• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There is no law saying that a SSB title HAS to have a synonym of "Fight" as Sakurai can simply get rid of this formula. Some titles I like include Universe and Strife. And since Sakurai is planning to make the Wii U version different from the 3DS version, I have strong belief that each will have its own title.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Melee is already X
EDIT:... Or brawl like ^^^ said? I dunno I just know one is X and the other is DX

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly the reason to call it X internationally I say. Favorite names so far: Revolution, X, Mayhem, Universe... I'm pretty sure it'll be something like that to.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Brawl is X I'm sure this time because we had some japanese brawl copies at the tourney yesterday. Melee is dx.

I don't think x will become something international.

*in japan* super smash bros. X "Nani?? X again? Didn't that release 7 years ago???"

Yeahh

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If they named it Universe, then you know there's gonna be a bunch of idiots that're gonna be like, "HOLY CRAP THE UNIVERSE RUMOR REALLY WAS TRUE". lol

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Gibbs said there's no such thing as coincidences.
Still no one like ssb brouhaha?

And yea iblis, I checked Wikipedia and brawl is X

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The naming could be coincidental, though

Besides, like Iblis said, the name might turn out to be true but not the roster

No, there are no coincidences to that degree. You have a tentative name, and you have a final name. Given the precedents set by the other games there is no logical reason to have such a big coincidence.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Ugh... stupid BlackBerry messing up again... anyway, I still don't see how the rumor is automatically gonna be proven legit just because one element of the leak matches up with what's confirmed

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Wii U: Super Smash Bros. Universe
3DS: Super Smash Bros. Dimensions

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wasn't Brawl, X, meant to be called "cross?" Thought I remembered reading that.

DX was supposed to mean DELUXE.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it was meant to be called X, just it was said that IT WAS CHOSEN AS A NAME because it visually represents the crossing over of STUFF. I think specifically Snake was mentioned, since having him in Smash meant the crossing over of non-Nintendo universes.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The name is the least important I feel though...

Kinda noticed today that I felt Brawl felt a lot more balanced than Melee did. With exception of the likes of Meta Knight, Ganondorf and some stupid stuff as infinite chain grabs and Ness / Lucas being screwed over I feel there's a much less imbalance between all the tiers than in Melee.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just to make sure everyone is clear on the Japanese titles, here they are:

Super Smash Bros. = Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers
Super Smash Bros. Melee = Dairantou Smash Brothers DX
Super Smash Bros. Brawl = Dairantou Smash Bros. X

Dairantou translates to "Great Melee" fyi.

And I agree with Diddy that the title isn't all that important right now and I really don't care what Nintendo decides to call these games. Plus 4 is good for now especially that there are no solid details on the games.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wario Bros...you speak Japanese? It'd be nice to have a partner when they ask me to translate haha

Heck no, I just took them from a site to give my point. Heck I'm still trying to get the right translation name for Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western (I'm collecting the Japanese names of all characters I want in the game just in case a Japanese-only poll pops up like when Brawl was being made and collecting over 30 of them plus the 64/M/B cast was a major pain). So far, the best I'm getting for Dillon is 主人公がアルマジロ

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Dillon's Japanese name is Jiro.
I know that much but I meant I'm looking for the Kanji version of the name. What I have translates into "the Armadillo hero" (主人公 means hero of an item/noun/title you put next to it) and, if I recall correctly, Jīrō (ヒーロー) is Japanese for hero (and I don't know if Jiro's name is the same as the Japanese word for hero).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
*walks in* Sup?

Just got that Legend of Zelda: Four Swords 25th Anny version free for 3DS wifi holders. My... god... I didn't even know they were just giving away gold on there. I should check in that more XD

Anyways, I'm going to be hosting the BryaBrawl Tourny here in Burdett soon. Sign uppers for the BryaClub only, matches will be 3 stock, no items, Smashville. 6 people are battling, so once the tournies done, I'll be back. It'll happen either today or next Saturday, depending on the weather. So, if I'm gone for awhile longer, you know why, so if anything big happens, could one of you PM me the details, please?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
That Kanji basically says Shonin Armadillo Jiro

In other words "The Great Armadillo Jiro" and Wario Bros, what that katakana you have says Hiiroo. If you want Jiiroo it's this ジーロー

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just got that Legend of Zelda: Four Swords 25th Anny version free for 3DS wifi holders. My... god... I didn't even know they were just giving away gold on there. I should check in that more XD
Good thing you got it now since Nintendo will be taking it off the eShop/DSiWare Shop (possibly forever) this Tuesday (the day after Zelda 1 was released in Japan back in '86). And yes, it's an amazing game.

That Kanji basically says Shonin Armadillo Jiro

In other words "The Great Armadillo Jiro" and Wario Bros, what that katakana you have says Hiiroo. If you want Jiiroo it's this ジーロー
Thanks. Also, 主人公, from official Nintendo of Japan translations, is used for the Japanese names of the stars of Balloon Fight (バルーンファイトの主人公) and Animal Crossing (どうぶつの森の主人公) since they have no real names which could mean I might be on the right track.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
They are all great people or higher up, it's a rough translation. Kinda like a saint...no...hm...like someone you admire.

You get what I'm trying to say?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, I get it. Now that I got Dillon's name, I can finally rest on the Japanese.

Speaking of which, Dillon's Rolling Western is hitting Europe's eShop this Thursday. Too bad I'm North American but I've noticed that 9 out of the 11 3DS download titles Nintendo has released (excluding VC) have been released on the exact same day in both regions which gives me much hope that NA might get it this Thursday too. That game is currently my most anticipated download game on the eShop and I'm gonna get day one. Anyone else getting it?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ugh... stupid BlackBerry messing up again... anyway, I still don't see how the rumor is automatically gonna be proven legit just because one element of the leak matches up with what's confirmed

Not trying to debate this, because I am pretty sure all leaks at this point and time is false. None the less the name is not some tiny little coincidence that can be brushed off, hypothetically. We have seen three leaks, supposedly, which have all shown the title to be universe. That is not something that could be swept away as purely coincidental. You would have to look at the evidence in light of everything else.

Either way it is still more than likely false.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Eh? Wii U. Universe.

It's just the most obvious thing for someone to name their "leak". Especially since the other two had to come after the first leak that used Universe as a name. It just stuck.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh, btw on the matter of Japanese reading, I've been learning how to translate it. It's much more useful than I thought, besides wondering whatever Sakurai's saying.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Yeah, I get it. Now that I got Dillon's name, I can finally rest on the Japanese.

Speaking of which, Dillon's Rolling Western is hitting Europe's eShop this Thursday. Too bad I'm North American but I've noticed that 9 out of the 11 3DS download titles Nintendo has released (excluding VC) have been released on the exact same day in both regions which gives me much hope that NA might get it this Thursday too. That game is currently my most anticipated download game on the eShop and I'm gonna get day one. Anyone else getting it?
I'm mad I missed that bit of info. I've been constantly checking for an update on that game for a while now and found negligible tidbits. Fingers crossed it does hit the states this week.

Should have been in brawl from the beginning

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was gonna ban myself from this thread, but I guess holding back is better than going to the extreme end.

You know Hiragana, Katakana, and the 2,000 basic Kanji?
How long did that take you? One of these days, I wanna be trilingual in English, Spanish, and Japanese. Wouldn't mind getting Mandarin Chinese under my belt, but it seems like you have to be born in that. Oh well, I could always try watch shows in that language, trying to do a cheaper take on Rosetta Stone.

On Rolling Western, I wish I could download it myself, but my campus doesn't grant the 3DS and Wii wifi access. I've been wanting to play this game for quite some time.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You know Hiragana, Katakana, and the 2,000 basic Kanji?
I know Hiragana, Katakana, and around 80 Kanji. :3

Cool video, but I'm not sure if that's how I invisioned him playing out.

I was gonna ban myself from this thread, but I guess holding back is better than going to the extreme end.
I've been trying to do the same for the past few days as well. But then again I've also been rather busy since I went on winter break for the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom