• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But from a dynamic character standpoint, I can't see why she wouldn't fit the interesting character bill.
I don't know much about either of them. But I've always liked the Naga/Snake ideas for her character. I don't like saying I would rather have Medusa playable, simply because I dont know anything about new Palutena... and I may really like her. But based on what I DO know about the two, I would rather see Medusa, simply because off her gorgeous design and Naga/snake moveset.

Hard to say since, if we're leading towards this category, there is a lot that of aspects to a character that would need demonstrate why they should be catered to over others.
Think about Falco and Wolf in Melee. Falco is a fan favorite for being a cocky annoying douche, and, in SF64, Wolf is... pretty meh. He has an okay personality, but really is outshined by Falco, who has more face time. Andross is even worse than Wolf.

YesIplayasJiggz

Smash Rookie
I really would prefer a gc controller but I really don't mind, because within a few weeks I'll be forgetting the gamecube controls. But that WiiU controller is to blocky. I'm going to have to use the pro conroller. And I hope Krystal is in the next one.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Oh for certain? How did it feel?

Assuming you were present at the convention and had first hand experience with the controller.

But based on what I DO know about the two, I would rather see Medusa, simply because off her gorgeous design and Naga/snake moveset.
Oh most def

Though that might not be the most appealing portrait, I really have to give it to what possibilities are out there to suffice her play style.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
At least the Wii U pro controller isn't the Wiimote, Super Smash Bros. wise at least. So that is defiantly a step up in my opinion. As for the Wii U Gamepad, I think it would be viable but somewhat cumbersome, especially within a group.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Miyamoto can't decide between remaking Majora's Mask or ALttP.

This is alot more straight foward than Miyamoto usually is. It's unsettling. :laugh:

My bias is clouding my common sense, so if MM got remade, would Skull Kid's chances for Smash increase at all? I'm guessing they might a little, but not enough to really make him a likely candidate. I hope I'm wrong. I guess it could also increase Tingle's chances, who is already alot more likely.

If ALttP gets remade, I don't really see it effecting how Zelda would be repped Smash.

@KI Characters
Not that it should solely effect chances, but (other than Hades) I found Palutena to be the most interesting (personality-wise) of the main characters in KIU. I'm glad she sort of strayed from the typical humorless-and-distant portrayal that god charactes usually get. It's unfortunate Medusa didn't really have much personality, but I guess Sakurai was saving it all for Hades. :awesome:

I think the way that Sakurai chose to portray Palutena really helped contribute to her popularity, and because of the mix of her popularity, the potential for fighting that she showed, and the fact that she received the second most amount of "screen time", I believe she is the front-runner for a KI rep in Smash 4. Magnus and Medusa would be cool too, but IMO I find them much less likely.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Skull Kid is probably not going to be influenced by the Majora's Mask thing at all, especially since he's only a major character in one game. But Tingle might, mostly due to the cult love for him in Japan.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I want to meet your run of the mill Japanese Tingle fan and get some perspective.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Why is Tingle even considered for a spot in Smash? I don't feel he's transcendent enough in his home franchise to warrant rep imo.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
What do you think about the shockwave being D-Smash and him using Kremlings or Klaptraps for a Special instead?

Also, Warheart, I'm curious what moves you envision in a Krusha set. Aside from the orange grenade launcher, he has little obvious potential when not taking the cartoon into account.

:phone:
You are? Seriously? This really makes me happy! :)

I'm sorry that I have to disappoint you, because his moveset atm is not complete. I've been mostly thinking about a working moveset for General Guy, Metagross and even character that will have a extremely small chance to appear, Commander Shepard.

Anyway, this is what I've got so far:

Neutral

Neutral A: No move yet

Forward A: Thrust (or Quick Jab)
A pretty quick and rangy attack. Krusha stretches his arms to push the enemy forward...

Alternative Forward A: (No good name)
Same attack as Snake's Forward A, One small hit and then a second one to send enemy flying. I would also like to note that this move probably makes more sense for Krusha than Snake... but that's just me...
Snake shouldn't be just brute force, he should be more tactical...

Up A: No move yet

Down A: No move yet

Dash A: Slide (DK64)
In DK64, if you pressed Z and B when you were running, he would use his feet to slide a short distance to deal some damage. In Smash 4 it would work exactly the same.

Smashes

F Smash: Kremling Punch (DK64)
This is actually more related to Chunky Kong's signature move Primate Punch, but I think this move also suits Krusha very well. Should deal massive damage to the enemy and send them flying to the moon...

D Smash: No name for this yet (DK64)
In DK64, when you press B again, he will start spinning to gain more momentum and then hopefully hits his enemy with his hands. In Smash it could work pretty similar, but he'll instead smash the ground and make a small quake to launch the opponents up in the air, so that Krusha can do some cool aerial combos (or just a powerful aerial or ground attack). It works exactly like Wario's Down Smash in Project M...

U Smash: Mortar (DK64)
This move is only here because if Snake doesn't make it to Smash 4.
He launches an orange up in the air...

Specials

N Special: Orange Grenade Launcher
We all know what this does, so I will skip this one for now...

F Special: Barrel Toss (DK series)
There are two problems with this move...

The first one is that there's already a barrel item in Smash, so this attack should use different kind of barrels than the ordinary barrels.

The second problem is that this move could be too similar to Dedede's F Special and I don't really want that, but here we go...

Barrels has been a important thing in all DK games, so that's pretty much why I want to add this exclusively for Krusha.

He will throw one steel barrel forward to deal some small or average damage and this barrel is an unbreakable one, so it will roll until it disappears from the screen or if the timer (for the barrel) runs out. If the barrel hits a wall, it will change direction.

You also have a small chance to get a TNT barrel, this will roll a short time and then explode to deal massive damage. If it hits an enemy or an obstacle on the way, it will explode immediately by contact.
You have to be careful though because it might explode in front of Krusha. Not sure if the steel barrel should also do damage to Krusha...

A bonus could also be that there's a small chance that Krusha throws an ordinary barrel... but I don't know...

U Special: No move yet

D Special: Bulk Up (DKC1)
This move is not very well thought out, but atm...
Krusha is known for his defence in DKC1 so I want him to somehow use this in Smash 4. When you press the following combination, Krusha will improve his defence by spanning (is this the correct word?) his big muscles (like a bodybuilder) to protect himself from mortal damage (most notably smashes) and then unleash hell to the opponent.

A bonus could be if he can reflect powerful projectiles. For weaker attacks like Fox's gun and Pit's bow should still work fine against Krusha. If he also gets hit by a powerful attack, he has to wait to use this attack again.

Does this sound like a realistic and interesting moveset for Krusha? Right now I'm trying to make a moveset so that you want to keep the enemies close to Krusha and if they just keep running away, you can still do some damage from range (for pressure). Krusha shouldn't be like Ness, he should focus more on close combat...
And I also want him to be more militarish, that's why I added the Mortar (up smash).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Give me a Link to the Past, we haven't had a true 2D Zelda game in since Minish Cap back in '05.
Plus we don't need that moon in 3D do we?

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Why is Tingle even considered for a spot in Smash? I don't feel he's transcendent enough in his home franchise to warrant rep imo.
I think it's simply because of popularity, this also includes most of the characters in Brawl, popularity has made them playable in Smash.
TBH, I hate this fact...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Krusha moveset
What you have so far fits into Smash fairly well, it seems. For one of the moves, I might have him borrow a tactic from the Krunchas in DKC2 and get angry when he's attacked during a certain move. For example, if foes run away to hit him with projectiles, he can active the move, turning red and charging after them to keep them at close range, dealing damage if he charges into them, of course.

I believe he also has a clapping shockwave attack in DK64?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well he did gain enough popularity to get his own series (a series with now multiple games), and in Japan is the most popular reoccuring character not yet playable. I agree he's not nearly up to the ranks of Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf, but sadly he's probably next in line. He's not a horrible character like many people claim, but why he's received so much popularity (more than IMO much better Zelda characters) is beyond me. If he wasn't abhorred in NA as much as he is, I'd say his chances for Smash 4 would be fairly decent.

@yani
That's a really good idea. Although Miyamoto might be too busy with all his other projects (like Zelda Wii U).

D

Deleted member

On the topic of Medusa, I'd be much more inclined to support her no matter what if she really WAS a naga/lamia like I thought she would end up being prior to Uprising's story secrets.
Sadly this isn't the case...

Also, hate to break it to you guys, but Tingle's just a creepy straight guy that has a fetish for fairies. :smirk:

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
What you have so far fits into Smash fairly well, it seems. For one of the moves, I might have him borrow a tactic from the Krunchas in DKC2 and get angry when he's attacked during a certain move. For example, if foes run away to hit him with projectiles, he can active the move, turning red and charging after them to keep them at close range, dealing damage if he charges into them, of course.

I believe he also has a clapping shockwave attack in DK64?
Thank you, I'm not 100% proud of it, but that's what I've got atm...

By clapping shockwave, you mean the one when the Kongs charge up the attack by holding down the B button and then release a shockwave? Actually he doesn't have that LOL
Krusha appears only in Multiplayer mode and none of the characters can do that attack. But I think we can make an exception.

Anyway, I tried to put that attack somewhere, but I couldn't find a good slot, except as an alternative for Down Special, but Bulk Up is more or less his signature move so I don't know.
I think his Down Smash would be good enough for him...
Now when I think about it, the animation could be really cool if a shockwave is added.

Btw, could the raging be a part of the Bulk Up attack? He could charge up his anger by getting hit by powerful attacks, and then unleash his anger, or?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Thank you, I'm not 100% proud of it, but that's what I've got atm...

By clapping shockwave, you mean the one when the Kongs charge up the attack by holding down the B button and then release a shockwave? Actually he doesn't have that LOL
Krusha appears only in Multiplayer mode and none of the characters can do that attack. But I think we can make an exception.

Anyway, I tried to put that attack somewhere, but I couldn't find a good slot, except as an alternative for Down Special, but Bulk Up is more or less his signature move so I don't know.
I think his Down Smash would be good enough for him...
Now when I think about it, the animation could be really cool if a shockwave is added.

Btw, could the raging be a part of the Bulk Up attack? He could charge up his anger by getting hit by powerful attacks, and then unleash his anger, or?
The anger concept sounds worthwhile, although for a character who's meant to be constantly fighting at close range, a chargeable move might encourage him to run away to build up power. It should definitely be in there somewhere, regardless.

The shockwave attack could involve him leaping up, before slamming his fists into the ground to create the wave. That one's more open to interpretation as far as which move input it should fill.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Luh me some Tingle. One of my favorite LoZ rosters would be:

Link (Skyward Sword)
Zelda / Sheik (Skyward Sword / Ocarina Of Time)
Ganondorf (Ocarina Of Time)
Tingle (Wind Waker - Rupeeland Mix)
Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What if Ganondorf used a design that mixed his Twilight Princess incarnation with some characteristics of Demise from Skyward Sword.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What if Ganondorf used a design that mixed his Twilight Princess incarnation with some characteristics of Demise from Skyward Sword.
I'd prefer if Ganondorf had his OOT look back in SSB4, but if the TP design is used again, adding some Demise elements would be a good way to differentiate a little between Brawl Ganondorf and Smash 4 Ganondorf (excluding any possible changes in moveset).

If he could only be implemented in one way though (not counting trophies/stickers) I'd rather see Demise as a boss.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What do you think it would be based upon? He hasn't been in any games since TP, and Zelda designs usually reflect their latest appearance.

I suppose he could be styled in a SS design (or whatever his most recent appearance before SSB4 will be) similar to how Sheik had a TP design. If that were the case, I would bet he would have a few Demise elements as part of his look.

D

Deleted member

There is still OoT3D, so there is the chance that they revert to their Melee designs (or in Ganondorf's case, use the true OoT design, as Melee was SpaceWorld Demo Ganondorf.).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't think we'll have any content from the next Zelda game in Sm4sh, so that leaves Skyward Sword as the basis for everything. They'll just make new designs for Ganondorf and Sheik to fit in with it all.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm betting Ganondorf will get a completely new design.
I'm betting so too. Sheik will look something like Impa, and Ganondorf will look... weird. We won't get a major Zelda title until after Smash4. The most I can see happening is Young Link. Ghirahim and Tingle will most definitely be no shows to the playable party.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You got to admit, Ganondorf with fiery hair, rougher skin, and bright red eyes with black sclera would look pretty intimidating. Which would be fitting for the King of Evil.

JPW

Smash Ace
God i hate Tingle. The only way i would tolerate him is so i can beat him up with a most awesome strong character. Seeing as Ike could be 50-50. It might have to be Krom doing the smashing this time round.

JPW

Smash Ace
I'm betting so too. Sheik will look something like Impa, and Ganondorf will look... weird. We won't get a major Zelda title until after Smash4. The most I can see happening is Young Link. Ghirahim and Tingle will most definitely be no shows to the playable party.
if it takes 3 to 4 years to make a Smash Game and 3 to 4 years to make a Zelda game then who knows they might update.

I think everyone will get some sort of makeover anyway. It is going to be HD.

sorry about the double post if someone wants they can merge the two posts together.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, we talking about Zelda characters again? This is my dream Zelda roster.

Ocarina of Time characters in Skyward Sword style
- Link
- Zelda / Sheik (or Zelda / Impa :troll:)
- Ganondorf

Majora's Mask characters in Wind Waker style
- Deku Link / Goron Link / Zora Link with Fierce Deity Link as Final Smash (aka Masked Toon Link :awesome:)
- Tingle (Balloon Fighter who?)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
if it takes 3 to 4 years to make a Smash Game and 3 to 4 years to make a Zelda game then who knows they might update.
Thing is, the next Zelda is only in the conceptual stages, while Sm4sh is now in development. They're going to have to finish designing the Zelda characters early on, before the Zelda team would have new designs ready.

Kind of like how Brawl didn't have any Mario Galaxy content in it. They still went with Sunshine.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina moveset:

B: Star piece: She throws out one of thse star peices. They can be aimed, and do not disappear like Fox's blaster, but they moves slowly like something would in space They do break when they are hit though.

^B: Zero Gravity: Her third jump allows her to hover, but unlike peach she hovers for a shorter time, and can move 360 degrees. Her A moves can be used in this state, but not her B moves.

vB: Star trap: You know those things in Mario galaxy that act like cannons and blast you places? Well using this move will cause one of these to pop up. on the ground they are at an angle, so they will shoot the opponent, causing them to fly through the air in a "rainbow" type of pattern. If used in the air, the cannon will shoot them towards the ground.

B>: Luma dash: Rosalina flicks her wand and Luma dashes forward a few feet, and swiftly returns to her side. Think ZSS's B>, but slightly higher in the air, (unless she is ducking) and a Luma!
Let's see how that compares to my special move inputs...

Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said:
standard - Star Beam: Rosalina charges up her star wand with star energy. The star wand will glow brighter as it's getting charged up, and Rosalina can hold the charge as well. When released, Rosalina will fire an energy orb, which appears similar to Lucario's Aura Sphere. The size and power of the orb is dependent on how much power has been stored into the attack. The move can deal a minimum of 3% damage, up to a maximum of 26% damage.

side - Luma Assist: Rosalina will bring out a Luma, and have it fly forward. Anyone who gets hit by the Luma will take damage. How powerful the Luma is is based on its color. Blue Lumas are the least powerful; Yellow Lumas are average powered; Red Lumas are stronger; Green Lumas pack the most power, and are the rarest to get.

up - Teleport: Rosalina will disappear, and reappear at a different spot. Its range is large, and is executed rather quickly. The angle of the teleportation can be adjusted, but it doesn't deal any damage.

down - Star Barrier: Rosalina will create a barrier around her, which protects her from almost every kind of indirect attack. It can also reflect projectiles right back at opponents with doubled strength. However, it has no effect against direct attacks.

Final Smash - Grand Star Storm: Rosalina will summon a large number of Power Stars, which will fall down onto the battlefield at full force. The color of the Power Stars determine their power (yellow is average; red is strong; green is very strong), but the Grand Stars pack the most power, and are the most capable of delivering KOs. The Final Smash lasts for about 10 seconds.
I am rather uncertain about Shortiecanbrawl's inputs, but the third jump idea does seem manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom