• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani

Smash Lord
B: Blunderbuss Shot (DKC2)
Side B: Krown Toss (DKC1)
Up B: Kopter Pak (DKC3)
Down B: Krushing Shockwave (DK64)
Final Smash: Crystal Banana (DK: Jungle Climber)
Simple and believable.
This is pretty much what I want. The shot should randomly have the spiked cannonballs too :awesome:. His down B is a jump that causes a quake right?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've mapped out an entire Special set, Warheart.

B or Side B: Krown Toss (DKC1)
B or Side B: Blunderbuss Shot (DKC2)
Simple and believable.
What do you think about the shockwave being D-Smash and him using Kremlings or Klaptraps for a Special instead?

Also, Warheart, I'm curious what moves you envision in a Krusha set. Aside from the orange grenade launcher, he has little obvious potential when not taking the cartoon into account.

:phone:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Medusa is just a far more minor character then Palutena, especially in Kid Icarus: Uprising. Deny it all you want, but Medusa is not going in before Palutena.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You're not listening, but that's fine.

I like making movesets for characters, despite them not having good chances. (I've done Daisy, Majora, and Suicune as well)

I was thinking that most of your attacks involve the four Pikmin characters in some way (Don't know how yet). And no you wouldn't. ^B could just be the flying pikmin being used as a recovery item. I dont know much about the game so I can't exactly expand much of my idea without me making up a lot of stuff. So, meh.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
I've mapped out an entire Special set, Warheart.

B or Side B: Krown Toss (DKC1)
B or Side B: Blunderbuss Shot (DKC2)
Simple and believable.
Finally! Thank you so much for writing a post without making me mad LOL
You're probably a very nice guy, but some of your responses really makes me irritated

And about the moveset...
It would make more sense if Blunderbuss was Neutral B and Crown Toss Forward B.
I couldn't care less for the Crown Toss just because the move reminds me a little of Link's Boomerang.
Don't know anything about the Final Smash though, so I'm not gonna comment on that...
I haven't played DKC3, but I can still figure out how Kopter Pak works...
Otherwise the moveset is good I guess.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I just find it random that people want Genesect in Super Smash Bros as a playable character. Although if Genesect becomes popular enough, it can be plausible I guess. The problem is it's not just Genesect though, there is also stuff like Mewtwo, Lucario, and Zoroark to "compete" with. I'd doubt there will be 9 Pokemon characters in the next game ether.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Rosalina moveset:

B: Star piece: She throws out one of thse star peices. They can be aimed, and do not disappear like Fox's blaster, but they moves slowly like something would in space They do break when they are hit though.

^B: Zero Gravity: Her third jump allows her to hover, but unlike peach she hovers for a shorter time, and can move 360 degrees. Her A moves can be used in this state, but not her B moves.

vB: Star trap: You know those things in Mario galaxy that act like cannons and blast you places? Well using this move will cause one of these to pop up. on the ground they are at an angle, so they will shoot the opponent, causing them to fly through the air in a "rainbow" type of pattern. If used in the air, the cannon will shoot them towards the ground.

B>: Luma dash: Rosalina flicks her wand and Luma dashes forward a few feet, and swiftly returns to her side. Think ZSS's B>, but slightly higher in the air, (unless she is ducking) and a Luma!
I love the idea, to be honest. Her Down B seems very evil though, depending on the launch speed, since that can potentially devastate characters with predictable recoveries. Still, I like the idea for the moveset.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
His evaluation of Palutena? All he did was over glorify her role in ONE of the KI titles, and give no credit to the fact that prior to Hades, Medusa has always been the main villain. Lastly, intead of actually listening to what I was trying to say about Medusa being added, he decided to just respond with another empty statement. When all else fails, he sits back on the fact that I like Krystal and Genesect, because he thinks it actually means something, when most respected users don't even notice him.

The funniest thing is, I pretty much said Palutena is a better choice, but I was correcting him on saying the addition of Medusa wouldn't make sense. Because it makes a whole bunch of sense.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
I got one if they decided to add a character from a compeltly different universe like let's say Obi-Wan Kenobi!

his special moves are: Special Moves
-Standard Special Move- Force Push- Obi-Wan uses the Force to push his opponent far from him, charges the same as Wario’s Down Special Move. The fully charged can send opponents off the map does no damage.
-Side Special Move- Light Saber Throw- Obi-Wan throws his light saber and a very quick motion at his opponent and can be controlled which direction like Link and Toon Link’s Boomerang but returns after hit.
-Up Special Move- Force Jump- Uses the Force, Obi-Wan jumps high to get back on stages or platforms, (Works the same as Lucario’s Up Special Move) leaves him helpless after reaching the top height.
Down Special Move-Force Rush- Obi-Wan uses the Force to speed himself up to avoid incoming attacks and counters them. (very similar to Lucario’s Down Special Attack) but instead of the Force countering the attack, His lightsaber counters like how Marth, Ike and Roy’s Counter attack work.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Thing is, one game in the series is kinda a big deal in a series that only had three games. And the one Palutena had a huge role in (arguably biggest game in the series except maybe the first) was created by the same person that makes Smash Bros. When Sakurai looks at KI characters, I would think Palutena would stand out first to him, if for no other reason than he made her what she was in Uprising.

Medusa would make sense, but it would be odd if Palutena didn't come first.

D

Deleted member

This is pretty much what I want. The shot should randomly have the spiked cannonballs too :awesome:. His down B is a jump that causes a quake right?
Just a small jump. It's more or less him slamming the ground with his buttocks to make the shockwave, like DK64. He doesn't jump real high like the Yoshi Bomb; he more or less jumps enough to pull his legs up to hit the ground with his buttocks.

What do you think about the shockwave being D-Smash and him using Kremlings or Klaptraps for a Special instead?
:phone:
I have briefly considered the idea of a Klap Trap for Down Special, but I feel it'd be copying Dedede's Waddle Dee schtick, and I was trying to avoid making ANY comparable move to Dedede.

Finally! Thank you so much for writing a post without making me mad LOL
You're probably a very nice guy, but some of your responses really makes me irritated

And about the moveset...
It would make more sense if Blunderbuss was Neutral B and Crown Toss Forward B.
I couldn't care less for the Crown Toss just because the move reminds me a little of Link's Boomerang.
Don't know anything about the Final Smash though, so I'm not gonna comment on that...
I haven't played DKC3, but I can still figure out how Kopter Pak works...
Otherwise the moveset is good I guess.
Lol, it's ok. I kind of have a sarcastic tone, courtesy from my father. :laugh:
I actually agree with the Blunderbuss being Neutral B, but others have different viewpoints on whether it should be that or not, so I labeled it it as "B or Side B" while labeling the Krown Toss the same way, since it makes sense for both in both spots, but YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) on which one should go where.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Medusa is just a far more minor character then Palutena, especially in Kid Icarus: Uprising. Deny it all you want, but Medusa is not going in before Palutena.
You're not getting it.

To speak so absolutely is absolutely stupid. There is no way you can know for sure or not.

We can only debate what we think makes the most sense and what would be the most fun and what would be hard to make work.

I want a character from a non-video game exclusive universe.
You are not going to get what you want. Do you know what game we are talking about?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I remember, before Uprising, I said Medusa would come first since she would be the more interesting fighter of the two. u3u

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Thing is, one game in the series is kinda a big deal in a series that only had three games. And the one Palutena had a huge role in (arguably biggest game in the series except maybe the first) was created by the same person that makes Smash Bros. When Sakurai looks at KI characters, I would think Palutena would stand out first to him, if for no other reason than he made her what she was in Uprising.
I'm not arguing that.

Medusa would make sense, but it would be odd if Palutena didn't come first.
Yes, odd, as in "Hmm? That's weird." *continues playing Smash4* Because her inclusion wouldn't be all that odd.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I remember, before Uprising, I said Medusa would come first since she would be the more interesting fighter of the two. u3u
Those were dark days, the Goddess Wars...
Are we having another one right now?

D

Deleted member

You're not getting it.

To speak so absolutely is absolutely stupid. There is no way you can know for sure or not.

We can only debate what we think makes the most sense and what would be the most fun and what would be hard to make work.
Is it stupid to say that Palutena has more going for her than Medusa and is essentially more likely as a result?
I'm not saying Palutena is in for sure, as I can honestly see Sakurai throwing a curveball and adding someone like Magnus or Hades instead, but as it stands, she does have the most chance.

D

Deleted member

Didn't know that DLC, something that couldn't be done before until recent times for Nintendo is comparable to adding a 3rd Party character that isn't from a video game, which is something Sakurai said won't happen. :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Obi-Wan smells. Akainu from One Piece would obviously get in before him. I mean, look at how popular One Piece is in Japan. Out-sells the next most popular manga 5 to 1.

Gabara from the Godzilla series would get in as an obscure retro character too.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
Didn't know that DLC, something that couldn't be done before until recent times for Nintendo is comparable to adding a 3rd Party character that isn't from a video game, which is something Sakurai said won't happen. :troll:
But Hideo Kojima begged for Snake to be added in Melee but couldn't due to time but was added in Brawl. yet Sakurai let in not 1 3rd party characters but TWO!

D

Deleted member

But Hideo Kojima begged for Snake to be added in Melee but couldn't due to time but was added in Brawl. yet Sakurai let in not 1 3rd party characters but TWO!
Snake is from a video game series: Metal Gear Solid.
Sonic is from a video game series: Sonic The Hedgehog.

Obi-Wan is NOT from a video game series. He is from Star Wars, which is a movie series. (Note, just because a movie has a game doesn't make a character a game character. They are a movie character first.)
Sakurai FLAT OUT SAID that 3rd Parties must have debuted in a video game, and have been on a Nintendo system before.
While yes, Star Wars has had games out the wazoo on Nintendo systems, it is a movie series first, and thus Obi-Wan is inelligible for Smash. (And why Obi-Wan over Luke or Vader anyway? :troll:)

yani

Smash Lord
Just a small jump. It's more or less him slamming the ground with his buttocks to make the shockwave, like DK64. He doesn't jump real high like the Yoshi Bomb; he more or less jumps enough to pull his legs up to hit the ground with his buttocks.
I was envisioning this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycfa7XxlWmI (skip to 1:57), never got around to finishing DK64 so I have no clue what he does there besides being a giant boxer :laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Don't want to fuel the idiocy, but Sakurai counted Bomberman, Megaman, and Sonic votes during Melee as throw away votes.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Is it stupid to say that Palutena has more going for her than Medusa and is essentially more likely as a result?
We can only debate what we think makes the most sense
^ I said the opposite.

And yeah, before Uprising, Palutena wasn't interesting at all. Never even had the idea come to mind until after completing the game.

you know DLC won't come to the next smash game so don't hold your breath.
*covers ears* lalalalalala I can't hear you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom