• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I want a Super Mario 3 airship stage for the next Smash.

Smooth Criminal
I had an idea for a new Mario stage called World 1 and it was similar to Mushroomy Kingdom - it is a horizontally sidescrolling stage. It was to be based on Super Mario All-Stars so it would have four different stages.

Super Mario Bros. - world 1-3
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels - world 1-1
Super Mario Bros. 2 - world 1-3 (just the first area)
Super Mario Bros. 3 - world 1 airship

The other Mario stages I hope to see in Smash 4 are:

Bowser's Castle - from Super Mario games in general
New Kingdom - from New Super Mario Bros. series, similar to Mushroom Kingdom from Smash 64 and Melee
Rainbow Road - from Mario Kart series
Starship Mario - from Super Mario Galaxy 2

Mr. Game & Watch's moveset references plenty of Game & Watch titles though. Also, don't forget about "Boxing".
That wasn't Mr. Game & Watch himself. That was Little Mac in Game & Watch style.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
@Golden Eff yes, I think his idle stance and walk should totally be in Other M all fours style. It gives him a more feral look. His dash should definitely involve his wings, though, like Charizard and Meta Knight.

I looooooove Other M (battling the haters is best left for another time), so Ridley having that appearance would be pretty awesome. I think he looks effing terrifying in that game.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
That wasn't Mr. Game & Watch himself. That was Little Mac in Game & Watch style.
Mr.GandW isn't always the same person,sometimes there are other person in a game and watch,and some have teeth and eyes,unlike smash's.

Mr.GandW himself is just a "mister",a random one,made like a game and watch character.

And his back areal is from mario bros.

@Ridley:his artwork looked better,if they take other m's as the default costume,i think they can just model him right.

[COLLAPSE="In game"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Artwork"]
[/COLLAPSE]

He should keep some of in game like the wings,though.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I had an idea for a new Mario stage called World 1 and it was similar to Mushroomy Kingdom - it is a horizontally sidescrolling stage. It was to be based on Super Mario All-Stars so it would have four different stages.

Super Mario Bros. - world 1-3
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels - world 1-1
Super Mario Bros. 2 - world 1-3 (just the first area)
Super Mario Bros. 3 - world 1 airship

The other Mario stages I hope to see in Smash 4 are:

Bowser's Castle - from Super Mario games in general
New Kingdom - from New Super Mario Bros. series, similar to Mushroom Kingdom from Smash 64 and Melee
Rainbow Road - from Mario Kart series
Starship Mario - from Super Mario Galaxy 2

Uh, no that was Luigi.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
I want a Super Mario 3 airship stage for the next Smash.

Smooth Criminal
Hellyeah!
And a Super Mario Galaxy stage would be cool!

Btw, I also wanted to share some other cool song suggestions for Smash 4...

Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Galaxy - Battlerock Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Bowser's Galaxy Generator
Paper Mario TTYD - Vs. Bowser

F-Zero
F-Zero X - Crazy Call At Cry (Guitar Cover)

Pokemon
Battle! Uxie / Mesprit / Azelf
Cynthia Battle (The original version is also good)

Mother/Earthbound
Earthbound - Pokey Means Business!
Mother 3 - Family Matters, 2nd Movement
Mother 3 - Ode to Ancestors, 8th Movement

Sonic The Hedgehog (if he's in Smash 4...)
Sonic & Knuckles - Flying Battery Zone Act 1 (Act 2 is also pretty good...)
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 - Mad Gear Zone Act 1 (The game isn't that great tbh...)

Random NES games
Ducktales - Moon theme (It's a shame that this song will probably never be added to Smash 4)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Cobalsh: Are you thinking of the Gameboy ports? Because it's only Luigi in the modern version, which star Mario characters.

D

Deleted member

@Golden Eff yes, I think his idle stance and walk should totally be in Other M all fours style. It gives him a more feral look. His dash should definitely involve his wings, though, like Charizard and Meta Knight.

I looooooove Other M (battling the haters is best left for another time), so Ridley having that appearance would be pretty awesome. I think he looks effing terrifying in that game.
I've also noticed that Ridley had a bit of a more "muscular" build compared to other games in Other M.
And he has almost everything to make a full moveset out of in Other M. ;)
(The rest can be filled out with Brawl and then other moves to fill some gaps)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I figure Ridley's slowest walking animation would have him walking sort of like he does in MP3. Just a slow, ACTUAL WALK. Walk a bit faster, and he'll have that "hop" in his walk, kind of like Pit's. His fastest "walking" animation would have him running on all fours, or maybe just using one arm to move with the other raised up as though ready to attack (that sounds IN-CHARACTER to me). His dash would just be of him flying slightly above ground.

JPW

Smash Ace
I hope we do not see the Wii U Pro Controller... (this is a long name. The gamepad and pro controller) pro controller facing a lawsuit by Microsoft. A company ended up filing a lawsuit against nintendo for the gamecube control stick design which stopped production for the longest time. While the button layout is completely different and redesigned, I still think someone in Microsoft could get around to filing a complaint about the mere shape of the controller.
Meanwhile we should have a look at the D-pad that is on all 3 controllers and ask ourselves where did that come from? OMG Nintendo was the first with the NES Controller.

I'm surprised how many people make such a big deal out of a controller. It's just a controller.

Who cares what it looks like or what it borrows. If it's that big of a problem why not have one ultimate controller and be done with it. At the end of the day it's just a device to help us play the latest games easier.

Also every controller comes from somewhere else.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
N-SAF FTW!

I didn't read the whole thing, but if you ask me, it would be hilarious to see N-SAF more as a comical character rather than serious, because I think it suits his name and appearance somewhat more.

these are very good examples:
"Up Taunt: Non-Specific Action Figure jumps in the air triumphantly but hurts his bad knee in the process of landing, causing him to cringe for a moment."
"Victory animation C: Non-Specific Action Figure smiles at the camera and says, “Maybe you should ask someone in the Miiverse for help.”"

A mix between Deadpool and Captain Falcon would be awesome! :D

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Well, now that I think about it, Ridley flying for his dash doesn't seem right... Ridley is the kind who kinda flaps his wings a lot, on account of how ragged they are. Allowing his dash to involve his wings would make him a bit more agile on the ground than I think he should be.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...I wonder if it would be too VIOLENT to have Ridley actually GRAB PEOPLE with his mouth. Just imagine doing a running grab then tossing an opponent behind you. I get the feeling Ridley would be portrayed as a sort of mindless, bloodthirsty beast of a character, so that would be fitting in that case.

It's just, his head is quite large, so he'd have to reach QUITE A WAYS to grab people. I'm not sure how practical that would be, depending on how he stands.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
...I wonder if it would be too VIOLENT to have Ridley actually GRAB PEOPLE with his mouth. Just imagine doing a running grab then tossing an opponent behind you. I get the feeling Ridley would be portrayed as a sort of mindless, bloodthirsty beast of a character, so that would be fitting in that case.

It's just, his head is quite large, so he'd have to reach QUITE A WAYS to grab people. I'm not sure how practical that would be, depending on how he stands.
Well if there's Wario biting and Snake strangling other characters, I think there shouldn't be a problem for Ridley...

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I think he could have a grabbing Side Special. He could swoop horizontally and stop when he grabs someone (sorta like Falcon/Ganondorf). Then maybe he could move around and even fly while holding the person. Then his four Specials could become a range of eight special throws (four in the air and four on the ground). The distance Ridley could fly with an opponent in his grasp would depend on the weight of the victim.

Bloodthirsty Ridley is the only Ridley.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Meanwhile we should have a look at the D-pad that is on all 3 controllers and ask ourselves where did that come from? OMG Nintendo was the first with the NES Controller.
Actually, if you look at every single non-Nintendo platform, none of them have ever had the cross shaped pad. Nintendo's had a patent on that design to appear only on its machines for years.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
...I wonder if it would be too VIOLENT to have Ridley actually GRAB PEOPLE with his mouth.
Maybe not grab with his mouth, but Ridley can grab the opponent with his large claws and bite the opponent as his pummel. Sort of like the Koopa Klaw attack from Melee.

King K. Rool could also do a similar bite pummel thing too.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well if there's Wario biting and Snake strangling other characters, I think there shouldn't be a problem for Ridley...
I know it sounds weird, but Ridley and Wario biting are different. They would be SEEN different. Because Ridley is scary and Wario is comical. I MEAN, it sounds dumb, but I'm pretty sure that's how it would be. Sakurai (independent of whatever the ESRB or whatever says) tries to convey a certain image of Smash, and a dragon... VERY OBVIOUSLY biting characters with SHARP TEETH (because I think Charizard may also bite people for his pummeling attack, but it's not really obvious) may go against that.

PROBABLY THINKING ABOUT IT TOO MUCH.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I know it sounds weird, but Ridley and Wario biting are different. They would be SEEN different. Because Ridley is scary and Wario is comical. I MEAN, it sounds dumb, but I'm pretty sure that's how it would be. Sakurai (independent of whatever the ESRB or whatever says) tries to convey a certain image of Smash, and a dragon... VERY OBVIOUSLY biting characters with SHARP TEETH (because I think Charizard may also bite people for his pummeling attack, but it's not really obvious) may go against that.

Charizard already grabs with his teeth. He even swings them around for a throw. So, what's the issue? It's not like Ridley's teeth are made of bullets :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
WELL I'm thinking of it like, the character would actually BE IN HIS MOUTH. Flailing around while they're being chewed on. I mean, his mouth is big enough to hold most characters in it.

At least it's a better argument against him than "he's too big."

I think having Ridley DROOL and having his tongue sticking out most of the time would also convey a bloodthirsty image.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Well it's certainly different from the "X isn't violent enough for Smash" business. In fact, it seems Ridley is too violent. I get what you're saying, but Sakurai would need to realize that having Ridley be a horrific creature would not only be true to his nature, and fun for Smash, but also it would be awesome.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I don't think that would be a problem. Both Bowser and Charizard have done it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
WELL I'm thinking of it like, the character would actually BE IN HIS MOUTH. Flailing around while they're being chewed on. I mean, his mouth is big enough to hold most characters in it.

At least it's a better argument against him than "he's too big."

I think having Ridley DROOL and having his tongue sticking out most of the time would also convey a bloodthirsty image.
Dangling in a zombie-like dragon's mouth isn't a bloodthirsty image?

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx

I know what you mean, that's why I mentioned Snake...
I personally think that strangling other characters could be somewhat more violent than a dragon biting, unless if Ridley rips others heads off, but we all know that he will never do that in Smash 4.

I also forgot to mention Bowser when he uses his forward special in Melee, he's also biting other characters and he doesn't really look as comical as Wario does and the game is still rated 3+ (PEGI).

But yeah, I think you're thinking too much...
Even if Ridley will be playable in Smash 4, WE still can't really decide how Ridley would work...
My point is, why bother so much? Post anything that you feel like! :)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude

Snake breaks necks and Bowser Took bites out of people's faces in Melee so I think it would be fitting. Besides, Ridley is a violent beast and portraying him as such as much as posible would be great for the sake of authenticity.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well it's certainly different from the "X isn't violent enough for Smash" business. In fact, it seems Ridley is too violent. I get what you're saying, but Sakurai would need to realize that having Ridley be a horrific creature would not only be true to his nature, and fun for Smash, but also it would be awesome.
Yeah, though it's not really a point AGAINST him I guess, since it's not anything that could bar his appearance. Sakurai would just tone it down, lol. Though, I've seen some Ridley fans say Ridley shouldn't be portrayed like that because he's said to be very intelligent. But while that's TRUE... that doesn't negate that HE IS BLOODTHIRSTY AND FIGHTS AS SUCH.

@Asage: "would also."

@Previous posts: YEP. Thinking too much.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Snake breaks necks and Bowser Took bites out of people's faces in Melee so I think it would be fitting. Besides, Ridley is a violent beast and portraying him as such as much as posible would be great for the sake of authenticity.
Agreed
I can't even understand why he didn't do that in Brawl...

Speaking of "being too big"...
King K. Rool...

(Other guy: size doesn't matter!)
Of course it does if we have a character called Donkey Kong. For me it would look strange (very strange) if K. Rool would be the same size as Donkey Kong.
Yes Bowser is smaller in SSB than he is in Mario games, but Mario is already a small character, so it doesn't look too weird when he's facing against Bowser.

That's however not the case between Donkey Kong and K.Rool. It would be better if Diddy Kong was facing against K.Rool, but removing Donkey would be a very stupid move...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think K. Rool will still look larger than Donkey Kong, since he stands upright and wears a crown (which I doubt would be part of his normal hurtbox).

It's funny, because DK and Samus are very near the same height in Brawl, and some argue that we can't have K. Rool and Ridley because DK and Samus are already some of the tallest characters.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Size isn't an excuse for omitting a character.

Kirby, and Meta Knight for that matter, are 8 inches (20cm) tall and Olimar is the size of a coin. Bowser can be as big as monuments in one game and as tall as Mario in other games. Zero Suit weighs as much as Pikachu whereas Snake outweighs Donkey Kong.

In the Smash universe the characters are "animated" collectible action figures (trophies if you will); there is no excuse for not finding a good reason to scale a character to a size/weight that would be proper for a playable character.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'd really like to crush Olimar with a simple step. That MU is soooooooooooooooo difficult with Pikachu and Mario. =/

D

Deleted member

N-SAF FTW!

I didn't read the whole thing, but if you ask me, it would be hilarious to see N-SAF more as a comical character rather than serious, because I think it suits his name and appearance somewhat more.

these are very good examples:
"Up Taunt: Non-Specific Action Figure jumps in the air triumphantly but hurts his bad knee in the process of landing, causing him to cringe for a moment."
"Victory animation C: Non-Specific Action Figure smiles at the camera and says, “Maybe you should ask someone in the Miiverse for help.”"

A mix between Deadpool and Captain Falcon would be awesome! :D
The irony is that if you look at his "Red Team" colors on the link, they made him with Deadpool's black and red color scheme. :awesome:

Also, Snake does more than strangle people. He snaps necks (or whatever, in cases of characters like Kirby, who have no necks, or Ivysaur, where Snake snaps the flower, IIRC). Giant scary dragon biting people isn't as bad as that. ;)
And then there's Giga Bowser in Melee with the Koopa Klaw biting...Imagine seeing that from his enemy's POV....*shudders* Ridley would be no different from that, in my opinion.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
I think K. Rool will still look larger than Donkey Kong, since he stands upright and wears a crown (which I doubt would be part of his normal hurtbox).

It's funny, because DK and Samus are very near the same height in Brawl, and some argue that we can't have K. Rool and Ridley because DK and Samus are already some of the tallest characters.
Don't get me wrong, I have no problems with both K.Rool and Ridley (I like these characters), but I just prefer them too be bosses rather than playable characters.

And if I had to choose one of them as playable, then I prefer Ridley over K.Rool
Because...
1. His body structure (his appearance) is more unique and interesting than K.Rool...
2. There's already 2 DK characters and only 1 Metroid character (not counting Zero Suit Samus), I rather want a new Metroid character...
3. I can see that Ridley's moveset is overall far more better and unique than K.Rool's

I'm honestly not sure what K.Rool can do if he was a playable, can he bring something new to the table?

How about moves based of his size and his status as 'king'? Well, we already got Dedede and Bowser which already does a pretty good job in this area...

Throwing Kremlings? Dedede already does that with Waddle Dees,
and throwing big Kremlings would just look silly... the only thing that I see him throw is Klap Traps... and that's about it...
However, if K.Rool was a boss, then this could work perfectly!

Using his body (size and weight) to attack? Both Bowser and Dedede does this already, and Bowser even has two moves (Flying Slam and Bowser Bomb)...

LOL, even Snorlax has more stuff to show than what K.Rool has :troll:

So if K.Rool will be added to Smash 4, then his moveset SHOULD be more or less based of how he works in DKC2. But I don't know...
He could do the stuff above, but I don't want him to turn into "just another clone"... that's why I have no problems with him being a boss...

If I want a Kremling, I would personally like to see Krusha as playable character, simply because his size is not a problem and a muscular crocodile with a brutal militarish moveset could work...
Just by looking at him in DK64 makes me think that he could actually work pretty well
Unfortunately I have to be realistic, he's not a popular character in DK series and I'm very annoyed by this

I'm sorry if I'm being negative, but this is my stupid opinion...
and sorry about my grammar, English is not my primary language :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom