• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
In all honesty, I liked Ness's victory theme best in Smash 64.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Can I just get language options for my characters?
You know what? I don't like how characters in Street Fighter don't speak their nationality's language. That should be a bonus option or something.

Oh, it's too hard and expensive to gather up voice actors that can speak all those different languages? Tough.

Also I miss how the ...audience cheered for Ganondorf in Melee. They did not want to cheer for Ganondorf.

D

Deleted member

"Ganondorrrrf......Ganondorrrrf....."
They sounded like he threatened to kill them if they didn't.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
@Golden

Sounds good:

Super Mario Bros.: Keeps getting better through the years. Though the SSB64 Mario theme has a bit of more energetic beat to it.
Donkey Kong: All the themes are alright; however, the SSB64 DK victory theme was the best with the countless number of instruments.
Legend of Zelda: I personally liked the Brawl Zelda theme better than the Melee and 64 ones. Quite an advancement imo.
Metroid: The SSB64 one sounded the best. Melee was rather good, but Brawl's incarnation sounds rather toned down.
Yoshi's Island: I loved the beats from the original SSB64 theme. The Melee and Brawl ones also sound rather decent, but just less energetic (still good though). :D
Kirby (excluding Meta Knight's): I personally disliked the Melee victory theme. The original SSB and Brawl Kirby victory themes sounded good though.
StarFox: I liked the Melee incarnation best here.
Pokemon: I personally liked all three themes.
F-Zero: The Brawl incarnation sounded best to me here.
Mother: The SSB64 theme was the best easily. The Melee one was also rather good. The Brawl theme on the other hand was one of my least favourites as I personally liked the fanfare from the first two Smash games better.
Ice Climber: The Brawl theme added a good little beat to this fanfare, so I would have to say the Brawl version was best to me.
Fire Emblem: The Melee one was best to me. The Brawl version just sounded too busy for me. :bee:
Game & Watch: I guess I would have to prefer the Melee version to be better. I liked the little fanfare here.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I LOVED the Melee announcer soooo much :cry:

"SUPER SMASH BROTHERS... MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

"This game's winner is..."

"Game!"

"Ready! Go!"

"Failure..."

"Mewtwo!"

"Donkey Kong!"

"Melee!"

"Success!"

"BREAK DA TARGETS"

God, that announcer was so quote-worthy :(

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Turn the LOVE back!

And yes, I'd like bilingual voice options where applicable. Gives you more options. Though, it'd be odd to hear the Mario characters in Japanese.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Since both wii u and 3rd have a mic. It would be cool if you could record your own announcer, like yourself.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Turn the LOVE back!

And yes, I'd like bilingual voice options where applicable. Gives you more options. Though, it'd be odd to hear the Mario characters in Japanese.
PURIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was always awesome, to have someone who doesn't speak with completely different sounds based on language.

NujabesIsAlive

Smash Rookie
I just joined this website a while ago, and I came to this thread.

Does anyone want to give me an idea of what's going on? Like has anything happened besides what's on the 1st post? I don't feel like reading through all 5000 pages, so I'd really appreciate it.

grizby2

Smash Lord
Turn the LOVE back!

i think charles martinet also does the japanese part as well.
that being said

mario
luigi
wario
waluigi

would sound the same :)

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
I just joined this website a while ago, and I came to this thread.

Does anyone want to give me an idea of what's going on? Like has anything happened besides what's on the 1st post? I don't feel like reading through all 5000 pages, so I'd really appreciate it.
Pointless impa-sheik arguments
trolling
Being off topic 65% of the time
Roster critiquing
Bad box art mega man discussion
Every thing else is irrelavent;)

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
In soviet Russia, jigglypuff is ouR national pokemon ;)
PS(and no, I am not in or from Russia)
PPS(do not say shut up PICHU)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know what? I don't like how characters in Street Fighter don't speak their nationality's language. That should be a bonus option or something.

Oh, it's too hard and expensive to gather up voice actors that can speak all those different languages? Tough.
That may be easier said than done. You have to get different actors for just about every character (unless one can do two or something). Going by the SSF4 roster, you'd need at least Japanese, English, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, Italian, Hindi (or some other Indian language), Russian, and Thai, all for various genders and regional differences. Tekken Tag 2, while providing a similar option, only opened up on Brazilian Portuguese, Spain Spanish, French, and German, and that's for five actors in total. They already had Korean and Mandarin under their belt.

It's probably rather difficult to keep all those actors together. Gotta admit though, it is commonly requested.

At least Capcom kept it simple by occasionally adding words from their native language.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Did any of you like the Brawl version of the rest arena music in the All Star mode? I personally liked the peaceful version of the theme from Melee better though I guess Brawl's one suited the darker atmosphere.

I personally hope to see that SSB4 is more light hearted in nature as the original Smash Bros. and Melee were. Brawl was just too dark and serious in my opinion (especially with the SSE).

D

Deleted member

Or he mind controlled them.

Remember, Falco got one like that too.
That's right...so Falco, being the stuck up prick he is, had them at laser gunpoint, somehow....

@Krisp: The only acceptable replacement for Toon Link.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
This is semi/not at all related:

How about that inconsistency with naming Olimar in Brawl? In some places his character was referred to as "Pikmin & Olimar" (such as on the Dojo, and I believe his trophy name), and other places he was called just "Olimar" (character select screen, SSE).

I dunno, I just thought they would use the same name throughout.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Probably changed the format at some point and didn't update the old stuff. A lot of people like to pretend it means something, bless em.

@Kuma: I'd like to think it's more work finding someone to cast and direct for each language than it is to get the actors and actresses together, but who knows. Punch-Out had eight, plus Hippo and Kong.

grizby2

Smash Lord

How about that inconsistency with naming Olimar in Brawl? In some places his character was referred to as "Pikmin & Olimar" (such as on the Dojo, and I believe his trophy name), and other places he was called just "Olimar" (character select screen, SSE).

something like that wouldn't bother me too much, but it would be nice to have consistency, especially in something as simple as character names.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman

I believe it's because Pikmin do most of the work, only commanded by Olimar.

D

Deleted member

Well in the Japan version, he was always "Pikmin and Olimar".

(Or at least he was called that when you selected him, and when he was introduced in the SSE. On the CSS itself and in-battle, it was just "Olimar".)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well in the Japan version, he was always "Pikmin and Olimar".

(Or at least he was called that when you selected him, and when he was introduced in the SSE. On the CSS itself and in-battle, it was just "Olimar".)
Which is funny since the Pikmin were more focused on in-game. Then again, maybe he could have been considered the main character, or the fact that cutscene is called "The Two Captains".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom