• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool's crown and blunderbuss, in combination with his speed and jumping prowess, could actually result in him being a competitively viable heavyweight.

I would love to see a Klump and Krusha duo character, but it will sadly never happen.

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You would need to try quite a bit to make K. Rool a clone. A moveset kind of writes itself. If height is an issue, let it be known that he was DK's height in Mario Super Sluggers. Not to mention he's the main antagonist of the series. He's one of the few characters that I think (and I hate using this phrase) deserves to be in Smash.

He has a Crown Boomerang, a Blunderbuss, Cannonball Moves, a Helicopter Pack, shoulder rams, tail lunges, a full set of Crocodile teeth, Klaptraps, Jumping and Boxing Skills. Not to mention the Blast O Matic or blasts from the Gangplank Galleon would be cool Final Smash ideas. He's got quite a bit to work with to make him unique.

yani

Smash Lord
If height is an issue, let it be known that he was DK's height in Mario Super Sluggers..
Yup! Just noticed this two days ago actually.
He's also the best hitter in the game

I have to add K.Rool in my sig. I can't stop watching the DKC cartoon and it makes me want him in more :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've attempted, just to see in the past. The closest I got was a Special set similar to Dedede. Even that was different. Like I said, it would take more effort to make him a clone than it would be to make him unique xD

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
K. Rool's FS should be popping his eyes out. All the other characters KO themselves to escape the ocular horror until the match is over.

Seriously, though. Dem eyes...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The hacked K. Rools I've seen use Dedede as a base, but that would never fly in a real game since he lacks multiple jumps (and would have to use his blunderbuss to suck).

I would legitimately not mind DKC cartoon K. Rool in SSBU, although I'm pretty sure he'll be using more beastly noises instead to match those of DK and Diddy.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Technically it's from Turtle Bridge.

And I take back what I said about Other M Ridley looking like ****. Now I can see his totally badass attitude through that menacing monster appearance.

Excuse me,idk,i always mix up foward and back areal.

So his foward areal is from mario bros,in case you don't know,the point was to make packages.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
^I see K. Rool in your sig. That was fast, yani!

@BKupa: I know, it wouldn't work. Just goes to show how it couldn't be done. K. Rool is essentially clone proof. Not many other viable characters can say that.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't think there will be any new clones in the traditional sense in the next game. The worst we'll probably get is some semi-clones, and even then its not bad.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The only way I see true clones happening this time is if we repeat Melee. You know, to buff up the roster.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I assumed so, but like I said, that would be the only way I see true clones happening.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The number of viable characters to use as clones seem to be dwindling.

Aside from Bowser Jr. and maybe Krom or Krystal, who else could even have a case for their inclusion? This is, of course, not counting the possibility of Roy returning.

D

Deleted member

It's an opinion that shows you haven't played a DKC game.

K. Rool is able to toss his crown like a boomerang and cause cannonballs to rain from the sky in DKC1, use a blunderbuss that shoots cannonballs, spiked cannonballs, puffs of smoke that do different effects (purple reverses controls, for example), and barrels, sucks up things, and jets across the screen with, as well as turn invisible in DKC2, use a helicopter pack and convieniently placed electical fields in DKC3, as well as boxing skills, shockwaves, throw boxing gloves like a boomerang, and turn invisible (again) in DK64.

In my opinion, a move that represents each would be nice.
For example B and Side B could be the Krown Toss and Blunderbuss Shot, Up B could be the Kopter Pak, and Down B could be the Krushing Shockwave.
Final Smash can reference a recent game, Jungle Climber, as K. Rool eats the Crystal Banana and grows huge, while you control him similar to controlling Ippatsuman's mech in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I also came up with a way to work K. Rool's playing dead into a moveset.

Essentially, one Special allows him to enter his prone state, or the state he enters when he gets knocked down. However, he does have a brief period of invincibility frames during his 'collapse' which allows him to use the move as a counter (and to avoid laser-locks). He can then use his get-up attack, which would be a powerful pitfalling jump, to retaliate.

I think K. Rool would be more whimsical (like Dedede) than comical (like Wario). But yes, he won't be super serious, however you look at him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That actually seems like a pretty interesting move. I'd assume it's a bit situational, but nonetheless interesting. It's actually the first time I've seen someone implement his feigning death as anything other than a taunt.

D

Deleted member

To be honest, I think the playing dead would work better as a taunt. It just fits more, in my eyes.
Not that I'm saying your idea is bad, Kupa, in fact, it's very interesting. It's just, I see it working better as a taunt, as in a way, he uses that technique to taunt the Kongs in the games. In a "you think you've won, but it's only the beginning" kind of way.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I assumed so, but like I said, that would be the only way I see true clones happening.
Brawl had to cut a lot of potential characters, I can only assume the same is going to happen this time around.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The number of viable characters to use as clones seem to be dwindling.

Aside from Bowser Jr. and maybe Krom or Krystal, who else could even have a case for their inclusion? This is, of course, not counting the possibility of Roy returning.
Louie, Palutena, Ridley, Magnus, King K. Rool, Zoroark, Takamaru, and Paper Mario.

Although all of them are pretty implausible as clones. Except for Louie.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
With Pikmin 3 coming out, it might be that there is more for a Pikmin character to draw from.

Really? Palutena?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would honestly prefer the playing dead as a taunt (although leaping up from his regular prone state would be a great throwback to DKC), since few counters are used in heated matches anyways.

I guess it depends on how much Sakurai wants to focus on his dirty-fighter style, which was mentioned in his trophy.

D

Deleted member

@SmashChu: To be fair, it isn't impossible for Palutena to be a Zelda semi-clone (sans a Transformation).
Though likely, it is not.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
With Pikmin 3 coming out, it might be that there is more for a Pikmin character to draw from.

Really? Palutena?
Maybe the character could focus on the Multiplayer aspect (Four "Olimars") instead of the Pikmin aspect that Olimar himself focuses on.

And, Maybe he meant if Medusa got in first, Palutena could be a clone.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Aside from an unlikely new Pikmin rep, those all seem to be large stretches, especially in the cases of Ridley, Palutena and K. Rool.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
And, Maybe he meant if Medusa got in first, Palutena could be a clone.
No, I was referring to the fact that Palutena could in theory be a clone of Zelda. But like I said, I highly doubt that Palutena would be a clone. Maybe a semi-clone, but that's stretching it.

Also Medusa is not going in before Palutena, or joining in at all. That hardly makes any sense.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That's silly. If Palutena can be legitimately considered a clone of Zelda, then we should consider everyone clone material.

Also Medusa is not going in before Palutena, or joining in at all. That hardly makes any sense.
How does that not make sense?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Do I really need to come here and post the Ancient Aliens guy in here again?

While I agree Palutena is just a much better character, it is fair game for either one of them to get in. There is no telling.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

While I agree Palutena is just a much better character, it is fair game for either one of them to get in. There is no telling.
No one is disagreeing that she is a better choice, but regardless of whatever kind of personaltiy traits she has gained in this ONE new game. Medusa still has been a fairly staple villain throughout the series, and her addition is in-fact, a sensible one. IF she were to get in, an Palutena did not, it may have the same affect as if Junior got in, but Toad didn't. People may be slightly disappointed that choice A didn't make it in, but choice B is a good choice regardless. Although I'm SURE like with the Junior/Toad situation, most would be happy to see BOTH become playable.

But seriously, her addition may not be ideal, but to say it makes no sense? That's kind of pushing it.

D

Deleted member

Signs do point more in Palutena's favor, however.

Especially since Uprising destroyed most opposing points, namely "she can't fight", "she has nothing for a moveset", and "she's too big" (YES, I've heard this before...).

yani

Smash Lord

Idk, I feel like that ONE chapter where
you fight her
was Sakurai's way of showing she could fight so he can throw her in the game. I can't imagine JUST Medusa, but I want both anyway. :bee:

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
It's an opinion that shows you haven't played a DKC game.
Oh here we go again...

OK, I'm not supposed to take that sentence too literal, so I'm not gonna argue, but I'll instead repeat what I said in my previous post...

Like I said before, if K.Rool is added, then a moveset based from DKC2 would be nice.

Which also means that I've put some thought about what he does in other games (for me it's DKC1, DKC2 and DK64). But what he does in other games hasn't really interested me as much as in DKC2. Apparently, people have difficulties to understand this, so I really have to post it...

D

Deleted member

I've mapped out an entire Special set, Warheart.

B or Side B: Krown Toss (DKC1)
B or Side B: Blunderbuss Shot (DKC2)
Up B: Kopter Pak (DKC3)
Down B: Krushing Shockwave (DK64)
Final Smash: Crystal Banana (DK: Jungle Climber)
Simple and believable.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
A Pikmin character without Pikmin is poo. It just shouldn't happen.

Also, Palutena is the second face of Uprising, next to Pit. Medusa without Palutena wouldn't make sense, considering the tremendous focus on the latter in Uprising.

Not saying Uprising is going to be the only influencing factor in Kid Icarus content, but it's fair to say it'll have a pretty big role.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
A Pikmin character without Pikmin is poo. It just shouldn't happen.
I never said that, I said, the focus would be on the four Olimars.

Dixie Kong Moveset:

^B Hair-copter:
On the ground it works similar to Ice Climber’s spin attack, only lasts a little longer, and moves quicker. It is however, slightly weaker as well. In air the move is a useful gliding tool.

B Chewing Gum: Hold down B, and Dixie will begin to blow a bubble. The longer you hold it, the bigger the bubble gets, but if you hold it too long it will EXPLODE in your face and cause you damage. When you release it it slowly floats across the stage, acting as a moving bomb, one touch and BOOM! You can use it’s slow moving properties to your advantage and aim to knock your opponent into it, if you’re cool.

B> Hair Grab: Dixie whips her Ponytail forward for an extra long reaching grab. If the opponent is too close to you however, it will simply act as a normal attack, and just hit them. So it can be used as a hair slap, or a hair grab. YOU DECIDE!

VB Barrel throw: Dixie puts her long blonde ponytail to work, and throws a barrel forward. Depending on how long you charge B, you could get a wooden barrel (Just rolls normally) a metal barrel (Bounces, but moves slower), or a TNT Barrel (Explodes when it comes in contact with something/someone, but moves the slowest)

King K. Rool Moveset:

B Crown Toss: This is supposedly his most iconic move? Go figure he would rip it from Sailor Moon. Anyways, K. Rool Tosses his crow forward swiftly, acting as a boomerang.

>B K. Rool Crusher: K. Rool rushes forward and tackles the opponent. This move sort of acts like a further moving version of Wario’s shoulder ram move. It also ends with him diving to the ground, unlike Wario’s shoulder ram.

^B Kombo: Hailing from DK64, K. Rool ‘s up B is a chargable uppercut. The longer you charge, the stronger and higher he will lung upwards.

VB Belly Bounce: This move acts as a counter, as well as a reflector. K. Rool puffs his chest quickly. If attacked, he releases and his belly smacks the opponent. If a projectile is aimed at him, his stomach will bounce it back at the opponent.

Rosalina moveset:

B: Star piece: She throws out one of thse star peices. They can be aimed, and do not disappear like Fox's blaster, but they moves slowly like something would in space They do break when they are hit though.

^B: Zero Gravity: Her third jump allows her to hover, but unlike peach she hovers for a shorter time, and can move 360 degrees. Her A moves can be used in this state, but not her B moves.

vB: Star trap: You know those things in Mario galaxy that act like cannons and blast you places? Well using this move will cause one of these to pop up. on the ground they are at an angle, so they will shoot the opponent, causing them to fly through the air in a "rainbow" type of pattern. If used in the air, the cannon will shoot them towards the ground.

B>: Luma dash: Rosalina flicks her wand and Luma dashes forward a few feet, and swiftly returns to her side. Think ZSS's B>, but slightly higher in the air, (unless she is ducking) and a Luma!

I have a full fledge Genesect moveset, and Jill Valentine moveset, but they're old and I don't like them.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
1) This Rosalina moveset pleases me.

2) Not sure I understand what you mean about focusing on the four Olimars for a character. You mean all four are on stage at once or what? And if Pikmin are involved, you have to have a move for plucking them, and ideally a move for rearranging them (Pikmin Pluck/Whistle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom