• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
And yeah, before Uprising, Palutena wasn't interesting at all. Never even had the idea come to mind until after completing the game.
To be fair, Medusa wasn't exactly an interesting character ether. Before Uprising she played the role as a pathetically easy final boss as her monster form... and that's it. No appearance in Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monster and no trophies in Melee or Brawl. Even in Uprising she's not exactly a 5 star character in terms of role or personality.

D

Deleted member

I agree. Palutena and Medusa were equally uninteresting until Uprising, where Medusa became more interesting when she was percieved as the main villain, but then was beaten out by lovable Hades who did so much more in terms of fighting, villainry, and overall personality.
Palutena, while still somewhat uninteresting to me, showed more than Medusa in terms of being prevalent throughout the story, and also in her fight(s) (even if the second fight was a fake Palutena).

@Yani: I can't hear that without thinking of Digimon season 2. :awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Oasis YOU MUST TELL ME HOW TO UNLOCK THE PALUTENA BOW BECAUSE I AM TOO STRONG TO ASK ANYONE BUT THE BESTcaps.

I'm borrowing your internet mannerisms.
Not gonna lie, after I already had about 80% of the weapons, I started looking up how to unlock the rest. Are you sure you want ME to tell you.

Beat Chapter 24 in 11 minutes.

Also I still say Medusa would be the most interesting additional Kid Icarus character as a fighter, but that can only get one so far.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Palutena Bow is probably my favorite bow, mostly due to the powerful dash charge shots. Very useful if you desire power over reliable homing.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Also I still say Medusa would be the most interesting additional Kid Icarus character as a fighter, but that can only get one so far.
I haven't played KIU, is Palutena's personality really all that amazing?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, Palutena is great.
"Palutena and Medusa will make everyone lose interest in Krystal"
"Viridii will make everyone lose interest in Ashley"
"Meloetta will make everyone lose interest in Gardevior"

WHO'S THAT SMASH POSTER?!

Wow Oasis. I didn't expect you to like fried chicken. Picky *** eater.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Fried chicken is like one of the most ORDINARY foods out there. Or is that the joke.

Whatever, GO AWAY I ate like 30 breadsticks while I stayed with my friends. I just love bread.

Get over here Breadbug. Gonna eat you like a Pikmin would.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I haven't played KIU, is Palutena's personality really all that amazing?
I wouldn't call it amazing. She's a smart yet somewhat ditzy and jolly character that likes Pit to the point of having a brother/sister relationship of sorts, complete with the teasing yet caring vibes. It's also implied that she's a bit of a big eater and hates being called "ma'am".

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
My friend described their relationship as having D/s tones to it.

He was also the one who described the game as a girl/boyfriend with flaws, but if you can learn to love it, it will reward you greatly.

@Breadbug: I ate some dog biscuits while I was with my friends too, so that should be fine.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I wouldn't call it amazing. She's a smart yet somewhat ditzy and jolly character that likes Pit to the point of having a brother/sister relationship of sorts, complete with the teasing yet caring vibes. It's also implied that she's a bit of a big eater and hates being called "ma'am".
Which is weird considering her appearance and her status as a goddess would imply she'd have a different personality. While I do like it, it does make her seem a bit like the clichéd "valley girl" of sorts.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sounds more or less like the Big Sister archtype of manga/anime. Besides that it's the dialogue that sells her as a character.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
According to Louie's notes in Pikmin 2, I'm bland and tasteless.

And my flavor isn't that great, either! Zing !
To be honest, bread is kind of bland. It's one of those types of food that needs some sort of condiment or filling in order to give it decent flavor. Naturally a Breadbug would also taste kind of bland too.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Whatever, GO AWAY I ate like 30 breadsticks while I stayed with my friends. I just love bread.
You're going to get fat.

I would call it very amazing. She's a smart yet somewhat ditzy and jolly character that likes Pit to the point of having a brother/sister relationship of sorts, complete with the teasing yet caring vibes. It's also implied that she's a bit of a big eater and hates being called "ma'am".
I fixed it for you.

The only character more lovable than her is Hades, with Pit coming in third. Magnus and Pyrrhon follow that, then probably Pittoo coming in sixth.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Pit and Fox need a part in the next SSE together so they can have silly little chats. Maybe they could fight Medusa as a boss, with Palutena and the Star Fox crew helping from the sidelines. SO MUCH TALKING.

And Pyrrhon is the best.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
His evaluation of Palutena? All he did was over glorify her role in ONE of the KI titles, and give no credit to the fact that prior to Hades, Medusa has always been the main villain.
If I may, I'd like to add that having the primary role as a villain often leads to not having much face time as a character.

While they may have a multitude of facets to their character (ie personality), there is a good deal of blowing up that comes with the territory.

Medusa reminds me of Skorne, the main enemy of Gauntlet Legends. This a character that is quintessentially representative of evil and all that this entails. However, throughout the progression of the game, he is a character that is hardly represented; though in the meantime he is still the major driving agent for all that antagonizes the 'heroes' overall.

An example​

So while Bowser is sitting at home in his castle, he is still the proprietary driver of "villainry" even when we don't get to see him that much.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Pyrrhon did have nice antics and his megalomaniac personality, but he was way too brief. Him and Magnus should have been around more, they were too good.

Hades, Palutena, and Pit were all good and got really fleshed out as they deserved. Viridi was only decent, even with the amount of time she is around.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Pyyrhon had more spotlight than most of the other new characters though. >: He at least APPEARED MORE THAN ONCE...

I should make a Pyyrhon outfit for myself, and then with your Hades outfit we can visit each other's Animal Crossing towns and... catch fish or something.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'd like Magnus as a possible playable character in the next Smash Bros. game. I know there are some people that would disagree with that, but I like the character. He's sort of the Falco equivalent of the Kid Icarus series at the moment, and was the only character that took down Pit (technically speaking his body, but still).

Oh and personally I'm kind of neutral with Viridi. She's basically the stereotypical bratty tsundere girl, but she has her moments.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
BTW guise.

If you wait 5 minutes after the end in uprising,the one with the feather,hades talks to you about how good you are,but he is mad so he says he is going to erase your data :joyful:

Will he do it?won't tell,i just wanted to post it:smirk:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hades, Palutena, and Pit were all good and got really fleshed out as they deserved. Viridi was only decent, even with the amount of time she is around.
Agreed, although I thought Viridi did a pretty good job with the Little Sister archtype.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
BTW guise.

If you wait 5 minutes after the end in uprising,hades talks to you about how good you are,but he is mad so he says he is going to erase your data :joyful:

He says Pit is the most powerful Nintendo character because he is the only one that ever defeated a really powerful God, but then again, Hades also pointed out in the fight that he needed help from the Sacred Treasure, so technically Pit isn't inherently the most powerful, just knows how to use something that is the most powerful. Not to mention
Medusa helped at the last second

You mean pull on rods?
Giggity.

Pyyrhon had more spotlight than most of the other new characters though. >: He at least APPEARED MORE THAN ONCE...
Yeah, but the characters who showed up once were all kind of meh.

I should make a Pyyrhon outfit for myself, and then with your Hades outfit we can visit each other's Animal Crossing towns and... catch fish or something.
The two most powerful Gods fishing for tin cans and old boots. Brings a tear to my eye.

I'd like Magnus as a possible playable character in the next Smash Bros. game. I know there are some people that would disagree with that, but I like the character. He's sort of the Falco equivalent of the Kid Icarus series at the moment, and was the only character that took down Pit (technically speaking his body, but still).
I used to support Magnus, but realize he is a bit plain and underused in Uprising so doesn't deserve the spot over more prevalent and versatile characters like Palutena, Medusa, or Hades.

Oh and personally I'm kind of neutral with Viridi. She's basically the stereotypical bratty tsundere girl, but she has her moments.
Yeah, I liked her, but the way you put it describes why she didn't stand out like the others.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Bowser

I got yo ***** and this is my house now, so don't even bother

K Rool

DKC: We'll make a killing with these goods we "discovered"
What the hell are apes doing on my Ship?!!

DKC64: I ****ing hate monkeys

Dr.Robotnik

Now to invest in my new World order!

Ghirahim

I put a spell on you....

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
BTW guise.

If you wait 5 minutes after the end in uprising,the one with the feather,hades talks to you about how good you are,but he is mad so he says he is going to erase your data :joyful:

That reminds me of Bottles in Banjo-Kazooie. If you refuse his help when you start the game, and continuously talk to the first molehill, eventually he'll become so frustrated that he threatens you the same way. :laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You're going to get fat.
Watch what you Say about Oasis.

If I may, I'd like to add that having the primary role as a villain often leads to not having much face time as a character.

While they may have a multitude of facets to their character (ie personality), there is a good deal of blowing up that comes with the territory.

Medusa reminds me of Skorne, the main enemy of Gauntlet Legends. This a character that is quintessentially representative of evil and all that this entails. However, throughout the progression of the game, he is a character that is hardly represented; though in the meantime he is still the major driving agent for all that antagonizes the 'heroes' overall.

An example​

So while Bowser is sitting at home in his castle, he is still the proprietary driver of "villainry" even when we don't get to see him that much.
Which is probably why it's much easier for Sakurai to simply skip out on some villains, in favor of characters who have more "face time", despite not exactly being THE SOUL DRIVING ANTAGONIST.

I think, even IF Medusa was the main villain this time around, her lack of face time would still leave her less favored than Palutena. Especially considering Medusa Im sure had no personality in KIU, and Palutena obviously did.

Was Dark Pit even interesting?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I haven't played KIU, so I'll differ to the professionals about her personality

But from a dynamic character standpoint, I can't see why she wouldn't fit the interesting character bill.

Shortiecanbrawl said:
Which is probably why it's much easier for Sakurai to simply skip out on some villains, in favor of characters who have more "face time"
Hard to say since, if we're leading towards this category, there is a lot that of aspects to a character that would need to be demonstrated as to why they should be catered to over others.

But that's a superficial assertion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom