• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis: Indeeeed. But like anything is obeying laws of common sense after years of so called 'apocalypse'.

^_(-=^l-)_^

Now taking Chrono's iconic banter here now: Where da heck are my Kid Icarus-shorts?
(-ò_ó-)*

And are we still against SSB4 getting same treatment of having prerelease animated shorts?
I'd really want to think how great they would be if being done right.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
For a moment, I thought that smiley was supposed to represent one smiley being ganged up on by two other smilies from behind. As though you were saying that is appropriate after an apocalypse.

ALSO, those asking for Isa as Saki's alt costume really just don't understand.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I am thinking now, was there even a confirmation that the Kid Icarus Uprising OVAs would be released outside Japan?
There isn't any comfirmation yet, but I'm 98% certain they'll be released outside of Japan, since these were made to advertise the game, and outerstates of Japan aren't anymore alienated by anime-based stuff like back in 90's.

D

Deleted member

Let me get this straight...Saki in his Ruffian form appears in S&P2?

[/hasn'tplayedeithergame]

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Airan's hand appears too. :V

(both in a flashback)

A five-year old Isa appears in the first game, too.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sin and Punishment is the kind of game that will sell poorly regardless. I'm sure the rivers of blood and multiple earths aren't helping. It just is a niche game.

Now, why I didn't like Star Successor? For one, the game sometimes feels like a bullet hell with so much crap coming at you. I remember the end of Level 6 to be really bad. But, I could just suck so who knows. The other thing were levels were long as hell. It made going for a high score not as fun since dying meant your score goes to 0. From there, it's that the story was ridiculous. It's hard to even know what's going on unless you go to Wikipedia. In it's defense, the game had some cool levels.

I was also wrong. To get that last scene, you just need to beat the game with both characters.
I guess for me it was the type of game I was looking for. Long levels, absurd difficulty, dying all of the time, frantically trying to figure out what I am doing; it is perfect. Than again I liked Ikaruga, so my standards are little skewed towards masochism.

My sentiments are the same about S&P2. The original S&P was fun, but the sequel had much more flaws than the original. What is funny is that S&P2 ended up selling worse than the original S&P (I am talking about when it released originally on the Nintendo 64), and that was with the Wii having a much higher install base, and S&P1 was released when the Nintendo 64 was basically dead. I think in Japan S&P1's sales were 25K, with S&P2 selling 15K.

Also, that true ending with Achi/Kachi disturbed me too.
Sad, schmups just aren't what they used to be. Those dang casuals are killing the game industry. There is something wrong where crap like Just Dance sell a million copies each iteration while innovative games die. Than again the Wii is like that, despite having a large install base games have sold poorly if they are not from franchises people know. That is why hardly any third parties wanted to try anything on the Wii. :D

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hmmm, what exactly would Saki DO as his Final Smash? I know he'd become a giant daddy just daddy butbut, like, after that? Would he appear in the BACKGROUND, and you'd control a RETICULE and fire upon the stage? Sort of like Snake's?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No one is as great as Diddy or Dixie individually. :O

As a tag team, how about Zelda and Impa? :awesome: No seriously, think Zelda / Sheik but with faster switching and being able to throw Din's Fire at opponents while hiding behind Impa's barrier?

Just something to think about...

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I'm still partial to Ephirim and Eirika even though they never appeared as a tag team canocially.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Krom / someone would be more likely for that, seeing as how they actually team up in battles.

What about some general tag team options for some characters? Like, Donkey Kong and Diddy? Mario and Luigi? Pikachu + Pokémon Trainer, Pokémon Trainer + any Pokémon character? Just throwing out ideas. And of coarse Zelda / Impa. ^^

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
If impa got in she's more likely to be her own character or a transformation like sheik than a tag team, but I didn't crush your dreams =P.

@everyone see how I responded without starting an impa debate

And what about general tag team options. Are suggesting existing characters that could work as tag teams or what. And are you limiting tag teams to a series for a reason? If not d3 and Krool, Mario and sonic, And of course blue bomber and white bomber :awesome:

VVV Jason?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, just 'cause it's fun, I'm gonna list all the characters I want or interest me the most from already represented series (or companies I guess, in Sonic's and Snake's case):

Mario- Toad, Dr. Mario

Donkey Kong- King K. Rool, Dixie Kong

Pokemon- Mewtwo, Deoxys, Blastoise

Zelda- Skull Kid

Metroid- Ridley, Dark Samus

Wario- Captain Syrup, Jimmy T

Yoshi- Kamek

Star Fox- No one interests me that much, honestly

F-Zero- Jody Summers, Pico, Samurai Goroh, Deathborn

Kid Icarus- Medusa

Fire Emblem- Roy, Lyn

Pikmin- No one

Retro- Takamaru, Mach Rider

Earthbound- That Masked Man guy kinda interests me, but other than that, no one

SEGA- Knuckles, Metal Sonic, the main dude from Streets of Rage, Dr. Robotnik

Konami- Bomberman (He's Konami, right?), Simon Belmont

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Pokemon trainer + a pokemon would be cool, it'd kind of be interesting to see what the trainer in a tag team would do.

In other news, Hi guys, I haven't been on in a little while, whats up? ^^

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
No one is as great as Diddy or Dixie individually. :O

As a tag team, how about Zelda and Impa? :awesome: No seriously, think Zelda / Sheik but with faster switching and being able to throw Din's Fire at opponents while hiding behind Impa's barrier?

Just something to think about...

Hey, No Impa. We're talking Sin and Punishment.

My sentiments are the same about S&P2. The original S&P was fun, but the sequel had much more flaws than the original. What is funny is that S&P2 ended up selling worse than the original S&P (I am talking about when it released originally on the Nintendo 64), and that was with the Wii having a much higher install base, and S&P1 was released when the Nintendo 64 was basically dead. I think in Japan S&P1's sales were 25K, with S&P2 selling 15K.

Also, that true ending with Achi/Kachi disturbed me too.
I think the big flaw of the game was flying. It really just made the game become projectile heaven. On the ground, there were a lot more unique challenges like that bug in 2-1 or the dogs on the subway. I will admit, S&P 2 had some way cooler stages. Namely the desert.

On the subject of Achi, it's really silly that just before that scene Isa is like "Kachi is just Kachi." Jokes on him. I also get to use this again.

EDIT:Forgot to post my music. Silly me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Too bad there is nothing to absolutely talk about since we haven't gotten any new information for months now. And since Sakurai hasn't worked on this for even half of a year (unless he's lying about his progress and/or he's gotten a ton of help) I have some feelings that there wont' be much to be revealed a E3 but I hope that's not true.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You guys... really hate Impa that much?

Don't expect no real info at E3 either. But at the very least we might see some Zelda?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We where on topic on duo characters, bought up a new idea. How bad is that?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No, we hate you talking about Impa.

I mean, do you still not get it? How is it not obvious?
You know WHEN I block someone, they're annoying.

Hyperfalcon and his Hyperawkward hugs.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Herp derp. I think I'll check Smasboards! See if there's anything new! Oh! Diddy Kong defending his Impa obsession. Who would have thought?! Bai!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm not annoying. And I brought in new stuffz.
Great. Now you're in denial.
EDIT:posting this as I'm not sure if you can see it.

You know WHEN I block someone, they're annoying.

Hyperfalcon and his Hyperawkward hugs.
Your annoying. All you do is change the subject to Impa. Technically, we were talking about Sin and Punishment as well. Want to make that related to Imap too?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just had this day dream y'all coming in my house at night with chain saws and samurai blades to slaughter me in my sleep for wanting Impa in Smash.

So far I'm making preparations...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Great, now yani's gone too :cry:
Yani is gone as well? Bummer. :(

That reminds me, I'll have to make some time later this week to play S&P now that I have my Wii with me.

This also means I'm up for any matches if anyone is interested. :)

I just had this day dream y'all coming in my house at night with chain saws and samurai blades to slaughter me in my sleep for wanting Impa in Smash.

So far I'm making preparations...
Don't forget spoons. :p

But in seriousness, none of us would go that far. We understand that you support Impa, some people, as shown on your poll, do as well. However, bringing it up as much as you can/already do can get quite annoying for those who wish to discuss something else. Staying on/repeating the same topic all the time can get pretty boring as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom