• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildvine47

Smash Ace

CREDIT GOES TO GOLDENYUUITUSIN FOR THE BASE I USED AND ARIAND FOR SOME OF THE IMAGES

Here's the (hopefully) final version of my dream Smash 4 roster. It's not very likely we'll be getting all of these characters, but I'll be very surprised if we get someone who's NOT on this list. The section to the left is the characters that the game ships with. The section to the right is for people to pick and choose which characters they eventually want added as DLC. They're either characters who barely didn't make the roster to the left or are my own personal pipe dreams. And before people go all "LOL WHY DLC", the reason they're all not included at launch is so that the game can launch earlier.

The initial 60 characters to the left are what launch with the game, and the ones you've chosen to the right will be added afterwards via free DLC. This way the game can release relatively quickly, and the other characters can be worked on and released post-launch. Alternate costumes are included for the initial roster, but not for DLC's as of yet. If you guys want to suggest alts for the DLC's, I'm open to suggestions, but for right now, I'm done with this roster.

Soooo... thoughts? I'm not 100% happy with all the alt costumes I've got in there, (Palutena, Lucas, and Zoroark come to mind) but this was the best I could come up with for each character and suggestions are always welcome for alt costume changes. If I like your idea, it might get added.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Star: I could go for a Muddy sig if you have the time.

@Wildvine: Well, personally, I just don't like the idea of so many alternate costumes in general. IMO, if these are Model Swaps, which some of them look that way to be, then they shouldn't have other characters or characters from other series as a swap.

With things like Mario to Dr. Mario and the change of the two Warios, it is fine, as they are the same character and still have the same build.

Just my two cents.

Other than that, I have very few complaints...

One of which is the roster size. I highly doubt we'll get sixty slots, with an addition of 30 DLC characters. Ridley may disagree, but some things are too big, (except for Ridley:awesome:)

I also think that if you must put in Impa, make her the alternate costume with Sheik as the main person.

Furthermore, your non-DLC roster lacks a retro, I've noticed. I suggest switching one of your miscellaneous franchise characters to DLC (Perhaps Ray, as he hasn't had a game in a long while.) Then you can move a DLC retro to the main roster (I suggest Muddy, personally.)

Finally, looking at the DLC roster, it looks lie some characters were added just for the sake of adding characters, which isn't exactly reasonable.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

CREDIT GOES TO GOLDENYUUITUSIN FOR THE BASE I USED AND ARIAND FOR SOME OF THE IMAGES

Here's the (hopefully) final version of my dream Smash 4 roster. It's not very likely we'll be getting all of these characters, but I'll be very surprised if we get someone who's NOT on this list. The section to the left is the characters that the game ships with. The section to the right is for people to pick and choose which characters they eventually want added as DLC. They're either characters who barely didn't make the roster to the left or are my own personal pipe dreams. And before people go all "LOL WHY DLC", the reason they're all not included at launch is so that the game can launch earlier.

The initial 60 characters to the left are what launch with the game, and the ones you've chosen to the right will be added afterwards via free DLC. This way the game can release relatively quickly, and the other characters can be worked on and released post-launch. Alternate costumes are included for the initial roster, but not for DLC's as of yet. If you guys want to suggest alts for the DLC's, I'm open to suggestions, but for right now, I'm done with this roster.

Soooo... thoughts? I'm not 100% happy with all the alt costumes I've got in there, (Palutena, Lucas, and Zoroark come to mind) but this was the best I could come up with for each character and suggestions are always welcome for alt costume changes. If I like your idea, it might get added.
This a totally great roster, very variable.

Though I don't get the fact that there's almost every major Nintendo-character we know, but no Lip. So she's not worthy? Also, wondering will they really try to add in US-only Nintendo-characters. (-l,l-)

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I kind of wanted four third party and 3 per: Konami / Sega / Capcom / Indie Teams
The third of each would be a somewhat obscure one.
Konami: Snake / Simon / Django
Sega: Sonic / NiGHTS / Ristar
Capcom: Megaman / Ryu / Arthur
Indies: Quote / Video / Lemeza

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I can't wait until E3 rolls around or we get some solid news so that people (especially vets) will stop whining about this thread and its topics

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I noticed some of you guys, complaining about the whining that comes from this thread. To be honest, as you say that, I have to cover my ears with cement mixing. In otherwords, you're whining too.

Yes, people wants and pleasures of a game may seem outlandish, but that doesn't stop them from wanting it. Same goes for the outlook of SSB. If it's such a reap from your day, why are you even here? I'm not saying you should just leave, but just chill somewhere else. I've been RPing, so, I'll rarely be here as is.

Moreover, you say that the intelect of this thread sucks? Sorry for everyone not having the same ideals. That's what I have to say. Also, I'm tagging comment for more than just what I saw in the last few days, I'm talking about the last three months. SSB4 news should hit sooner or later this year. Just be patient, some of you, that's all I'm sayin'.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I noticed some of you guys, complaining about the whining that comes from this thread. To be honest, as you say that, I have to cover my ears with cement mixing. In otherwords, you're whining too.

Yes, people wants and pleasures of a game may seem outlandish, but that doesn't stop them from wanting it. Same goes for the outlook of SSB. If it's such a reap from your day, why are you even here? I'm not saying you should just leave, but just chill somewhere else. I've been RPing, so, I'll rarely be here as is.

Moreover, you say that the intelect of this thread sucks? Sorry for everyone not having the same ideals. That's what I have to say. Also, I'm tagging comment for more than just what I saw in the last few days, I'm talking about the last three months. SSB4 news should hit sooner or later this year. Just be patient, some of you, that's all I'm sayin'.
Maan Asage, you deserve an internet for this. I mean, we all have our standards and likings. Sure some talk way too much about it, but still, we can't let ourselves go like this.

I'm at least going to get Uprising and think how it could affect SSB4 along playing it occasionally.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Any average joe who's been posting in this thread long enough knows how this thread can get at times. It doesn't make you any more insightful than the rest of us by saying "I DON'T LIKE THIS THREAD ANYMORE" or "LOLOLO THIS THREAD IS CYCLIC"

The sad fact is for the most part, these are the same people who are merely content with making snarky comments to whoever suggests something they don't like, and then when they leave they do the exact same thing they did before when they come back, instead of trying to understand why we like what we like and going from there

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, Diddy, I understand your passion for Impa and I don't have anything against Impa. In fact, I don't even know much all that much about her. But, still, in your particular case, you did the opposite of what I'm talking about, and that's all I gotta say

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Maan Asage, you deserve an internet for this. I mean, we all have our standards and likings. Sure some talk way too much about it, but still, we can't let ourselves go like this.

I'm at least going to get Uprising and think how it could affect SSB4 along playing it occasionally.

Quite right. I'll make sure to put that internet on top my fridge :cool:\

I said once upon a time that Uprising'll suck. Now, I will buy it because it actually looks good. The downfall of assumptions, which is why I laugh at people who automatically say Jiggz and IC WILL come in(HF, Metal, and... well, all of you).

Like what you like. Who gives a flying **** what the other person says, really... Example: I vote for Victini and MC vs one of you voting for Zoroark and Ridley. Do you like them? If so, what do you like about them? Don't vote for what you expect; vote for what you want. This is crunch time, not Dojo hour.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
But... but I like Jigglypuff :(
Then like him. No one's stopping you. Besides, who honestly cares? It's not like if someone likes Victini, I'm going to walk over and hug them.

What I mean to say is that instead of voting for what's likely, vote for what you'd want to see. There's no shame in voting for Master Chief, Crash Bandicoot, or even Rayman, you know?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
There's no shame in voting for Master Chief
There's actually much shame in that, for a character to be in Smash Bros. we could at the very least impose a rule that they must have been on a nintendo console. No shame in liking halo but how could you really want him in smash bros.?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Diddy, I understand your passion for Impa and I don't have anything against Impa. In fact, I don't even know much all that much about her. But, still, in your particular case, you did the opposite of what I'm talking about, and that's all I gotta say

Well, I guess that's good right? No worries, I got new ideas for the character even. Will be posting after the next week is over, or will be posting it on my blog. STAY TUNED.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I have no intention of hurting feelings, go ahead and fantasize but I think there's a line and not only would adding in Master Cheif or Drake from UC be stupid and game breaking but it owuld be acrossing a line.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There's actually much shame in that, for a character to be in Smash Bros. we could at the very least impose a rule that they must have been on a nintendo console. No shame in liking halo but how could you really want him in smash bros.?
First off, the word "Like" means you'd appreciate somethin, which you obviously didn't know. I'd appreciate MC in SSB4, even though it's very unlikely. It's very disrespectful to dis someone for what they'd love to see. Rules don't apply to what would look cool to you.

Meanieface... :cry:
Sorry. That's all I have to say.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have no intention of hurting feelings, go ahead and fantasize but I think there's a line and not only would adding in Master Cheif or Drake from UC be stupid and game breaking but it owuld be acrossing a line.
Got news, buttercup: I'll like whoever the hell I want. I'd love to see MC VS Lucario.

That's the point. You guys are whining that the speculation goes too far, so then say you'd love to see them. Maybe if you actually read the text, generally speaking, you'll see that imagination plays greatly here, in this thread.

(DP, my bad.)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I said go ahead and fantasize, I've read a post of yours long ago that you'd leave smash bros. forever if MC appeared in a different fighting game. I said there's no problem in liking halo, which means appreciating so I obviously DID know that. To me though, I would leave smash bros. if that did happen, I don't like it and I think more people would agree with me. I also said that I have no intentions of being mean, so I'm not dissing you, I just have my own opinion which I'm entitled to and it just so happen to be that MC would be a terrible addition and seeing as most Hlao fans hate on Ninty in a completely biased way and MC ha snever and will never appear on a Nintendo home console, I think my opinion has some logic to it.

Again, I'm not hating on you, I'm hating on your idea. There's a difference between attacking a person and saying, no I don't like that. I have every right to say I don't like MC as you do to say you like him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Then why the hate on me for promoting an idea that's actually quite possible..??

YOU DON'T SAY

Oh and isn't it would and not owuld?

Mother of god, people are now seriously bashing others for wanting (Not thinking that he's likely and all) unlikely characters!?! What's next now? We can't want the unlikely nintendo characters? REALLY NOW? God, this damn thread forgot how to respect a damn opinion or wish.....

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Again, I'm not hating on you, I'm hating on your idea. There's a difference between attacking a person and saying, no I don't like that. I have every right to say I don't like MC as you do to say you like him.
Are you reading what I'm saying?
Obviously not.

Yeah, you can say you wouldn't like him in Sm4sh, but you're going off on ruling of how likely he is. So, instead of spoutin, "MC won't get in because he was never on the Nintendo!!" how about just saying, "Personally, I wouldn't like to see MC".

Then why the hate on me for promoting an idea that's actually quite possible..??

Because you were being trolly about it. I'm done talking to you about THAT.

I'm gone for now. I can see that irritation of common sense is kicking up.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I think even you can see he has 0%...literally 0%. As well I don't like him. I'm saying both.

Side note, I'm as irritated as you so we'll drop it.

I think even you can see he has 0%...literally 0%. As well I don't like him. I'm saying both.

Saying you can't vote for Chief because he's unlikely is seriously..... Just stupid. Just want who you want despite the odds. They just wish for **** sake. You can't just say....

"Hold it there! I ain't allowin' ya to say **** like that in this thread. Shame!"

Oh and no, I'm not chill at all. I'm ticked off by how far this thread has gone into.

--------------

Crap, I sense that someone will say, "Wait a minute, since you are practically bashing Krisps' opinion, doesn't that mean your going against your principals of not bashing opinions but rather respect them instead? And also, it seems like YOUR the one who's bashing"

Well I don't sound like I'm giving a **** right now, right?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Ok, Sakurai. You're right. God damn, listen to yourself... You would of said the same thing about Snake.

Oh, I'm chill. I already know you guys are irritated.

Here's something similar towards Like vs Likely.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
YOU DON'T SAY

Oh and isn't it would and not owuld?

Mother of god, people are now seriously bashing others for wanting (Not thinking that he's likely and all) unlikely characters!?! What's next now? We can't want the unlikely nintendo characters? REALLY NOW? God, this damn thread forgot how to respect a damn opinion or wish.....
Love how that person is getting upset over someone voting for another character. Some people act like big babies in this thread.

*AHEM*

Back to what I wanted to talk about, Drake is awesome. He should be in Smash 4 because he's simply awesome. And also, he has guns and all so that can really change the whole gam---

Okay, in all seriousness... He's gonna be a little like Snake except his "projectiles" are more direct. He'll be using the crossbow, barrel and some grenades to fight along with his close combat skills.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Saying you can't vote for Chief because he's unlikely is seriously..... Just stupid. Just want who you want despite the odds. They just wish for **** sake. You can't just say....

"Hold it there! I ain't allowin' ya to say **** like that in this thread. Shame!"
I never said that, don't put words in my mouth. I don't like him, I could care less if a moveset was imagined for him. Aas for the point of Snake, he debutted on the NES, was on the gameboy, etc. Not to mention the developers were friends, I was fine with Snake in Brawl. I'm not fine with an american, competing space marine in a Nintendo fighting game...because I don't like it.

Love how that person is getting upset over someone voting for another character. Some people act like big babies in this thread.
Yeah...

Oh and sorry about that time when I went berserk against you :urg:
I never said that, don't put words in my mouth.
Really now?
You're pretty much encouraging or even making people avoid voting for Chief by just saying this ya know. Hell, why do you think Metal called you a "meanie" (Lol)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It's not even like we wanted Goku in Smash or some ****, lol, da Chief and Drake are at least still video game characters, so people just need to chill the hell out

D

Deleted member

Unrestricted Pause Cam code ****-up.
Nope. A reference to the defense mechanism of the "Michael Jackson: The Experience" for 3DS of pirated copies.
You couldn't play the game itself, vuvuzelas played over the music, and if you paused the game, it froze.

@yani: Agreed. That is disrespectful. Furthermore, I don't really need credit for the Roster as much as Ariand does.

Also, I think I found the sole exception to the "no anime" rule.

As I found out from GoNintendo, Nintendo owns the IP for the video games, and even mention a few Hamtaro games on Brawl's Chronicle.
Hamtaro vs. Pikachu, anyone? (OH GOD I TALKED ABOUT POKEMON NOW KUMA WILL RAGE)

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I remember playing the Hamtaro games for the GBA and I admit that they were fun as well as innocent at the same time. It was nice seeing the reference to the Hamtaro game on the Brawl Chronicles list and it is cool to know that Nintendo did make those games. Hamtaro would be something interesting, but how much of a chance does he actually fare for Smash?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I never said that, don't put words in my mouth. I don't like him, I could care less if a moveset was imagined for him. Aas for the point of Snake, he debutted on the NES, was on the gameboy, etc. Not to mention the developers were friends, I was fine with Snake in Brawl. I'm not fine with an american, competing space marine in a Nintendo fighting game...because I don't like it.
Don't forget the Twin Snake Remake for the Gamecube. It was much better then the playstation version.

Personally I don't like Snake or Master Chief. They don't fit in the Smash universe very well in either style or gameplay. Snake was kinda funny because of that aspect. His codex talks really showed how crazy the Smash world is compare to a more realistic game. Master Chief would ruin that affect since he's another "outsider" looking at Smash with the same perspective. I also didn't like that most of Snake's trophies were from non-Nintendo games.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
We've never speculated on Hamtaro before, so ummm... they probably aren't very high, I'd say? I guess if more people knew about Nintendo owning the rights to his games, he would be more of a popular request, and therefore, maybe he'd have a better chance of making it in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom