• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
This is a terrible example, and Kuma is probably going to laugh at me, but in this GODZILLA FIGHTING GAME, there was a monster with attacks that used up lots of energy. It couldn't do much without charging up energy a lot, so it also had an attack to make gaining energy easier.

Maybe Dark Samus could be a character that plays kind of like that? That's a DYNAMIC? we haven't seen yet. Down Special would be the CHARGE MOVE, and when FULLY CHARGED it would make its specials, Smashes, and a select few other attacks more powerful/useful.

I thought it FIT since she's always looking for phazon to chug and what not.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like how your reasonings are all just one reason. She COULD be a clone.

A. It's COULD, B. Who gives two ****s? Clones aren't going away, get used to them. C. People LIKE Dark Samus for Dark Samus, so it being a clone doesn't matter.
Oh no, those aren't my reasoning, those are the reasons I see people oppose Dark Samus as a playable character in smash from what I have seen over the past half decade plus.

Personally I wouldn't say Dark Samus would be a first choice of mine, but I wouldn't totally oppose Dark Samus. If there is time for clones and clones only, then Dark Samus should definitely be considered as a clone. I mean, who else could be a clone left that isn't totally irrelevant=??? Obviously the 3 cut Melee clones could be clones again, but I can't think of any other relevant or nearly as important character as Dark Samus (to a franchise) that could be a clone. Maybe Waluigi, but that is about it.

Also, we are unsure if clones will return or not. I think the future of clones in smash are Luigi-fied clones personally. Luigi has slowly gotten less like Mario, Falco is just a few moves from being totally unlike Fox, Ganondorf's moves and frames are more unique than they were in Melee, Toon Link has nearly entirely different characteristics from Link, Wolf has many moves that aren't likes moves Fox and Falco use, etc. I see this trend continuing into these upcoming new smash bros games.

Edit: Also Pichu I didn't tell you that to act like a mini-mod or anything, but to warn you that you could get infractions for that. Plus I like Metroid discussions... :facepalm:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
On Metroid, I haven't played the series enough to vote for anyone except Ridley, and that's only because I'd love to see him versus Charizard or Bowser.

Sorry for interrupting present covo, but whoever made this deserves a medal in Stage concepts.

Star, is this stage (Zero Two Area) or something close to it in your Poll, by chance?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I had an idea for a stage LONG AGO that would take place in an ENCLOSED AREA, only with holes moving along the blast lines. There would be three holes moving at different speeds, a big slow one, a medium medium one, and a small fast one. In the vein of WarioWare, if you KO'd someone through the two smaller holes, you'd get a bonus.

I'm not sure what SERIES would fit a stage like that, but that Kirby one there reminded me of it. :I

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I had an idea for a stage LONG AGO that would take place in an ENCLOSED AREA, only with holes moving along the blast lines. There would be three holes moving at different speeds, a big slow one, a medium medium one, and a small fast one. In the vein of WarioWare, if you KO'd someone through the two smaller holes, you'd get a bonus.

I'm not sure what SERIES would fit a stage like that, but that Kirby one there reminded me of it. :I
The way I look at it, it could be a mix of "The Bridge of Eldin" and "Spear Pillar". Even though it's fanart, it's a fantastic inspiration of SSB stage building.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Don't forget the Twin Snake Remake for the Gamecube. It was much better then the playstation version.

Personally I don't like Snake or Master Chief. They don't fit in the Smash universe very well in either style or gameplay. Snake was kinda funny because of that aspect. His codex talks really showed how crazy the Smash world is compare to a more realistic game. Master Chief would ruin that affect since he's another "outsider" looking at Smash with the same perspective. I also didn't like that most of Snake's trophies were from non-Nintendo games.
I just needed to say, I agree that Chief shouldn't get in, but saying that the Metal Gear series is realistic is frankly ludicrous. If anything those games are nuttier than a lot of Nintendo franchises, with cyborg ninjas, vampires, ghosts and the ability to be stealthy in a cardboard box. Snake weirdly fits in for me at least.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The best stage idea I ever had=????

ANDROSS' BRAIN!!!! Eff' YEAH!!!

Edit:
@ DekuBoy
Agreed (although Master Rapier was giving his opinion and not stating it as a fact). Snake fits in smash perfectly. So does Sonic, actually.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
@Star: I could go for a Muddy sig if you have the time.

@Wildvine: Well, personally, I just don't like the idea of so many alternate costumes in general. IMO, if these are Model Swaps, which some of them look that way to be, then they shouldn't have other characters or characters from other series as a swap.

With things like Mario to Dr. Mario and the change of the two Warios, it is fine, as they are the same character and still have the same build.

Just my two cents.

Other than that, I have very few complaints...

One of which is the roster size. I highly doubt we'll get sixty slots, with an addition of 30 DLC characters. Ridley may disagree, but some things are too big, (except for Ridley:awesome:)

I also think that if you must put in Impa, make her the alternate costume with Sheik as the main person.

Furthermore, your non-DLC roster lacks a retro, I've noticed. I suggest switching one of your miscellaneous franchise characters to DLC (Perhaps Ray, as he hasn't had a game in a long while.) Then you can move a DLC retro to the main roster (I suggest Muddy, personally.)

Finally, looking at the DLC roster, it looks lie some characters were added just for the sake of adding characters, which isn't exactly reasonable.
The Alt Costumes for each character was something I had the hardest time with. Personally, I felt that Wario being the only one to get a modelswap was a little unfair, so for my roster I gave everbody one. Sure, some of the alts are different characters (Peach/Daisy, Zoroark/Darkrai, Ghirahim/Zant) or even from different series (Diddy/Salsa, Ice Climbers/Baby Bros.) but each of the model swaps could all feasibly share the same moveset via bodytype, like Ganondorf and Falcon did. There's nothing ridiculous like having Eggman be Bowser's alt or anything.

Obviously, the DLC section isn't meant to be realistic. It's half my personal unrealistic wants and half other popularly suggested characters people have said I was missing. What I DO think is more realistic is the main roster section. 60 is probably a bit large, but pretty much all the characters in said section are deserving. When you look at it from a veterans/newcomers standpoint, the roster is split 37/23. Most likely we'll have a number around the 50's, but if Sakurai and co. really wanted to, they could probably crank out 23 newcomers.

I've already made my stand on the Sheik/Impa debate, being that I support Impa replacing Sheik, but Sheik is still in as Impa's alternate costume.

While I am missing a retro character, I don't really think I "need" one. Besides, I personally think Custom Robo is long overdue for a rep.

The DLC section was basically made so people could add on their own characters that they personally wanted. I used "leak lists", wishlists I'd seen in this thread, and my own personal wants (characters like Hal Bailman, Tinstar, Sword Matter) to make up that section. In no way is the DLC section meant to be what I think is going to happen, it's just there so the roster can be variable depending on the person looking at it.

This a totally great roster, very variable.

Though I don't get the fact that there's almost every major Nintendo-character we know, but no Lip. So she's not worthy? Also, wondering will they really try to add in US-only Nintendo-characters. (-l,l-)
Oh god I totally forgot about Lip. There's probably some others I oughta throw in the DLC section too. Anybody got anyone in specific who I should add to that section?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Perverlord is just trying to make himself feel better from all the times we ignore him and his uselessness.

Er well, no, we don't ignore his uselessness because if he wasn't useless we wouldn't ignore him.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I also vote for one week of no gameplay mechanics discussion, as THAT leads to opening another can of stupidity. Especially when the gameplay mechanics discussion ALWAYS lead to examples from Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, Tekken, and the like.
Looks like Kuma isn't the only one week of better read comp.

When I bring up mechanics I never pulls stuff from other games. All original thought. Should try it.

We out.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I feel like no matter what I do from now on, I'll always be stuck with the whole "being butthurt over being ignored" or being an "attention-seeker" stigma, even as I learn more about this thread, I adjust my expectations to what'll come next after my post and therefore, not care as much as I did before in the past about feeling useless and getting ignored

Ah well, I brought this on myself, so might as well just live with it and move on

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't skip any of your posts (unless I see that it is all emotion and no logic or intelligence, which is rare). In fact, ever since I first posted here in the Summer I have read every single page. That's why I have that bulk of quotes ready a lot of the time. I also read like the first 400 pages of this thread. Fortunately for me, I am fast at reading, as well as fast at typing; otherwise, I would have spent far too many hours reading and typing on this dang thread! :grin:

And actually Metal, I gotta say you have some of the most intelligent, funny, and unique posts on here. Trust me when I say this, you gotta be here for a while to reach "sage status." I know I haven't reached it yet, but I'm knocking on the door (albeit my mannerisms and funny yet serious approach probably makes more people read my posts).

On to gameplay, I rarely take gameplay ideas from other games. The only idea I can think of that might be from other fighting games is teching into attacks (I wasn't thinking of anything but "man it would be awesome offensively to tech into an attack), patching the game through DLC (and balancing huge issues, with each version of the patch available like in BlazeBlue), stamina mode haven't adjustable stamina (and multiples lives), and so forth.

My other ideas, like grabbing while wall clinging, perfect shielding stunning foes just enough to stop their offensive barrage, and 8 angles of throwing (which would add 4 new angles; up left, up right, down left, and down right) and other ideas like that are solely ideas I thought of out of the blue or from playing a lot of smash.

Edit: By the way, when a new trailer/huge bit of information makes this thread move super fast, I'ma gonna start posting a lot in the Backroom guys... ;)

...at least until we can make threads for Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS anyways. Then, I'ma gonna make my super (character [only?]) prediction thread, which I am still saving a bag full of tricks, ideas not many have thought of, and concepts I've been thinking of for! :cool:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
When SSB4 Threads are makable, I'll be making the final piece of my VVV plan: The Dream of Victory: Victini Alliance.... if I'm allowed >_>

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Hamtaro would be the ultimate shock character. I would probably laugh my butt off.

Also, just found out what Pit's new Final Smash is going to be.

http://youtu.be/0Tl4A6pvr3g
Pretty cool. I like how the game is shaping up. They even brought back the treasures.

I don't think Pit's final smash will chance, as special attacks stay about the same. Still really cool though.

Sorry for interrupting present covo, but whoever made this deserves a medal in Stage concepts.

Star, is this stage (Zero Two Area) or something close to it in your Poll, by chance?
Pretty awesome!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pretty cool. I like how the game is shaping up. They even brought back the treasures.

I don't think Pit's final smash will chance, as special attacks stay about the same. Still really cool though.
Well, if, say, Palutena were to be playable (one thing I'm hoping for...), then perhaps it'd change, as Palutena is a significant part of it. Then this could easily be his new Final Smash.

Just a thought.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

All of you have been Viotini'd. Cursed forever. (In otherwords I'm bored as **** and really wanna play brawl...) *Falcon punches wifi router*

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Just call me LC. >.>;

Anyway, I'll go look for it in my last posts and will re-post it in here (or on a future post) ASAP. :V

Here it is.

Y'know, I was thinking perhaps a damage system that a random percentage (from 100% to higher, assuming you're on launch mode 1, up to 300% I guess, not applicable on SDs) would enable specific boosts of power. For example, Mario would have a double firing rate, firing two fireballs at the time it would take normally for a second fireball to be launched after the first one. Essentially, half the time taken to fire the balls, but a greater cool down period. Pikachu for example, while in that mode, gets more powerful attacks at the cost of hurting himself (referencing Pichu at the same time). Falcon on the other hand has a decreased Falcon Punch setup time, but balanced by having it do less damage.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lol, thanks, but I don't really care about being popular or even about getting ignored

I just felt like sharing that with y'all
Yeah I know how it feels to feel ignored on here. I sometimes feel ignored on here. However, I think it is mostly because I am not talking about what everyone else wants to talk about.

Still, I was ignored often pre-Brawl even when I was clearly right. I was clearly the most active "Wind Waker Link" and "cel shaded Link" thread goer, and people would tune me out when I would point out examples of cel-shaded graphics working with realistic graphics (ie: a lot of the "Twilight" stuff in Twilight Princess is cel-shaded).
The day when even the name of this damn game gets revealed will be a glorious day
This. Also, I will open and run the Young/Toon Link thread...

...unless y.toon.link.is underrated beats me to it...

...for a THIRD TIME!!! :mad::mad::mad: (nah it's cool, YTLIU is a cool bro) :cool:

Also, I agree with you Metal. The more I see and hear Medusa, the more I like her. I'm tempted to play the original Kid Icarus again. I never made it past like the 6th level in the game. Seriously, that game is annoyingly hard... :glare:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well, if, say, Palutena were to be playable (one thing I'm hoping for...), then perhaps it'd change, as Palutena is a significant part of it. Then this could easily be his new Final Smash.

Just a thought.
I just don't think they'd change that move just because there could be another. They tend to keep all the characters about the same in terms of their moves.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Johnknight- Yeah, haha, you must have felt great when Toon Link got in Smash. Who could honestly dislike Toon Link, anyway, with those eyes?

@LC- That isn't a bad idea, actually, it sort of reminds me of Lucario and his type of gameplay

I like it :reverse:

yani

Smash Lord
What do y'all think about KOS-MOS? She's appeared in the Xeno games on the Ps2, and has appeared in Namco x Capcom. I don't believe she has a Nintendo appearance, but she is owned by Monolith Soft (now Nintendo owned). Maybe Monolith Soft might request her as a rep? Idk.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I just don't think they'd change that move just because there could be another. They tend to keep all the characters about the same in terms of their moves.
Yeah you silly cats.

I mean, we rarely have moves COMPLETELY change. How many have completely changed before? Mario's down B? We have had them ALTERED, Falco, Wolf, Kirby's hammer, but not often changed.

Hopefully we see Falco and Wolf altered even further. Although I except that clones are a reality, I don't like it. Too bad significant change is so unlikely.

@Johnknight- Yeah, haha, you must have felt great when Toon Link got in Smash. Who could honestly dislike Toon Link, anyway, with those eyes?
Anyone who was hoping for something cool in terms of WW moveset. Although, in hindsight, they should have expected him being a clone. Look at YLink.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman

@LC- That isn't a bad idea, actually, it sort of reminds me of Lucario and his type of gameplay

I like it :reverse:

I know, right? It could be toggleable as well in case there are purists that may see it as a deteriorator to the original gameplay style, but by default it's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom