• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I guess I am the minority when it comes to Star Successor. Oh well, does not stop me from enjoying it. :)

HThat's a nice mellow one. How about this one?
Best song for me is the boss music. The bass in that song is so good. If this song is not in the next Smash Bros I will be disappointed. Heck, if a Sin and Punishment stage is not there I will be severely disappointed.

Also, Sin and Punishment 2 had some great tracks too.

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Menu
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Anarchy
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Satellite Prison
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Morph
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - G5 Boss Theme 2

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Awh, Yani is gone? Why do I always miss these things? Anyone know why? I liked him :I

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Didn't you do a stage based on that NAVAL BATTLE stage? And then I guess you changed your mind to RUINED CITY or something?

Would totally prefer that Sea Skirmish Stage.

@Shorts: Isa is also a very poor dresser. Though I guess that was genetic too.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Didn't you do a stage based on that NAVAL BATTLE stage? And then I guess you changed your mind to RUINED CITY or something?

Would totally prefer that Sea Skirmish Stage.

@Shorts: Isa is also a very poor dresser. Though I guess that was genetic too.
I think Pieman did one a long time ago, or he just suggested it. I may have done one, not sure. Either way it is not one of my more official-ish concepts. Urban Ruins is what I want and prefer either way.

D

Deleted member

I wish I could keep on this discussion, but I don't know much about S&P.
All I know is, Saki 4 Smash.
That is all I have to say on that matter.

D

Deleted member

I know Roster discussion is typically frowned upon, but here is my latest Roster. Credit to Ariand/AEM.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I know Roster discussion is typically frowned upon, but here is my latest Roster. Credit to Ariand/AEM.
The roster is fine with the exception of Waluigi, Keldeo, and Hamtaro. Hamtaro is possibly the worst, he is not even a character that originated from video games.

D

Deleted member

You weren't around for the Hamtaro discussion quite a few pages back. Nintendo owns the IP when it comes to video games, and one of the games was even referenced in Brawl's Chronicle.
Plus, I needed a WTF character that was actually a WTF. Not like Diskun or Duck Hunt Dog.
The "had to originate on a video game" rule was only stated as a minimum requirement for 3rd Parties.

If it ends up really being a problem, I'll replace him with another WTF.

EDIT: Already, I have a backup with Karate Joe from Rhythm Heaven.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That reminds me, I'll have to make some time later this week to play S&P now that I have my Wii with me.
You definatly should. It's a very fun game. A little crazy, but defiantly fun.

But in seriousness, none of us would go that far. We understand that you support Impa, some people, as shown on your poll, do as well. However, bringing it up as much as you can/already do can get quite annoying for those who wish to discuss something else. Staying on/repeating the same topic all the time can get pretty boring as well.
It's no big deal. Diddy Kong is just Diddy Kong...........or not.

I guess I am the minority when it comes to Star Successor. Oh well, does not stop me from enjoying it. :)

Best song for me is the boss music. The bass in that song is so good. If this song is not in the next Smash Bros I will be disappointed. Heck, if a Sin and Punishment stage is not there I will be severely disappointed.

Also, Sin and Punishment 2 had some great tracks too.

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Menu
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Anarchy
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Satellite Prison
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Morph
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - G5 Boss Theme 2
Haven't listen to a lot of the second game's music. I'll have to go though it. Thanks for the links.

I think Pieman did one a long time ago, or he just suggested it. I may have done one, not sure. Either way it is not one of my more official-ish concepts. Urban Ruins is what I want and prefer either way.
Both would be good, but I like your Urban Ruin's one the best. Got a link to the concept (or post in the back room thread. Was kind of hoping that what that thread became).

My idea was always the elevator level.

Actually, Isa's face is not that bad, though his fashion sense is certainly "interesting", however, he loses points for his lousy taste in women.

I wonder if anyone will get this comment.
Ha. Good one. Should I post the video?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong is definitely the most notable female Nintendo character that is not yet playable in Smash Bros.

However, that reminds me of Palutena and Medusa. We seem to be only getting one new trailer for Uprising each week. When will we be getting those OVAs? We are basically a month away from release now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
what about kiddy kong and dixie kong as dou or "iceclimber" type characters? :|
I think Dixie would be fine on her own

:phone:
Same here. Besides, Kiddy really isn't all that memorable in the long run. And duo setups only really work if the two characters have the exact same moves, which is not the case with Dixie and Kiddy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie on her own is good, but damn it having Kiddy would rock after his absence for so long... He should at the very least get a trophy this time.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Dixie Kong is definitely the most notable female Nintendo character that is not yet playable in Smash Bros.

However, that reminds me of Palutena and Medusa. We seem to be only getting one new trailer for Uprising each week. When will we be getting those OVAs? We are basically a month away from release now.
From what I've heard, it's actually been confirmed ages that after the game's release, the OVA's would be released.

And I agree about Dixie Kong. Really wishing to see her appearing. (-lvl-) My times with DKC3 shall not be in vain...

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
...People are agreeing that Dixie should be on her own? Amazing.

Anyway, I have a good idea for Ghirihim's Final Smash. Y'know that tornado that starts Link's SS adventure? That could move horizontally across the stage and carry victims with it. Being a tornado, it has a very large height, so jumping over it is pointless. Its best to air dodge or sidestep. Air dodging gives you the best chance of avoiding it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Dixie and Medusa are my most wanted female candidates for Smash

Off-topic, but have y'all ever had one of those days where extreme nostalgia just won't escape your mind?

That's how I feel right now. The memories I had going on to the Smash 64/Melee site as a kid... with my Windows 98 OS and AOL dial-up connection :(

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I remember that Melee RPG-like website. You choose your character and sent challenges to people. It would record a match of say (luigi vs. Samus) and it whoever won the little recording got a win added to their win/loss ratio and gained some experience.

That made me go out and buy the game.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I remember learning about Smash 64 before the game was even released in Japan. I am not sure if there was anyone else here who followed the Smash Bros. series that early on. I think I even linked to the article of which I first heard Smash 64. I think perhaps from me following the series so early on that my perspective of which characters that are not playable yet are "notable" are different from those who got into the series at a later time.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chrono, I really want to imagine you as a world-seen man with sucha huge knowledge and memories of SSB's history.
(-'[]'-);

Maaan, how long you've been around...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've not been strictly observing the game, but I do remember that I knew about Smash Bros. before it was released. Mostly cause of local gaming magazines, but I wasn't as much interested in it as DK64. And when I first played it I was kinda disappointed Diddy wasn't in. Eventualy I got the game cause I wanted to play as Pikachu pretty badly. And I figured I had to wait for DK64 anyway...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Haven't listen to a lot of the second game's music. I'll have to go though it. Thanks for the links.
You should, while there may be aspects you don't like about Star Successor the music shouldn't be one of them. Sin and Punishment 2 has one of the best soundtracks on the Wii. The sometimes Jazz Fusion, sometimes Techno, sometimes Rock combination is absolutely phenomenal. Here are some other good tracks:

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Discipline
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Urban Ruins
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Ethereal Forest
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - War
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Satellite

Both would be good, but I like your Urban Ruin's one the best. Got a link to the concept (or post in the back room thread. Was kind of hoping that what that thread became).
I'll post it in the back room. Originally I did not want to spam my concepts back there, but if I have the go ahead now then I will share some. :o

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Brawl's name was always predicted right by just about everyone. Though I think this time it'll be either Revolution or Mayhem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom