• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You know, I'm looking at a couple of Brawl tutorials and I noticed something. This game has a similar problem to Street Fighter IV in that low level play sucks, though at least high level SF4 is very good. Maybe that's one reason why I liked Melee more.
Low level play is bad until they make an upset on a mid-level player. Mid through Top is where it's at if you are looking for fun.

No, it's called I was tired from calculating everything and did not feel like counting all the ties and doing the placement myself. I wrapped a list tag around the groups and left it at that.
So you mad doe :smirk:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Low level play is bad until they make an upset on a mid-level player. Mid through Top is where it's at if you are looking for fun.
It's amazing how much of a difference game speed can make for low level play, huh? Both those games are "slow", but look at Melee and SFxTK and you see a considerably faster pace, even if frame data is very similar.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
A new Uprising trailer just came out, and it actually has some Medusa fight footage in it.

Looks like Ridley's size isn't the size we should be worried about. :troll:

Also looks like a new possible Final Smash for Pit.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Did Medusa just use a hammer.

Also I'm not sure what you were going on about Star, but Phaaze should be higher than Skytown and that's just a fact.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Probably fan speculation why would G&W be cut?
Yea I looked into it a little more it was just a rumor

Additions and removals of characters
At one point shortly after Brawl's announcement, a rumor began floating around that in a radio interview, Masahiro Sakurai confirmed that Ridley, a cel-shaded Link (Toon Link), and Bowser, Jr. would be playable characters. Coinciding with this was the rumor of Young Link, Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game & Watch being dropped. This was proven to be mostly false, though Toon Link does replace Young Link, and Ridley and Bowser Jr. do appear in the game (though as a boss and a trophy and sticker respectively, although Ridley has unfinished Assist Trophy data on the game disc).
:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Y'know, if Mach Rider was actually in the game, and the trailer follows the "pattern" of introducing a new retro character, I bet he would be the best pick since Takamaru would be relatively unknown to anyone in the west and Little Mac isn't exactly popular in Japanland. ALSOOO: His exploding and reforming ability would look sooo cooooool with HD graphics and junk. They'll totally be wanting to show that off.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, if Mach Rider was actually in the game, and the trailer follows the "pattern" of introducing a new retro character, I bet he would be the best pick since Takamaru would be relatively unknown to anyone in the west and Little Mac isn't exactly popular in Japanland. ALSOOO: His exploding and reforming ability would look sooo cooooool with HD graphics and junk. They'll totally be wanting to show that off.
Also, Mac isn't Retro anymore due to the Wii game, and Takamaru isn't as shock-worthy due to appearing in Samurai Warriors 3.

So Mach Rider would be the best for shock value as well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Muddy. Mole. Just him popping up out of pure HD ground with HD fur with his HD Sunglasses that have an HD Sparkle while wearing an HD necktie.

HD.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
HD graphics... Forgot about that. Tbh, I don't care how the game looks, so long as it isn't lower than SSBB's graphics, which were awesome.

I was thinking about music, and I got a question. What songs should be fused with another song to make a remixed song? Like Gym Leader/Evolution, or VS Marx?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No, it's called I was tired from calculating everything and did not feel like counting all the ties and doing the placement myself. I wrapped a list tag around the groups and left it at that.
Wait, are you two talking about your stage results? *goes back and looks for them*

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I know I said I wouldn't talk about Victini anymore, but I need someone to rate my 1st essay, covering the assumptions of Pokemon character choosing. Go to my Blog to read it. I don't think this essay, however, is good. I made it real quick, so it's just a rough draft. I just want some advice before I write the final copy.

Click here to go to my VVV Blog. You'll find a drop menu that says Victini Essay. Click that. Also, comment/rate there, please.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Also, Mac isn't Retro anymore due to the Wii game, and Takamaru isn't as shock-worthy due to appearing in Samurai Warriors 3.

So Mach Rider would be the best for shock value as well.
MacTak aren't getting requests because of their newer appearances. IN THE HEARTS OF THEIR FANS, I'm sure they're still thought of as old classics. I would lump them into the retro category if they appeared in the trailer, like Ice Climbers and Pit.

I don't think shock has any real value when it comes to character selection, but for a trailer reveal... I dunno. Wouldn't FAN FAVORITE amount to more than WHO IS THIS GUY?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Faron Woods​

[COLLAPSE="Pictures"]

[/COLLAPSE]

~This is pretty much as far as I’ve played through SS, and from what I’ve seen of the other levels, this area is my favorite, no other reasoning behind choosing this area.~
The stage itself has two solid pieces of ground on either side, with two floating masses, and a breakable tight rope. The things that I remembered most about Faron woods were: The Big Tree, The Temple, the large roots, and vine tight ropes. All of these aspects are incorporated somehow into this level. The big tree is in the close background, and is actually those grey outlines. It’s offering what those two floating islands are connected to. Like in the SS, you have the ability to battle on these. The temple is seen in the upper right background, and the lower right circular mass is one of those large roots I was talking about. Lastly in the center of the stage is the night rope. You cannot FALL OFF the tight rope, but it the pieces of land where the ropes are being held up by take too much damage, they will crumble and the rope will fall. After a minute or two it does rejuvenate though. The lush, green bustling forest that is the Faron Woods is now at your disposal in SSB4!

Stage music:
Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword Faron Woods
Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword The Sky
Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword Lord Ghirahim / Battle Ghirhim Medley
Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword Main Theme
Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword Fi's Theme
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Zelda's Lullaby
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Skyloft
Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword Lanaryu Desert
Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time Kokiri Forest
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Hyrule Field
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Faron Woods
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask Deku Place

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I like the stage concept, personally I would have chosen this song instead of the Twilight version of Faron Woods, but that is just me. Overall I like it. Stage is very straight forward.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Wow. I missed 35 pages while I was at my dad's house this weekend. So, um... What'd I miss?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Did Medusa just use a hammer.
OBJECTION OVERRULED!

Yeah, it's the other mechniacs that make it fast.
Indeed. Just compare Guilty Gear to BlazBlue if you have the time. Speaking of which, I'm just happy that even though BlazBlue was meant to be GG's spiritual successor, it has its own identity while appealing to a newbie audience. This way, Guilty Gear wasn't put in danger of being scrubified.

BTW, Shortie, what do you think of the character designs in Guilty Gear?

HD graphics... Forgot about that. Tbh, I don't care how the game looks, so long as it isn't lower than SSBB's graphics, which were awesome.
No they weren't. The graphics were really cheap in some places. All the furry characters lack detail in their fur aside from the drawn on lines (compare them to Starfox Adventures to see what I mean). Then there's Peach's dress which is just lazy in detail animation.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Stage is very straight forward.
*gigglesnort* You hear that, Shorts... Did something Straight for once.

@Kuma: Don't forget the Pokemon using N64 models, lol. Oh, and Distant Planet.

The prospect of an actual lighting system has me really excited for some reason, lol.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't forget the assist trophies and pikmin looking like something out of the Dreamcast.

And Mario needs to smile next game dammit. I can't recall a single moment where he smiled. Was he mad at Sakurai for making a ****ty game or what? Mario should smile like Dee Jay. JUST. LIKE. DEE JAY.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Uhm, from what I've seem of Guilty Gear, it's kind of a less OVER THE TOP BlaBlue in terms of character designs. Mind you, I havent seen much. Except for that Shota boy. He's got clover beat by a mile.

But yeah, what I've seen is good, but it's not quite as extravagant as Blazblue. Almost every character has an awesome outfit design. Mu and Lambda are these beautfiul robot women, Clover and Nirvana have this sophisticated playfullness about their clothing/design, and Platinum has that cutesy oversized weapon on a small person thing. Just, the outfits/characters looks like something I would have thought up in another life, so I'm totally drawn to it. It's everything I like about anime, in a fighting game. But yeah, from what I've seen of GG, it's cool, no character has really STUCK OUT to me yet. But I havent seen much.

@HOasis HAY, I kissed girls before! I've probably kissed more girls than guys. hehe :3

I can count up how many guys I've kissed, I can't do that for the girls though. That says SOMETHING about my Straightness

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Shortie, if you like Platinum, you may like her pirate counterpart in terms of design, May.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
She's one of the characters I saw that I really liked, besides Bridgett, but it's not everyday you see a crossdressing boy in a fighting game, so, go figure. There were others I liked, like Dizzy, Jam, and Baiken.

But I think May and Bridget are my favorite designs.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Cool. Look up I-No while you're at it. She's the precursor to Hazama.

Back on topic, I just watched some of the SSE cutscenes. Even the graphics there are ugly. They like slightly enhanced models with better lighting.

Please, please, let there be sense of art style in the next game.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I'm in the progress of making a Steam group for Beedle the shopkeeper to be in the next game.

If they really are looking at putting Slimes and Pokemon nobody cares about, (If! Keyword: IF!) then I think they can afford to put him or Tingle in the next game.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I'm in the progress of making a Steam group for Beedle the shopkeeper to be in the next game.

If they really are looking at putting Slimes and Pokemon nobody cares about, (If! Keyword: IF!) then I think they can afford to put him or Tingle in the next game.
ANY Pokemon > Tingle/Beedle

Yes, even Dunsparce and Stunfisk.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Cool. Look up I-No while you're at it. She's the precursor to Hazama.

Back on topic, I just watched some of the SSE cutscenes. Even the graphics there are ugly. They like slightly enhanced models with better lighting.

Please, please, let there be sense of art style in the next game.
There was an art style. Saakurai says:

Sakurai discussed Brawl's visual style, and noted that in every Smash Bros. title to date, there was an issue of making the characters look appropriate next to one another, and trying to find ways to scale them in such a way that it made sense. The size and shape of Lucas versus the Pokemon Trainer, for example, illustrates that disparity; Lucas is shorter, but his head makes up some 30% of his total height.

Additionally, Sakurai wanted to bring an enhanced level of detail to previously established character models to unify design across the roster. He compared Nintendo's standard model of Mario -- a cartoony, bright, colorful 3D rendering that we're all familiar with -- with his portrayal in Brawl, which has a much deeper level of detail. All the characters had to feel the same, even if they were radically different in fundamental design -- for that reason, detailing characters was crucial.

"If you had Bugs Bunny fighting a photorealistic character," Sakurai noted, "the result would be awkward."
Sakurai went for a uniform look in order to make everyone who all had different styles look right standing next to one another.

Now I'm sure you listen to this Kuma, but seeing as you have talked about every game that isn't Smash in the last three post, then I'd recommend looking more into Smash. You have to remember that Smash has it's own unique flavor which is why people love it. They are not looking for a flavor found in another game and they aren't hankering for what the other games offer. You'll grow wiser understanding why people are going towards Smash. Maybe even make yourself very rich one day.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I think he was making a joke, but I did not catch it until now.

Either way the highest voted Metroid Prime locale is Phendrana Drifts.
You know that seems sort of silly, since the place is generally popular because of its music rather than anything else. Still if you had Phandrana as a stage, you'd pretty much have to have the music. :p

Still, there are some good locations in Phandrana, since the place has a lot of different locations in it....and there are a bunch of other good places to go with in the rest of Metroid Prime...and in the whole Metroid Prime series....and in the whole Metroid series.

Really now, in my humble opinion, the Metroid series has the best set of locations for various stages. Its a shame we'll only get two new at the most. Its also a shame that we seem to be perpetually stuck with lava.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was just trying to figure out what is wrong with Black and White. I just can't get into it.

The last generation, Diamond and Pearl, had my interest for a long time. I even remember this one time I pulled it out for a second while smashed at a bar because it was time to harvest my berries.

I as totally into that game.

Is it the designs of the pokemon, the story, or what.

Either way, I find this the least interesting pokemon generation

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nsider has given me a new appreciation for this place. No matter how insufferable it can become here this thread pales in comparison to Nsider. Ick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom