sound forms around him. This is the exact opposite of a reflector that Fox uses, as direct attacks will cause damage to the attacker. However, throwing a projectile at Skull Kid during this attack will disrupt and damage him.

B: Trumpet
Skull Kid blows on his trumpet and makes a small shockwave go forward. It's similar to Zamus's paralyzer, in the sense that it goes forward and stuns whoever it hits. It also has short range and does little damage. It can be charged.

Final Smash: Swamp Fog / Purple Mist
The screen gets covered in purple mist for about 15-20 seconds. Everyone becomes invisible except for their tag, and Skull Kid is invincible. However, opponents in the mist don't fly as far and fall more slowly due do the density of the fog. After the time is up, the fog fades and everyone is visible and vulnerable again. So it doesn't do anything for him other than buy him some time on racking up damage. The mist also makes explosives duds.
If anybody has better names for the attacks, I'm listening.

smashbot226

Smash Master
*Phew* I thought this was gonna be a flame war...

Good thing you two gentlemen got that out of the way...

Personally, either one is good with me, although Krystal DOES take a backseat to the lovely Leon...

majora_787

Smash Hero
*Phew* I thought this was gonna be a flame war...

Good thing you two gentlemen got that out of the way...

Personally, either one is good with me, although Krystal DOES take a backseat to the lovely Leon...
Actually smashbot, that argument went so smoothly it was almost FUN. Totally unlike Newgrounds :laugh:

Skull Kid? 8 Votes.
Tingle? 4 Votes.
Toon Zelda and Tetra? 4 Votes, 2 apiece I suppose.
Midna? 2 Votes.

I think we're done here. <_<

Spire

III
BRoomer
Actually smashbot, that argument went so smoothly it was almost FUN. Totally unlike Newgrounds :laugh:

Skull Kid? 8 Votes.
Tingle? 4 Votes.
Midna? 2 Votes.

Yeah we're done. No more votes after this post, even if a hundred come in. I'll get to fixing up the OP now for the next poll.

Also, I thoroughly enjoyed reading that Leon vs. Krystal argument above. Nicely corroborated guys.

EDIT: The new battle is up, and it's epic. Bring your forks and knives!

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice

Skull Kid? 8 Votes.
Tingle? 4 Votes.
Midna? 2 Votes.

Indeed. I wasn't sure it was possible to have an argument end in a civil manner.
Again, nicely done.

But for the Hunters poll, I'll have to say Spire. I've never played Hunters, but Spire seems...really cool.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sounds like a good list for the pre-finals Metroid poll. I've always liked Spire (not because of the name) because he reminds me of a Goron.

As for Mask Link, they are referring to the Link in Majora's Mask - where he uses masks to transform.

As for moveset potential for Toon Link, they had A TON of new, and entirely different things that they could have done - Bow B; Skull Hammer <B>; Deku Leaf ^B; Iron Boots vB; Grappling Hook as tether/grab; Wind Waker blows crazy wind everywhere for Final Smash. Man, he could have been really neat. Oh well, clones are always for the best!
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. :) I've always liked Spire as well; he used to be my second favorite with Sylux first, and then at some point I realized that Hunters failed as a Metroid game and...ah, now I remember! I realized that Shadow had been the beginning of the end for Sonic--once he came back, it really messed with the franchise. Especially his game. When I realized that Sylux had a perfect setup for the same thing (even before MP3, he had his own ship and even had a special cutscene of his ship flying overhead in MPH), I started hating him because I don't want the same thing to happen to Metroid. Even if it wouldn't ruin the franchise, the moment Sylux gets his own game it's not Metroid anymore. Metroid is Samus and only Samus. Other characters are allowed, but they shouldn't be playable except in a spinoff occasionally. So yeah, now Spire's probably my favorite now.

As for Mask Link...I could've sworn I heard someone say something about him and Ocarina of Time...maybe I misread it or something. I would've assumed it was Majora's Mask if not for that, although the same thing applies there...I've gotten to...um, well I got through Clocktown. That's it.

@Firus, Mask Link is from Majora's Mask (Wait... you've only gotten past the first two dungeons in Ocarina? What kind of gamer are you? Thats Ocarina!!!! Ocarina!!!!!!!!!)

Anyway, Mask Link would be a young link that uses himself plus the 4 transformation masks from Majora's Mask to fight, his down-B making him transform from Deku Link to Goron Link to Zora Link, all would have very different and original moves.

And his final smash would transform him into the unbelievably powerful Fierce-Diety Link, who one could use to own the bosses after collecting all 20 non-transformation masks in Majora's Mask.

But seriously, go beat Ocarina! It's an urgent matter!
I know, I know...I've just never really gotten into playing the game for some reason. Does it get like, really fun and is just boring initially or am I just weird?
Also I tried that demo on Brawl...I turned it off after about 2 seconds because I couldn't get away from the freakin' ReDeads. Those things have always creeped me out, although I think that shrill screech from Wind Waker takes the cake.

As for Mask Link, yeah, that makes sense now. I figured, when I thought he was from Ocarina, it was some evil version of Link or...something, I don't know.

I probably should just to say I have, but...again, I can't get into the game.

I'd prefer Ghor over Rundas, but Rundas is probably more popular. But Trace would deffinatly be a must-have for a metroid poll, since aside from Ridley and Dark Samus, the hunters are the only characters people want for metroid.
But I see Trace as having the least potential for moves. Everyone else's weapon is applicable in a Brawl; his is only applicable for a Final Smash. His regular attack can't be a sniper rifle, or it'll have to be a pretty crappy one.

Yeah we're done. No more votes after this post, even if a hundred come in. I'll get to fixing up the OP now for the next poll.

Also, I thoroughly enjoyed reading that Leon vs. Krystal argument above. Nicely corroborated guys.

EDIT: The new battle is up, and it's epic. Bring your forks and knives!
Yay!

Gah, this is a tough vote. I'm torn between Rundas and Spire. They both have moveset possibilities, and I personally like both of them. And if possible, Spire's wall-clinging ability would be awesome to implement, assuming it wouldn't be broken. Rundas seems more important, but then again, Hunters didn't have as much of a story as MP3 did. Hmm...

I like Rundas, but Spire is interesting and has his Dialanche, while Rundas has no alternate form. While I'm torn between, I'm going to have to vote for Spire.

I'll try to post a moveset for him later.

Keep in mind that I'm still going to vote for Ridley in round two, though. ;) Ridley wins, all over the place.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ghor: 1
Rundas: 2
Spire: 2
Sylux:

Okay I'll just say this. I played MPH, and did not like Sylux and Spire. I personally preferred Weavel, Kanden and Trace. Now Rundas vs Ghor is something else completely. I would love to see Ghor jump into brawl and fight Samus, but it's hard for me because I never played MP3 despite really wanting to.

Don't hate me, but I will probably change my vote frequently between Rundas, Ghor and Spire.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ghor: 1
Rundas:
Spire: 2
Sylux:

Okay I'll just say this. I played MPH, and did not like Sylux and Spire. I personally preferred Weavel, Kanden and Trace. Now Rundas vs Ghor is something else completely. I would love to see Ghor jump into brawl and fight Samus, but it's hard for me because I never played MP3 despite really wanting to.
I also really like Weavel and Kanden, actually, especially the latter. However, the four that we have are all very different and unique in their own right. Hell, I'd take every hunter as playable characters, but we have the four in the OP, and that's that.

@ Firus - Also, Ridley? Really? I honestly don't want him that much. He's too epic to be a character, and demoting him to the size of a playable character would harm him as a character.

And don't come at me with "well they shrunk Bowser" and "enlarged Olimar".Bowser's size has always changed with every game that he's in. He doesn't have a specific size, only a more or less specific look. As for Olimar, he's a staple as one of Nintendo's newest characters in one of their newest franchises. To avoid overloading Brawl with characters from too little franchises, he was necessary. Come on. It's Olimar. Plus, he helped to form the Mario-Olimar-Game & Watch triangle on the roster.

Ridley has always been huge. Never has he been remotely close to Samus in size. Shrinking him just for SSB4 would harm him really. I would take a hunter or Dark Samus over Ridley, in all honesty. I love Ridley, he's a wonderful character, but I don't want to see him stripped of dignity for the sake of being playable.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
This is off topic but can you tell me where to find those awesome pictures you use Spire, like Midna.
Also you accidently said that Skull Kid had 4 votes on page 1.

And finally on topic, Rundas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom