• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
How about naming both the 3DS and Wii U versions Super Smash Brother and Super Smash Sister; it would reference the "brotherly relationship"/interconnectivity between the two games

Ok, maybe not lol

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL I'm nowhere near done, I know like 200 Kanji. I use my book for the rest. I got grammar done for the most part but I need to work on my vocab.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This is real sweet but some moves look unfitting. Some of the flashier moves (which they did an awesome job at!) are hard to make out of which move it is... Definitely did they do a great job, cause some of the animations are really smooth and clever, and very creative. Kinda brings back my hype for Isaac. The B moves and grabs are really great as well as Djinn usage. Can't wait to see how they finish that project.

:phone:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Would anyone else here smile if ALL of the cut Melee characters were brought back?

However, that would possibly exclude Young Link, since Toon Link is more of a design change than an entirely new character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As long as it didn't leave other, arguably more wanted/needed, characters out, I'd be fine with it. However, if say, Ridley, was discovered in Beta as a dropped character, and Pichu made it back, I'd be a bit mad.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Didn't Sakurai say that characters would definitely be cut WAY BEFORE Sonic was ever planned.

He knew some characters in Melee did not belong.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Didn't Sakurai say that characters would definitely be cut WAY BEFORE Sonic was ever planned.

He knew some characters in Melee did not belong.
Yeah, Young Link and Pichu, who he planned on replacing with Toon Link and Plusle & Minun. Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario were all planned to return at some point in Brawl's development.

Really, the only two characters he was sure about cutting were Young Link and Pichu.

Also fun fact: The first character request that Sakurai responded to was for Young Link (basically, a Japanese Smash Bros. fan asked Sakurai if Young Link would return in Smash 4).

Sakurai's response to this was that he had not yet given any thought in regards to which characters would be in Smash 4. Just from the get-go he got a request for a cut Melee character, and one that is probably the least missed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Young Link and Toon Link aren't much different per se but the few changes they did apply changed a lot of their overall feel. The physics really help with this to...

Am definitely not excited by the thought of Dr.Mario back, but I guess he could indeed work for a 6th Mario rep. I'd take him over Waluigi any day.

Mewtwo is the only one I'm pumped for to see return. He just felt awesome to play with in Melee despite weaknesses that felt like awkward nerfs. It's like they intended his combo play to be very great, but it felt they had to cut down weight, priority and range a lot to balance him. Just hope they don't hold back with him this time and bring some new B moves that are interesting (anything awesome could work) and make use of offensive teleporting! I dunno why but I have a hunch they knew they made Mewtwo fail in the final product of Melee and thus where not really planning on bringing him back, cause he feels just MADE especially for Melee's physics. You know?

Feel like they thought Lucario would make a good replacement therefore cause they could make him fit in better with expanding on weaknesses Mewtwo had. Extended range, heavier weight (plus much smaller frame), better priority but similar jumps and speed. Plus they added in a new special thing as an ability to him specifically.

It's like they needed him to stand out for the lack of Mewtwo being anything like that ,therefore I like the idea of him having Pressure. If Lucario comes back and Mewtwo is also in, I suspect Lucario wouldn't have the Aura ability and would just play as if with medium damage, maybe stronger on some moves.

Also, if Roy comes back that might mean no Ike. So I'm kinda not too excited for him, but think that Krom would fill in his place. Roy could then be a sort in between Marth / Ike, and Krom would maybe a bit of a personalized Ike. New Side B, New Up B, different effect of neutral B... And its done. My prediction on Fire Emblem: Marth, Krom, Roy in a style something like this, and am not too sure if I'm excited about it. Probably not.

But anyway, since this might be the last Smash anyways, I guess they are just gonna build on characters like this. Many fan favorites came in this sort of replacing kinda style. Toon Link, Lucario and Ike especially. They got requested a lot by fans in a similar and in 2 cases even significantly more than their precedesors. You can't say Toon Link isn't more popular than Young Link, and Ike was happily requested to after Melee helped introduce Fire Emblem. Lucario just had a huge fanbase, much like Mewtwo had. I guess they really at a point thought that those characters would make good replacements.

Hence my thought also on some characters...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm still skeptical that Doc and Plusle & Minun were actually planned for Brawl

Oh, and that Young Link bit was pretty interesting, Chrono

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
LOL I'm nowhere near done, I know like 200 Kanji. I use my book for the rest. I got grammar done for the most part but I need to work on my vocab.
I'm jealous, I probably won't be done with grammer for quite a while. :p

Would anyone else here smile if ALL of the cut Melee characters were brought back?

However, that would possibly exclude Young Link, since Toon Link is more of a design change than an entirely new character.
I'd be happy, however, Young/Toon Link are pretty much the same thing IMO, so having them both is something that I'd perfer not to happen.

Also fun fact: The first character request that Sakurai responded to was for Young Link (basically, a Japanese Smash Bros. fan asked Sakurai if Young Link would return in Smash 4).

Sakurai's response to this was that he had not yet given any thought in regards to which characters would be in Smash 4. Just from the get-go he got a request for a cut Melee character, and one that is probably the least missed.
Weird. But where did you here that from?

BTW anyone else think that Toon/Young should get an alt of the one who doesn't make it?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You should, while there may be aspects you don't like about Star Successor the music shouldn't be one of them. Sin and Punishment 2 has one of the best soundtracks on the Wii. The sometimes Jazz Fusion, sometimes Techno, sometimes Rock combination is absolutely phenomenal. Here are some other good tracks:

Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Discipline
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Urban Ruins
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Ethereal Forest
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - War
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - Satellite
Oh no, I have no problem with the soundtrack. It's awesome.

I'll post it in the back room. Originally I did not want to spam my concepts back there, but if I have the go ahead now then I will share some. :o
Kind of hoping you did that. It is a stage discussion after all

Wasn't Brawl, X, meant to be called "cross?" Thought I remembered reading that.

DX was supposed to mean DELUXE.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it was meant to be called X, just it was said that IT WAS CHOSEN AS A NAME because it visually represents the crossing over of STUFF. I think specifically Snake was mentioned, since having him in Smash meant the crossing over of non-Nintendo universes.
Yeah, pretty much. It was X because of crossing with Snake, but I'm sure there were other reasons too.

I'd be down with it. Especially Dr. Mario.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That's ****ing awesome. Next up: Victini.
Hopefully.

Also, on Victini, he has 11 Yes for wants as a newcomer and 2 No for wants as a new character. I don't see some of you guys voting. Vote now.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@try
Toon and young link are as similar as toon and adult link =\.

@chrono
Wasn't G&W supposed to be cut too? Or was that just misguided fan speculation?

@diddy
I agree some moves don't fit him but a lot of it is really well done. It's especially impressive when you consider this is his/her first real Psa attempt.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
@try
Toon and young link are as similar as toon and adult link =\.

@chrono
Wasn't G&W supposed to be cut too? Or was that just misguided fan speculation?

@diddy
I agree some moves don't fit him but a lot of it is really well done. It's especially impressive when you consider this is his/her first real Psa attempt.

Probably fan speculation why would G&W be cut?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately, I can't seem to get Rosalina out of my mind. I guess doing Mario Kart 7 a lot has really influenced my interests in her. Heck, I even had a dream where she was an actual fighter in Smash 4.

Sadly, I'm pretty much aware that Rosalina's inclusion isn't exactly great.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Speaking of Mario Kart, I have SUCH a hankering to play Mario Kart... But everyone plays that new Mario Kart... Is it any good? *Closes eyes and hopes the nuclear fanbomb doesn't blow*

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Speaking of Mario Kart, I have SUCH a hankering to play Mario Kart... But everyone plays that new Mario Kart... Is it any good? *Closes eyes and hopes the nuclear fanbomb doesn't blow*
It's really quite good and I would highly recommend it, but if you have anymore questions about it, I would recommend taking it the backroom, MK thread, or the 3D thread, as to stay on topic.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's really quite good and I would highly recommend it, but if you have anymore questions about it, I would recommend taking it the backroom, MK thread, or the 3D thread, as to stay on topic.
I just wanted to know if it's worth gettin'. No worries ;)

So, Victini's got alot of supporters, here. That's good, cause this improves Victini's chances. Remember: Victory over Illusions.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It really means absolutely nothing.
This is one of the reasons why I think you're funny. I don't think you realize what Popularity means. Sure, it's only 12, but that's just here. I'm still working on the other sites, which'll be done sometime in March.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
When you get 13 supporters, it will still mean absolutely nothing.

14 is, strangely enough, instant confirmation.

But if you get 15 or more, dang, back to absolutely nothing.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
When you get 13 supporters, it will still mean absolutely nothing.

14 is, strangely enough, instant confirmation.

But if you get 15 or more, dang, back to absolutely nothing.
Elaborate, because I don't understand your logic, here.

If Mewtwo wasn't popular, he wouldn't of been planned for SSBB. I rest my case. Tbh, that's obvious knowledge.

Idk if you're even being serious Lol

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I prefer Diddy's Impa talk over your Victini talk by a mile.

New topic:
I asked this in the BR, but I figured I'd ask it here. What are your opinions on making projectiles (not things like bombs or turnips) have a stronger presence in the game. Right now, the only projectile I can think of that's prominent in Brawl is Falco's laser.

Making projectiles stronger doesn't mean that the game gets more campy. That has to do more with the game's design than anything else. I'd like to see projectiles used more as stage control/zoning tools, but can't use them on their own to make the kill.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ridley didn't win SSBF's little game thing.

Guess that means he won't be in.
Which is probably correct. Popularity, Relevance, and worth. All characters are supported by this, and I'll prove it, too.

Let's take Ice Climbers. They're very popular to the Smash community, and are worthful due to being the Original 12.

@Kuma I might want to ask, then. Why has no one except you wanted me to stop talking about Victini? If you want, I'll stop. It makes NO difference to me, Lol

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just like those miniscule amount of votes don't make a damn difference for "support".

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's funny, because we both find each other so mutually ridiculous, lol.

But I mean, a presence on a forum doesn't mean anything. Mach Rider is really popular on the boards for some reason. If you would STEP BACK though, he's virtually unknown. No one cared about Victini until SSBF brought it up because he didn't like Zoroark because he thought Zoroark meant Mewtwo wouldn't get in. So he got a FEW people to like the idea of Victini. It means absolutely nothing.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
At best, you can get a grassroots thing going, spreading the idea by word of mouth.

It's great to dream and all, but don't get your hopes up. Do I think it would be cool if most of my ideas were in the next Smash? Yes, but I'm not expecting it either.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's funny, because we both find each other so mutually ridiculous, lol.

But I mean, a presence on a forum doesn't mean anything. Mach Rider is really popular on the boards for some reason. If you would STEP BACK though, he's virtually unknown. No one cared about Victini until SSBF brought it up because he didn't like Zoroark because he thought Zoroark meant Mewtwo wouldn't get in. So he got a FEW people to like the idea of Victini. It means absolutely nothing.
I'm not following SSBF because he quit. He couldn't prove it enough. His feelings toward the matter were out of hatred rather truth. SSBF's impact is nothing towards what I've been doing in the last few months. Like I said, one step at a time. We're at crunch time for SSB4, so, I got time to prove my theory that Victini needs to get in. My translation of my essay will be done soon, once I'm done with the actual essay Lol

I did notice once SSBF left, people started hating Victini... That means they weren't going for truth or what they wanted. Which is why I'm not going to be the shepard of a herd. I'm going to actually make a difference with Victini's ability to be a playable character, or leave trying.

@Kuma Which is why you must try to get people to vote for your idea. I'm not saying Victini's comfirmed out of 12 voters. I'm saying it raises hope.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You're not special, Asage.
Who said I was? Cause I'd like to hit them, then.

It's okay, you're just two people. That's why I don't care what ya'll's saying. Obviously there's more than that, but I'll get people to understand one way or another.

So, I'm guessing no Victini discussion here? Cool, cool. It's fine. I'll hold my word to it: No more Victini, as with Impa.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is it more fun for you if you MAKE BELIEVE that you're doing this AGAINST ALL ODDS. WHEN NO ONE BELIEVED YOU COULD. Or something.

Most people are just indifferent towards Victini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom